Exchanging Smile and Bow

May Be It Is Like This

It was such a brief encounter, the kind of encounter that people wouldn’t normally remember, but our first encounter was carved in my memory and I can still remember everything in details.

That day I was invited by my friend to his movie VIP Premier and she was invited too, now that I think about it I should have thanked this friend because he was the bridge that connected us for the first time. After the red carpet I go into the theatre and took my seat. As there was nothing else to do, I started to observe people who walk into the theatre and after two or three persons, she appeared in the doorway. She was my friend former co-star, Kim Yoo Jung, with straight shoulder length hair and simple attire and make up she looks pretty and cute. She appeared to be looking for someone, maybe her friend. Her gaze stopped at someone several rows below my seat, after she found her friend, a smile appeared on her face and she started to walks up to her friend. Without me realizing, my sight was following her as she walked up the stairs to her seat, while walking she keep smiling, bowing and greeting the people she know.

When she reached the row of her friend’s seat, our eyes met. I immediately felt sorry because looking at someone for such a long time is indeed impolite, moreover if it is someone you don’t know or ever met before. But what surprised me was she bowed and smiled instead of being displeased, our distance was not too far and I could see that her bright smile reached her sparkling eyes, her smile felt so bright, warm and genuine. I returned her smile and bow automatically and then she turned to take her seat.

That was the story of our first brief encounter that was so simple, without any words and with only smile and bow, but unforgettable. Only long after that, I realized that I unconciously have let her smile took a place in my heart and mind.

---------------------------

Writer;s Words : I'm not good at writing so please excuse if it is not so good. English is also not my mother language so please bear with the gramatical mistakes. Lastly, hope you enjoy the product of my imagination