[N] The Fireworks Start (Irene x You)

Day & Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: I recommend listening to this while reading. It's a nice song and also I was listening to this song while writing this chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkOyin36zq8

----------------              

 You were relaxing in your room with the air conditioner going off full blast. You lay on your bed while you're on your laptop exploring the internet. Is this the best way to finish summer break before school starts? To others, no but to you, you were alright with it. You had too much to deal with this summer, from work and all the people there, constant drama going from friends to family. You were tired physically and mentally that all you wanted to do was rest up even if you only had three days of summer left. However, by the way, how your friends are excitedly knocking on the door of your room you know things are bound to change. You groan and whine before getting up to open the door to let them in. 

" So guess what? " Kang your childhood friend exclaims. 

You stare at him with an uninterested expression. 

" Krystal's having a pool party before the semester starts! " Darren shouts. 

While your friends let out screams of excitement you groan and lay down on your bed again.

" Hey! This isn't the time to be sleeping! " Chloe says as she hits your arm. 

" I don't care and I'm not going. " You reply

Your friends all groan in unison. 

" We know you're tired from work. But you can treat this as a mini vacation you can finally have. " Stella suggests. 

" My mini vacation is here! " You whine. 

They all stare at each other and sigh. That was all you were able to process before Darren and Stella grab your arms. 

" What is going on?! " You yell. 

" Darren, Chloe make sure to pack up the right outfits for the party. Because this kid is finally going to get a girlfriend! " Kang exclaims. 

" I said I don't want one! " You yell. 

" So you're not interested in Irene Bae? " Stella asks

You were silent and that was enough to give them the answer as they smirk. 

" That's what I thought now let's go. We have a long drive to Malibu. " Kang says 

" Doesn't she live in Santa Monica?! Why are we driving for two hours?! " You exclaim. 

" Because we're going to party at her even bigger beach house now let's go! " Stella responds. 

---------------------------------

" Are you seriously still mad at us for dragging you out of the house? Your mom even gave us permission before we arrived. " Kang sneers as he looks at you through the mirror from the car. 

You don't say anything and your friends snicker. 

" Just wait. When Irene is there we'll be forgiven. " Stella says. 

Your friends have been trying to get Irene and you together just because of one small moment where she accidentally bumped into you in the library started this whole shipping frenzy. You admit, Irene is indeed attractive, pretty, and well-mannered but can't you just interact with someone normally without your friends beginning to play cupid right at that moment? But you also knew why they were doing this. They worry about you as friends. You were raised and grew up in a brutal family and they know just how messy things got. You were introverted and you hated sharing things because it made you feel weak and you hated it. They wanted to have someone for you to rely on, make you forget about all those negative moments, and comfort you. They want you to be happy. However, you weren't interested. You've always been a workaholic. Recently your mother's expanded her business so she's promoted you and you now have a lot more work to do. You always thought maybe one day you'll date just not right now. If not then just maybe next year? But your friends know you probably wouldn't be interested in anyone next year either. So that's why they've decided to help you now. 

-------------------------------------

Kang pulls up into the driveway of Krystal's beach house. When they all turn to you all they hear are sounds of breathing. You're asleep. They all sigh because they know it's going to be a difficult task to wake you up without you trying to murder them for bothering you. However, Irene walks out and greets your friends. Everyone immediately gets out of the car and grabs their bags and Kang grabs yours too. 

" What's going on? " Irene asks

" We have a favor to ask of you please wake the kid up. None of us can do it because at some point in our friendship we've all been punched because of that kid. They wouldn't do that to you though. " Stella says. 

" Are you sure? " Irene asks

" Trust me. The kid wouldn't hurt you. " Kang remarks before they all enter the house. 

Irene opens the door of the Jeep Cherokee to find you leaning against the seat. She chuckles at the sight of you. You were still buckled up and had your hood on and your earphones were still blasting music. She smoothly unbuckles the seatbelt without waking you up. She does have to admit she does like this sight of you. At school, you were always so quiet and focused on your work and you don't talk to anyone that isn't your friend. Seeing you like this made you seem so much more gentle and approachable. In fact, you look like a child just peacefully taking a nap. She really doesn't want to wake you up because it's cute seeing you like this but at the same time, if she doesn't wake you up, the ruckus from the party will. So she reluctantly gently shakes you and tries to wake you up. When you open your eyes and see her you groan as you pull off your hood and reveal your disheveled hair. Irene giggles as she pats your back. 

" Nice nap huh? " Irene says. 

You nod. 

" Come on, they're going to start the barbecue without us if we don't go in. " Irene jokes. 

" Can't miss that. Let's go. " You say as you both get out of the car and you close the door. 

You figure that everyone must be in the backyard since no one was in the house and you were correct. Your friends were in the pool, Krystal was busy talking on the phone with her parents. The smell of meat being barbecued is all you could smell. 

" You don't want to go into the pool? " Irene asks

" Maybe later. Right now all I can think about is food. " You reply. 

Irene chuckles and nods. 

" You waiting on the food kid? " Jordan, Krystal's older brother asks. 

You nod. 

" I didn't get to eat on the way here. " You reply. 

Jordan chuckles and nods. 

" But still you could have gone to the pool with your girlfriend. It seemed like she really wanted to spend time with you. " Jordan comments. 

" Wait are you saying Irene and me? No, we're not an item. " You answer

" But I can definitely tell that she has a thing for you though. But then again when hasn't anyone had a thing for you? Heartbreaker. " Jordan teases

You groan while he laughs. 

You had a decent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter