Running Errands

Civilizing Oh Sehun

“Can I go outside?”

Haebin lifted her head to see Sehun sitting by the window. He’s been in here for a few days… “Actually,” She closed her laptop and stretched as she got off the couch. “Let’s go run some errands, together.”

“Errands?”

“You know… we can get groceries? Let’s get you a phone!” Haebin suggested. “So when you get used to being in Seoul, you can go out whenever you want. And if you get lost or need me, you can call me!”

Sehun nodded. “Okay!” He got dressed in a flash, he was in and out of Haebin’s room within minutes changing from his pajama shorts to sweats that covered his long legs. He stuck his foot in a pair of sneakers that once belonged to Chanyeol and waited patiently by the door.

“Let’s get you some clothes too; you’re going to be one fly guy!”

“Fly?”

Haebin linked her arms with his. “It means you’re going to look so cool!”

“I like that!”

 

Swipe

Swipe

Swipe

 

That’s all they did all day. It was one purchase after another. The brand new iPhone 7 plus was a foreign but fascinating object in Sehun’s hands.


PAUSE. TIME FOR A PSA-

This is not the author speaking, a matter of fact, this is Baekhyun.

Let’s clarify some

Yes…Sehun has an iPhone, okay? Hold ya , yes, sehun has an iPhone. This character that lives in Seoul, South Korea, has an iPhone!!!

I p h o n e ! ! !

Before y’all lose your heads and whatever, listen: it’s because ivy has one too. I know, I knowwww! She used to be a Samsung fanatic BUT after writing The Vow? She got curious! The main chick in The Vow was an iPhone owner too before marrying the CEO of Samsung (it’s a long story go read it if you’re still hung up on it)

But anyway, yes, Ivy got an iPhone and now it’s all she knows. She doesn’t even know what Samsung’s newest phone is TBH.

So yeah she gave Sehun and iPhone because opening another tab and searching up Samsung’s latest product? AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME


 

“Whoa! It’s me!”

Haebin stuck her head next to his and looked at the screen. “That’s a camera, it captures whatever you see on the-“

Snap

“Gack! Oh, my! Delete that picture! I look so bad!”

Sehun held the phone close to him and shook his head as he grinned mischievously. “It’s our first picture together, I can’t!”

Haebin wrinkled her nose. “Fine, fine…” She eyed his brand spanking new kicks. “How are your sneakers? Do you like them?”

Sehun nodded as he held up a huge Nike bag. “But was it necessary to buy this many?”

“There is no such thing as too many.” Haebin looked at the time. “Okay! Mission accomplished, we didn’t spend all day shopping for clothes and shoes. Let’s get groceries! My fridge is dry!”

“D-Dry?”

“That means there’s nothing in it,” She dragged him along. “Now I gotta shop for two people with a ravenous appetite!”

“I love food!”

“Me too!”

 

Sehun discovered a new and profound love for supermarkets the moment he walked into one. There were endless rows of ramen, a beautiful array of shrimp chips, and countless flavors of ice cream.

“Whoa,”

Haebin couldn’t help but crack a smile. The merman was innocent, he was naive and wholesome. “I’ve never met anyone as pure and harmless as you,” She said. “It’s cute.”

“Oh! Oh! Can I have one of those?” He whispered.

Haebin laughed and nodded as she reached for a cart. “Wanna push it-“

He grabbed the handle of the shopping cart and pushed it down an empty aisle.

“Be careful!”

 

The merman had a blast walking through all the aisles. Slowly but surely, they filled up the cart with ingredients they needed.

“Can we carry all this?”

Sehun lifted the cart up off the ground. “Yep!”

Haebin gasped. “Oh my gosh! How did you do that?”

“I think I’m pretty strong…”

Well for someone who swam everywhere for years, it wouldn’t surprise me if he had a body made of steel. “Do you miss swimming?” She asked.

“A little, but I can go for a swim anytime I want. Your apartment is near the sea, remember?”

“Let’s go tonight, I’ll bring you there!”

“Really?”

“Promise.”

“Then we should get home as quickly as possible!” Sehun looked around. “Do we need anything else?”

“Oh yes!”

 

When it came to the supermarket, no matter how blissful and beautiful all the junk food was, it came with a catch. Reality came and smacked the merman in the face.

“We need-“

Culture shock - part 2, came crashing through the supermarket walls when they reached the live seafood section.

Haebin gawked. “!” She whispered.

Sehun stared at all the fish and gasped. He saw the crabs and the lobsters stuck in crowded cases full of water. “Oh no!”

“S-Sehun,”

“M-My friends!”


[a/n]: comments are much appreciated!

*ahem* um so this is chanyeol speaking and while baek was ranting, i did some research and apparently samsung's newest phone is the galaxy s8? yeah just letting y'all know