One

Baby, Baby

 

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap

 

Jiyong heaved out a heavy sigh as he leaned back the chair and continuously tapping the pen on the table. He's been in the same position for the past fifteen minutes, and as the time drags by he is growing more and more dreadful. 

 

The day started out as it was for the past few weeks, and Jiyong was growing so bored of it; so sick of not having the inspiration to come up of a new song for their come back. It has been a few days since he finished with Fantastic Baby. He had been so happy that it got a positive feedback from their president and s, but now, that happiness dissipated as he struggled to make another song for the group.

 

Tap Tap Tap

 

Tap Tap

 

Tap Tap Tap

 

"Yo, anything new yet?" A familiar baritone voice filled the room, as well as the smell of brewed coffee. Immediately, Jiyong looked at the direction of the door and saw his hyung carrying two cups of coffee from their favorite shop and he got up the seat happily like a kid.

 

"Hyung! I am so happy to see you," Jiyong chimed as he reached out for the coffee but got nothing as it was raised up by the taller one. "Hyung, please gimme..." He whined.

 

Seunhyun chuckled, "Are you happy to see me or the coffee?"

 

"Both?" Jiyong replied with a childish smirk as he tried stand on his toes to reach for the drink. Whe he did not, he resulted to pouting even more and whining childishly with a high pitched tone, "Oppa~ Gimme my coffee."

 

"Fine. Fine, here you go," the older gave in and ruffled the other's already unruly hair. "Gosh, if you were a girl I would not hesitate to kiss that pout away, you know. You're too pretty for a guy," he joked before sitting down beside the younger and checking out the lyrics he's been scribbling.

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong remained rooted in place, staring intently at his hyung, feeling his heart beat flutter. "You could still kiss me, you know," he unknowingly muttered.

 

"Hm?" Preoccupied, Seunghyun looked back at Jiyong, "You say something?"

 

Awaken form the haze, Jiyong's cheek heated and he sipped his coffee as an excuse to hide it, "Nothing."

 

*

 

"It needs to be something deep, you know...A sentimental song. I want to write something that the fans can relate to, not just something that can be enjoyed in the clubs," Jiyong said, exasperation evident in his voice as he slumped forward on the table.

 

Youngbae watched his friend with fond eyes; this long time friend of his who wanted nothing but perfection; who kept on nagging about not having the inspiration to make the next big hit of their group but always manages to create a masterpiece that would surely be recognized internationally; this friend who always throws a tantrum about his lack of skill but always proves himself wrong when they get award after award for their new album. So, really, this scene playing out in front of him now has been a welcome occurence every time they have a comeback. Because Jiyong always wanted perfection.

 

And honestly, G-Dragon always gets the perfection he wants.

 

"Okay,so sentimental, you say?" He said to indulge his friend, and sat down beside him and skimming at the lyrics that has beem scribbled out multiple times. "Is it a break-up song? Someone pining over someone?"

 

A groan was heard, "I don't know! A little bit of both?"

 

"Hmmm. So you wanted to sing something that will make the fans feel blue?"

 

His question was met by silence, and after a few seconds he look up only to be shocked. Because Jiyong lifted his head that he's been resting on his arms and was looking at Youngbae with that twinkle in his eyes.

 

Ah, I must have said something--- he thought,

 

"Perfect! That's it! You're a genius, Youngbae!" Jiyong exclaimed and retrieved the notepad that his friend was holding and started writing relentlessly with a small smile on his lips.Youngbae watched him silently for a few seconds, before he looked at what his friend is writing and a smile turned up at his face too.

 

"Yah, I want to copyright this," he joked and got a giggle out of his friend who was too immersed in writing to reply.

 

*

 

"Seungri-ah, try breathing in before continuing to the next lyrics," Jiyong spoke through the mic as the recording progressed.

 

Seungri gave a thumbs up and started all over again.

 

"Yo, so am I next?" Seunghyun joined him in the recording room with Teddy, and placed down a cup of coffee in front Jiyong who looked up to give him a grateful smile before returning back to monitor the maknae's progress.

 

"You're after Seungri. Hey, where's my coffee?" Teddy complained, seeing that Seunghyun sipped at the other cup of coffee he's holding.

 

"Sorry, hyung. Only got two hands for two coffee." the other explained and smiled apologetically.

 

"Yeah right. You're like Jiyong's personal assisstant, did I tell you that?" Teddy joked.

 

"For about ten times already, hyung," Seunghyun chuckled.

 

"Well, you can't blame me. You always bring him something whenever you visit the studio. And you know I almost always work with him, so why don't I get anything?" he whined playfully and displayed a pout.

 

"First, he's my precious dongsaeng. Second, he is my precious dongsaeng. And third, he's my precious dongsaeng," Seunghyun listed, flicking a figer for every reason he uttered.

 

"Yah. But I am your precious hyung!"

 

"And lastly," he added with a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Jiyong's pout is way more convincing than yours. You need to work on that one, hyung."

 

*

 

After the recording, Jiyong and Seunhyung got in the same van to go home together. Jiyong offered one earphone to his hyung so he can listen to the draft of the new song they are recording and asked for some comments. When it came to opinions about their music, Jiyong always turns to Seunghyun because he knows he'll get a very precise criticism becasue they both have the same passion, and the same want to be perfect when creating their own music. He played and replayed their individual parts and kept in mind what his hyung was commenting to make the changes tomorrow at their recording.

 

A few minutes of listening, Seunghyun felt something falling on his shoulder and he looked down to see Jiyong fast asleep. Knowing that his dongsaeng spent the entire day in the studio composing and recording, he did not have the heart to wake him. Instead, he adjusted his body carefully, so as to not wake the other, and got his back resting on the window, bringing up his one leg up the seat then maneuvered Jiyong so that his back rested comfortably as Seunhyun's chest and his head nestled at the crook of his neck.

 

When the van jostled, Seunghyun instinctively wrapped his arms around Jiyong's waist to keep him in place, then just left it there to support the other. He let his eyes flutter shut and soon followed Jiyong to unconsciousness.