Beep

Civilizing Oh Sehun
A week later after Haebin’s interview, all was good until a notification flipped the entire house upside down. 
 
Beep
 
Sehun and Haebin spun their heads towards the sound and stared awkwardly at Haebin’s phone that was resting on the counter.
“D-Didn’t you say beep-“
“Means someone emailed me…” Haebin reached for her laptop and opened up her email. She rubbed her palms together and closed her eyes. “I hope its the company,” She whispered.
“It is! It is!” Sehun excitedly read the subject line aloud. “Welcome to Seoul Magazine! He turned to her and smiled. “Haebin! Look!”
Haebin sat by his side in shock as the merman continued reading the rest of the message.
 
Miss. Haebin Lee,
Welcome to Seoul Magazine! Congratulations on receiving the only internship opportunity! You are the only candidate out of many who match all of our requirements. The team is excited to meet you and we are even more ecstatic to see what you can bring to the table- which is why we are giving you your first mini project through this email!
 
Haebin gasped. "A-Already?"
Sehun read on. 
 
You will be working with the "Dining, Nightlife and Shopping" subteam with a focus on restuarants. Your task will be to explore Seoul and report back on any undiscovered restuarants with great menus, staff, or even just places with an interesting story and history behind it that need to be exposed to the world. Please come prepared when your 6 week internship begans.
 
Best,
Seoul M Team
 
Haebin couldn't believe her eyes or her ears. "Oh my gosh!" She jumped up and clapped her palms to her cheeks. "SEHUN!"
The merman stood up with her and smiled brightly. "See? You did it!"
She bounced up and down on the couch with a freakishly happy grin. "Sehun! Oh my gosh!" She didn't know what to say. Haebin was on the verge of tears, she had wanted an opportunity like this for long she didn't know how to react now that it had happened. 
Sehun wrapped his arms around her and stared into her eyes. "I'm very proud and happy for you, Haebin."
She hugged him back and frolicked in his arms. "Is this for real?" Haebin clutched her heart. "I'm going insane!" She screamed. 
 
Sehun watched as she hopped off the couch and ran around the apartment, releasing all her energy. He laughed. "Haebin, don't play too rough! You're going to get tired!"
She didn't care. Haebin grabbed her phone and jumped on her bed as she called her aunt.
 
"Auntie!" She beamed. "I got it! I got it! I got an internship with Seoul Magazine!" Haebin squealed into the phone. "They want me!"
"Really? That's awesome! You get it girl!" Mrs. Lee said, there were sounds of customers and chatter in the background. "Your parents would be so proud of you,"
"You think?"
"I know," Mrs. Lee put a hand on her hip. "Tell you what, bring the two idiots over and I'll close the restuarant early. We can have a little celebration!" 
"Aw, would you really do that just for me?"
"Of course!" Mrs. Lee chuckled. "Do you know how hard you worked for all of this? Being Baekhyun and Chanyeol over, we'll eat and drink all night- your internship doesn't start tomorrow, right?"
Haebin shook her head. "Of course not!" Then she turned around and eyed the merman. "O-Oh, auntie, there's someone else I want to bring."
"Who?"
"There's someone I'm living with now, he moved in with me a while ago." Haebin said. "His name is Sehun, he's great. He's super supportive of me and everything that I do, and I think I owe it all to him that I got this internship." 
Mrs. Lee gasped. "My goodness, is that why you've been running out of side dishes so quickly?"
She smiled. "Yeah," 
"Is something going on that you'd like to tell me?" Mrs. Lee knew right away that something was different. 
"Like what?" 
"You talk about this guy differently, compared to all the people you've talked to me about, Sehun seems..." Mrs. Lee raised an eyebrow. "Is he...more than a friend?"
"W-What?" Haebin turned back around. "N-No," She whispered.
"Do you want him to be?"
Haebin gawked and almost slammed her phone down onto the counter. "I-I'll see you soon, auntie!"
 
Sehun sat on the couch and waited patiently for the conversation to end. "Haebin..."
"Yes?"
"Wow..."
Haebin furrowed her brows and smiled awkwardly. "What?"
"You didn't curse! Not even once!" The merman noticed. "What happened to my potty mouthed Haebin?"
She looked at him. "It's your fault," Haebin mumbled.
 
Your innocence.
Your pureness. 

And how adorable and wholesome you are... it's rubbing off on me and I don't mind at all. 

 


[a/n]: comments are much appreciated!