Mute (Chasang)

Drabbles of VIXX

It is rare for the leader and maknae duo to be alone together but since Ken, Ravi and Hongbin are away doing something else and Leo is left all the way back in Korea thanks to him being unwell, here they are now, just the two of them in the small, cramped space of the waiting room.

"Hyuk-ah. "N calls out all of a sudden and Hyuk, who's in the middle of shoving his mouth with some chips, stops mid action as he looks at N. 

"Yes? "

"Do you remember the wish you made a few years ago? "N asks without looking at him as he's focused only on his phone's screen. 

"Wish? Birthday wish? "Hyuk wonders, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"No, not birthday wish. The wish that you made when we're filming that one segment when we were at the broadcasting station. "N elaborates. 

Hyuk is silent for a while as he tries to recall the wish or even the event N is talking about but nothing comes to his mind."I don't remember anything, hyung."he admits truthfully and he hears N sighs. 

"Okay. It's alright then. "N says dejectedly before going quiet once again, leaving Hyuk very curious as to why the leader would even bring up something that has happened a long time ago. 

"What was it about? "Hyuk demands. 

"Hmm?"

"What was my wish about? It must be something with a meaning for you if you still remember it until now. "Hyuk says and N shakes his head. 

"Since you don't remember then I won't talk about it. "He refuses. "It might be better this way, I guess. "He mutters but Hyuk is not satisfied with such response. 

"No, tell me, hyung. You can leave me hanging! "He insists and it takes N a few moments before he finally speaks up again. 

"Do you remember that you were asked a question that if God would grant you one wish, what would the wish be? "N asks, finally turning around to face Hyuk and by the look of realisation that suddenly appears on the maknae's face, he knows Hyuk remembers it. 

"Hyung, that was--"

"Do you remember what was your answer back then? What was your wish back then? "N questions quietly as he stares straight into Hyuk's eyes. 

Hyuk drops his gaze, gulping nervously. "Y-yeah. I remember now. "He admits. "I... I wished you to be mute, r-right? "

N smiles bitterly at that. "Yes, you did. "He confirms. 

"Why... why are you suddenly bringing this back up? "Hyuk dares himself to ask when it's obvious that N isn't going to actually elaborate anything. 

"Not long ago I went to this concert where disabled kids perform and play music instruments and I came to know that some of them are mute. And while it amazed me that they've learned to play those instruments even in their condition, I couldn't help but think if I'm ever able to do the same. "N says, this time with a genuine smile. "And when I thought about it, I just remembered that you once wished me to be mute and I wondered what would it be like if God really grant that wish of yours. "

Hyuk is left speechless by that so N decides to just continue his words. 

"You know, Hyuk, when you first said that, I was really scared. I was scared that God would really grant your wish and makes me mute. I was really scared to go to sleep back then because I was afraid that I will wake up with no voice. "He says and this time, Hyuk snaps his head up in surprise . 

"Does that mean... your insomnia back then was because of me? "He asks quietly and N nods, feeling that he should be honest now.

"Hyung, I'm really --"

"Hyuk-ah, even now, I still wonder why you made that wish? Did you hate me that much? Was I really that annoying? Tell me. "N requests.

Hyuk doesn't reply immediately as instead, he stares at N's face, trying to find anything that may help him understand the leader's feeling at the moment but there's nothing else on his face except curiosity. "Yeah, you were annoying back then. You always nagged at us, me especially. You always tried to point out each of our mistakes and at times, it really gets on our nerves. "He says honestly, waiting for N's reaction and to his surprise, N just nods in agreement . 

"I guess I really was that bad, huh? Well, I was desperate. "He says simply, shrugging his shoulder like its no big deal and Hyuk swallows heavily before he continues. 

"I used to really hate it when you nag and scolds me but after some time, I come to realise that you did all that for my own sake and that you were just doing your job as my leader. "He says and N smiles slightly. "So, I stopped holding grudges against you and just... accept everything you tell me. You were and are always right after all. "

N chuckles, his expression loosening up a little. "You made me sound like a mother. "He complains causing Hyuk to grin mischeviously. 

"In some way, you are my mother, hyung. "He teases. "I mean, you basically raised me and taught me things that I need to know. You shaped me and makes me who I am. Last time I came home, my sister even said that I've started to take upon your leader-like manners too. "He laughs and N does the same, face burning a shade of red in embarrassment. 

"I guess we just spent too much time together. "N says and Hyuk nods, totally agreeing to it. 

The both of them goes silent for a while until N decides to ask the question that has been bothering him. 

"What about now? "

"Now what? "Hyuk wonders, thrown off by the unexpected question. 

"Do you still wish me to be mute these days? Even just once? "N asks and Hyuk's expression darkens. 

"No. "He states firmly. "If anything, I wish that you would talk more. "

N's eyes widen at the statement. "Talk... more? "He echoes. 

"Yes. "Hyuk confirms before sighing. "I don't know if it's just me, hyung. But I feel like youre really quiet these days. "He confess. "I think even Taekwoon-hyung talks a lot more than you. "

N scoffs at that. "Well, before I met all of you, i was originally like this. "He says, making Hyuk frown.

"Like this? You mean quiet? "

N nods. "Yeah. I used to be really quiet, maybe not as quiet as Taekwoon but still, I don't talk that much. It's only after I met all of you that I starts talking a lot. "He admits. 

"And why's that? "Hyuk wonders. 

"Because we used to be really awkward with each other so I purposely made myself louder and noisier so that we can become more comfortable with each other. And seeing us now, I feel like I've accomplished what I intended to do so I think it's fine for me to be the original me again, right? "

Hyuk goes silent as he lets the information he just receives sink in. "Right. "He says after a moment and N smiles. 

"Either way, I'm very glad that you no longer wish me to be mute. "He says truthfully and Hyuk's face fall. 

"I'm really sorry for saying that, hyung. I really shouldn't have said it. "Hyuk apologise earnestly. 

"It's okay. I forgive you. "N assures. "Besides, you were really young back then and you were just being honest. "

Hyuk smiles bitterly. "Thank you. "

 

 

 

A/N Hi...I want to inform you that I will be on a semi hiatus for a while because of school and personal issues.. I will still update but not as much... 

Also, I know I still owe one of you your gift for my little game back then and I'm sorry but I hope you can wait some more and please don't give up on me... 

And I'm sorry but I will not be accepting any request until further notice... 

Don't worry though as I will be back before you know it :)

Till then, thank you for being with me all these time ♡♡