Ch. 7

Flutter
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

You woke up slowly, wiggling around in the soft bed and relishing the warmth before opening your eyes. You were slightly disappointed to find the bed empty next to you. You sat up, looking around sleepily when you heard a faint clatter coming from outside the bedroom.

Shoving the covers to the side, you slipped out of the bed and padded out of the room. You were met with a messy haired Sehun carefully picking out food from what looked like an overflowing room service trolley and setting it on a small tray on the table.

He looked up as soon as he heard you enter, a small smile immediately appearing on his lips.

“I was going to bring this to you,” he said, pointing to the carefully arranged tray. He set down a small bowl of strawberries on it and flopped on the couch. “I guess we can eat here now.”

You moved towards him, your brain trying to catch up with what was happening.

“You were going to bring me breakfast in bed?” You mumbled, wincing at your croaky voice. You stopped next to the table, contemplating where to go.

Without even looking up, Sehun held your wrist and pulled you to sit next to him. You wordlessly flopped on the couch as he took two plates and started piling food on them.

“I don’t know why, but I woke up quite early.” He said, handing you a glass of orange juice. “I decided to order some food. We’ll have a long day today, so eat well.”

You were looking curiously at the trolley and all the unnecessary amounts of food on it when you felt a poke in your cheek. You turned to the side only to be met with a smiling Sehun, pressing a strawberry to your lips.

You opened your mouth unconsciously, letting him feed you the fruit. He seemed terribly pleased with himself, gently wiping the corner of your lips even though there was nothing there. You felt your cheeks heat up at the action and you could only hope you weren’t looking like a strawberry yourself.

“Jieun’s parents will be arriving before lunch, she’ll probably need your help to make her look presentable soon.” Sehun said, before turning to his own plate and picking out a slice of apple.

You hummed, chewing your strawberry slowly, still dazed by everything that was happening before your eyes.

A sleepy Sehun had gotten out of bed early to order room service. He had planned to bring you breakfast in bed and was now feeding you fruit. You squinted a little, wondering if this was all a hallucination and if maybe the usual intimidating Sehun was just going to suddenly jump out from somewhere.

“Come on, eat.” He suddenly turned around again, wiggling a grape in front of your eyes.

You opened your mouth wordlessly, making Sehun roll his eyes playfully as fed you the fruit.

“You big baby,” he grumbled.

You smacked his shoulder lightly, both of you giggling. You took a sip of your juice and picked up your fork and knife, finally digging into the food properly.

You ate in a comfortable silence and you had barely finished your first egg and a piece of bacon, when someone started banging on the door, making both you and Sehun jump.

You looked at each other curiously. Sehun shrugged his shoulders and got up, walking to the door with you following close behind.

You didn’t have to wait long to find out who it might be when you heard a very familiar voice calling your name.

Sehun opened the door to reveal a very dishevelled looking Jieun, who seemed quite happy and content despite her looks. You were willing to bet it was the work of her fiance who was leaning on the wall next to her, looking equally placid.

“Good morning, lovebirds.” Jieun sang, inviting herself in and pushing past you. Minseok followed her closely, patting Sehun’s shoulder on the way.

“You two look chirpy,” you commented, closing the door behind you before making your way to the table.

“Well you could say we had,” Jieun paused as she sat on one of the couches, “a stimulating morning.” She smiled brightly as Minseok joined her, kissing her forehead with a loud smooch, both of them immediately leaning into each other.

You scrunched your nose, Sehun’s face mirroring yours.

“We didn’t really need to know that,” he grumbled, getting back to his spot next to you.

You sat back next to him, digging into your food again. You didn’t bother asking Jieun why they were here, you knew she would tell you herself and your time was better spent eating.

Sehun seemed to have the same idea as he quietly poured himself a cup of coffee. You were trying to cut a particularly tough piece of bacon when you heard a quiet hiss from your side. You looked up only to see that Sehun had spilled some coffee on his hand and thigh. You quickly dropped your knife and fork and took a napkin, wiping the hot liquid from his skin as he used his other hand to set the cup down on the table.

“Clumsy,” you whispered in reprimand as you moved to wipe the spot just above his knee.

“You’re one to talk.” Sehun mumbled back, pushing your forehead with his fingers lightly, making you both chuckle.

“You’ll have to wash that.” You said, making a face at the stained fabric.

“Thank you,” Sehun replied, placing his hand on your knee and rubbing it gently. Your skin prickled at the touch, the warmth of his hand making you shiver lightly.

You were about to focus on your food again, but then you were suddenly reminded that you’re not alone.

You looked up to see Minseok’s amused face, as he watched you with a raised eyebrow, and Jieun’s sly smirk, as she looked at you contently.

You were thinking of something to say when Jieun brought up the reason for their visit.

“Sehun, I’ll be stealing Eunmi for the rest of the day,” she started. “I’ll be leaving Minseok with you and you have to take good care of him until he is officially my husband, okay?”

Sehun nodded, humming, his focus still on the food in front of him.

“You,” she said pointing at you, “Pick out the clothes you’ll be wearing today and come with me. The hair and makeup artist will be here soon. And so will be my parents! ”

“Let her eat first, you don’t want her fainting half-way through the ceremony do you?” Sehun interrupted, nudging a rolled pancake on your plate.

“Sehun, I can’t eat this much, it’s too early.” You whined quietly, nudging his knee with yours.

He looked up at you, clearly unhappy, but nodded sighing.

‘I’ll go get my things,” you announced, quickly standing up and shuffling to the bedroom. You changed into some comfortable lounging clothes and picked out the two dresses you had prepared for the day, some skin care and the shoes you were going to wear.

When you were finally back to the living room, the bride and groom were nowhere to be seen.

“They went back to their room.” Sehun spoke up from the couch where he was sitting, still nibbling on some food. “Minseok is picking up his things and coming back here. They said you should go over as soon as you’re ready.”

You hummed, nodding. You walked towards the table slowly, lingering for whatever reason. You decided to pick up a grape from one of the bowls when Sehun stood up, taking a tentative step towards you.

“Do you have everything you need?” He asked quietly.

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Good.”

It suddenly turned a bit awkward and you started fidgeting with the clothes you were carrying.

“You look nervous,” Sehun commented, his hand finding its way to your neck. He gently caressed it, the callouses on his skin almost tickling you.

“I am a little bit,” you admitted, looking up into his eyes.

Sehun smiled softly, his eyes crinkling.

“You’

Please log in to read the full chapter