Standing in This Place

My love story

-In school-

When me and Nana and Raina were walking through the hallway, we saw on the notice board a poster informing us about the singing competition that Dambi unnie was talking about yesterday. It included the date, time and place. “Why is the school suddenly doing a competition?” I wondered “Probably to advertise the school? To get people to enter this school maybe?” Raina said. “hmm… yeah maybe.” “Any of you going to participate?” Nana asked. I quickly pointed at Raina and said excitingly “Raina is hehe, I can’t wait! She’s going to sing the song she composed.” “Oh you compose, I can’t wait to hear the song” Nana smiled. “Hehe thank you, I think I need to go and see Miss Kim to tell her I’m going to take place in the competition. So I’ll leave you two alone.” We then all waved, Raina walked off to the staff room to find Miss Kim.

Suddenly, a girl who is in Nana’s fan club walked up to me smiling, there were people following the girl, I felt a bit uneasy. She then started to talk to me “Thank you.” I tilted my head sideways confused on why she’s saying thank you to me, I expected something more like “stay away from Nana she’s ours!” or something. Then she continued “Thank you for making Nana more outgoing and talkative. Sorry for the hate before, we thank you so much. We really admire you, some of us are even you fans.” She smiled and so did the people behind her, they also nodded agreeing on what she was saying. “Oh does that mean Lizzy has finally got a fan club?” Nana asked excitingly, the girl nodded and smiled to Nana. She bowed then walked off. “Yayyy!! You got a fan club! You deserve it” Nana said jumping up and down while holding my hands. “Why are you so happy? Shouldn’t you be sad that I’m going spend more time with my fans?” After Nana heard me say that she stopped bouncing, she then pouted sadly and said “you wouldn’t do that… would you?” “Haha of course not, babo. I will spend my time with you.” The bell went; I then gave Nana a quick peck on the lips, Nana then blushed, it was the first for me seeing her blush, and she’s so cute. I took her hands and said “come on lets go to class.”

Days are just flying past. Every break time Raina is practising her singing, she’s trying her best. She won’t let us listen to her practise, she told us to wait till the competition.

Today is nice and sunny; it’s the day where the competition takes place. The stage was all ready and set up outside, seats all in rows for the audience to sit. Me, Nana, Mir and some other students from our school were helping out to set the place up, while Raina was getting ready for her performance. Dambi unnie walked up to us and said “Thank you Nana and Mir for helping.” “No problem, I got dragged here to help” Mir said while looking at me. “What? You didn’t have to come if you didn’t want.” I said while glaring at Mir. We were both having a war through our glances, and then Nana stopped us by tugging my hand pulling me towards the front seat. “Let’s sit here, so we could see Raina better.” I nodded then sat down, Mir then sat next to me. Everyone started to sit down, even the people who walked pass sat down. We all waited till for the MC to walk out to start the competition. The MC was Miss Kim the music teacher that was in charge of this competition. She greeted and thanked everyone that arrived here; she then started to call up the first participant, there were only ten participants. They were all given a number; Raina was the ten participant, the last one.

“Nine participants have performed, now it’s time for our last participant, Raina.” Miss Kim introduced Raina, Raina walked onto the stage. Everyone applauded, Raina bowed and said “Hello I’m Raina and I’m going to cover a song. I wrote the lyrics, I hope you enjoy it.” Then the music started playing.

“All these scattered memories as I think of it,

It was these memories that brought them all back.

The times that passed by,

The first excited feelings of love, for you.

Now you can tell me everything.

I failed to speak,

My heart was full of secrets.

 

For you, last night was a dream of your shining smile

The day you went away

Always for you, my shy heart belongs to you.

I’m standing here

 

Close your eyes and whisper to me

When you are gone, this song will be only for you.

I open my eyes once again,

You are on my mind and every step that I take

Now you can tell me everything

But I’m too clumsy to tell you what I’m thinking.

 

For you, last night was a dream of your shining smile

The day you went away

Always for you, my shy heart belongs to you.

I’m standing here.

I’m standing here,

That day you went away

 

Now you can tell me everything,

I failed to speak up,

My heart was full of secrets.

 

For you, last night was a dream of your shining smile

The day you went away

Always for you, my shy heart belongs to you.

I’m standing here.

 

I waited a long time, searching for hope

And then you came, like a silver lining

When you were tired, I left you alone.

I was always there. I’m standing here.

The day you went away.

The day you went away.”

 

When Raina stopped singing and the music stopped playing. Everyone stood up and started clapping; some were even moved in tears. Mir tapped my shoulder and asked “This song is so sad, what happened to Rania’s past?” “Her ex cheated on her basically.” “Oh… he must have hurt her really bad.” I nodded, and then turned back looking at the stage. All the ten participants were all stood up in a line. “There are ten different buttons; please walk up and press the button on who you want to win and please only press once.” Miss Kim told the audience the rules to vote, everyone left the chair to vote.

After ten minutes, everyone had voted. “The winner has already been selected. Who’s going to be the winner? I have the winner’s name on this paper.” Miss Kim said showing everyone the paper but not the side with the name. *dugeun-dugeun* a drum roll was playing “And the winner is…”

 

- to be continued -

it's been a while since i updated...haha mianhae >.<

and the song is 이곳에 서서 (Standing in This Place) by orange caramel and Raina did actually write the lyrics haha XD

the English lyrics above is the translation of that song

Well hope this chapter made sense and hope you enjoyed this chapter, i don't know when i will be updating next please anticipate.