Follow (Chabin)

Drabbles of VIXX

"Whatever Hakyeon-hyung's decision is, I'll always follow him, even if think it's wrong. " -Hongbin -

 

Today is a sunny day and N, along with Hongbin, are sitting at a corner of a fancy cafe, enjoying their choice of coffee. They were originally just spending their day off at the dorm, N reading his books and Hongbin with his games but then the leader said he's going out so naturally, Hongbin follows, eventhough he had to leave in the middle of his gaming because no, his leader doesn't deserve to be alone. 

So, here they are, sitting opposite each other while sipping on their freshly brewed coffee in silence, which is until N speaks up. 

"Hongbin-ah... "

Hongbin raises his head and looks at N, raising his eyebrow. "Yes? "He asks. 

"Do you remember what you once told me? That you're going to follow me in whatever decision I made eventhough you think it's wrong? "

"Of course I remember. "Hongbin says simply because how can he forgot his own pledge? Especially when it's the pledge that he made to himself? 

"Do you still feel the same? "N demands."Right now, if I were to make a decision and it's a wrong one, will you still follow me? "He wonders and Hongbin stares at his leader's face. 

"Yes. "He says confidently. "Why are you doubting me? "He questions and N sighs, taking a small sip of his coffee before speaking up again. 

"What if I tell you that after this, I'm going to go and meet the angel of death? Will you still follow me? "

Hongbin blinks at the unexpected question, not quite understanding the meaning. "What do you mean? "

N drops his gaze. "I'm saying that if after this, once we're done here, instead of going home, I'll go and find my death's door instead... will you still follow me if I do that? "

Hongbin finally catches the meaning of N's words, but he doesn't answer N's question immediately and instead, he just focuses on his coffee, savoring the taste of the suddenly more bitter than usual drink. 

Realising that Hongbin isn't going to answer him, N asks no more as he quickly finishes his own coffee and when he's done with it, he stands up. 

"I'm going now. "He announces, which succeds in making Hongbin look up at him. "You can go home by yourself, right? "

"Where to? "Hongbin blurts out.

"Mmhmm? "

"Where are you going to? Are you really going to go and meet that angel of death? Are you really going to go and find your death's door? "Hongbin asks and N shrugs, smiling bitterly. 

"Who knows? "N says and that is enough to make Hongbin stand up as well, leaving his unfinished coffee behind as he approaches N. 

"Lets go, then. "he says calmly and N seems to be surprised. 

"You're really going to come with me? Even when you know where I'm heading to? "He asks in disbelief and Hongbin merely nod. 

"I promised you, right? I promised you that I'm always going to follow your decision, even if its wrong and I know this is wrong but well, its you so I'm following anyway. "Hongbin says simply. 

"You're not going to regret this? You know there's no turning back, right? "

Hongbin chuckles at that question. "What is there to regret if I'm with you, hyung? "He says, smiling until his dimples show and N couldn't help but to smile as well. 

"Lets go then. "