One

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let’s see, what do I need to get first,” mutters Rose as she pulls a shopping list out of her purse. The orange haired girl had just walked into the local supermarket to do the grocery shopping for herself and her friends. It was done once a week, and it was her turn this time.

 

Rose takes out a pen and started organizing the items into categories, so that she wouldn’t have to walk back and forth across the store multiple times.

“Apples, onions, potatoes, oranges, and cherries are all in the produce section,” she mumbles, scribbling on the piece of paper.

“For the junk food section, we have chocolates, gummy bears, chocolates, pepero sticks, sugar cookies, and… chocolates? How many times did someone add chocolates to this?!”

Rose counted one more after that, to make a total of four, and they were all in the same handwriting. She couldn’t help smiling a little. Jisoo did say that she was craving chocolate this past week. She’s always had a weakness for them. But why did she write ‘chocolates (on Rose)’ for one of them? What’s that supposed to mean? Oh, whatever. She can be a little weird sometimes.

 

Rose hums a song to herself as she continues to organize the list.

 

---

 

Lisa bursts into the bedroom that Jennie and Jisoo shares. She sees their leader at her desk, busily writing something. “Jennie unnie! What are you doing?”

Jennie kept her eyes on the sheet of paper that she was writing on. “What does it look like I’m doing?”

“Um, writing a poem?”

“You know I don’t write that garbage. This is my homework.”

“I think you’d make a good poet!” teased Lisa.

“I’m trying to concentrate right now!”

“Ooh, explain what you’re doing to the camera.”

Jennie looks up to see that the maknae was holding a camcorder, and was aiming it at her. “What the hell?”

“It’s for my filming class. I need a video of you girls being educational.”

“Not in the mood.”

“Come on, please? It was either this, or filming random college students!” Lisa begs.

“Go with the random students and make new friends. You spend way too much time with us.”

“That’s because you unnies are more fun than everyone else!”

Jennie doesn’t respond as she stares at a page in her textbook.

“So, what we have here is our leader, Jennie unnie. As you can see, she’s working really hard to excel in math so that, um, she could be a good math student. Isn’t that right, unnie?”

The leader ignores her.

“Unnie?”

Jennie frowns at the camcorder. “I am not doing this to be a good math student. I’m just trying to get a passing grade in this ing class, which is being poorly taught by a lame professor! I hope you’re watching this video, Professor Shin!”

“Uh, I think we’ll have to edit that out,” says Lisa awkwardly. “Anyways, what are you looking at in your book?”

“Some stupid examples of a problem that I’m trying to solve, but can’t, because some annoying little nerd is distracting me!”

“Keep it down over there! I’m trying to get some sleep!” Jisoo complains tiredly from her bed, her back facing the other two girls.

“Go interview her,” orders Jennie, pointing at Jisoo.

“Ok! What are you doing, Jisoo unnie?” Lisa eagerly walks over to the bed and aims her camcorder at Jisoo.

“I told you I’m trying to sleep,” Jisoo mumbles into her blanket.

“I’m making an educational video for my class, and I need your help with it.”

“Then record me sleeping, so the class can learn about how beautiful people sleep.”

Jennie laughs.

“Unnie, this is a serious assignment! I don’t want to fail it!” whines Lisa.

No answer.

“Unnie, pleeeeeease? Just five minutes,” Lisa continues whining.

“Fine, but I’ll give you only one minute,” says Jisoo sleepily.

“Then can you at least face the camera?”

“No, my hair’s messy, and I have no make-up on,” replies Jisoo.

“It doesn’t matter, because you’re such a natural beauty!” the maknae compliments.

“That’s true,” agrees Jisoo, turning so that she faced Lisa.

“You’re so easily flattered,” comments Jennie.

“She was speaking the truth,” responds Jisoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter