Friends? Lovers?

To fill our empty hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had always been like this since young. Despite being "popular", people always talks to me for a reason. Wanting to lent my notes of classes, wanting to have someone's phone number or even just to get more popular. Except for Sana. She talks and hangs out with me for no reason. Just because we can get along. Just because we are friends. She's just so innocent and naive. Maybe that's why I'm able to tell her anything that I can't tell others. Maybe that's why I want to protect her with everything I have. Maybe that's why... I fell in love with her... We're friends... We are, but...

"How did you and Sana become friends?" Irene asked suddenly while eating and Taehyung let out a sigh

"Why do you wanna know?" He asked and Irene rolled her eyes

"You're the one who told me to make up our love story. Then you should at least tell me a bit about your life and situation, right?" She said a bit annoyed and Taehyung shrugged his shoulders.

"It just happened. You know she lives at our house and..."

"Wait, what? You two live under one roof?" Irene asked surprised and Taehyung simply nodded like it was the most normal thing ever. "Why?"

"Her parents were friends with mine and after they divorced, both side didn't want to take care of her. My parents took her in and you could say that we've been raised as siblings." Taehyung explained and Irene chuckled

"Siblings. Yeah right." Irene said and Taehyung put down his chopsticks down annoyed

"I'm not gonna say anything anymore if you continue like this." Taehyung said and Irene smiled

"But honestly, I didn't expect that. Sana seems really cheerful." Irene said and Taehyung smirked

"That's because she has me." He said and Irene rolled her eyes

"Siblings..." She mumbled and Taehyung cleared his throat.

"What about you and Yuta?"

"Me and Yuta? We are neighbors. We grew up together, that's all." Irene said and Taehyung looked at her for a moment before giving a small nod.

"Don't you have siblings?" He asked and Irene shook her head

"Yuta, do have a half brother though. But he has left home already to work."

"Half brother?" Taehyung asked and Sana nodded.

"His father married a Japanese woman two years after his previous wife passed away. His older brother was too young to remember his mom and they were raised like a normal happy family. So it's not that big of a deal." Irene explained and Taehyung nodded.

Taehyung immediately noticed some students walking past their table and he took an eggroll from his plate.

"Say aah~." Taehyung said and Irene looked at him with disgust.

"What're you doing?"

"Just do it." Taehyung muttered and Irene sighed before she took a bite of the egg roll

"Happy?" Irene said and shook her head

"But what're we gonna say? How did we meet and how did we start dating?" Taehyung asked and Irene thought for a moment.

"We met at the library and fell for each other first sight." Irene said emotionless and Taehyung stared at her for a moment before he smiled with disbelieve.

"How can you always say such things so simple and emotionless?" Taehyung asked and Irene shrugged her shoulders.

"Then what should I have said then?" Irene asked and Taehyung smirked

 

Irene stood on tiptoes and tried her best to reach the book on the bookshelf. She stretched her arms as far she could. Just when she thought she was about to reach that book, a hand appeared and took the book away.

" Hey! I wanted that..." Irene turned around, only seeing Taehyung's face, only inches away from her.

Taehyung who was also shocked stepped away immediately and the two looked uncomfortable away.

" I'm sorry. I just wanted to help you." Taehyung said and gave Irene the book.

Irene who slowly accepted it bowed a little with her head and looked at the handsome student.

" My name is Irene. Thank you for helping me." Irene said and Taehyung smiled

" No problem. By the way. You have beautiful eyes." Taehyung said and Irene blushed shyly.

" Yours aren't bad as well..." Irene said softly and was about to leave, but Taehyung took her by her arm.

" Wait!" Taehyung said and he immediately let her go when he saw that Irene was uncomfortable with the grasp.

" What's wrong?" Irene asked carefully and Taehyung scratched his head awkwardly.

" I'm sorry. I just wanted to ask you... do you believe love at first sight?" Taehyung asked and Irene widened her eyes.

" What? Love at first sight?" Irene asked and thought for a moment before she looked at him shyly. "I guess, now that you mention. Maybe I just did with you."

 

Irene almost choked on her juice and started to cough really hard. 

"Wait, what?! No way! Are you kidding me?! I would never say that!" Irene said while still trying to recover.

"It's possible." Taehyung said while shrugging his shoulders.

"But it does remind me of the fact I have to find a book today." Irene said and took the last bite of her plate.

"My next class is self-study. Should I come with you as your boyfriend?" Taehyung asked playfully and Irene rolled her eyes.

"Sure."

 

"What book are you actually searching for?" Taehyung asked while walking behind Irene.

"The biography of Marie Antoinette! I need it for history. I heard a new biography book about her has arrived in the library." Irene said and immediately started to search under new books.

Taehyung walked behind her and looked at the shelves above her that she couldn't reach.

Isn't this?

Taehyung was about to take out a book when he heard two familiar voices. Two voices that made him froze with a pain in his heart. A pain that he thought had eased a bit, returned like it never was gone. He slowly removed the book and saw Yuta and Sana sitting at a table next to each other through the hole.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter