GRIM REAPER:personification of death|UPDATE 6

grim reaper: personification of death

 

“siwon, why are you crying?” siwon was awaken when he hears hyukjae’s worried voice. “no, hyukkie, im not crying. My eyes are just sore. I haven’t sleeping yet, remember?” siwon lied as he wipes the wetness on his cheeks. Hyukjae touches siwon’s cheeks and trace the remnants of tears. “im sorry.” He said and pulls siwon for a hug. “im sorry.” He said again and siwon hugs him back. “you must sleep.” They pull away but never losing the hold. Siwon shook his head. “nah, I need to protect you and I can’t protect you if im sleeping.”

“but you have to rest.” Eunhyuk said. “yes you need to rest siwon.” A familiar voice suddenly appear, the two looks to the direction of the voice and found donghae standing by the door. “donghae.” siwon half hissed. “you need some rest siwon. Go get some, im here. I’ll guard YOUR hyukjae while you’re sleeping.” Donghae said in a sarcastic tone. Hyukjae felt siwon flinch, ‘what’s going on between them.’ Hyukjae could see dark auras coming from the two, they are fighting. He knows it just by the looks of siwon’s glare and donghae’s teasing face. He fakes a cough and gets the attention of the two.

“why are you here donghae?” siwon said.

“I need to see sun kyu. I still need to check her. Where is she?”

“she’s in her room. Come donghae ssi, I’ll take you to her.” Hyukjae said and pull donghae’s hand. This is better; he knows that once the tension between the two gets hotter it would end up bad so as much as possible he would do his best to make the two away from each other. Hyukjae was still feeling different towards donghae, as if donghae is not just a doctor and he turns his head see donghae looking down he follows donghae’s line of vision and was shy to realize that donghae is looking at their connected hands. He quickly let go which makes donghae chuckle. “im sorry.”

“it’s ok, you don’t have to say sorry. I won’t die just by holding your hand.” Donghae said and hyukjae blush, the redness continues to grow on his face. Just in time they reach the little girl’s room, hyukjae turns to donghae again. “she’s here.” He opened the door and lead donghae in.

“donghae oppa.” Sun kyu was more than happy to see him, the little girl almost jump out of her bed but hyukjae stop her, she pouts but smile when she saw hyukjae was a bit tense. “appa, what’s wrong?” he shook his head and sit on the side of the bed as donghae starts the check up. In the middle of the check up siwon came to the room to check hyukjae.

“siwon, I told you to get some rest. Go now, sleep on the guest room.” Hyukjae pushed siwon out, as much as siwon doesn’t want to leave hyukjae alone he was dead tired and if he doesn’t take some rest he might not be able to save hyukjae so he just sighed and head to the guest room.

“siwon oppa looks so tired.” Sun kyu said once siwon is out. “yes honey, he’s been quite awake.” Sun kyu frowned. “appa, I’ll go to his room. I’ll make sure he’ll sleep.” Sun kyu said, hyukjae was about to stop her but he was frozen when he feels a hand on his shoulder, his heart thumps hard against his chest as he looks to the owner of the hand.

“donghae ssi.”

“it’s ok, let her walk. It would be good for her. By the way, I want to talk to you regarding something very important.” Donghae said and looks at hyukjae’s eyes. Donghae smiled as he was amazed on how hyukjae’s eyes were so expressive and deep. He was crystal clear, he’s like an open book that could be easily read. How innocent can a person be, he leans closer, he could smell hyukjae’s scent, how clean could a human be? He smiled. He was unreal. Humans are sinners, no one could be as clean and as innocent as an angel. But then he can’t help himself but to keep staring at the other’s vulnerable sight.

Hyukjae blush as he realized that donghae was staring at him. “ok, follow me to my office.” He breathes out, it was quite a relief, donghae’s stares are heavy and melting. “what do you want to talk about donghae ssi?” hyukjae asked as he closed the door and points donghae to the couch in his study room/office. Donghae sat down and smiles, “it’s about you and siwon.” Hyukjae quirk an eyebrow. “are you two dating?” hyukjae almost fell from his seat at the question, he looks at the other’s serious expression and realize the sincerity of the question. He gulps, “we’re just friends.”

“so much of showbiz.” Donghae laughs. “im sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh, it’s just that I feel like a paparazzi.” Hyukjae was still, he was frozen when he saw how cute the other when he laughs and not smirk. “ok, so im going straight to the point. Since you’re not dating… can I … uhm~ are you free tonight?” by that hyukjae falls on his seat literally, donghae goes to his side immediately and help him stood up. Hyukjae’s eyes are bugging out, he was incoherent, he wasn’t able to catch up and comprehend donghae. he blinks a few times but realization is far from his reach. Donghae notice this and he started talking again. “you see, hyukjae ssi, I really like you.” Im glad reapers doesn’t have rules about confessing to a human. Donghae thought and continue speaking. “you would give me a chance to prove myself?”

Hyukjae blinks more, then when the realization dawned on him he half smiled. “uhm~ donghae ssi, this is.. uhm. You know, the first time someone ask me out for a date. And someone confess to me, it wouldn’t hurt if I give it a try.” What am I saying? I don’t know anything about him except for he’s my daughter’s doctor. Hyukjae mentally slap himself. but this could be the time I would know something about him and besides I feel something fishy with him, the feeling of lost is not in me when he’s near. Hyukjae argues to him self.

“great! I would fetch you by 6. Is that ok?” hyukjae’s mental battle ended when donghae said this and reach out for his hand. Hyukjae just nodded, the feeling of donghae’s palm, it was cold. Cold as if donghae Is not a human. Then a tinge of information comes back to him. He saw himself kissing donghae on the very same room, part of him is telling him that it was a scene from days before. Is he dreaming? He shook his head and looks up to donghae;s smiling face, it was a wrong idea though, now his vision is focusing on the other’s thin lips. He pulls his hands away and smiles. “ok, see you by 6.”

Donghae walks out of the room and out of the house. , what happened? I wasn’t able to control the memories I took to him last time. What if he saw it and remembers who am i? My plans would be ruined. What happened to me? What did he do to me? I better take care or I’ll fail. donghae said to himself as he walks to his car. earlier when he hold hyukjae’s hands a sudden feeling of fluffiness erupts on his chest that’s why he wasn’t able to hold hyukjae’s thought and the information about taking his memories last time almost escape the good thing is donghae was fast and was able to hold it back before hyukjae discovers everything. He doesn’t know why it happened but only one thing is sure, he won’t let it happen again.

00000

“how was your rest siwonnie?” hyukjae asked siwon as they ate lunch. “good, I feel better. Now I have all the energy to accompany you all day.” Siwon smiled but frowned as he notice that hyukjae wasn’t paying attention to him. “hyukkie? You seemed spacing out again? Did something bad happen between you and donghae?”

Hyukjae shook his head. “no, actually he invited me to have dinner with him later.” Hyukjae looks up to siwon and saw the not so happy expression written on the other’s face. “NO!” siwon shouted in disagreement. Hyukjae was shock at the not so warm comment. “siwon?”

“you’re not going hyukjae! You know you can’t!” ok, siwon is not happy, he’s mad, he was furious, just by hearing that donghae invited hyukjae to dinner enraged him. He remembered their encounter at the hospital and by that he knows that donghae is not on something good. Donghae once unconsciously influence yuki to do something bad and he lost heechul, donghae doesn’t mean it part of him says but it was donghae who gives yuki the idea to end heechul’s life. it just started with a joke but yuki took it seriously which ends up doing it on purpose, she becomes selfish and thought that donghae’s joke about killing Heechul and getting siwon would be the best thing. He sighed as he looks steady at hyukjae’s direction. I won’t let him hurt you. I won’t let him take the most precious thing to me. he back away, not precious as a lover. I won’t let him hurt you because im your guardian angel, im just your guardian. He thinks in retort to his feelings. He can’t be fallen again, especially when hyukjae needs protection more than ever.

“but I promise him already siwon and you know me. Once I said yes, I mean yes.” Hyukjae tried to be strong despite of the anger that he could read in siwon’s face. Siwon sighed, he knows hyukjae. “I’ll come with you.” Hyukjae shook his head in disagreement. “sun kyu, be with sun kyu. She needs someone to stay with her. And I assure you nothing bad will happen, donghae is a doctor and you said it yourself before, you’ve been working together for years. Siwon, please.” Siwon was hurt as he saw the pleading look at hyukjae’s face.Why is he so eager to be with donghae? a pinch of jealousy grow on his chest but he brush it away. im an angel, im not jealous. Jealousy is evil. He thought and looks back to hyukjae, he can’t do anything, he will just pray that donghae won’t take hyukjae’s soul this early. He smiled.

“thank you siwon.”

00000

After the lunch hyukjae went back to his room thinking deeply, why is he so eager to be with donghae, ALONE. He sighed, he remember how cold donghae’s hands were but how melting his stares are. He blush, why is he blushing, he can’t explain everything.

Why am I feeling this towards him? and his lips, why do I feel as if I tasted it before? He slaps himself. oh my god, am I being ert?He blushes harder at the thought and eyes starts to water. Im sorry god, forgive me if im being ert. Im sorry. He prayed. And then he remembered the scene he saw when donghae held his hands. It seemed so real, as if he himself experiences it and not just a day dream. If it’s real, when did it happen? And why would I kiss him? are we together? but that’s impossible I only now him for weeks, just the week when I got kidnapped. Then he remembered the old man, he can’t help but feel sad again. By then series of memories come to him, the first meeting with donghae, the sad death of the old guy, the cold encounter with donghae, the confrontation, then there was blank, what happen to the confrontation? What did I ask him? He feels a stinging pain on his head. There is something missing, a very important detail he is missing, another train of memory comes rushing in, it was him and donghae, the other looks warmer, hyukjae could see it. He saw how donghae claim his lips, but why? There is something missing again, something he feels like he really must know, and the pain on his head sting him like a queen bee. And then he saw black.

The next thing he knew he was lying his back on the bed, he looks around and sees a familiar form facing the other side so he could only see the back, by the form he knows it was donghae, he sits up and the moving blankets made a ruffling sound that caught the attention of the other occupant. “you’re awake.” The other says the obvious and hyukjae nods. “what happen? Why are you here?”

“I supposed to pick you up by six right?” hyukjae blinks and looks at the clock on top of his bedside table. He looks sorry and was about to apologized when donghae speaks again. “it’s ok, it seems that you fainted and you’re very lucky that every time you would faint im near to you.” Donghae said half joking. You’re right. Wait, am I lucky or it’s not just a coincidence? Is it just a coincidence that you’re here every time something bad happens to me? Hyukjae asked donghae in his mind. Then he remembered the time, it was 6:45. He easily stood up.

“im sorry, I need to changed, we’re on a date right?” he said and donghae smiled. “it’s ok, I’ll wait for you downstairs. Take your time. I don’t want my date looking hassled. But don’t over do it, you’re pretty as is.” Hyukjae blush at the last statement, he felt his knees melting at donghae’s smile and sweet words, he sat on his bed with a heart thumping hard on his chest. But he moves quickly, he has a date. He rushed to the bathroom and starts to get ready.

00000

Why are you always near to help me? and … are you a guardian angel? are you my guardian angel. donghae, who are you? hyukjae thought as he glance at the other. They are on a high class restaurant that serves heavenly tasting food, good wine and a live band playing on the background, everything is romantic and perfect for a first date. You look so angelic. Hyukjae said to his mind as the stole another glance to donghae. What if you’re really my guardian angel? How could I love you? Should I love you? Should you love me? he mentally slaps his head. “you don’t like the food?” he hears donghae ask him he shook his head. “then why aren’t you eating?”

“im just savoring the ambiance, it’s pretty good, so much romantic for a doctor to choose.”

“does the doctor doesn’t have the right to be romantic? And im not a doctor now, im your date. “ donghae smiled, it was melting again. Hyukjae bow his head to hide the blush creeping on his cheeks. The other just chuckle at the cute movement that hyukjae made. They continue eating.

“eunhyuk.” Donghae whispered as the drives the car back to hyukjae’s house. “huh?”—“the old guy tends to call you that. He calls you eunhyuk. And it fits you, I agree to him when he explains it to me. he said ‘look at him and you’ll realized what I mean.’ And it’s true.” Hyukjae looks at donghae anticipating a better explanation. “you’re precious hyukjae, precious yet humble.” He stops the car right in front of hyukjae’s mansion. He looks directly at hyukjae’s eyes and starts to lean forward while hyukjae keeps on moving away with a blush on his face, he was so red a tomato would be shy. Donghae sighed, “can I call you eunhyuk?” he finally stops moving forward. Hyukjae just nod, then donghae walks out of the car and open the door for hyukjae, he reach out his hand and hyukjae grabs it shyly, “thank you for the great company EUNHYUK.” Donghae said and leans for a kiss to hyukjae’s hand. The other smiles “thank you for the great food donghae ssi.”

“drop the ssi, you can call me hae since im calling you eunhyuk.” Donghae gets on his car and waves goodbye. “bye hae.” Hyukjae waves back. Then he walks happily inside the mansion feeling giddy like a high school student having his first date. Wait it’s his first date indeed.

00000

Siwon on the other hand saw everything that happens; he really was hurting and curious, what you are up to donghae? But he shrugged it off. It seems like donghae would not take hyukjae’s soul so early, besides there is a rule that reapers should follow, never take someone’s soul when it’s not his time yet. but there is another rule that bothers him, it is to: never doubt to take it when it’s time. But then he knows that hyukjae has still lots of time, that’s why he must focus on someone else, someone, a human but more evil than a real evil. He looks at the piece of paper he was holding; I must protect hyukkie to this guy. I know he would do everything to kill him. Selfish humans, flesh hungry beings, he crumpled the piece of paper; it was another threat to hyukjae’s life from the same guy who tried to kill hyukjae. And he better focus to this guy rather than donghae.