You're mine and I'm Yours

Civilizing Oh Sehun

“W-When did I become yours?” Haebin flushed pink and looked up at the merman. “My Haebin?”

Sehun quickly became jittery. “H-Huh?” He stammered and looked down at her. “I-I saw…” He didn’t know how to put it in words for a moment. “I see it on TV! The girls like it when the guys say “my” before their names, you don’t like it? I can stop-“

“F-Fine! Call me yours then…” Haebin crossed her arms indifferently and continued walking down the street. She turned around and pointed to him. “That means I can do the same to you, right?”

“Huh?”

“My Sehun?”

The merman nodded. “O-Oh! Okay! My Haebin! My Sehun!”

“T-Then it’s set! I’m yours and you’re mine!”

“Okay!”

She smiled and playfully spun around. “I’m faster than you!”

“Not!” The merman quickly caught up to her, wrapped an arm around her as he propelled themselves a few feet forward.

 

The street was already noisy and full of life, but soon, the giddy laughter of Haebin and Sehun joined in with the city’s ambiance harmoniously.

 

“Aw man, I wish the boys were here.” Sehun poked his nose into a menu, they were at an Italian restaurant in the middle of Seoul, he lowered the menu and eyed Haebin. “Too bad they’re all the way by the sea,”

“Why?”

“To celebrate!”

Haebin raised an eyebrow. “Celebrate what?” She gasped. “Is it your birthday?!”

He shook his head. “Nope,” Sehun nodded his head towards her. “You,”

She chuckled. “What is there to celebrate?”

“I have a really good feeling about this interview!” Sehun leaned in. “It must be merman intuition.” He whispered. “Like…Like what you ladies call sixth sense.”

Haebin laughed and shook it off. “Then how about this?” She made a deal. “If I do get something out of this interview then we can all go out one day and have tons of fun.”

“R-Really?” Sehun smiled cheekily at the idea. “I guess we’ll be going out real soon!”

 

“Are you guys ready to order?”

 

Haebin turned her attention to the waitress. “I’ll have the carbonara,”

“Can I have shrimp scampi?” The Merman asked.

“Of course,”

“Thank you.”

 

Haebin couldn’t help but smile. He’s so ing cute. She sighed. How dare you be so cute, how dare you-

“Haebin, how about drinks? Do you want anything to drink?”

“Oh,” She cleared and ordered the first thing she saw. “I’ll have a cranberry juice cocktail.”

“Were you thinking about something?” Sehun asked as the waitress left.

She nodded. “You,”

“Me?” Sehun didn’t understand what she meant. “Why me?"

“I don’t see a lot of guys like you,” Haebin admitted. “Especially since I’m friends with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, you’re so pure and sweet and…polite, it’s cute.”

 

---

The duo arrived at Haebin’s apartment around midnight. Haebin was exhausted from the long day- both mentally and physically, all she wanted was some sleep but her wishes to go to bed were cut when she saw her two best friends by her doorstep.

“What the?!” Haebin looked down the hall as she stepped out of the stairway. “Baekhyun? Chanyeol?”

“Hi Baekhyun! Hi, Chanyeol!” Sehun waved his hand and happily chirped at the two guys. “What are you guys doing here this late?”

Haebin sighed. Goddamnit why does Sehun never run out of energy and why the hell are the village idiots here? She turned around. “I’m so tired; please tell me I’m imagining things…”

Sehun turned her around. “Afraid not! I think Baekhyun and Chanyeol are here to hang out!”

 

Baekhyun stood up immediately when Haebin came close. “Do I mean nothing to you?! I mean, do we mean nothing to you?”

Chanyeol flew up as well. “Mhm, how could you change the pass code?”

“I didn’t change the pass code,” Haebin pulled a key out of her purse. “I broke the machine; I have to use a key until the landlady does something about it.”

The two stood there with a poker face, they suddenly looked so dumb.

Haebin could hear the two bickering with their teeth clenched.

“I told you something was up when the numbers didn’t light up!”

“I thought we were just pressing the wrong ones!”

Haebin shook her head. “My god, how did any of you graduate high school let alone college?”

 

The two boys split up upon entering Haebin’s apartment. Chanyeol followed Haebin into the kitchen area while Baekhyun took a seat next to Sehun on the couch.

 

“Baekhyun, can’t you come back some other day? Haebin is tired; she had a really long day.” Sehun looked at Haebin from across the room. “She had a crazy interview and we spent the entire evening in the city.”

Baekhyun his teeth. “Ugh, I sat outside for two hours just to get kicked out-“

“My Haebin needs some sleep! Humans need to recharge, ya know…” Sehun pointed to himself. “Mermen too,”

“What?”

Sehun nodded. “We need to rest too!”

“Wait, what!” Baekhyun held his hand up. “M-My Haebin?”

“Yea, my Haebin.”

“Oh my, what is going on?”

Sehun tilted his head to the side. “What do you mean?”

Baekhyun shifted over and whispered. “Are you guys dating?”

“What’s that?”

“Um, in k-dramas when you see the main leads together, and they’re all cute and loving, that’s dating. So, are you dating Haebin?”

Sehun shook his head. “We just call each other that,” He grinned. “Wanna be mine, too? You can be my Baekhyun!”

“Oh no! No thank you! Nope! I’m good!”

“Why?”

Baekhyun scratched his head. “Uh, because you’re already Haebin’s?”

“Oh, okay!”

 

Chanyeol dug through the pantries before his phone vibrated in his pants.

 

BRO. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE. HAEBIN IS SEHUN’S?

 

He quickly texted back:

Wdym

What do you mean?

 

Baekhyun’s fingers typed quickly.

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT SEHUN CALLS HAEBUNNY- MY HAEBIN, HE SAID. HE SAID “MY HAEBIN!”

 

Chanyeol furrowed his brows before nudging Haebin. “Uh, um…”

“What?” Haebin offered her cup of tea. “Do you want some?”

“No,” He shook his head. “It’s about Sehun.”

“What?”

“He...calls you…”

“My Haebin,” Haebin said as if it was the norm. “And he’s my Sehun,”

“Oh my goodness, do you guys like each other?”

“Nah,”

“Are you sure?”

Haebin nodded. “Positive.”

“Do you like him?”

She shook her head. “He’s a merman!” She whispered.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. It’s painfully obvious that you guys are head over heels for each other but alright. “Why don’t you guys just date?”

“Why would we?”

She didn’t get the hint. “, I’m friends with two idiots.”

Haebin scoffed. “If I’m the idiot, what does that make you?!”

 

Chanyeol didn’t have time to whine or scowl at her comeback. He quickly dragged Baekhyun out of the apartment and into the halls.

 

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” He asked.

Baekhyun nodded. “They have bloody nicknames now!”

“Dude! Do you know what this means?”

“What?!” Baekhyun asked. “The rom-com and love tag of this fanfic are finally in effect?”

“No!”

“Then what?”

“The ship is sailing but the two captains of the boat don’t know what the they’re doing!”


[a/n]: it's super late here in NY- 3:15 AM to be exact 

but i really wanted to update so im sorry for any mistakes! I'll proofread tomorrow~ 

 

ANYWAY- comments are much appreciated!