Chapter 6

Love Will Find You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Alright! Let’s get started.” Ha In sat down in a study room with Yeong Ji, Haley and two other guys, Minkyung and Jason, to have discussions for a group project for a class they had together. “Jason, your part’s first. Let’s hear it.”

It was agreed on their first meeting that Ha In be team leader and that they each were assigned a part to do research on and explain to other members the next time they met. As Typical of Ha In, she was good at leading the discussion. Everything was going well for the time being. Questions and answers were thrown back and forth until they got to a common ground for each part. With no time wasted, they got four parts covered, until they came to the last one.

“Umm…Sorry, everyone.” Minkyung spoke hesitantly as everyone waited with anticipation for his ideas, “I’ve been so busy with my other classes. I haven’t got time to work on my part yet.”

“What?” Jason asked, sounding a little irritated. “Why didn’t you tell us sooner?”

“Urg, now we can’t get to the conclusions without your part. I thought we could get it over without a problem.” Haley, too, started to complain.

All the while, Minkyung was worried most about what Ha In had to say, but she seemed to be strangely quiet which scared him even more.

Yeong Ji, who knew why Ha In had been quiet, let out a sigh before nudging her cousin on the elbow. “Can’t be helped. Give us what you have, Ha In.”

“Hmm? What do we do, Ha In?” Haley was hopeful as she looked at Ha In. So were Jason and Minkyung. If anything, they had a feeling they could rely on her at a time like this. That was why they chose her as the leader, after all.

“Umm” Ha In began with hesitation in her tone, which was new to the three of them, “actually, I’ve looked it up quite a bit.”

“Oh really? Let’s get on with it then.” Jason said with relief while Minkyung, who still felt guilty, remained silent.

So that’s what Yeong Ji meant by give us what you have, Haley thought to herself as she watched Ha In proceeded to giving explanation to the team in full details.

“Alright. That’s it then. We’ve come to an agreement on everything. Now all that’s left to do is to write in down. We’ll put it together in two weeks.” Ha In wrapped up the meeting half an hour later. Then she turned to Minkyung with a stern face, “And Minkyung? I got you covered today, but it won’t happen again next time around. If you slack a second time, I’m not afraid to take you off the team.”

“Understood, Noona.”

Wow! The happy-go-lucky Ha In is scary when serious, thought the three people who had just seen the serious side of Go Ha In for the first time.

The meeting was finally over, and everyone was dismissed. Haley, who stayed behind with Yeong Ji and Ha In, still wasn’t done gaping over how Ha In came up with those ideas immediately like that.

“Wow. You were amazing. You really were. I seriously don’t understand how you pulled that off so easily” But Ha In didn’t seem at all happy about the compliment, making Haley caught on immediately that something was off, “Somehow, why do I have a feeling it wasn’t by chance that you looked up that part? And that it wasn’t the only part, either?”

“That’s because she worked on everything.” Yeong Ji spoke in a low voice.

“Really? Everything? Everybody’s part?” Haley uttered in surprise, and Ha In nodded slowly, “But you gave us the job! Don’t you trust us?”

“No! Never!” Ha In spoke out in pure horror, afraid to be misunderstood. Again. “It’s just my curiosity and my impatience. I got carried away. Before I realized it, I already figured out everything. But I never, ever, doubt any of you. I assigned each person their particular part because I could see which problem you guys have better understanding on.”

“Hmm. True. I can tell you could totally see that. It’s not a problem then.” Haley assured Ha In with a wide grin.

“At least it comes in handy at times like this, though. So we don’t have anything to lose.” Yeong Ji added. Personally, she hadn’t liked it before because the younger Ha In hadn’t known when to shut up and let people speak. Knowing too much and being unable to hold back could be such a curse. Fortunately, her cousin had now learnt to be more cautious. Yeong Ji, who knew what Ha In had been through, could only be grateful for that now.

“But to think you actually have some ideas about my problem…now I’m curious.” Haley mumbled, and finally, her curiosity got to her, “Right. I wanna hear it.”

“Huh? For real?” Ha In asked in surprise.

“You’re gonna regret it though.” Yeong Ji warned.

“Still! Now come on. Let’s hear it.” Haley urged in anticipation, and Ha In could only sigh and started speaking.

“Whoa! It seriously IS better than my idea

Please log in to read the full chapter