Movie Date (Chabin )

Drabbles of VIXX

N has just returned from his lone trip to the beach and once he step inside the dorm, he sees Hongbin sitting in the living room, playing games in his laptop like he always does. 

"Oh, you're back. I thought you'll be taking quite some time. "Hongbin says without looking up once he notices N's return.

N frowns. "Have you been going out when I'm gone? "He asks suspiciously and Hongbin finally looks up at him in confusion before shaking his head. 

"No, I haven't. I'm here the whole time. "Hongbin says. "Why? "

N sighs. "Why didnt you? "He asks and Hongbin retaliates. 

"Well, why should I? "

"You should. It's not good to stay cooped up for too long. "N advises but Hongbin scoffs. 

"I don't really have anywhere to go. My family is out for vacation so I can't even go home to meet them. "He complains sulkily in which N shakes his head in frustration. 

"Did I or did I not asked you to come to the beach with me? "He asks sarcastically. 

"Beach is boring. There's nothing there except water and sand. "Hongbin says matter of factly and N fakes an offended gasp. 

"How dare you speak about my favourite place like that?! "He reprimands and Hongbin merely rolls his eyes, unaffected by his leader's anger. 

"As a punishment for your insult, you must come with me tonight. "N suddenly demands in his most serious voice and that succeeds in making Hongbin frown. 

"Where to?"

"The movie. I've got two tickets for a movie premier so you're coming with me. "N decides but Hongbin refuses to listen to him. 

"No, thanks. I've been to enough movie premier to last me the year. "He refuses, chuckling when N's face fall. "Maybe next year, hyung. "

N pouts semiconsciously at that. "But next year I'm not going to be around anymore. "He mumbles quietly to himself, not really intending for Hongbin to hear him but he heard it anyway.

Hongbin suddenly freezes, his movement coming to a halt as realisation hits him. "Oh. "He says, slowly turning to finally look at N. "I forgot about that . "

N smiles but the smile is a bitter one. "Of course you'll forget. It's not like it matters to you whether I'm around or not. You'll probably be happier when I finally enlist and leave you alone . "He mutters, the bitterness evident in each word. 

"No, it's nothing like that. "Hongbin quickly denies. "Its just that it feels like you'll always be around. I've never really thought about you being in absence. "He admits a little too honestly and N huffs. 

"Well I'm not going to be around forever. I'll enlist and after that I'll get a girlfriend and get married and have my own kids and--"

"Hyung!"

"What?" N says flatly. "I can't stay single forever. I can't just be your leader either. I want to be someone's husband, someone's father. And that means, I can't always be around for you like I do now. "

Hongbin goes eerily still for a moment but after that, he closes the lid of his laptop. "Let's go. "

"Where to? "

"That movie premier. "

And so they goes. And even as they did, it's pretty clear that Hongbin doesn't enjoy it. His smile doesn't reach his eyes and his actions are awkward. 

But you can't really blame him, can you? Not when all he could think about during the whole movie is N and how his life is going to be without him around.

"Hongbin, look here. I want to take a photo. "

Hongbin turn his head towards the phone N is holding.

"Come on, smile! "

And he smiles. But it turns out to be a sad one. 

And he watches as N uploads the picture for their fans, all the while complaining about how off his smile looked. 

"Why can't you look a little happier? This may as well be our last movie date for a long time, you know that right? "

And Hongbin's smile completely vanished.