Cook (Chasang)

Drabbles of VIXX

Hyuk woke up late that afternoon to a weird smell coming from the kitchen of their dorm. It smells like food, of course but he can't decipher what type of food it is. 

Curious, he makes his way to the kitchen while sleepily rubbing his eyes and once there, he sees a figure with messy bed hair and loose shirt and black shorts standing by the counter, in the middle of cutting something that he assumes was vegetables. Yes, was. It doesn't look like it now. 

"Hakyeon-hyung? "He calls out hesitantly even though there's no doubt that the figure is their leader, N and N turn his head to look at him with a wide smile. 

"Hyuk! Finally! "He says happily and Hyuk gulps, nervous. Nothing good ever comes from an overly excited N. "Go on and sit down. I was waiting for you to wake up. "He exclaims while starting to place some food and eating utensils on the table. 

Still a bit blank from having just woken up, Hyuk obediently sits down at the table, eyeing the food that N just served. There's rice, for sure, and kimchi and seaweed sheets and eggs that were made just the way Hyuk loves it; half cooked sunny side up. Those dishes seems normal enough and Hyuk knows even N can't mess those up but when he sets his eyes on the supposedly main menu, he slightly frowns. 

"Did you cooked that? "He asks warily, smelling the dish only to be convinced that it is the smell that woke him up in the first place. 

N nods, smiling proudly and chuckling when he sees Hyuk's horrified expression. "Don't worry, it's not that bad. I already ate some and I assure you it's totally edible. "He says and Hyuk scrunch his face, picking up some of the dish and putting it on his rice. 

"No offense, hyung. But Taekwoon-hyung prohibited you from the kitchen for a perfectly good reason. So you can't blame me if I'm cautious. "He mumbles, looking up apologetically at N, who just shrugs. They all remember that one time N is tempted to cook and it didn't end in a good term. Half of them actually suffered from diarrhea and that is something since they all have tough stomach. 

"Taste it first. If you don't like it then don't eat it. "N says, taking a seat in front of Hyuk and casually starts to eat. He's hungry enough from waiting Hyuk to wake up to eat with him so he's not going to let the maknae's doubt stop him. 

Taking a heavy breath, Hyuk gathers the courage to pick up one piece of the dish before placing it in his mouth and immediately, his eyes widen in surprise."Oh. "

N raises his eyebrows at the sudden exclamation. "How is it? "He demands half heartedly, expecting Hyuk to make fun of him but he doesn't. 

"It's... good. "Hyuk admits truthfully . "I mean, I still don't know what it is but its better than anything you've ever made for us. "

N smiles. "Glad you like it. "He says. "Eat up, then. Just finish it all. "He encourages and Hyuk nods before the both of them goes silent as they focus on eating. 

"Where's everyone? "Hyuk asks once he's finally finishes eating yet N is still lazily finishing his. 

"Jaehwan and Taekwoon are off to their musical. "N answers, finally putting down his spoon. "Wonshik and Hongbin ran off somewhere together when they saw me cooking. "He says, shaking his head fondly. "I guess you're my victim, Hyuk. "He teases. 

Hyuk scoffs. "For once, I'm grateful I didn't run away. At least I get to taste your once in a blue moon cooking that actually tastes good. "He half praises and N visibly brightens. "You really should cook this again for the hyungs next time. I bet you they'll be shocked. "He suggests. 

N stubbornly shakes his head. "I won't cook for them. They won't appreciate it. "He refuses. "But if you want to I'll cook just for you. "He promises and Hyuk isn't sure why his heart swells at that. 

"R-really? "He asks and N nods. 

"Because you're the loveliest dongsaeng that would risk your life eating my cooking. "He jokes as he stands up and ruffles Hyuk's hair. 

"Thank you. "

 

 

A/N I literally squealed when I saw Hyuk's IG update.. I mean, I know they all live together and all that but I never really thought that they still eat together like that considering how busy they are... I don't know, knowing that just makes me all warm inside... huhu..