WAY BACK BEFORE TIFFANY

A Billionaire's Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The calendar turns September. Yet, Kwon Yuri still thinks it’s not over. Goggling the bottle of wine without the wine glass, the tanned billionaire glared at her three company, the ever annoying duo and a little bunny who is too drunk to even blink. By far, she has seen herself let go of some decisions, mainly some means many. Decisions in which she can’t even apprehend to swallow, like now. The inner economic beast inside of her is swelling in tears as the clock struck another hour, another check. Perhaps a bar with 4 customers for the whole night is normal when you are in such status in life. But in the end, Yuri complied to scratch her card.

 

“Are you really not jealous?” came Sooyoung’s voice.

 

“Yeah unnie, are you really not jealous?” Yoona’s follow up wood to the fire erupted.

 

“Like I said. I am most ardently and surely, not jealous. In the sense that I am not threatened. Can you please stop?” Yuri replied, earning a raised eyebrow from Sooyoung who sipped her gin like a tea.

 

“Whoa. We are not asking for some poetic answer but thank you very much. You know you can be honest with us Yuri. How do you even convinced yourself to rent this bar for the night if you are what you said you are, uhmmm, let me quote, most ardently and surely, not jealous?” Sooyoung smirked, a new expression from her face. Her newly dyed brown hair glimmered underneath the bar lights. It became silent, and Yuri has no words.

 

“I am married to her. Why would I feel something like that? We are not teenagers anymore.”

 

“hmm. Yeah, maybe we used the wrong adjective for that.” Yoona nodded with a defeated expression.

 

“So, let me ask you a new revised edition, Are you okay?” she added, scooting closer to her older sister.

 

“I am.” Yuri answered.

 

“So are you okay that Jessica unnie is out of the country with him again because of the fashion line’s expansion to Europe? I don’t really understand why would the president of the distribution business needs to be with the CEO of the business.. Not to mention they seem pretty close already, considering all of those travel and such.  Has Jessica unnie noticed your newly dyed hair?” Yoona counted the made up answers with her hands, her gaze intent.

 

“Because he needs to be there because he is the one responsible for the company’s expansion, he is a business partner. Remember?” Sooyoung answered.

 

“Why? Can we just put up a distribution business then?”

 

“It is not easy like that you dipbrain! He has an established name in that platform already, which is why Jessica’s fashion line has been expanding like your spandex shorts throughout the world because of him.” Sooyoung said behind gritted teeth.

 

“I am here, you know.” Yuri drunkenly waved the rock glass back and forth. The duo only gave her a piece of their attention.

 

“Yes we know.”

 

“You know that topic is way over your heads. Sica will never do that to me. And besides, business partners are normal. She will be home tomorrow.” Yuri finished the bickering duo’s question with the statement.

 

Perhaps, it is indeed way over thought, weeks and weeks of are you okays?, even Taeyeon herself is asking her, because everyone is worried. Months after Kim Woobin and Jessica became partners, the mansion became a home for a tenant. Jessica is out almost every week, and the other half of the silver wedding ring is left alone to face the consequence of missing someone. She did visits her, but it is not the same. Reason unknown, and the most annoying thing is she can’t make say what she feels.

 

Because Yuri herself does not know either. Yuri loves the woman so much. Even if her stick has been eaten enough because she gave it away, selflessly.

 

Yuri lowered her gaze, she saw her reflection in the mirror in front of them, the popular billionaire, the wife to one Jessica Jung, the strings of question struck Yuri’s mind, as the clock struck 3, she finally asked herself,

 

Are you okay?

 

~~

 

Yuri climbed out of the Porsche SUV with a banging head and an unwashed hair. She is not in the mood to drive, hence asking her driver to do so.  The whole night of drinking did not do well for her in the morning, she have to remind herself that her wife is coming home after a month of absence. The private flyway looks eerie from within the black shade of the sunglasses she is wearing, a good 5 minutes. She is not late.  Jessica is.

 

Yuri gave up to the proposition of her brain to sleep. Overlooking the vast skyline, she settled on a leather chair. She did not notice the loud buzzing of a jet engine, and the announcement of the captain about an arrival in the flyway.

 

“Enjoying you sleep with your unwashed hair Kwon?” a voice Yuri know too well, buzzed in her right ear.

 

“Shut up Taeyeon. I thought you are coming back tomorrow.” She waved of the other Jung with her hands, she yawned.

 

“I reckon that my business is nowhere near important between Tiffany’s due month. I want to be right beside her the moment she screams my name saying that her sack has exploded.” Taeyeon dreamily smiled beside Yuri, a lopsided one and Yuri cringe at that erted smile.

 

“Is Jessica here already?” Yuri asked, straightening her jacket. Taeyeon eyed her with confusion.

 

“What?”

 

“She didn’t call you?”

 

“Why?”

 

“She cancelled her flight today. She will be the one who is arriving tomorrow.” She asserted. Taking her phone out of her pocket to dial a call. Yuri saw Taeyeon’s serious face, even if her face is shining with all the regal aura emitting from her brown locks.

“Hello?” Taeyeon echoed on the phone, a hard and heavy hello.

 

Yuri is stunned for a moment, Taeyeon would never greet Tiffany in that tone. Especially by how she described her excitement. Tiffany is due this month and their house has been revamped into a whole new level. Perhaps, Yuri will enjoy dipping herself in the new pool with her nephew.  As far as the word exaggerating exist, Yuri described the new set up stable just for Theodore in the Jung’s household. Two black ponies are already there, with the other pony being Yoona’s gift. She prayed that the child will not grow up to be just another rumple, she hopes he will come after her mom.

 

“You did not call Yuri?..Yes, she is here. Waiting for you. You know if that business is really important to you rather than your marriage might as well re marry and marry it.”

 

Definitely not Tiffany.

 

 Yuri knows it to well, she stood up. Approaching Taeyeon with her eyebrows scrunched up. Why would she say such things? And to her twin too.

 

Just right before Yuri could grab the phone from Taeyeon’s hand, Taeyeon pried it away. Earning a small but reserved smile from the older Jung.

 

“Before you could barrage me with hurtful words, let me just tell you that I defended you. In what sense you may ask? Well, one thing. Jessica is becoming an airhead. Secondly, Jessica became an airhead. And third, you are an airhead.” Taeyeon says, eyes focused and Yuri saw how brown it was. For the first time. Just like that, a feeling of missing someone erupted, purely natural and she felt a sting in her eye.

 

The reality sinks in.

 

Jessica forgot. Again. What is new?

 

“I can’t just sit here and watch. Yuri, I am with the both you since you started your marriage life. It is all a bliss, that three years? This is your first hurdle, and merely, a man and a business. I can’t understand how you managed to stay on your belt when the pants is starting to drop.” Taeyeon reached for her hair, ruffling it to prove her point. Meanwhile Yuri gaped at the idioms and all the metaphors Taeyeon is saying.

“What is your point exactly?”

 

“Jessica is with Woobin again. I am not worried because clearly that man is dumb enough to think that Jessica will pull his hair to kiss him in the hallway upon a sudden bliss of realization. The thing I am worried is how is efforts are affecting your marriage.” Taeyeon says. There is a time where Taeyeon can say the most obvious things, but right now Yuri heard the thing she neglected, even if others are finding it obvious.

 

“You have the money Yuri. You have the time to visit her. But please, make yourself lead for once. Where is the Yuri I know on Yuchiri? If you are afraid that Jessica will not love you if you are not as selfless, then you are wrong. She loves you. But for once, please let her know of how you feel.” Taeyeon patted Yuri in the shoulders.

 

“I just want to support her.”

 

“Well that is great. But you are the other part of this relationship too.”

 

~~

 

Jessica clutched her phone in her hands after Taeyeon’s call. She grimaced. Embarrassed. How can she probab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter