Abnormal Day?

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal PoV

 

 

The sunlight is shining so bright that the fact itself is so irritating in my eyes. I squint my beady eyes while groaning, rolling myself to the other side of the bed.

 

“What time is it?” I ask myself, fumbling to reach my phone on the drawer beside my bed but there no drawer.

 

“Huh?” I mumble, lifting my head groggily with my half beady eyes.

 

My eyes scan around the room and it's very unfamiliar for me to recognise. My dressing mirror table that used to be filed with make up is not here, rather this room is quite simple, neat and a bit boyish. I bolt up from my spot, feeling my feet snuggling cozily in the warm blanket.

 

Did I crash by at Kai’s place last night? But it doesn't look like his place. Kai’s apartment is too messy to be neat.

 

Then my mind just flash before me, a memory of Minhyuk; my ex-psyco boyfriend who just gone berserk out of nowhere and nearly assault and choke me. Slowly the next memory flashes back to the next scene, Amber.

 

Oh, now I remember. The nerdy girl who helps me out last night. She's very nerdy I admit but I could recognise her from the start; the only handsome waiter who always comes to take my order; mainly because of the gel is still on her hair and I could still remember her familiar scent, a milky strawberry body bath. Don't judge me, it's kind of my habit.

 

Last night, she asked me if I was upset or not but I was clearly having a hard time trying to digest the familiar air around her as if I have met this person until she came back with the warm barley in her hands, smiling at me like the waiter that would always give me the most sincerity in her eyes.

 

I don't think she knows that I'm the regular customer who comes there often since I always wear a black mask last night and I change my clothes after exiting the café yesterday after all.

 

My body feels rather comfortable with the current clothes. I turn to look and it's a white oversize t-shirt. Must be hers since it's smells like hers.

 

My eyes widen, checking underneath the t-shirt. I exhale in relief. She just undo the torn shirt that the sick bastard caused yesterday and the rest of my garments are still intact.

 

I jump out from the bed, intending to walk straight to the door but I stop for a moment when I pass by a figure who seems to be sleeping soundly on the mattress.

 

I scan the dork from head to toe. I find myself snickering with her cute Pokemon pyjamas while the other hand is hugging a llama doll close to her chest. Seriously, she's really is a cute dork. I could see her scrunching her nose with her bangs covering her eyes. Her hair is not too short per se. It's just long enough to cover her face.

 

But, I feel bad. She's the owner so she has to sleep on the bed but, she takes the mattress instead.

 

I decide to take a step forward, walking out from the bedroom.

 

The living room is rather cozy for a single person to live in. Although its smaller and less fancier than mine but it emits a homey comfort that has a fusion of modernity and 19th century laid back style, making me safe and sleepy too. The living room is connected to the kitchen area it seems.

 

I check on the clock, hanging on the wall and it shows the time is 8 a.m. I don't want to wake my saviour up since she carried me all the way back to her apartment and so I decide to explore the place. As soon as I find the basin with a mirror, I gasp as I see girl with a monkey kind of messy hair sticking out like a radar, in addition with the face I'm having.

 

Then something catch my attention when I turn my gaze to see a paper, sticking onto the side of the mirror. I take the paper in my hands.

 

 

[Dear Krystal,

 

I'm pretty sure I'll wake up late so I put a spare white brush in the Pokemon cup next to the basin. You can use the cleanser too. Don't worry, this cleanser works with any type of skin. I've asked the salesperson more than 3 times to confirm about it.

 

Oh and breakfast is in the fridge. I'm not sure what kind of food you like, just grab whatever you like and heat it up the leftover food for 3 minutes in the microwave. You can grab the milk if you want.

 

Cereal is up in the second shelf.

 

Btw, your phone’s at the dining table.

 

-Amber- ]

 

 

I grin with her cute drawings to add along.

 

I realise that the cleanser is quite new along with the toothbrush. Did she keep these just in case someone came to sleep over? I shake those though as I freshen myself up.

 

Walking to the refrigerator, I notice a bowl of japchae and another bowl of paste stew which are wrapped with plastic; portions for two persons. There're side sides too, bulgogi,egg rolls with sesame seeds and kimchi.

 

I drop my jaws in awe. Wow. She really cook well. But I notice the food is not really frozen, more like it's slightly warm. Huh? It's like the food has been recently cooked. Are these really leftovers?

 

I brush the thoughts for later, taking all the food out from the refrigerator along with the milk.

 

I narrow my eyes. Even the milk is new. I scrap the paper and throw it into the dustbin but there's only one crumbled paper beside the bin. It looks like a receipt.

 

For once, I pick the paper next to the bin out like a decent human being I am, flattening out the paper to see the contents.

 

My hunch was right. She bought the ingredients and it's really really long. Oh my god.

 

Beef meat, cleanser, toothbrush, vegetables, milk, soybean paste, onions and so on. When did she buy all this? Does she knows someone is coming? My eyes scroll down the receipt and I could see the time printed on the paper; 1: 35 a.m from the XXXmart.

 

The heck! From here to that mart is thirty minutes walk. Wait, the puzzles is all coming together now.

 

I think after she tucks me to bed, she went out to the mart to buy stuff. Then coming back with the ingredients, she must have been cooking and I estimate that might be two hours.

 

Then I go to check on the plates in the shelves to confirm my suspicion and it's still slightly wet. Adding the fact where she washes the mess she made, wow, she must have slept like 5 in the morning!!!!

 

I don't know why but I feel really really really guilty and touched. I'm not sure, it's a mix feeling that I get. Even my past boyfriends are not that hardworking to do these kind of stuff. Having an event with flowers on bed is not their handiwork and we tend to order the food delivery or calling for room services.

 

This is the first time after all these years, someone did something for me using their own effort and with their own will. She's awfully sweet and caring. I bet her lover is lucky to have her.

 

It's been a while since the last time someone cooked me a home meal. A part of me felt something warm and fuzzy. Maybe because my parents doesn't come back home often and my sister is busy with her work. Sigh.

 

I sit right on the chair, taking some empty plates from the shelf and cutleries from the drawer, placing each types of food into my plate, making sure the portions are even.

 

I slurp the glass noodles first and boy it's superb, the spicy sauce that coats the meat along with stringy glass noodles to very savoury! The bean paste stew is just perfect for my taste, soft tofu, crushed potatoes that dissolves in the stew, enoki and shiitake mushrooms with meat that's boils and seeps in the broth; simply delicious. Side dishes like bulgogi with soft texture of the egg rolls; this is paradise. Homemade meal are the best!

 

She makes a great cook!!

 

It's so good. I keep on eating the food till there's no speck of remaining in the bowl. Wow. I think this is the first time I have ever finished the food, since I always dine in fancy restaurants for dates and I tend to leave the remaining of the food in the plate.

 

I wash the dishes, putting them back on the dish rack for them to dry. I take my phone on the dining table, turning on the device.

 

Miss calls and messages from Sulli, boyfriend, other friends and sister.

 

I have no mood to talk or even text to anyone right now. I better check on the nerd.

 

She's still dead sleeping. Well I can't blame her. She must be tired from cooking and cleaning everything by herself. She's too nice.

 

Well, I might as well go home but I'll stay for a while, for now.

 

Then my phone buzz, right in my pocket. I could see the incoming call is from my boyfriend, Kai. I step out form the room, pressing the call button, just so he won't have to wait at my doorstep.

 

“Hey, baby. Wanna grab breakfast? I'm at your door?”

 

I slowly rub my tummy. God! I'm too full to walk now.

 

I thought for a while, maybe keeping last night incident a low profile would be the best choice. Who knows it'll attract unwanted attention which makes the nerd uncomfortable since I'm the famous in the campus; not that I want to brag about it but it's a fact.

 

“It's okay, babe. I ate cereal this morning and I'm really full. Sorry.” I lied.

 

“It's fine. You wanna’ watch a movie?. . . Or come to my place? I don't know, as long as we hang out,oh?”

 

I pause, bitting my lips as I try to be quick-witted in solving this case. “Babe, I'm tired. All the assignment is taking a toll on me. I want to sleep, please?” I said cutely just to coy him.

 

Every time we go out on dates, we just have to end up in a hotel, or at his bed in his apartment. I'm tired to do that right now.

 

“Okay.” He said in disappointment as he continues on muttering, “Then I'll see you tomorrow, since tonight I'll be joining an opening ceremony with the boys.”

 

“Thanks, babe.”

 

“Anything for you sweetheart. Goodnight and don't let the bed bugs bite~” he said in an aegyo tone to capture my heart. I find him adorable doing that but honestly it just doesn't seem to flutter my heart; maybe the other girls will have their hearts meltdown but I'm just the black sheep among them.

 

In the first place, I dated him because he told me to give him a chance, proving his love for me. Seeing that he looks like a decent person than Minhyuk, I decide to say yes in consideration after he confess to me a billion times last year. Well, I did liked him at first but the spark died down quickly too. I don't want to be a pest about it, it's just, after bedding me, he's not into the relationship bonding anymore but more into physical kind of thing. Get what I mean?

 

I walk back into the room, glancing at the dork. She's sleeps so well and peaceful. Seeing her makes me so sleepy too, wonder why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author PoV

 

Amber groans as she flutters her eyelids, her head turning to the sides along her body but she feels so heavy to move a flinch. The llama plushie is in her embrace.

 

Her tummy feels so warm and it's quite addicting especially under the cold weather. She tries to turn her face, only to find a . . .living breathing goddess that is spooning her from behind. Her skin seems to radiates under the lights, her hair that dangles across her face illuminates like golden brown yet she cuddles so tight to her like baby koala. She gasps in shock with how close they could be, bolting out from her space

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter