Qualms

Hormones' Hoax
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dahyun, are you really okay now? What even happened? Why didn’t you call me? I was so worried of you I wanted to freaking tear down Nayeon-unnie’s house if it weren’t for Chaeyoung holding me back!” Sana exclaimed the moment Dahyun step foot in the room, she spat everything in one breathing. Who said Sana can’t rap?

 

“Chill, woman. I’m okay now. I just had a… tremor, you know, a moderate to severe head ache that might’ve caused a mild confrontation in my usual way of living the life assigned to me as a task of making the people around me feel inappropriately pissed whenever I overly exaggerate a simply matter into a way where it is impossible to be called kosher anymore.” Dahyun forced a wink, and then threw a nervous glance to Tzuyu, who, in return, reacted with furrowed eyebrows and an insulting look after the fire Dahyun unnecessarily spat, and then looked away with a faint whistle.

 

Sana gaped at the amount of words that came out from Dahyun’s mouth in just mere seconds, she, nonetheless, looked very worried, still. Dahyun smiled to herself and cupped Sana’s cheek and kissed her forehead, “I’m okay, really.”

 

“I missed you, and your wise- mouth.” Sana said in reply, as she pinched Dahyun’s tofu-like cheeks.

 

“I know. I missed your , too.” Dahyun said matter-of-factly.

 

Sana blushed and smacked Dahyun’s shoulder hard, making Dahyun fall off her cool poise on Sana’s desk. She groaned in pain and whimpered like a puppy, “What was that for?! I can’t miss your while you can miss mine?”

 

The nonsensical talk continued throughout all the while as they waited for their teacher to arrive. It was nice, Dahyun thought, having someone worrying for you and saying they miss you. It was a different kind of warmth whenever Sana’s close by; it made all her fears melt- fears of being left alone again. In much touching sense, she’s not scared of the word commitment just as she thought she were, reasoning out that even if we were all under the same stars and the same sky, the world is vast; endless possibilities of getting lost despite the trail the stars provide can render the hopes and dreams useless, as vis-a-vis, she realized that only under Sana’s eyes could she get lost in in this planet full of false hopes and denied wishes.

 

A nudge on her rib took Dahyun’s attention, “You better take good care of her or else…” Tzuyu said with a tone undoubtingly serious.

 

Dahyun looked at her and her lips slowly curved to a gentle smile, “I will. I’ve waited all my life for this, for her.”

 

 

The Maknae trio, led by Dahyun, took a detour to an anonymous café that she said was top-tier when it comes to customer satisfaction and mood-lifting. The eldest of the three suggested the idea of having their ‘quality’ time together after their classes. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, with suspicion and doubt evidently painted on their faces, followed Dubu behind, nevertheless.

 

“Why the sudden invite?” Chaeng asked after Tzuyu was done with all the gagging, and cringing that was cheekily visible on her face as Dahyun said the words quality time together.

 

“Nothing much, it came to my mind how we never got to spend-“

 

“I swear to God if you say what I think you’ll say, I’ll cut your tongue off with whatever I pick up here on the streets.” Tzuyu hissed. Dahyun had a knack for saying unneeded cheesy lines despite knowing Tzuyu finds it awkward and weird, for most of the times she does it just to annoy Tzuyu.

 

“Okay, jeez, calm down, Scrooge.” Dahyun took a huge side step before she gets any violent reaction from the tall bitterness, “I felt like taking a good smoothie with my good friends.” She finally said.

 

“That sounds really creepy and… evil. Just say if you want something from us. Don’t take us to weird places and make us pay for the drinks.” Chaeyoung went inside lastly in the almost deserted

 café with dull wallpapers that’ll make you lose your will to live, if we should describe it in a figural speech. And if it weren’t for Dahyun’s pink bomber jacket, the whole picturesque would’ve only consisted of black and white colors.

 

“This is so unlike you.” Tzuyu muttered as they sat. She looked around and almost yawned after a glance of the whole place, “The whole premises shouts boredom.”

 

“Now, now, Chou, what is it that your parents say after a crude sudden judgment that one would deliberately state after only a glimpse of the niche?” Dahyun clasped her hands and threw a supposedly sophisticated look.

 

“I know, right?” Tzuyu said without a hint of emotion, almost akin to the ambience.

 

“Give this place a chance, will you? It’s tranquil, away from the mainstream of noisy teenagers talking about Korean dramas, and no manipulative shrews hogging the free wifi only to talk about Johnny Depp’s perfect jawline whilst illegally downloading a movie or two.” Dahyun nodded her head with eyes closed after she has delivered the cusp of her choice of café.

 

“Are you going to talk nonsense for the whole time we’re here?” An annoyed Tzuyu said.

 

”Excuse me? What I said was a legitimate opinion from the observ-“

 

“Why did you disappear for days? What happened? Did Nayeon-unnie do something bad to you?” Chaeng butted in before the two’s argument get out of hand and wreak havoc in the place.

 

Tzuyu pursed her lips and suddenly found interest on the table napkin as she started to fold an origami of a swan from it. Dahyun, on the other hand, played innocent and gasped in a very feminine way that you all would’ve thought only Mina could pull off, “I wasn’t kidnapped by her or something, Chaeng. I just had some mini mishaps that I had to deal internally. I wanted some time alone.”

 

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows and studied Dahyun’s face which was showing her perfect set of teeth.

 

“Come on, Chaeng. I’m okay. No worries. Even LeBron James has his off days, right? Even Steph Curry misses a three pointer.” Dahyun patted Chaeng’s shoulder and stood up only to be greeted by a familiar face.

 

“Dahyun, it is you.” A lady with a cute voice retorted.

 

Dahyun remembered this girl well. How can she not? She turned the dance floor into literal hell, if we label things based on the temperature, with all her burning hot moves that’ll make you think of playing with fire amongst any reasons you could come up with, “Momo?”

 

The girl called Momo nodded and chuckled, “Nice to see you again! Wow, I’m surprised you still remember me with the short amount of time we talked in Japan.”

 

Tzuyu faked a cough to gain Dahyun’s attention, “Oh, right,” Dahyun responded, but her eyes were still fixed on the new persona, “This is Momo, the girl I was talking with in the club in Japan before a cub forcefully dragged me out.”

 

Momo waved at the two gleefully and they responded with a lesser amount of enthusiasm, as the girl was a little bit suspicious since she was all smile-y for no apparent reason.

 

Chaeyoung took the responsibility of finally placing their orders. As the cub was busy conversing with the cashier for a better outlook of which of their drinks was negative for poison, but of course she did it in a way where she would not be deemed offensive, Dahyun took it as a chance to ask Momo of her unexpected appearance in a scene that she solely thought would’ve only been allotted by the author for the School Lunch Club.

 

“What brings you here, Momo?”

 

Momo smiled at her for a few seconds before finally answering her, “I was just passing by and I saw you. I thought ‘Where are my manners, shouldn’t I say hi to Sana’s girlfriend?’ then, bam, I did so.”

 

“Awwww, that’s nice of you!” Dahyun sighed with a huge smile,

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Wait, what?!” Her eyes widened as she exclaimed, “How the hell did you know Sana and I have a healthy relationship filled with faithfulness?! Are you some kind of a stalker of mine?”

 

“That’s ambitious of you.” Tzuyu grimaced.

 

“Shut up, Chou!” She hissed in reply, and then turned back to Momo,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter