We were meant to be....

To fill our empty hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry! I couldn't find my wallet!" Yuta said when he finally walked out his house.

"Seriously, can't you be on time for once? Normally it's the guys who wait for a girl you know." Irene joked while flipping her hair

"Sorry." Yuta said while running to her and the two directed to school

This guy here is my childhood friend. His name is Yuta. My mother is a single mom so she was often not at home for work. Because of that I often went to eat with the neighbours which were Yuta's home. I think I've spent more time with Yuta's family than mine. From kindergarten to high school, nothing has really changed. Yuta was awkward and shy while I'm more talkative and outgoing. Our personalities may not match 100%, but we are able to fill what the other is lacking. That's why since young I've believed that we are meant to be.

"Irene. I actually want to tell you something." Yuta said nervously

"What? Is it something serious?" Irene asked, but Yuta shook his head.

"It's nothing serious, but it is important for me. Since you're my friend, I wanted to tell you first." Yuta said nervously and Irene smiled

"Say it. What is it?" Irene asked and Yuta took a deep breath.

"I think I fell in love with someone." He said and Irene stopped all her movements.

We are meant to be... that's what I thought.

"Irene. Are you alright? Is it that surprising?" Yuta asked and Irene immediately shook her head with a smile.

"It's nothing. I'm happy for you." Irene said with a big smile

"Thank you. There's actually another reason why I told you this. Since you're a girl as well. Can you help me to chase her?" Yuta asked and Irene froze again.

But apparently... we're not...

"Hey, we'll be late. Let's hurry up." Yuta said and Irene gave an awkward smile

 

Irene took the book she wanted from the bookshelf and started to think of the words that hurt her

Who... is she?

Irene's grip on the book tightens and was about to leave her fingerprints on the hardcover before someone took the book out of her hands. Irene immediately looked next to her and saw Taehyung, the extremely popular student from the class next door. He was browsing through the book nonchalantly before putting the book back in the bookshelf.

"I needed that book." Irene said and Taehyung smirked

"I don't think you do though"

"I do" Irene responded cold and was about to take the book back before Taehyung took it out of the bookshelf again, but put it higher this time.

Too high for Irene to reach. Irene sighed by his action and looked a bit irritated at him.

"Excuse me. I think this is the first time we have a conversation in this 3 years. Is there something you want from me? Are you perhaps interested in me?" Irene asked and Taehyung smiled a bit

"I'm not interested in you."

"Then what?"

He was silent for a moment and looked at her from head to toe.

"You... like that Yuta guy right?" Taehyung asked and Irene was silent for a moment.

"That's none of your business." Irene said and turned to walk away from him.

"You don't wanna know who the girl is that he likes?" Taehyung asked which made Irene froze.

"I don't." Irene said and walked fast away

Taehyung who was left behind looked at the book he put away

 

Irene walked back her class in and sat down next to Yuta

"I'm sorry. I couldn't find the book." She said and Yuta furrowed his eyebrows.

"You went to search the book I wanted?" He asked and she nodded

"Yeah. Sorry. I couldn't find it." She said and Yuta ruffled her hair

"Who asked you to search for it? I'll find it by myself, but still thanks." Yuta said and smiled

That smile... the smile that makes me fall for him, even more, every time he does...

"But Yuta... who is she actually... the girl you like..." Irene asked carefully while packing out her stuff.

"Aaah her... Sana from class E next door. We work together at that restaurant as waiters." He said shyly and Irene's grip on her bag tightens.

Sana... The average looking and clumsy girl from the class next door... Why...? Why her?

"I'm sorry. I gotta go to the restroom." Irene lied and Yuta nodded.

"Sure." He said and she walked the classroom out fast and the moment she was out of it, she immediately ran to the girl's restroom.

She immediately opened the tap and washed her face as hard as she could. Trying to wash away the tears that were about to fall out. She then looked up at herself in the mirror.

"Sana... No way that I'm gonna let them become a couple..." Irene muttered

"Aren't you afraid that you're gonna ruin your make-up?" Irene heard someone say and immediately looked at the door and saw that it was Taehyung.

He was leaning at the door opening and Irene let out a sigh.

"I don't wear make-up. Besides, this is the girl's restroom." Irene said and immediately start to dry her face with the tissues.

"There's no one here, besides you though." He said while letting out a chuckle. 

Irene tried to ignore him and walked past him, but Taehyung took her by her arm.

"Come with me." He said emotionless and pulled her with him.

"Wait! I don't want to! "Irene tried to pull away, but then Taehyung stopped walking and turned back to face her.

"Look at your face. You're sure you wanna show your face to him right now?" He asked firmly and Irene looked at her own reflection from the window.

Her eyes were red and her hair at the front was also wet. Taehyung took that as a no and continued to pull her with him. The two ended up at the rooftop before he let her go.

"Why did you bring me here?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter