[F] The Singer (Wendy x You)

Day & Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: There is one cuss word towards the end of the story. Just letting you all know!

-----------------------------

   You were sitting in the lecture room as the news is flashing on the projector. Another victim has been taken by this so-called murderer " The Singer". You have no idea how they're doing it, but they've managed to kill a third person. Bae Joohyun. 

" So far all the victims are women. Park Sooyoung, Kang Seulgi, and the latest victim Bae Joohyun. So is the murderer a guy? " Johnny questions. 

" Bae Joohyun lived a quiet life if the suspect were to try to scout her she would have to be someone that would be willing to go to a party. " You remark. 

The group groans. 

" We've been on this case for three weeks. Captain Kim isn't going to be happy with us if we aren't able to come up with a lead. " Win Win says. 

 You were one of the female students that attend the Police Academy of SM. You were also one of the few females in the academy that haven't left the school. Every female student within SM Academy has either quit or given up their dream of becoming a detective due to the fact that the school still seems like it's stuck within the 1800s setting where women could barely do anything and would barely get any recognition. However, you didn't give up. You couldn't give up this was your dream. Others gave up but that won't be you. 

" I heard if we really fail then the case is going to go to the FBI instead. " Mark says. 

" They step in the moment the number of victims hit three or more. " You answer. 

" Alright, so we have three very attractive women who are victims of this suspect. How would a person be able to get their attention? " Lucas asks

" They need to be someone that they feel comfortable with and if it is a guy depending on the setting I don't think they would be willing to converse with him. Plus the victims are mostly around our age. Kang Seulgi's in a dance team, Joohyun has painting classes, and Joy has acting classes. Are there any people who could be able to have that kind of access to meet the three of them? " You remark. 

" We need to widen the search range students, professors, custodians, anyone check who would be able to gain access and slip away without looking suspicious. " Johnny states. 

" I need you to come with me. " Johnny says. 

You were confused as to why he needed to talk to you and especially alone but you follow him anyway. 

" I have a special assignment for you. " Johnny says. 

" What would that be? " You ask. 

" Oh come on. I know what you're hiding. You and I both know that the murderer is a woman. " Johnny states. 

" Alright, you win. What do you need me to do? " You question

" There's a cafe that's nearby the campus of three of the victims I need you to try to collect as much intel about the three victims and the murder. Be careful, male or female anyone of them could be the suspect. Report back to me when you find anything. " Johnny remarks. 

You nod and grab your things and leave. 

Johnny grins and walks back into the room. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

" The Velvet. " You read aloud to yourself. 

You stand in front of the cafe and stare at the sign for a few seconds before walking in. Other than the waitress greeting you, the whole atmosphere in this cafe is just dead.  They must be grieving. They did lose talented students after all. You think to yourself. The waitress sits you down and hands you a menu. You grin and nod as she lets out a forced smile and walks back into the kitchen. You look around the restaurant. 

" Hm... if I were one of the victims what would I do in this cafe? " You say to yourself. 

You grin to yourself as you manage to get the first clue. Joy comes here often, so does Seulgi and so does Irene. How ironic that the three women's pictures are displayed all within the same row and just a week difference for each photo. 

" So are you ready to order? " The waitress asks

" Ah yes. Can I have a Taro Latte? " You state. 

" Will, that be it? " She asks

" Actually... " You mutter and secretly flash your badge to her. 

She sits down in front of you.

" I'm sorry. I'm not really comfortable answering questions about the victims. I was close friends with all three of them. " The waitress says in between sniffles. 

" I'm really sorry but I have to ask. If you answer to questions, I'll be able to give your friends justice. So what do you say? " You ask 

She nods. 

" Just something really simple. When Joohyun, Seulgi, and Joy would come here where would they sit? " You ask 

As the waitress pointed it out things just got weird. If you were to connect where the three victims sat it would be another line. 

" Would that be all for now? " She asks

" Yes, that's all. Thank you so much Yerim. I know how tough this must be for you. " You state. 

Yerim nods and turns around to leave. 

You sat where each victim sat. If they were to sit this close then this means they're facing the stage. Which is where the murderer would be. So the murderer is a woman, a singer, and someone who is interested in women. 

" So that's why they w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter