Storm (Rahyuk/Hyukvi)

Drabbles of VIXX

Hyuk isn't scared of the storm, of course not. Why should he when he's already a full grown adult over 180cm? He isn't scared of the thunder that accompanies the storm either nor is he scared of the weird spooky sound the wind made when it hit the window.

But what scares him during the storm is the unexplainable emotion that would suddenly crush over him with no apparent reason. 

He hates feeling emotionally helpless and that's exactly what he feels when there's a storm. He could never understand it but storms makes him emotional, it makes him think about things that he would never think about under any other circumstances . Things like what will it be if he's never a member of VIXX? What will it be like 10, 20 years from now? How does his hyungs really view him? How much of an importance does he have in VIXX? Well, there's endless list of things that would crash his thoughts during storms and those things are the things that he would never voluntarily think about. 

So that night, when he was woken up from his dreamless sleep by a loud, clapping thunder that shook his whole bed, he knows he won't be able to go back to sleep and he knows that night will be a hellish night for him. 

Pulling his blanket tighter around him, he picks up his phone and scrolls through whatever pages that the screen is showing, trying to distract himself from the feelings that is now starting to settle in deep inside him. His attempt turns to be futile in the end anyway when without him meaning to, a single tear slid down his cheek. 

He groans, throwing his phone away, feeling frustrated at himself. How can a picture of the 6 of them make him cry? How can just looking at a picture of the 6 of them makes him think of the worst possibilities? Like what will happen if their leader suddenly decides to leave them? Or what will happen if Ken and Leo starts neglecting the group in favour of their musical? Or what will happen if being a famous actor makes Hongbin arrogant and forget the fact that he is Hyuk's best friend? Or what will happen if Ravi suddenly decides to focus on his solo career and leave VIXX? 

He sobs but quickly wipe his tears away. There's no use feeling upset and sad about things that are not yet bound to happen, he knows. But he just can't help that feeling of helplessness. 

No matter how much he tries to stop it, tears keep on escaping his eyes and in the end, he gives up trying to fight it and just let it flow down his cheek freely, also letting himself be drowned by feelings that he doesn't want to feel. 

 

 

That night, the night Ravi finally decides to leave his studio for a while to come back home, is coincidently the night the storm decides to pour. He thinks twice about leaving then, staring at the endless rain through the window of his studio but there's just something tugging at his heart, urging him to just follow his initial plan, so he does just that. 

He arrives home safely, thankfully and isn't that suprised when he's greeted only by the darkness. It's late and everyone should already be asleep, he knows that. So he quietly makes his way into his and Hyuk's shared room and this time, he's very suprised to hear loud sobs coming from the figure underneath the blanket. 

"Hyuk? "He calls out in a hoarse voice and the sobs comes to a halt. "Are you crying? What's wrong? "He asks, approaching the maknae's bed and pulling down the blanket covering his face. Hyuk's face is pale and there's tear streaks marring both his cheeks. 

"Are you okay?"Ravi asks in concern but Hyuk turns his head away, ashamed to be seen in such state even by his most trusted hyung. "Are you sick? Tell me. "Ravi urges and Hyuk shakes his head. 

"I-It's nothing. "He whispers, pushing away Ravi's hand that has landed over his forehead. 

"If it's nothing then why are you crying? Did something happened? Are you hurt? "Ravi demands in a higher tone yet Hyuk just continue to shake his head. "Come on, tell me, Hyuk-ah. How am I supposed to help if--"

"It's really nothing, hyung. Please let it go. "Hyuk pleads. 

Ravi sighs, then a mischievous glint sparks in his eyes. "Don't tell me that you cry because you miss this favourite hyung of yours so much? "He teases and was expecting Hyuk to immediately deny but the maknae just stays quiet, which concerns him even more. "You miss me? "He insists and is answered by Hyuk's soft sob,causing him to be alarmed. 

"Fine, fine! I won't ask! "He surrenders, patting Hyuk's back urgently, not wanting him to cry harder. "If you don't want to tell me what's wrong then should I call Hakyeon-hyung? "He offers but Hyuk quickly grabs his hand, stopping him from going anywhere. 

"No! "Hyuk refuses. "Just... just stay here. "He mumbles. "You never... sleep in this room anymore. It's getting... lonely. "He mutters unconsciously and Ravi fights back a chuckle. 

"So you really do miss me? "He asks and Hyuk lets out a groan. 

"Shut up and lie down, hyung. "The maknae spat in annoyance and Ravi obeys, a fond smile gracing his face as he lies down on the bed, pressing himself close to Hyuk since there's not much space to begin with. The bed isn't that big and Hyuk's giant size isn't really helping either. But just for tonight, he will cope with the discomfort for their maknae's sake . 

They both laid in silence for a few moments, savoring each other presence and warmth, in which Ravi realise that if it's any other day, he would actually feel awkward for sticking so close to another male but today he feels no such thing. 

"You're not hurt, right? "Ravi questions once again, just to make sure. He knows Hyuk's habit of hiding his pain. 

"I'm not, don't worry. "Hyuk assures. 

"Then why are you crying like that? You gave me a fright, do you know that? "Ravi demands and he hears Hyuk sighs. 

"It's cold, hyung. It's storming out there and I was alone inside this room. So I'm cold. "He says but Ravi isn't really buying it. 

"You're crying because you're cold? Are you sure? "He persuades and only half minute later does Hyuk answers him. 

"Not really. "

"Then why? "

"My thoughts. "Hyuk confess finally, but Ravi doesn't get it. 

"Your thoughts? What about them? "He wonders. 

"I was thinking about us. "Hyuk tells him, his voice soft and hesitant. 

Ravi furrows his brow. "Us as in you and me or... "

"Us as in the 6 of us. "Hyuk corrects him, slightly rolling his eyes. 

Ravi nods. "So what were you thinking about us that got you crying like someone kicked your puppy? "He urges and hears Hyuk in a deep breath. 

"I'm thinking about our future. "He says finally. "We're together now, working and having fun but what if one day, we got tired of each other and wants to go separate ways? "he asks and that manages to get Ravi thinking. 

"I guess that's possible. "He says after a long pause. 

"But I don't want it to happen! "Hyuk retaliates. "I want us to stay together till the end. Until all of us get old,and have children and even grandchildren. I don't want us to break apart. "He says with a broken tone and now Ravi understands why the maknae was crying earlier. Thinking about that makes him sad too. 

"It's still too early to think like that, Hyuk. "He tries to coax even when he have his own doubts. 

"But still--"

"Go back to sleep. You'll forget about this tomorrow."Ravi insists, pulling the blanket to cover the two of them. It's actually he himself that wants to forget about it and he regrets asking Hyuk about it. 

"But--"

"Goodnight, Hyuk. "Ravi cuts him off, closing his eyes shut and Hyuk who sees it, sighs heavily. 

"It's you I'm worried most, hyung. "He whispers, knowing that Ravi can still hear him. "Even now, you already have a stable career waiting for you even if you quits VIXX. And I... I'm pretty much waiting for the day you would tell us that you want to pursue you own solo career and--"

"Hyuk! "Ravi sounds angry and Hyuk snaps his mouth shut. "Have faith in me, will you? We started together and I'll make sure we'll end this together too. I won't abandon VIXX for my own sake. "He says sternly and Hyuk heaves a relieved sigh. 

"Really? "Hyuk asks. 

"Yes, really. I swear. "Ravi promises and only then does Hyuk closes his eyes as well. 

"Thank you. "He says and Ravi hums in response. "Also about this... you're not going to tell anyone, right? "

"About what? "Ravi asks. 

"This. We, sleeping like this. Hongbin-hyung will never stops teasing us if he knows about this. "Hyuk says matter of factly, knowing Hongbin all too well. 

"I don't know what you're talking about. We're just sleeping in our own room, nothing's wrong with that. "Ravi says nonchalantly and Hyuk cracks a grin, knowing that what happened tonight will be their secret. 

"Hyung? "

"Hmm? "

"I hate storms. "Hyuk confess. 

Ravi sighs and wraps his arms around the maknae's waist. "There. "

"Thanks. It's not so bad now. "

"Good. Now sleep. "

And that's exactly what Hyuk does. He sleeps, and his night couldn't have been better. 

 

 

 

A/N This is so long... sorry if it bores you.