The Gloomy Blonde Guy

How Can You Chase Someone Who Isn't Really Running?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fil stopped at River Park inside a subdivision, where rich people stay. This is where the Chase guy asked to drop him off.  She turned off her bike and jump off, following where he was going.

The riverbank had several benches in placed and there was a park bridge connecting to the other side of the river. On the other end, there is a gazebo and more loveseat benches.  There were light posts in a curvy pathway that leads to bushes of flowers. It was a garden style park and all the benches, gazebo and lights posts are painted in white. She was enjoying the fresh air and the flowing dark water under the moonlight.  It looks pretty romantic but their situation isn't. They met at a bar, she was the one driving, the guy is drunk and he insulted her, not romantic, indeed.

The guy stood near the river, removed his jacket and set it on the grass to sit on it. He was wearing a vest same color with this tux and a white long sleeve shirt under it. The guy patted the space beside him, inviting her to sit. She hesitated at first but she ushered herself beside him.  The amount of alcohol she drunk earlier is starting to take effect. She sat with her legs lifted where she can hug it. She can feel the cool breeze brushing on her exposed neck, so she decided to remove her bun.

The guy was looking at the dark sky with his legs stretched straight forward and his arms on his sides supporting his body weight. He released a heavy sigh then he broke the silence.

"Thanks for the roller coaster ride. I badly need that to shake off everything," he muttered with a bit of sadness in the tone.

She looked at him and he was still looking up. Fil can see sadness on his face. She wondered that maybe the guy intended to get lost in that noisy bar.

"Shake what off?" she asked, trying to dig more.

Chase shook his head and let out a heavy sigh again, "She was supposed to say yes today."

She was getting a little idea on what he said but asked further more. Sticking her nose a little bit can do no harm.

"Who was?" asking him with a soft voice.

He sat up straight and crossed his legs. Then he bent forward placing his elbows on his legs while shuffling his hair with frustration. She can no longer count how many sighs he made.

"My bride," he heartlessly released a small laugh," I mean my future wife, no my ex fiancé. Oh fudge! I don't know what to call her."

"A ." she retorted.

He instantly turns his head towards her, looking bemused, "What did you say!?"

He shouted at her but she let it go, instead she lay down on the grass, supporting her head with her arms and placing his right leg on her left. She focused on the dark starry sky above to calm herself before answering.

"Obviously you we're ditched on your wedding day. Tell me a non- girl, saying yes to a proposal then preparing and spending tons of cash for the wedding, but rejected you before the I Do part?"

His mood changed to gloomy again and lay down beside her. Their elbows are almost touching which make her flinched, so she moved to get a little distance. 

"You may be right." he agreed.

"Oh I'm always right." Fil affirmed.

"She was so beautiful walking down the aisle.  Her veil was covering her entire face. The distance was giving me a hard time seeing her face. I couldn't wait to see her beautiful face, it's as if I just want to run towards her and lift her to the altar, but when her face was getting more visible behind the veil I saw a hesitant face." he stopped, " I was expecting a smiling face but her face showed that she don't want to get closer. She did not focused on me but kept looking on her sides. And when I met her eyes she stepped back and shook her head. I was about to step forward but she turned back and ran away. I was run after her but the moment I arrived outside, she was already in a car and they drove fast. I was left there puzzled and broken."

"Has your ex been watching Runaway Bride? Was she planning to be like Maggie Carpenter?" she irritably stated.

"It's not in your personality to watch those 90's chick flicks." he sneered.

She suppressed the idea of the Runaway Bride. She unintentionally spilled her secret.

"Uh-I just made that up. I didn't know there's such a movie." she faltered. The uneasiness made her sat back. He heart was throbbing rapidly. She exhaled and to calm her feeling. She has been watching too much Julia Roberts' movies these days. Maybe that's why she suddenly popped up her mind and blabbed about it. No way will she let a stranger know her clandestine rituals. 

The guy chuckled, "Every girl watches those kinds of stuff. They always dream of a romantic encounter and a fairly tale happy ending. But I wonder why she ran off? I'm definitely a Knight in Shining Armor."

Fil suddenly felt sick of his overconfidence. She gestured as if he was throwing up, to show her disgust. The guy cackled and sat back. Then there were silence again.

Talking to a guy she just met is really hard. Topics don't easily pop up unlike to those you knew. Every second of silence feels like eternity and it pressures her to start a conversation.

"Hey!" he ended the silence with a yell.

"What?" she jerked back glowering at him.

"Face me." Chase ordered. He moved and was waiting for her to shift her position to face him.

"Who gave you the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter