Ch. 3

Flutter
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

A short walk later you were seated on the second floor of a small restaurant that had only delicious looking fried chicken on the menu. You were in a small booth in the corner, happily enjoying the air conditioner, and doing your best to be nonchalant about the fact that you’re about to have lunch with Oh Sehun of all people.

You quickly ordered, excited for the tasty food. As soon as the waitress was gone you looked up only to meet Sehun’s amused eyes.

“What?” You snapped.

“I don’t think I have ever seen you this excited. Not even when Jieun announced her engagement or when she revealed her wedding date.” Sehun mused.

“You haven’t seen much of me, Sehun.” You huffed, looking away in embarrassment. Your love for unhealthy food was not something you were proud of.

“Not for lack of trying,” he quipped. “You did do your best to avoid me for a very long time.”

Your eyes widened in shock, you couldn’t believe he would talk about this so openly. You never even thought he would notice your efforts at the time. For a moment you were at a loss for words, you just stared dumbly at the wall. Before you could open your mouth to say anything though, Sehun was already changing the topic.

“So does Minseok know yet?” He asked, resting his chin on his palm, his eyes dark and focused on you.

“Know what?” You asked, awkwardly fiddling with the napkin in front of you. This is why you couldn’t handle him. He constantly made you feel nervous, embarrassed, like he could see right through you. It was unsettling that he always seemed to know exactly what was going on in your head.

“That we’re going to their wedding together?” He continued. “Although, knowing Jieun she has probably already told him and planned everything for us,” he said with a quiet chuckle escaping his lips.

You couldn’t help but chuckle as well.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave her the idea in the first place,” you replied. It was a fairly well known fact that Minseok was quite good at planting the seeds for many of Jieun’s grand plans.

Sehun smiled, humming in agreement. An awkward pause then followed, both of you just staring into thin air with nothing to say.

Just before the silence between you could get any more unbearable, the food arrived. You quickly forgot about Sehun’s eyes on you and started piling food on your plate.

You were halfway through your plate when you realised that Sehun wasn’t eating, at all. He was just sitting there, looking at you, a small smile playing on his lips.

“Is something wrong? Do you not like it? Should we order something else?” You asked quickly, your eyes scanning his untouched food.

“I think I like watching you eat,” he replied, his smile growing wider. “I don’t know where it all fits, but you are so happy over fried chicken, it’s cute.”

You were dumbstruck, was that a compliment? Or an insult? You could feel a slight burning blush along your neck as you looked down.

You felt Sehun bump your leg with his under the table as he spoke.

“It’s not a bad thing, I like it.” He mumbled, quickly picking up pieces of chicken with his chopsticks and shoving them in his mouth.

You watched in disbelief as he stuffed his cheeks, until he could

Please log in to read the full chapter