chapter 02

Parallel of Actions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]chapter 1 - her world[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]                Flashing, colorful lights, a loud beat that was almost deafening, hot temperature, sweat, bodies – almost always – unintentionally grinding against each other. That was the night club where Solbi was having what was her definition of a good time and fun. It was already past four in the morning, her feet were hurting due her high heels, she was feeling hot due her fur vest, but it didn’t stop her from keeping on the dancing floor.
                “A drink, cutie?” a boy managed to approach her, shouting in her ear.
                “Get lost,” she shouted back with an odd smile.
                He stared at her for a couple of seconds and left to try his luck with another girl.
                “Solbi-yah!” a feminine voice reached her ears.
                She looked around and saw the friendly face among all those people.
                “Oh, Gayeon!” she smiled and squeezed her way through that sea of bodies.
                “Let’s grab a drink,” she said while gesturing and took Solbi’s hand.
                The crowd was being left behind while the two girls reached the stools at the bar.
                “Same as always?” Gayeon asked.
                “No.” she turned to the young man behind the bar. “Two tequila shots, please.” she smiled widely.
                “Seriously? You’ve changed a lot in a couple months, huh?” she said and Solbi shrugged.
                “What you’ve been doing? I haven’t seen you much around.”
                “I’ve spent some time abroad. I went to every club they told me to, but no club is good like the ones in Seoul.”
                “Really?” Solbi asked, genuinely surprised.
                “I’m used to here, you know. They were good, but home is home,” she said and the barman placed two little glasses in front of them.
                “Night ends in two hours, c’mon,” Solbi took a glass and handed Gayeon the other.
                They drank their shots at the same time, excitedly shouting right after, and left the glasses on the bar counter. Soon they were back to the dance floor, and earlier than they would ever want to, the sun was rising in the sky.
                The morning traffic had already reached its peak. Solbi and Gayeon were in a taxi cab, heading for a breakfast at one of the fanciest restaurants in Seoul.
                “Are you sure it’s ok? I mean, we look wasted,” Solbi laughed.
            

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter