Final

Peter Pan {Song Fic}

 

 

 

 Bold words are the lyrics (Peter pan by Exo) 
Italicized words are memories 
Normal words are the present

 

I brush off the dust on the old diary
The inside that suddenly brightly, opened up
You are still there 
Like before, 
you remained

Luhan sighed and taped up the cardboard box. It's been more than 1 year since his world stopped turning. Luhan was a closed off person. He only opened up to one person, and that person had ended up leaving. Luhan shook his head, trying to get rid of the memories popping up back into his mind.  They were like weeds, showing up everywhere and not going away no matter how hard he tried to forget them. But those memories were the mere thing that kept him going.

Luhan picked up the box and carried to the mountain of brown boxes that was taking up his kitchen. Luhan decided that after 1 year, 5 months and 8 days, it was time to move on.  So he got a job and house in Korea in an attempt to start over.

Luhan trudged back up the stairs and visited the last room in the house with stuff still inside....the attic. He coughed as he forced the door open and inhaled a cloud of dust. It's been months since he went up in the attic and years since he had even dusted it. Luhan looked around and froze when he stopped. He had spotted something which he wished he would never find. Luhan went against his mind screaming at him to leave the thing there and ignore it. But his heart was urging him to pick it up, to have one last look at it.

Luhan followed his heart. He picked up the old diary and brushed off the dust. He opened it to the first page and immediately was engulfed in his own memories.
 

It was the first day of freshman year and the second week of Luhan being in Korea. He had lived in China with his grandparents but they sent him to Korea to his actual parents. It was a long story about the bond they shared and it is a story for another day.

Luhan rushed to the office when he heard a bell ring through the building. Of course. He was going to be late on his first day. He was too busy looking at the school map to see the other boy, a smaller boy, round the corner. They met with a crash and Luhan gasped as he saw the boy fall along with all his books. A particular book fell on Luhan's foot. He bent down and picked it up. It wasn't a book at all! It was a diary. The boy quickly stood up and grabbed the diary back.

"I'm sorry." He said as he bowed deeply and scurried off. The strangest thing happened next....Luhan found himself walking behind the boy. He reached out and grabbed his wrist. The boy turned with a confused expression on his face.

"What's your name?" Luhan asked with broken Korean. 
The boy smiled, showing off his brilliant teeth.
"I'm Kim Minseok."

 

I remember the pictures that I forgot all this time,
Small tremblings gush out of my body
It's a bit sad that I can't
go back to those times

Luhan traced his fingers over his lover's face. He smiled to himself at how goofy the two had looked. Luhan could remember the day they took that selfie like it was yesterday. It was a month or so after they bumped in the halls and they decided to get their hair done together.

"What about you Minnie?" Luhan asked while flipping through the hairstyle books. Minseok leaned on one hand and drummed his fingers against his cheek as he contemplated on what he should do with his hair.

"Orange!"
"Orange?"
"Orange." Minseok declared confidently. 
"What if it doesn't look good?" Luhan asked, a smile growing on his face. 
"Oh please, I look good in everything."
"Yeah okay." 
Minseok pouted and turned his back against the latter who was trying his hardest not to laugh.

It took three minutes for Luhan to become uncomfortable from the older boy not talking to him. He whined a protest as he nudged Minseok's shoulder. "Minnie please don't be angry. I think you'll look great with orange hair."

"I knew it! I knew you would crack." Minseok turned around with a victorious smile on his face. 
"You tricked me!" Luhan exclaimed.
Now it was his turn to pout. Minseok laughed at the younger's expression and pinched his cheeks. "My Lulu is so cute."
Luhan blushed at the words 'my' and 'cute'.
"Shut up Hyung." He said slightly pushing Minseok.

They continued bickering until a hairstylist called Luhan. 
"What color would you like it?"
Luhan was about to say that he was just getting a trim but he decided to take a risk.
After meeting Minseok, he seemed to be making a lot of those.
"Brown....light brown."

It took a couple hours and painful bleaching until their hairs were ready.  Minseok laughed as he studied himself in the mirror. Luhan watched with amusement as the older boy threaded his fingers through the newly colored (honey brown) hair.
"You like it Hyung?"

"I....I love it!" Minseok exclaimed as he shook his head like a puppy shaking its fur.

Luhan smiled as he tugged Minseok next to him. He pulled out his phone and held it above their heads.

"Smile!"

 

I'll go looking for you to Neverland
by following Tinkerbell,
Who was sent by the memories

 

Luhan sighed as he slowly shut the diary. He couldn't read more without turning into a blubbering mess. He flipped it around and saw a small note on the back. He brought the diary close to his face, considering the writing was faded and small making it almost impossible to read.

"If found, send to Neverland."

It was four months since they met and they have been growing impossibly close each day. Minseok was laying on Luhan's carpeted floor as he stared up at the fan above him. Luhan let out a loud sigh as he fanned himself. "It's soooo hot. Hyung do something."

"What do you want me to do? Freeze the house?"

"Yes please."

Minseok scoffed and tugged at Luhan's foot making him roll off the couch. Luhan grunted as he landed on the hard floor. He rolled next to Minseok and let the older boy rest his head on his chest. Luhan moved one hand underneath his head and the other one around Minseok. They laid there in silence before Minseok spoke up. 
"Did you ever wish to go to Neverland?"

Luhan turned to the latter and stared at him as he let out a sigh.

"Ever since my mom read me the Peter Pan story, I've always wanted to visit Neverland."

Luhan let out a small laugh, "Well how about this. Peter Pan was the one to take Wendy to Neverland right? So in theory, if I was your Peter Pan, wherever I take you would be Neverland."

Minseok turned to him so their face were only inches apart.  "Would you do that for me? Would you be my Peter Pan."

Luhan smiled softly and pecked Minseok's nose, causing the older boy to scrunch up his face.

"Yes."

At that place, you and I are smiling at each other
I'm am your 
eternal Peter Pan

Luhan gently placed the diary in a cardboard box and continued to clean up the attic. It wasn't long before he stumbled across another piece of memory. Luhan knelt down slowly and reached his hand out to touch it, to make sure it was really there. It was an old box, used for holding necklaces and bracelets. Luhan brushed off the dust and opened it. It squeaked as it opened and Luhan gasped when he saw the same necklace that tied together him and his lifeline.

"Where are we going?"

"Just follow me!"

It was almost eight months since they have met and school had closed for the year. Which meant Luhan could now spend more time with Minseok. He could feel the necklace in his pocket as he jogged through the park. He had been growing these certain feelings for Minseok since they have met, and he wanted to let the older know. It took him about eight months to gather his courage. 
Luhan stopped running under a groups of trees. He leaned against one as he waited for Minseok to catch up. 
"Jesus Christ how are you so fast?" Minseok panted as he put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. 
Luhan shrugged and gently took Minseok's hand. 
"We're here."

Luhan guided Minseok to a patch of trees that were in a circle around a clearing. The trees were cherry trees and there was a small pond right in the middle. 
Minseok gasped as he took in the beautiful scenery. 
"How did you ever find this place?" He asked, a smile growing on his face. 
Luhan shrugged, "I was out for a run and I just stumbled upon it."

Minseok took off his shoes and socks and ran to the pond. Luhan watched with amusement as he dipped his toes in the water and squealed. 
"It's cold!!" Minseok yelled as he tried to put his feet in again.

Luhan looked at the boy and looked down at the pair of shoes thrown haphazardly under a tree. He smiled to himself as he pulled off his own shoes and socks and joined Minseok. 

They say there in silence, enjoying nature's sounds. Luhan took a deep breath before opening his mouth, "Minnie, I have something for you."

He pulled the necklace out of his pocket and presented it to Minseok.

Minseok gasped as he traced Tinkerbell's wings with a light touch. 
"Luhan....I love it." 
Luhan smiled, "Good."
Minseok turned his head and motioned for Luhan to put the necklace on for him. 
Luhan wrapped the small chain around his neck and fastened it. He trailed his fingers along Minseok's neck and to his shoulders. He squeezed gently and allowed Minseok to turn slightly. Enough so he could rest his head on Luhan's shoulder.

"Minnie, I want to be your eternal Peter Pan."

"Wait you mean..."

"Yes."

Minseok nodded and hugged Luhan with such force that they both fell backwards on the grass. 
Luhan laughed as Minseok peppered his face in kisses. He stopped five minutes later and just laid there next to Luhan. He moved closer until their bodies were touching. He traced his fingers down Luhan's arm and intertwined his fingers with Luhan's.

Minseok turned to see Luhan smiling at him, and he didn't hesitate to smile back.

Your man who has stopped in time
I may be clumsy 
but I loved you so much
And I will run to you

Luhan smiled and put the necklace back in the box.  He sighed heavily before placing the box next to him and continued rummaging through the mess in the attic. He let out a loud laugh as he came across a wooden slate with the words

"Pick up lines are not allowed in this household." painted on it. Luhan laughed harder as he remembered what caused his beautiful lover to make this sign. 

Luhan was stretched out on the couch waiting for Minseok to come back from the store. 
He closed his eyes for a few minutes before he heard the jingling of keys. Luhan opened his eyes excitingly and raced to open the door. Minseok jumped as the door flung open and a blurred figure attached himself to his body.

"Oh my god Lu baby, are you okay?" 
Luhan nodded and hugged Minseok tighter, "I just missed you." He mumbled into Minseok's shoulder.

Minseok just laughed and peeled Luhan from his tight grip. "Give me a few seconds babe, I'll just put these in the kitchen and then we can cuddle okay?"
Luhan nodded cutely and clung onto Minseok as the older boy walked to the kitchen. Normally, Luhan was a confident young man. He didn't need to lean on anybody and to be honest, people leaned on him. Especially Minseok. 
You could tell by a glance that Luhan obviously topped, but don't tell Minseok.

But at times, Luhan felt completely vulnerable and it usually happened when he was away from his Minseok. He jumped back on the couch and waited as he heard Minseok clattering around in the kitchen.  "Huuurryy." He whined as he kicked his feet in the air.

Minseok laughed at his childish behavior and shrugged off his coat. He pulled off his shoes and joined Luhan on the couch. They rolled over causing Luhan to be resting on top of Minseok. Minseok smiled warmly as Luhan stared at him, only two inches separating their faces. Luhan couldn't hold himself back and he slightly leaned down and pecked the older's lips. They laid there for a while before Luhan opened his mouth.

"Did you know that my favorite letters of the alphabet are U R A Q and T?"
 

Minseok scrunched his face, "That was bad Luhan."

"If you were an angle, you would be an acute one."

"LUHAN!"

Yup, the old confident Luhan was back.

"You know, your lips look lonely, would they like to meet mine?"
Minseok rolled his eyes, "Is that how you're going to ask for kisses now?"

Luhan nodded. Minseok grabbed the latter's nape and pulled him into a kiss, startling Luhan.

Luhan relaxed seconds later and let Minseok kiss him.  "Oh you scared me." He said pulling away.

"I'm sorry baby." Minseok cooed softly as he met Luhan's lips for another gentle kiss.

"Hey Minnie."

"Yea?"

"If you're ever feeling down. I could feel you up."

"LU ING HAN."
 

I clearly remember 
beating away
All the villains who bothered you
From that moment,
I had your heart and even shared a kiss

Luhan sighed as he filled up the cardboard box. He taped it up and carried it down the stairs. Luhan let out a loud sigh as he wiped sweat from his forehead.  It was growing late and he still had more than half the attic to go.
 

The relationship between Luhan and Minseok was something that comes once every lifetime. The two understood each other so well, it was like they were meant to be since birth.  But there was once, which caused Luhan to think that everything he worked for, everything he spent for was about to be flushed down the drain. It was when Minseok was being targeting by one of Luhan's ex.

Luhan had a long line of ex's, but none were like this one. He believed so strongly that Luhan and him were meant to be that he had no problem hurting Minseok.

"Minseok I'm home!" Luhan called into the apartment.

He dropped his stuff in the kitchen and waited for a reply. There were none.

"Minseok?"

Silence.

"Minseok?! Baby?! Where are you?"

Luhan was now officially loosing his . Minseok almost never went out without telling him.

He opened the door to their bedroom and gasped. It was completely trashed. Luhan bit back a cry as he saw little blood spots on the carpet. There was a pink note on his desk and he grabbed it angrily. "Luhan babe, I'm upset! You got a new boyfriend without telling me! Oh that's a shame, he's kinda cute. Come find us ;)"

Luhan's upper lip curled in disgust and he crumpled the paper in his fist before chucking it aside. Without wasting anytime, he ran to the dorm next door and knocked on it. Minseok and Luhan decided to go to the same college in China, considering they both wanted to go into the same career field. Their first friends were an arguing pair of Chinese boys named Yifan and Zitao. But Luhan was grateful for them, they helped in many ways that Luhan could never thank them enough.

The door swung open and a tired looking Yifan stood in front of him. He yawned and stretched his arms, exposing his midriff.

"You woke me up." The giant grumbled. Luhan rolled his eyes.

"I think Zhan took Minseok!" He blurted out.

Yifan immediately snapped into attention and his eyes widened, "What?!"

Luhan nodded and explained the trashed room, the droplets of blood and the note. Yifan raced back into the dorm, leaving the door wide open for Luhan to come in. Yifan slammed the door shut of his bedroom and pulled off his shirt. Zitao, his roommate and beloved boyfriend sat up cutely and yawned.

"Gege? What's going on?" He asked, yawning once more while rubbing one of his eye with his fist.

Yifan smiled endearingly at the younger boy in front of him.

"Zhan took Minseok and Luhan is freaking out."

With those words, Tao immediately snapped awake, "Zhan?! Luhan's crazy ex? How did he find him in China?"

Yifan shrugged and pulled on his jeans.  "I don't know Peach, but if it really was Zhan, the I have to hurry. Minseok might actually be in danger."

Tao stood up and stripped from his night wear and started getting dressed. Yifan stared at the younger boy as he pulled on one of Yifan's sweatshirt.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

Tao pulled on a pair of skinny black jeans and shoved his feet in his combat boots.

"I'm coming."

"But he might hu-"

Tao placed a finger on Yifan's lips, "I'm coming, and that's final."

Yifan sighed but nodded. Once Tao set his mind on something, there was no going back. Yifan glanced at the boy one last time, taking in his thin, long legs cloaked in tight black material and a large sweatshirt (which came down to his mid-thigh) that didn't belong to him. Yifan pulled the boy in close and pressed his lips against the latter's.

"God I love you." He whispered.

"Can you two hurry up!"

The two pulled apart when they heads Luhan yell from the living room.

Together, the three headed out.

"I think they're at his apartment." Luhan said while running.

"How do you know?" Yifan asked, running out of breath.

"I just do okay?" Luhan snapped back.

Yifan and Zitao kept their mouth shut, seeing how Luhan was becoming extremely cranky and on edge. The reached an old crappy building not far from their university campus and Luhan shot off like a rocket up the stairs. Yifan and Zitao painfully followed and stopped in front of a door.

"This is it." Luhan said, staring the door down venomously.

Yifan pulled the shorter boy from the door and motioned to his boyfriend, "Go at it Peach." Zitao nodded and backed up. He took a small running start and kicked powerfully at the door. It fell down with a loud thud and Luhan was the first to run into the apartment.

Yifan and Zitao followed quickly and froze when they saw Minseok tied up on the couch. There was a cut on his cheek and blood was slowly dribbling down his face. There were dried tears on his face and his eyes were bloodshot. "Minnie?" Luhan cried out. Minseok's eyes shot towards us and softened in relief.

"Yifan get him out of here." Yifan nodded at Luhan's curt orders and picked up Minseok before carrying him out the door.

"Tao, I'll go first and you come later if you see I need help okay?"

Tao nodded and was about to say something when something crashed in the adjacent room. Luhan put one finger up to motion for silence and crept towards the door. He slowly opened it and tripped backwards when a tall, lanky boy came running out.

"LU BABY!" He cried out as he enveloped Luhan in a hug.

Luhan pushed the man away.

"Shut up Zhan, you're lucky I didn't call the police on your ."

Zhan completely ignored Luhan's words, "Oh you broke up with me and ended up with that pathetic creature."

Luhan's fist clenched and a vein popped out in his neck.  Tao wanted to intervene but he knew it wasn't his place. "He wouldn't stop crying on the way here." Zhan continued taunting Luhan. "Oh he's such a bi-"
 

Zhan was cut off by a powerful punch from Luhan. It sent the boy flying against a wall and Luhan pressed his foot on Zhan's chest. "I swear to god Zhan, if you come near me or Minseok ever again...."

Luhan left the threat hanging before spinning around and storming out of the apartment.

Tao looked at the boy on the floor, "You're a poor excuse for a human being." Was all he said before following Luhan. 
 

Luhan looked Minseok over for the tenth time. Minseok chuckled and wiped a tear that escaped Luhan's eye. "Oh baby, don't cry. I'm okay." He cooed as he brought the younger boy into a hug.

"I'm so sorry hyung, I couldn't protect you and ...and he hurt you and h-"

Luhan was silenced by Minseok's soft lips on his own.  He pulled away seconds later. "You idiot...." He said affectionately. "I'm okay, stop beating yourself up for it."

Luhan nodded and sniffed meekly. Minseok laughed and pressed a kiss below each eye before trailing down to his lips.  "I love you Luhan, and don't ever forget that."

 

My heart rode the clouds and flew
You were prettier than Wendy or Cinderella

The one person who made my heart pound
As soon as I felt you, my eyes shone

Luhan let out a small shout as he tripped over a small box. He picked it up frustratingly and opened it. All his anger died down when he saw a ring sitting inside. Below the ring was a picture. Luhan picked it up and smiled, blinking the tears out of his eyes. Luhan remembered that day....and he will remember it for the rest of his life. He remembered how Minseok and him fought on who was going to be wearing black and who was going to be wearing white. They came to the consensus on both wearing white, but Minseok, being the troll he was, ended up wearing a black shirt underneath his white one, thus making Luhan the bride. 

Luhan put up a fight, but he won the roll of waiting at the alter. The chattering silenced as the ballroom doors swung open and Minseok stepped into the room with Yixing by his side. Minseok lost both his parents at a young age and only had his uncle left. Therefore, Yixing being his closest relative, got the honor of escorting him down the isle.

Luhan watched with wide eyes as his love moved closer and closer to him. His light brown hair was tousled and swept up while Luhan kept his hair down. His soft, round cheeks were turning a slight shade of red under Luhan's intense stare.

His eyes were large and doe-eyed, much like Luhan's. The eyeliner that was probably put on by their close friend Baekhyun emphasized them perfectly. Luhan gaped as he watched his flawless beauty make his way onto the small podium. His heart pounded, threatening to beat right out of his chest. His eyes shone as he took in the sight of his boyfriend/ fiancé walking towards him. Only one person could make him feel this way. Only one person could ever make him feel this way.

And that person was going to be his forever.

"Hello beautiful." Luhan whispered taking Minseok's hands into his own. Minseok turned a darker shade of red. Luhan let out a small laugh and glanced at the pastor who was talking. The speech went by quickly and Luhan smiled when he heard the words he'd been waiting for.

"You may now kiss the groom."

Luhan wasted no time pressing his lips against Minseok's slightly chapped ones. They smiled into the kiss which considered them finally and lawfully bonded together. The crowd cheered for the young couple and Luhan dipped Minseok causing the older boy to cry out.  Luhan laughed and Minseok smacked his arm before pressing another kiss on his lips.

"I love you." Luhan whispered, slowly bringing the boy up to a standing position.

Minseok cupped Luhan's face and pressed their foreheads together, "I love you more."
 

Without you is like a lonely island
I wrote you down in my memories,
You can't be erased, pretty girl

Luhan smiled painfully as he put the last box down in the kitchen. It was only 9:17 in the morning and the moving trucks were set to arrive at 10. Luhan's flight was at 1 in the afternoon. His suitcases were already in his new house when he went to visit it. He had blindly bought it because it used to be Minseok's old house. He didn't care if it was close to falling or filled with bugs, he just had to have it. Sure the house will bring back memories but that was okay. Because forgetting about Minseok was something that Luhan never wanted to do. 

"What do you mean gone?"
Luhan blubbered. The doctor placed a hand on Luhan's shoulder as the poor boy sobbed into his hands.

"Kim Minseok had this disease for a while Luhan. I'm surprised he lived till 29."

"But he can't just leave me! He's my entire world....can't you do something?"

The doctor shook his head sadly, "He's gone for good....would you like to see his body once before it gets moved to the funeral home?"

Luhan nodded sadly and followed the doctor lifelessly into Minseok's room.  Luhan was frightened to death when he walked out of his room to see Minseok passed out in a pile of blood. Luhan figured he must of coughed it up before passing out. That was the scariest thing for Luhan. To see someone so happy and full of life to be so...lifeless.

"Minnie?" Luhan called out when he saw a covered figure laying on a hospital bed.

The doctor slowly uncovered the face and Luhan choked back a sob. It was his Minseok. Lunan let out another sob as he reached out gently to touch his cheeks. He flinched when his smooth fingers grazed Minseok's cold skin. "Oh my god." He cried as he threw himself on the motionless body.

Never again would he see that gummy smile.

Never again would he hear that heart warming laugh.

Never again would he feel those soft lips on his own.

Never again would he hear the words 'I love you.'

"Minseok please, wake up." He cried hysterically into the chest which was silent. This made Luhan's chest tighten. Every time he laid his head on Minseok's chest, he could always hear a steady heartbeat.

Ba dum...Ba dum...Ba dum. Constant and steady.

And now, even that was gone.

"Minseok please...I can't live without you." Luhan pleaded. He pressed his lips against Minseok's desperately. He was praying that Minseok was just sleeping. That Minseok would get up with a smile and take Luhan into his arms, assuring that the older man would not go anywhere, and that he would stay forever with Luhan.

"Sir you have to go now." The doctor tried pulling Luhan away from the dead body.

"NO I LOVE HIM. YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME." Luhan yelled desperately, trying to reach for the hand that could never hold his own hand ever again.

"Sir please, you have to go."

"I can't.....I love him." Luhan slumped to the ground, body racking in tears.

His light, his reason to live, his world was now gone. 

 

I turned the last page
That is written about you
But I have no courage to read it,

I will erase the sad words
Our story is not be over
Because we will meet again

Luhan wiped away a tear as he turned the page in Minseok's diary. He was now sitting on the plane, heading for Korea. His ears were plugged with earbuds as he listening to Minseok's favorite playlist. Something Minseok had made him for his 27th birthday.  Luhan smiled to himself as he read his lover's witty words. He turned the page and froze. There was no more. The writing has stopped. Instead there was one final entry. The entry Minseok wrote while he was in the hospital. 
 

190527
"Hello my love, 
Yes I'm talking about you Luhan. Who else would I talk about other than my husband. I love calling you my husband by the way. "

Luhan chuckled at his husband's silly words.

"I know I don't have much time. And I was happy I spent most of my life with you. You held my hand during a huge roller coaster called Life. For my every up and down, you were there by my side. I could never thank you enough for never giving up on me. All those petty fights seem meaningless compared to the beautiful thing we had called love. Ugh that sounds so cheesy. Anyway. I wanted to thank you one last time and I want to tell you something. It's okay to move on okay? Promise me you won't be a forever alone hermit and that you'll find a nice piece of eye candy to call your own. I won't be mad okay?! I want you to find someone. Okay I guess that's all I have to say. So...to my last entry... cheers! 
*clinks imaginary wine glasses together*  I love you Luhan, more then you could ever imagine."

 

Luhan finished reading and stared at the last sentence.

"Um are you okay?"

Luhan snapped his head towards the voice. A young man, maybe a few years younger than Luhan was sitting across the isle from him.

"What?"

The stranger pulled out a small cloth from his pocket and handed it to Luhan, "You're crying."

Luhan took the handkerchief grateful and wiped his tears. "Thank you."

"No problem."

Luhan studied the handkerchief and froze when he saw the familiar shape of a certain fairy on it. It was Tinkerbell. Luhan flipped the cloth around only to find Peter pan's silhouette on it.

"Um hello?"

Luha looked back up at the stranger. "I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

The stranger smiled, "I said I'm Oh Sehun....what's your name?"

Luhan thought for a while before responding, "Kim Luhan." 

 


word count: 5072