It's not that complicated

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my lil's munchkinszzz!!! Your useless authornim is back with another new chapter!!! Okay. So im a girl of my word, as promised, i'll update more than 2 chapters for ya'll for the waiting this long people! I'll update by the night i think and one more for tomorrow afternoon. This i can promise!

 

I've finally finished my god damn exams period so ill try to write as much as possible becuase during this holiday I'll be busy again. I love to travel and do different things to venture more on the unknown things that i've never tried before but its worth to try cuz ya'll only LIVE ONCE people. In ADDITION, my assignment of homework and projects have been double so no rest for the wicked. 

 

Lastly, thank you for kindly voting for this story and the number subscribers are incresing slowly.  You dont know how much it means to me! Thanks you ya'll. Really. Thanks for waiting especially this useless author who has been on a long hiatus.

 

Anyway, enough with the chitty chat chat, enjoy this boring story that your author has wrote. Hopefully the story is not boring. >.<

 

USAGI out!

 

Author PoV

 

“Mr. Lee! It's been a long time.”

 

“Yes it has! I would say it's been three months since we've last saw each other.” Mr. Lee flashes his jovial looks on his face.

 

“I couldn't be happier. Our business has been growing exponentially. I hope we’ll be emerging more products in the future.” Mr Jung exceptionally shakes his hands with Mr Lee before sitting back on his chair after reviewing the reports on their new sales for cooperating with the Lee’s company.

 

“Indeed. Let's order something to eat first.” Mr Lee grins as Mr Jung nods his head in agreement. After placing their respective orders, the waiters closed the doors, leaving both of the late fifties men their private space to have their talk.

 

“So, may I ask why you're eager to set an appointment with me to talk in private, old friend?”

 

Mr Lee painstakingly sets his coffee cup aside, sighing in defeat. “Actually, I was thinking that we’re not growing any younger and since you're such a good friend, I thought maybe our kids could get married.” He said bluntly.

 

Mr Jung scrunches his eyebrows, stirring his drinks to calmly assess his decisions carefully.

 

“I don't want to sound rude but it's not like I never heard of his ‘habits’ too. You can't blame me if I have my doubts.”

 

Mr Lee nods his head as he could fathom on what his friend is implying. His son is a clubber who slept with countless of strippers and he never restrict his son per se since he was always busy with work. “I know. But the issue would also apply to yours as well.”

 

Mr Jung sighs. As much as he most likely doesn't want to admit it, Krystal is notorious for being a playgirl. Not to say she would always party all night kind of girl, it's just, the main complication with his daughter is that she changes her boyfriends like she's changing clothes. None ever lasted long, mostly just break ups in good terms less than 6 months to sum it up.

 

But he never doubts Krystal's decisions. Despite her young age, she's studies and she'll tend to get more serious if it's work-related. Her current position is to over take partial part of the company. Due to her smart and witty side of hers, she has brought a lot of profits to the company.

 

This also implies to Jessica as well and she on the other hand, is on her way to assume his mantle, adding another burden in directing Blanc & Enclare while continuing her studies. Jessica’s character is exactly parallel to a tiger that cannot be tamed, her aura is what makes her partake the dominant role in business society. In terms of relationship, she's no different than Krystal. Sigh.

 

But, simply to say, they are perfect fit role models for the younger generations whereby they have similar personalities. The only differences between them is that Jessica is socially outgoing and likes to party with her best friends while Krystal is totally contrast to her sister’s personality.

 

“I don't know. My daughters are currently in a relationship right now.”

 

“Relationship or not, it doesn't guarantee our next lineage. Think about it, if our kids married to one another, this means we can also merge our companies as well.”

 

He cups his chin, purposely let his tie a little loose while tapping his fingers.

 

“True. But it's their decisions to make Lee. Marriage is not something simple. We're talking about a lifetime commitment with no escape clauses here. I can bear to see my daughters breaking up with each and every guy they meet but marrying is totally a whole different level.”

 

It's rather clear to say that Mr Jung wants an in-law that'll good care of his daughters, despite his lack of presence at home, but still he loves his daughters very much to the point he'll give them their private space to learn to fall in love. Unlike his worst timing to be dragged unwillingly into a marriage.

 

However, this doesn't sit well with Mr Lee. He needed more power and his real intentions is to amalgamate his company with Jung’s company. After all, the Jung’s Corps is prominent for being Top 3 of Asia’s largest company. Better not waste the chance. What's more the two Jungs heiresses are flawless and their looks won't fail to capture men’s heart in a beat. Adding that they’re the greatest prime in handling the business in such young age would surely be a great one plus one deal for Mr Lee to have such charismatic in-laws.

 

“I see. But I would hope you'll reconsider about my proposal. Perhaps a few blind dates will do and maybe with a little push, who knows, they'll like each other.” Mr Lee pursues on with his statement while smiling innocently at his friend.

 

“Okay. I'll try to ask them, then.” Mr Jung said in approval.

 

 

 

 

Amber PoV

 

My eyes are glued to the screen while my fingers never seem to leave the keypad of my Mac book.

 

I'm designated to be poor so if it ponders you how did I got the Mac book, it's because I won the international math quiz three years ago. I do take my chances.

 

Now is my break time. Mind as well just finish my homework first.

 

“Amber.”

 

“Hmn?” I purr but yet my eyes are affix onto the screen with my right hand scrolling to every direction there's to it while the left hand is on stand to click onto the next tabs. But I could feel my shoulders are being poked in a rapid speed and it annoys me since I'm still busy with my projects.

 

“Amber!”

 

“Wae?” I frown, but my irritation dissipates when I see Kevin standing just next to me, holding my favourite bubble teas, smirking while shaking the bubble tea, signalling me to ditch my project for a short time and join him instead.

 

“Oh, I see. You don't love me anymore, boo.” He teases, purposely pucker his lips, feeling dejected by my antics for nearly blowing up on him.

 

This time, I avert my gaze from screen, bluntly spill the words in a pleasing manner. “Sorry. I was- you know, pre-occupied. The deadline is getting close and I'm still doing the report.” I hissed, expressing my stress while heaving a long sigh.

 

“Arraso. I forgive you. You should take a break. Wouldn't want to see a grandma llama.” He chuckles, pulling my arms to the table next to mine, unfolding the plastic bag and kindly put my favourite bubble tea on the table.

 

“Thanks oppa. I appreciate it.” I show him my old toothy grin, taking the bubble tea, popping it with a straw before sipping the sweet solvent to my taste buds. It feels like the sugary solutes are taking its course of actions in generating and re-activating my tired brain cells.

 

“What happen to you the past few weeks?” Kevin starts to sound his concerns.

 

“I was. . . It's just. . . You know, I had to solve some family matters.”

 

“And it takes up to almost a month?”

 

I click my tongue. Kevin is the last person I had to tell. He worries more than my juniors and he'll get over sensitive if he finds out anyone harms me. At one point, when he saw me, being bullied by other kids, the sweet and caring Kevin metamorphoses to a scary gangster who'll lash his inner beast towards anyone who's in his way.

 

“Amber, you can tell me. You know that I'll always be there for you.” Kevin speaks softly, gently caresses my hands with his eyes meeting mine.

 

“I know. But it's not something serious. Don't worry.” I shrug it off.

 

“See? That's WHAT I'm worried about you. You thought it's okay but it's NOT.”

 

“I know. Oppa, can't I have some peace of mind? I'm tired.”

 

“Arraso. But if someone is really bothering you, don't ever hesitate to tell me.” Kevin said with much enthusiasm portrayed.

 

“Aigoo. Oppa, since when you're so overprotective of me?” I giggle, pinching his cheeks.

 

He scowls, shoving my fingers away for treating like a kid. “Since you helped me when we were kids.” Kevin replies back.

 

“We were kids back then. It wasn't a big deal.”

 

He grasp onto my wrist. “But it's a huge deal to me.” He answers sincerely from the bottom of his heart.

 

 

I recall back when we were juvenile in kindergarten, he was rather timid and quiet, always prefer to selectively seclude himself at the corner of the classroom. When I first came up to him, he was reluctant to speak to me in the first few weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Until one fateful day, immediately I spot him scattering behind the backyard like a lost kitten. I quickly jumped into the scene without hesitation, asking him what he was doing since curiosity got the best of me.

 

“Leave. It's none of your business.”

 

“Did you lost your stuff?” I asked spontaneously, ignoring his remarks.

 

“. . .” His silence made me thought that it's probably a yes?

 

I continued on my conviction, “Because if you did lost something, mind as well include me. That way, we’ll find your stuff faster.”

 

“You're a pain.”

 

“Okay, let's find the your stuffs then.” I chirp giddily, heading to the busy to look for the lost item.

 

“Whatever. Suit yourself.”

 

Since then, we spent our afternoon searching for his heirloom passes by his mother. We finally found his heirloom in a pit that was way deep for our us to reach after a week has passed, much to his disappointment.

 

“Its just a cheap useless object. It's not that important to me. Let's just forget it.” He said coolly but deep down my 5 years old self is quite aware that those words coming straight from his lip is a big fat lie.

 

That night, I snuck into the school compound, dropping the ladder into the pit. As I descended down the pit, it gets darker and darker. I was stubborn, because all I care is to get the heirloom.

 

After finally overcoming the hurdles, I finally discover the heirloom. Eureka! Upon returning back to my tracks, it started to rain heavily and I loss my balance when I was halfway ascending to the top. I shout all the way preliminary before hitting my head onto the rock. The vision was blurry and I just passed out.

 

Luckily, there's a guard on duty who responded to my shrieks and rushed to the to pit, shinning his torchlight to the bottom of the pit, passing as he found my little lifeless body laying on the dirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Boo!” Kevin calls out, driving my thoughts away. “What were you thinking?”

 

“Our past.” I admit.

 

He grins silently while sipping his drink. “I see. But thanks to that, I saw you in a new light.” He chips happily, soon replacing to a long distant daze when he shows his soft smiles on his lips.

 

I gulp my saliva. Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter