XII. WHEN IN AFRICA: Part 1

A Billionaire's Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Billionaire's Confession: Chapter 12   WHEN IN AFRICA: Part 1

Taeyeon and Jessica's Birthday Bash Special

 

“Happy Birthday, Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyy~” Kim Hyoyeon’s voice is a bit raspy for the melody of the greeting to appeal as ear friendly. Much to Taeyeon’s agitation, this kind of teasing is supposed to be banned when the rest of them are lodging like they own the place. More importantly her birthday has been ruined.

 

Packing her camping luggage with a grim face, her mind boggling all the possible revenge she can come up to. She knows that she tasted her own medicine in an unexpected date, but this is just the start. As per the storm suddenly grew still, everyone is still harmoniously co existing, Tiffany in that matter is happier than Taeyeon. Her eye smile radiating, her voice is everything as her gestures justified the gracefulness she had while talking to Yuri and Jessica in the garden. Her birthday is not fully destroyed, she thought. As long as her wife and her kid is beside her.

 

But there is always a villain in every fairytale. While Jessica and Yuri along with Tiffany are enjoying the breeze of the garden outside, and Seohyun taking pleasure in the grand piano at the center of the mansion, the current temperature at the master bedroom is, cunning and most importantly a looming cloud appeared when Hyoyeon and Sunny harmonized in terms of alto and soprano.  Never did Taeyeon imagined that the Happy Birthday song can be this annoying.

 

“The both of you shut up. Or else you will not reach your birthday you little twats! Get out of my way!” Taeyeon rammed the two short human doors with her small shoulders, dragging the carrier bag with a strong pull.

 

Hyoyeon grimaced for a moment, witnessing the Louis Vuitton carrier to slide down the stair mercilessly. The sound of the destroyed particles of the intricate furnished designs is scathed when Taeyeon pushed the carrier down the stairs to let it slide on its own. Along with the one of a kind materials’ demise for the whole makeup of the carrier’s frame, the sound is not pleasing at all. 

 

“We are just singing. Oh come on Taeyeon, don’t be so glum! You will know your baby’s gender today. Aren’t you happy?” Sunny followed her, crumbs of bread on the side of her lips.

 

“No. Not when you invaded our privacy so early in the morning.” Taeyeon asserted, turning around to face Sunny in a jolt. The smaller girl gulped her bread, halting in her tracks.

 

“Oh, you might want to kiss yourself for making that a tradition. We are just using it on you, you know for self test.” Sunny skipped down the flight to keep up with the pace. The clang of the luggage finally arriving at the foot of the stairs made a pang of realization to both Sunny and Hyoyeon. Last time they came here, the whole mansion is a wide piece of luxury. Taeyeon is already turning towards the kitchen.

 

“You added a second floor to the house? You renovated the whole house Taeyeon?!” Hyoyeon exclaimed, eyes bulging. With the excitement and all the swirl of emotions of giving the best surprise, they did not notice how a second floor managed to emerged. Until now.

 

“No the construction men did it.” Taeyeon poured herself a glass of water.

 

“When?”

 

“Last week.”

 

“Why? I thought you don’t want to experience hardships when you are old!” Sunny asked.

 

“Well, I thought that maybe a few elevation is good. I want the house to look different.”

 

“And also, I might consider adding another floor, or maybe a tower? So that all of you unwanted creatures cannot reach it to plot our demise.” Taeyeon grinned at the idea.

 

“Oh, you wouldn’t.” Hyoyeon emerged from the counter, sitting on it as she drinks a glass of water. Taeyeon huffed. Why is she in the kitchen anyway? They are playing a game of I will follow you around. And she is losing.

 

“FYI. Yuri and Jessica suffered enough of it already. We already memorized Jessica’s curves.” Sunny laughed.

 

“Thanks. I did appreciate it.” she rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh….and…the Doctor is here…might as well ready Tiffany for the ultrasound?” Sunny stated. Her eyes darting from the Doctor in the front door to Taeyeon who is still pre occupied with the air in front of her.

 

“Miss Jung, hello.” The doctor bowed.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry Doctor, Sunny, the guestroom in the basement is the room for ultrasound. I’ll get Tiffany.” Taeyeon waved Sunny and Hyoyeon off. The bulge in their eyes grow wider.

 

“What?” Taeyeon stopped in her tracks, noticing Hyoyeon and Sunny’s idle positions.

 

“Room for Ultrasound?” Not the first time. But still unbelievable.

 

“Yes. I ordered the machines last Monday. I want Tiffany to stay here, the hospital has unnecessary germs. Now go, the doctor is waiting.” Taeyeon immediately jogged towards the front door.

 

“I will not be surprised if this house has an alien storage.” Hyoyeon massaged her arms, faking a shiver. Meanwhile Sunny nodded.

 

“Yes. We can all agree that Taeyeon is the first one to occupy that room.”

 

“Miss Lee, can we go to the ultrasound room now? I need to set up the machines for Miss Jung.” When the doctor broke their codes of conversation with a meek smile, both of them awkwardly smiled.

 

“Oh yes Doctor, we are very sorry and please follow us accordingly coz this house is so big and we will have a hard time finding you if ever you’ll get lost so….Vamos!”

 

~~

 

“You locked the doors?” Tiffany giggled followed by a laugh. Jessica had to look straight at Yuri, mentally asking for an explanation.

 

“Yes I did. I am sorry that you have to suffer earlier this morning Fany. Sooyoung and Yoona just had to make some adjustments in their plans since you know, I locked the doors.” Yuri sliced the served bread in two, feeding the other half to Jessica like a reflex.

 

“So that is why..” Jessica slapped her wife whilst laughing. Getting the hang of everything. Maybe that is why she slept comfortably on her birthday.  Kisses and cuddles welcoming her 30th year, quite surprised that Yuri did not make love to her but the fact that she woke up with Yuri just watching her, is enough. More than enough when you are a woman in her 30.

 

Tiffany expelled a sigh, reaching for her cup of tea, “Nothing we could do. It’s in your nature to be this erted. Might want to applaud Taeyeon for planting those ideas in your heads.”

 

“That is not my idea.”

 

“Uhuh, You contributed.” Jessica pinched Yuri’s nose affectionately. And in a short span of time the married couple engaged themselves in a battle of intimacy while the pregnant woman managed to enjoy the breeze of her compound, a small smile on her face.

 

~~

 

“Babe.” Taeyeon appeared out of nowhere, giving a chaste kiss on her wife’s lips as her eyes eventually diverted to her twin now on Yuri’s lap. The cool and refreshing breeze is a great attribute for an early morning cuddle.

 

“Ugh. Are you…sure you are not going to puke?” She whispered. Her arrival rendered useless and unappreciated, well atleast to Jessica and Yuri.

 

“How can I puke when they are just sleeping like a married couple. Are you really going to disturb them now birthday girl?” Tiffany smiled, cupping the small face with her hands, connecting their lips in one lovable kiss while Taeyeon grinned nonstop.

 

“If you are going to kiss me like this then nope.” Taeyeon’s grin became wide.

 

As per the wind died down and the married couples are very much still into their heated sessions, Jessica in particular is already asleep in Yuri’s lap, circling the neck in a tight embrace. Taeyeon now making faces towards the unborn baby in the womb as Tiffany pets her hair.

 

There is a force cough. Yuri craned her neck on the sound behind her, Jessica’s head sliding at the sudden movement. Her eyes opened up, a fixed glare came down like two red lasers. Hyoyeon and Sunny froze. Waving a little, whispering prayers for Taeyeon to get a grip on the reality that she is staring at the lone pattern of Tiffany’s plaid shirt, not an actual child in that matter. Still immersed in the current predicament of dodging Jessica’s glare, Hyoyeon grunted. And Yuri and Jessica decided to burst in laughter.

 

“Oh, is it ready?” Taeyeon acknowledging the spurt of melodic combination of a husky and high pitch laugh, stood up. She extended her arms for Tiffany, lacing their fingers as the married couple strutted towards their home for the highlight of Taeyeon’s day. The two girls following them like children.

 

“I can’t believe they trolled us!” Hyoyeon trotted on the pavement with heavy steps.

 

“Let’s go inside. You are going to witness the gender breaking of your nephew! Or niece!” Yuri excitedly carried the unwilling Jessica in her arms. Albeit still sleepy, the younger twin can only muster a small smile, back to the comforts of her wife’s neck and her scent she grew addicted upon, it is a hidden happiness present in the pits of Jessica’s heart to finally get to know the offspring of her sister. Another blessing has yet to pass, perhaps a spoiled niece or nephew is coming on the way.

 

As of now, her birthday is perfect.

 

 

Or not.

 

“My God Yoona how can you be so slow! We are late for the ultimate baby unveiling! I told you to drive fast! Now look at what happened!”

 

The big and bulky Hummer’s tires screeched, halting into a dramatic break. Followed by the loud slamming of the car door and the widespread panting of two lanky girls who is undeniably late. Yoona in that matter is still not done with her breakfast. After the surprise, the both of them run off towards the sunrise to find a decent breakfast. One sole reason is revolving in Taeyeon’s personal chef, who has been banned by the great Jung to cook the usual breakfast for the couple, merely because she does not want any more of Sooyoung and Yoona’s gluttony.

 

“Slow down unnie! I am ready to die of choking on a burger!” Yoona fast and furious. Mouth full and legs stretching on a full ostrich run.

 

“Come on! Give me the half of it so that we can arrive there fast!” Sooyoung stopped, mouth already opened for Yoona’s burger to come in.

 

“Never in a million years! I know every tactics you got!” Yoona burst into a sprint.  Draining the burger down in one big chew, leaving Sooyoung in the front door.

 

~~

 

“Is it necessary to put the gel in her stomach? Like you can’t put in her arms or something?” Taeyeon asked the doctor in one fluid monotone. The Doctor by the name of Cho Kyuhyun chuckled nervously, his hands hovering Tiffany’s belly to apply the gel used for the ultrasound.

 

“Twinnie, that gel is necessary. If you are so damned jealous, you might want to put the gel on her stomach. And the baby is in her belly, not the arm, you Dumbo. ” Jessica answered Taeyeon’s inquiry with the same monotone. The twins both looked into each other’s eyes for a brief second, a waft of stillness in the air concluded. In fact it might even get colder if not for Sooyoung and Yoona’s barging in the basement. Tiffany closed her eyes. Slowly retracting her shirt downwards to momentarily cover it.

 

“Oh. There’s no baby? Why are all of you so quite?” Sooyoung genuinely asked. Both her and Yoona staring at the inhabitants of the room.

 

“Okay! Doctor, you can proceed now. Taeyeon is just asking and my wife is just answering.” Yuri stopped the looming cloud once again, breaking Taeyeon and Jessica’s eye contact with her hands waving back and forth her wife’s eyes.

 

“Honey, get a grip it’s your birthday!” She kissed her cheeks. Eventually, Jessica flushed.

 

“Taeyeon, you want to put the gel?” Tiffany smiled too, Taeyeon nodding like a kid. The impending brawl has been suspended.  Sunny grabbed Dr. Cho by the shoulders, making signals that it is okay.

 

“Doctor, stay here for a while.” She added, the poor doctor only had the opportunity to nod.

 

“Rub it fast please, we are all here in case you two want to, you know, woohoo in the basement. Make a room for some shame towards your baby.” Sooyoung hollered.

 

“Sooyoung.” Tiffany lectured.

 

“I am just freaking rubbing some gel in my wife’s belly.” Taeyeon asserted her huff of annoyance reaching Sooyoung’s fringe.

 

Now on the verge of finishing up the whole bottle of gel, Dr. Cho took the liberty to stop the process. Tiffany’s belly is one hell of a transparent bubble, now glistening with a fat layer of gel. Jessica laughing her off, gripping the ends of Yuri’s arm. Seohyun, who is seated on the farthest corner of the room, also has a fat layer of sweat, the gel is too much. How can the device function now? That of which is only answerable by no one.

 

“Wow. A planetarium.” Yoona commented on Tiffany’s clear sky belly.

 

“Oh you.” Taeyeon replied, a towel already in her hands, ready to wipe off some gel on her wife’s stomach.

 

“Oh, me.” Yoona mocked.

 

“Oh, us.” Sooyoung sing songed.

 

“Is this gel enough?” Taeyeon ignored Sooyoung and Yoona.

 

“It is okay now Taeyeon~ssi. The machine can function now. Okay, Miss Jung let’s get started?” Dr. Cho proceeded to his task with trembling hands. Tiffany smiled an assuring one. Her family is full of extra people, full of spoilt brats, henceforth the everlasting bicker and the game of pride is always up. If only she can explain it to the inexperienced doctor. She will.

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

 

Dolphins scream. Yes, maybe science proved that but not in a way that they have a voice, it is portrayed by sound waves. But a human dolphin screams with her voice, and it is not pleasant. Jessica screamed on top of her lungs when the towel full of gel came in contact with her face. A laughing Taeyeon sprinted off out of the door, her laughter resonating throughout the basement like a horror queen. She gets her revenge in every way possible. And as always, Jessica is not the type to back down, chasing her twin out of the basement.

 

The room came into a shock, Dr. Cho in particular jumped. The machine flying out of his hands, thankfully it is caught by Hyoyeon, urging him to continue.

 

“I will chase after them. Please do continue Doctor.” Yuri apologized. Sending off Sooyoung on the other side of the room when she tried to block the door, grinning.

 

“Dr. this occurrence is a norm. Please do continue okay? They will be back soon.” Seohyun stood up and accompanied Hyoyeon. Sooyoung and Yoona looking quite accustomed to the thing that happened is now back to eating their take out burgers in the corner. Waiting for Yuri to come back with a sane Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

~~

 

When Yuri managed to catch the both of them, she pledged that this would be the last time. Taeyeon and Jessica has been running like kids in the mansion, this is their 30th birthday and the last thing they could do is to act like this. Most people are already on the edge of their maturity. Spoilt kids might’ve started their maturity stage at the age of 25, Yuri thought. In Taeyeon and Jessica’s case who has been pampered all their life, their age of maturity starts today.

 

Now peaceful once again, with the twins already back to their normal we are sisters forever mode, Tiffany finally breathed. When the machine finally lit up, revealing a grayscale image, all too familiar to everyone’s eyes. Sooyoung and Yoona hovered over Taeyeon’s head. Hyoyeon and Sunny sat on the edge of Tiffany’s bed as Seohyun watched with her hands clasped into one. Yuri held Jessica in a tight back hug, eyes watery from the sight of the human life in the monitor, slightly moving.

 

On her 30th birthday, she did have a hard day. Each moments of her life is critically acclaimed as ecstatic, filled with memories she will never forget. She clutched Tiffany’s hands in hers tightly, letting a lone tear to drop on her eyes. She kissed her wife’s knuckles, almost too gentle that Tiffany croaked, clasping her palms in . Also crying with a sheer feeling of happiness. Dr. Cho smiled, beamed even. Even after several scenarios like that, the rest of them managed to behave when it is necessary. And so, he is honored to deliver the best present to the billionaires, this child is going to be born with a diamond spoon. So precious.

 

“Miss Taeyeon, Miss Tiffany, it’s a boy.”

 

~~

 

On a private jet, currently thousands of feet of the ground. Another scenario is taking place.

 

“Where are we going.” Deadpanned and it seems like she is tired of constantly asking every time she is dragged in a jet, Seohyun asked. For the sake of formalities and the assurance that they are not going to self-destruct in the middle of the ocean.

 

Knowing that the jet is new, she had this assumption that Taeyeon or Sooyoung might have put a bomb in it. Finding it possible for those two are eternally fighting for the upper hand in the world of notorious people. Nevertheless, she trashed the idea. After all Mr. Jung is extremely a fan of extravagance when she gave Taeyeon a yacht and a new silver chopper earlier this day. With Yoona and Yuri enjoying the test drive in the horizon.  Jessica on the other hand received the spanking new all black jet they are currently using, henceforth no bomb can possibly be conjured. As if a mall and a car company is enough for a birthday gift, but proven to be once again wrong.

 

“Winterhoek West, Tulbagh, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.” Yoona answered from the other side of the isle.  Seohyun’s level of attention shot up, her stoic face lighting up with the information. More importantly it is not because she doubts Kwon Yoona’s knowledge but she is in fact amazed by how ready the younger Kwon is. Maybe now she can get a good amount of sleep knowing that she will be landing on a place, not some deserted island.

 

But South Africa, really?

 

“Is that a camping site?” Seohyun rolled her seat to face Yoona and Sooyoung’s head peeked from her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter