Fun and Games

Hormones' Hoax
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tzuyu!” Chaeyoung ran happily towards the tall person and enveloped her in a hug, “I missed you! How was Taiwan?”

 

“Brilliant but I feel bad leaving Gucci again.” Tzuyu’s love for her dog was undeniable.

 

Chou Tzuyu is a part of Chaeyoung’s crowd. With Dahyun, the three of them were classmates ever since middle school. She was back from Taiwan, her hometown, since it was her Grandma’s 70th birthday; she was obliged to grant the wish of staying there for a week.

 

“Don’t believe her words, Tzuyu. We didn’t even literally mention your name for the entire week.” Dahyun said with a blunt face, it was true, though.

 

“I missed you, too, Dubu.” Tzuyu spread out her arms in attempt to hug Dahyun.

 

“Don’t touch me, Yoda. You’re not my type.” But Tzuyu hugged her, nonetheless.

 

“So what did I miss?” The Taiwanese visual asked after they settled on their seats.

 

“Chaeyoung’s finally out of the closet.” Dahyun said while removing Tzuyu’s hand off her arm.

 

“Finally!” Tzuyu clasped her hands, “So I’m the only straight one from the three of us. Wow guys, you make me feel important.”

 

“Don’t listen to her! You know she’s the source of all the rumors here in school! Ten out of eleven of the things she says are highly doubtful.” Chaeyoung glared at Dahyun who was only snickering.

 

While the three were discussing Chaeyoung’s uality, the Japanese beauties came in the room and went directly to their seats, which were behind the bickering three. Chaeyoung pursed her lips when they passed and her eyes followed Mina’s movement. Tzuyu glanced at Dahyun who nodded reassuringly at her. She smiled slyly and formed an o shape with .

 

“She’s pretty,” Tzuyu said then ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair, “You’re finally growing up. Dahyun and I couldn’t be even prouder than this moment.”

 

“Touché.” Dahyun agreed earning her a glare from Chaeyoung, “This is unfair! Glare at Tzuyu for a change. Why are you so biased?”

 

“Hi there!” Sana interrupted. Dahyun was about to greet her back but she realized she wasn’t even looking at her. She followed her gaze and it landed on Tzuyu.

 

“Hello. I’m Tzuyu. It might seem unbelievable but I’m friends with these two.” Tzuyu greeted Sana with a sweet smile.

 

“Minatozaki Sana. Nice to meet you. How come I never saw you before?” Sana reached out her hand for a shake.

 

Tzuyu was about to answer when Dahyun beat her to it, “She was absent for a week. She came from Taiwan. And now she’s back. End of story. Now, why don’t we all go back to our designated seats and be proper students for a while.” She blurted out with a smidgen of harshness.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu looked at each other with eyebrows raised. What’s her problem?

 

 

“Who’s that tall glass of water?” Mina approached Chaeyoung. They were on their way to the science laboratory.

 

“Oh, Tzuyu? She’s one of my closest friends.” Mina nodded in response.

 

They walked in silence and in a slow pace like they were strolling in the park. Mina had her hands behind her and was occasionally glancing at Chaeyoung and giving out free smiles while the cub had her hands on the straps of her backpack, she would catch Mina smiling at her which also makes her smile back revealing her dimple. The leisure walk was actually comfortable, and with the mild brushing of their shoulders, it was a fine day for Mina.  For the most part, Chaeyoung was enjoying the serenity of their stride, too, not until she remembers the heat of Saturday’s jogging occurrence. It made her aware of the slightest touches and be all jumpy. She took a very small sidestep and anxiously readjusted the straps of her backpack. Mina didn’t seem to notice the sudden sensitiveness of the cub and maintained her generosity of smiles.

 

“She’s really pretty.” Mina spoke first.

 

“Yeah? She actually said the same thing about you.” Chaeyoung said with a shy smile. Mina hummed before surprising her with a bold question.

 

“Who’s prettier?”

 

The smaller of the two halted her steps and gaped at Mina, who had her eyebrows quirked and a smirk present on . It felt like Mina was testing her reasoning and it made Chaeyoung brainstorm on what was the proper way to answer it. Both of them were pretty but Mina’s kind of beauty had always left her hyperventilating more than anything, while Tzuyu’s beauty, she could breathe normally and, quite peacefully, even. The answer was obvious, it was the meaning in between the question that Chaeyoung thought was problematic. She scrunched her nose and knitted her eyebrows. If she spits the wrong answer, no one knows what Mina is capable of doing to her. She glanced at her and saw Mina with a playful smile on her face. She’s teasing me, isn’t she? Chaeyoung continued to stare at Mina and, unknowingly, a smile made its way to . No one compares to her beauty, the question is pointless.

 

“I’m only messing with you. You’re too cute while looking all confused and thinking hard.” Mina leaned in and pinched Chaeng’s nose.

 

They continued their walk. Their classmates were probably inside the laboratory already, considering they were the only students in the hallway and the bell just rang. None of the two was budged by the thought of being late. They kept glancing at each other.

 

“How about we ditch our class and go somewhere fun, instead?” Mina laid out her idea. Chaeyoung looked at her, baffled about the sudden light bulb lighting moment.

 

“What? You’re judging me, aren’t you?”

 

“No, it’s not that. It’s just that you look like someone who doesn’t skip class.” Chaeyoung defended.

 

“Oh.” Mina chuckled, “You look like a scaredy cub, afraid to break some rules.” Mina faced her, crossed her arms, and shot up an eyebrow.

 

“Are you challenging me?” Chaeyoung can’t help but scoff, “Don’t you remember who shamelessly kissed you in the club?” Mina tilted her head and faked a pout. She’s mocking me, this penguin is mocking me.

 

“You’re on, Myoui.” Chaeyoung set her game face and leaned in to Mina’s ear, “Beat you to it.” Chaeyoung blew air inside Mina’s ear, making her shriek a little. The culprit ran away while bellowing in laughter.

 

It really is a fine day for Myoui Mina.

 

 

Professor Chansung was fifteen minutes late but Mina and Chaeyoung was over the line. The attendance was already checked and Dahyun was suspicious worried about them. The professor was already briefing them of the proper procedures of their experiment but Dahyun just had to ease her mind. She shot up an arm in attempt to capture Professor Chansung’s attention.

 

“Yes, Miss Kim? Any questions about saponification?” Chansung removed his glasses to look at the flustered Dahyun.

 

“None on that. But I have some sentiment, something sinister is going on.” Dahyun said, earning her all eyes and ears in the classroom.

 

“If this is one of your pranks of wanting to express your thoughts about how we all came from apes except you, to deny our class for a full thirty minutes, Miss Kim, please do take your seat. I have heard quite enough of your theoretical explanations.” Chansung said tiredly.

 

“I am hurt, that was one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter