Lingering Glance

May Be It Is Like This

Something changed in me after that day. It was like when you were shown an eyes illusion painting, at first you would not notice anything and it would look like some meaningless messy painting but once you found the pattern and shape you would never be able to erase it from your brain. Whenever you saw the same painting, the image will appear immediately.

 

I think that was what happened to me, I didn’t notice it though. I started to notice things about her, for example when I came across articles about her while surfing the nets, I would casually click on it without thinking twice, like I did when I came across articles of someone I knew or found an articles with interesting title. Another example is when I took subway. I couldn’t help but notice when there were posters of her advertising in the station. In the past, I had walk past it hundreds of times but never paid attention to it, it was just like a blurry background, but now whenever I walked past those posters my gaze will unknowingly hold for another second on it.

 

Time past by after that, season changed, I did my work and so did she, and we have not been in a same event again. I was still following her news sometime, still unaware of the increasing attention I put on things related to her.

 

On the mid of the year, she confirmed to join in a project with Cha Tae Hyun Sunbaenim from my agency. I could still remember how happy my sunbae when he got the news of her casting, he must like her very much. Well, she is well known as a talented actress and nice person. It would be nice if I could also work with these two sunbae and learn from them one day, is what I thought at that time, not knowing half of my wish would be granted in the near future.

I did some drama during the year, building myself as an actor. My last drama became quite a hit. It was all thanks to all the people who worked hard with me for the drama to be so successful. Through the drama I gained more good review and came with it was also fame. Bringing me closer to the project that was like a gift from the moon.

 

After I finished my last drama, I received many offering for new drama and among them was one drama which was said to be adaptation from a web novel and I fell for the crown prince character right away. It was such a challenging role and moreover it was a period drama. I always thought to try one if I have chance, now that the chance was sent to my front door, I decided to take the challenge. It was the best decision I have ever made. I was the first one to confirm as part of the cast, while the casting of other role was still on process. The production team was having a hard time deciding on the female lead, they mentioned several names but nothing was decided, I even heard from my manager that they also mentioned her. Since the casting was still not finalized, I had some spare time to rest before started preparing for the drama. During the time, I attended some award ceremony and in one of them I met her for the second time.

 

I came right behind her at the red carpet and both of us were wearing blue, what a coincidence. Looks like she lost weight and her hair has grown long. She wore a simple blue dress, but it really suited her, she looked beautiful. If she looked strong and a bit boyish on our first encounter, this time it is feminine and graceful, she looked good in both theme. Something that didn’t change was her smile, it is still as bright as before. While she was doing her interview, I stood at the side waiting for my turn while of course paying attention to the conversation in front of me. Her interview was very short, but carried a refreshing carefree atmosphere. I wish she would take the drama offer, was what came to my mind at that time. It must be nice to be working along with someone with happy vibes like her. After they finished with her, I walked to the interviewer as she walked away into the venue still with the big smile while shaking her fans' hands. Again, unknowingly my glance lingered on her distancing back for a few more seconds.

 

Inside the venue we didn't get a chance to exchange greetings. Once again we just brushed past each other, just like that our second encounter passed without a single word.

 

Writer note:

It took me quite long to write this chapter, hope you enjoy.

There were many things to consider while I write the story so I wanted to thank my readers for your patience.

I just notice I haven't even once mentioned the narrator's name until now.

Please bear with my grammatical errors.