Masked Singer (Neo/Haken )

Drabbles of VIXX

That one day, N returns quite early from his schedules and the moment he stepped into the dorm, he's greeted by both their group's main vocalists, Leo and Ken. 

"I'm home. "He announces quietly even though he's sure that they already noticed his arrival. 

"Welcome home, hyung. "Ken acknowledges him as he tugs onto N's arm and drags him towards the living room before pushing him to sit down on the couch. 

"What's wrong? "N asks, bewildered due to Ken's action and even more confused when Leo and Ken each took a seat at either side of him. "Did something happened? "

"How's your day, hyung? "Ken asks with what N could detect as fake cheerfulness in his voice while Leo just remain silent but it's obvious that he's worrying about something by the expression on his face. 

N frowns. "Did you do anything wrong? "He asks since usually they will always try to act nice to him when they are at fault about something. 

Ken quickly shakes his head and pouts, offended at the accusation. "It's not that."he denies. 

"Then what is it? "N urges. "Taekwoon? Care to tell me? "He asks, turning his attention towards his same age friend. 

Leo lets out a sigh. "Are you happy? "He questions, which makes N even more confused. 

"Happy? "N echoes. "Why you ask that so suddenly? "

Ken huffs, unsatisfied.  "That's not how we discussed it! "He exclaims, giving Leo a pointed look. 

Leo sigh once more before taking a deep breath. "We saw you on tv just now." He tells N. 

"O... Kay? "N says, wondering what is it that Leo watched about him on tv that makes him so troubled. 

"It's the Masked Singer show, hyung. "Ken pipes in immediately. 

"Ah... "N nods with a small smile. "How was it? "He wonders. "Did I do well? "He asks, hoping to get some approval from his group's two main vocalists. 

"You did great, Hakyeon. "Leo assures. "Like always, you never dissapoint us. "He compliments and N couldn't help but to chuckle happily. 

"Thank you. "

"You did well, hyung. But there's something we want to ask you about. "Ken says while sharing a nervous look with Leo. 

"What is it? "

Ken looks down at his own feet as he fiddles with his fingers hesitantly. "Do you... regret debuting with us? "

"What? "N's eyes grow wide at the unexpected question. 

Afraid that N would get any wrong idea, Leo quickly interrupts. "In the show, you told them that you were supposed to debut in a ballad group but you debuted with VIXX instead. And you said that it's such a pity that you didn't get much opportunity to sing since in VIXX, you're in charge of the dance instead of the vocal. "He explains. "So have you ever wished that you debuted in a ballad group instead? So that you can get the chance to actually sing? "

N blinks at Leo's explanation and question but then he laughs. "I can't believe you're troubled because of that! "He exclaims. 

The leader laughing makes both Leo and Ken grow confused. "Did I say anything funny? "Leo murmurs quietly towards his dongsaeng, who just shrugged in return. 

After a while, N's laughter quiets down but a smile still grace his face. "Taekwoon, Jaehwan, listen properly. "he demands, making both s to pay attention to him. "I have never even once regretted debuting in VIXX, with all 5 of you. "he says firmly. 

"But you said--"

"Yes, I did say that it's such a pity that I couldn't get much opportunity to sing, "N nods. "but it's okay because I get to dance instead. I love dancing too. "

"You said that just to assure us, right? "Leo asks suspiciously but N quickly shakes his head. 

"No, not at all. "He denies. "Just imagine if I debuted in a ballad group, then I'll never get to dance. Wouldn't the years I spent learning how to dance be a waste? "

"But hyung--"Ken wanted to argue more but N places his hand over Ken's thigh in a comforting manner, which cuts his words off. 

"It's okay, really. "He assures. "I like what I'm doing now and I'm more than happy. I never even regret being here. "He says. 

Ken finally nods, seemingly relieved. "Hyung, next time we make a comeback, I'll give you some of my lines so that you can sing more, I promise . "He offers. 

"You can have some of mine too. "Leo offers as well. 

N smiles widely. "That's so nice of you. "He  compliments. "But no thanks, keep all those lines to yourselves. "

"Hyung--"

"Because I love both of your voice. I love it so much. "

 

 

P.s. Requested by rain3396. 

Sorry if this is not what you want but I hope you like it.