1000 DAYS

Description

Hello everyone! Please read the red section at the bottom. :)

STORY DESCRIPTION:

This is a story I was inspired to write because of the Harper's Bazaar photo shoot G-DRAGON did forever ago. Please read the forward! :)

Gumiho facts from dramabeans.com:

- Gumiho is traditionally a woman, but Japanese and Chinese versions (huli jing & kitsune) of the Gumiho can be male (which is why G-Dragon was in Japan to be turned into one in this story... although I guess I can change history if I wanted) and they can be good or bad, but are usually all carnivores.

- According to legend, a fox that lives for 1,000 years turns into a Gumiho.

- They are shape-shifters that can change into the form of a woman. (but not in this story's case)

- A Gumiho is evil by nature and eats human hearts or livers, depending on the legend. 

- A Gumiho usually has one trait that shows their true form. (i.e. 9 tails, fox ears, etc.)

- Some tales say that if a Gumiho does not kill or eat humans for 1,000 days, it can become human. Other tales say that a Gumiho can become human if the man who sees her true nature keeps it a secret for ten years.

SIDENOTE: Ignore all history errors, please because I'm sure I messed up somewhere! LOL. Or else you can let me know my errors so I can improve my story, which is very much appreciated!

Please Read:

I just want to say that this story is not stolen from username: naninanoda. I am naninanoda. This is my new account. It's all explained if you go look on my old account. I wrote a comment on my old page, while logged in on that old page. The comment is as follows:

"Anyone who visits this page... I'm considering to delete it. :( The reason is because while I was in college, I had to go on a several year hiatus, as I was very busy and stressed out. Now that I have decided to continue my writings, I realize that no one either remembers my stories or will be uninterested in the updates. SO, for that reason, I made a new account: iris_of_eden where I can start over. For those who still appreciate my writings and can forgive my hiatus, I appreciate your support and encourage you to come to my new page. I will probably delete this account after I finished transferring all my stories.
Thank you all who had supported me and I apologize for the hiatus. :(
- naninanoda"

Foreword

Kwon Jiyong was a man in love. While traveling in Japan, he had the misfortune of coming across a powerful and ruthless witch that had fallen for him. The witch asked Jiyong to stay in Japan with her, but he went back to his home in Korea to be with the girl he loved. Jiyong rejecting the witch caused her to become angry and so she cursed him by turning him into a fox that lives 1,000 years, unable to die, eventually making him Gumiho.

"Because you have rejected me, you will watch all those you love die while you live 1,000 years as an animal and then an eternity as a Gumiho."

These were the last words the witch said to Jiyong just before giving him her curse. These words, of course, became a reality. Jiyong lived 1,000 years as a fox and watched in the shadows as the girl he loved fell in love again, married, had children and then grow old, eventually dying. He then watched as her children and her children's children did the same. Each moment of this killed Jiyong on the inside, but he couldn't physically die. After 300 years of watching this, Jiyong grew tired and spent the rest of his 700 years as a fox playing the part of an actual fox, keeping away from what should have been his descendants. 

Now, in the year of 2012, Jiyong has finally become a Gumiho, and able to transform into his human-self, only this is just his appearance. Not only has he become a Gumiho, he has become thirsty for the hearts of young women. Because of this thirst, Jiyong finds himself in an art museum, in search of women when he sees a familiar looking face that stops his heart: the face of the woman he loved 1,000 years ago. Only it's not her. It's one of the museum's tour guides, Park Soojin. It was love at first sight again. Jiyong must decide whether to ignore his hunger and let himself fall for Soojin or eat to Soojin's heart.