Crush

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by curlynomad

It's so rare to see BTS/EXO fics, Thank you!! Could you please do a story featuring Kyungsoo/Jimin as a couple? I think it would be great if Jimin and Kyungsoo meet back stage or at the Idol Championships and Jimin flirts hard with Soo but Kyungsoo being the serious person that he is doesn't notice the flirting and Baekhyun or Chanyeol point out the obvious later. Kyungsoo gets shy but then agrees on a date with Jimin. Also, BTS members making fun of Jimin because of his failed flirting skills would be great also. Thanks!!

 

Word count: 1764

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin would like to think that he’s good at flirting when he’s really not. He gets easily flustered and shy, stuttering over his words but most of all the person who he’s trying to flirt with just think he’s being cute which but there wasn’t really anything he could do to change the way he looked, not that he wanted to anyway.

 

But there were times when he amused the thought and these were one of those times.

 

You see, Jimin just so happened to have a crush on someone that he had admired and that person just happened to go by the name Do Kyungsoo otherwise known as EXO’s D.O. He wasn’t quite sure when it had started but he knew that something was definitely going on inside his head after he had binged watched the older man’s dramas, movies and fan cams. At award shows and performances his eyes always stopped on the man and he couldn’t look away however when it came to speaking to him he could scurry off like a little mouse trying to hide from the hungry cat.

 

s, being well aware of his little crush, made sure to endlessly which led to his face burning a deep red in embarrassment.

 

He spent hours in the mirror rehearsing scenarios where he would run into the older man in an effort to talk himself up and gain confidence for the time where he actually had the opportunity to go up to the man and talk to him, possibly flirt and hopefully get his number, or at least make his crush known and hope that maybe it was requited as well?

 

Which is why he was sort of freaking out when he went backstage during ISAC only to see Do Kyungsoo, his crush, standing only a few metres away from him, alone, with no signs of s in the near vicinity.

 

After thinking about whether or not he should approach the man he takes a deep breath and puffs out his chest in a display of confidence, confidence which soon begins to fade away the closer he gets to Kyungsoo, especially when Kyungsoo looks right at him and flashes him a polite smile making Jimin want to drop to the floor and melt into it.

 

When he reaches the older singer there’s a short pause, one that is slightly awkward as Kyungsoo was obviously waiting for Jimin to say something while Jimin was having a mental crisis trying to decide what he should say. Confess his undying love came into his mind before he squashed that thought because that would be creepy, especially when he had actually never had a conversation with Kyungsoo before.

 

“Hello Kyungsoo sunbaenim.” Jimin greets finally, bowing in respect for his senior.

 

“Hi, Jimin right?”

 

Jimin nods and suddenly feels the confidence that he had lost walking over to the man coming back because he knows his name! He could jump for joy.

 

“I wanted to say that I really love your voice, it’s my favourite.” Jimin says, a brilliant smile on his face and a glint in his eye that anyone could recognise, all but one person.

 

“Thankyou.” Kyungsoo says, accepting the compliment

 

“I love your acting as well. Your character was super interesting!” Jimin continues and Kyungsoo can’t help but smile back at the younger singer and Jimin nearly swoons at how gorgeous it is.

 

“Your smile is beautiful.” Jimin says and Kyungsoo tilts his head to the side, looking the every bit of a curious owl.

 

“Thankyou.” He says again not really knowing what else to say. Thankyou was the acceptable response when complimenting someone, wasn’t it?

 

“How are you finding the games?” Jimin asks, hoping to prolong the conversation with his crush and maybe see if he was interested as well.

 

“They’re okay I guess. I’m not participating in any of them so I’m just here for support mostly. I’m not good at sports anyway.” Kyungsoo answers, looking around to see if he any of s were around. They were supposed to meet him back stage.

 

“Ah don’t be like that! I’m sure you’re great at sports.” Jimin says and Kyungsoo just gives him the look. “Uh, but anyway, I would love to have you cheering me on.” He reaches out and lightly taps Kyungsoo on the arm and mentally cheers in success when Kyungsoo doesn’t seem bothered by the brief moment of contact.

 

“I highly doubt that.” Kyungsoo mumbles and Jimin is about to see something then all of a sudden they see a crash and look over to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun lying face first in the ground. Kyungsoo just looks at them completely deadpan. “Those idiots.” He says under his breath before looking back at Jimin apologetically. “I need to go and deal with those two. It was nice talking to you Jimin.”

 

Kyungsoo waves as he walks over to his two band members who scramble up and bolt. Jimin waves as well and when the older man is out if his sight he slowly lowers his hand, a dejected look on his face. He had thought he was doing pretty well but Kyungsoo hadn’t seemed to respond to him. Maybe he would have if they were given more time to talk but he didn’t know if he would ever be given another chance.

 

He’s taken out of his thoughts when he feels the presence of multiple people near him. Turning around he sees s standing there, all with identical looks of amusement and mischief on their faces and Jimin immediately pales.

 

They had heard the entire thing.

 

Jimin just wants to curl up and die already because he’s never going to hear the end of this. It will haunt him forever and he doesn’t have to wait long for it to begin.

 

“Oh sunbaemin!” Jungkook starts.

 

“I love you so much.” Teases Taehyung, pikcing up from where Jungkook lift off.

 

“Please love me too.” Seokjin finshes, his clasped hands held under his chin and eyes blinking at him in an exaggerated manor which has the members laughing.

 

Scrunching up his nose Jimin lashes out with his foot attempting to kick any of the members however all of them manage to dance away out of his reach and even the threat of physical harm doesn’t stop them from teasing him about his failed attempt at flirting.

 

Jimin wants to hide away and never face the world again.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Honestly, Kyunsgoo was so done with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Chanyeol mostly but Baekhyun wasn’t far behind.

 

Why couldn’t they not embarrass themselves and the others around him for just ten minutes? Then again, he supposed those two didn’t know the meaning of shame so embarrassment was a completely foreign concept to them.

 

After chasing – more like speed walking – after the two of them he managed to round them both up and chastise them for not behaving, something which they were both used to and knew that Kyungsoo did it not because he was angry at them but more because he was fond of them and this was just one of the ways in which he could show them.

 

“So,” Baekhyun drawls after Kyungsoo had ‘disciplined’ them, “I saw you and Jimin were having a chat.” He said and Kyungsoo side eyed him.

 

“Yeah. He came up to me and we talked.”

 

“Just talked?” Chanyeol asked and Kyungsoo looked at the taller man, confused.

 

“Uh, yeah? We talked. It was nice.”

 

“Seriously?” Baekhyun raises an eyebrow like he couldn’t believe what was coming out of his mouth causing Kyungsoo to frown because was he missing something?

 

“Can you really not see it?” Chanyeol questions him and it just leaves Kyungsoo more confused.

 

“See what?”

 

That seemed to be the wrong answer for both Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at him like he was some sort of alien that they had accidently stumbled upon in the woods late at night.

 

“Dude, he was totally flirting with you.” Baekhyun says and Kyungsoo’s eyes widen.

 

“What? No he wasn’t!” Kyungsoo protests.

 

“Ah, yeah he was.” Chanyeol say like it was obvious.

 

“Kyungsoo, your voice is so gorgeous! Kyungsoo, you’re so good at acting. Kyungsoo, your smile makes me swoon. Kyungsoo, you’re my world! Kyungsoo, be mine!” Baekhyun imitates in a childish voice, also deciding to add his own interpretations of their conversation in the mix.

 

“Shut up Baekhyun. That was not how it went and when has complimenting someone meant they’re flirting with them?”

 

“Uh, since always.” Chanyeol says matter-of-factly and Kyungsoo just stares at him.

 

“His body language seemed pretty flirting to me as well.” Baekhyun says and he would know. Baekhyun was great at reading body language.

 

Still, Kyungsoo finds it hard believe that Jimin was flirting with him. Like, why would he? What’s to like about him?

 

Seeing his expression Baekhyun’s gaze softens, a smile but reassuring smile on his face.

 

“I probably shouldn’t tell you this but I overheard a conversation Jimin and Jongin were having.” Baekhyun begins and Kyungsoo’s eyes settle on him. “Jimin and Jongin were talking about you, more specifically, Jimin’s crush on you.” His eyes pierce into Kyungsoo’s own. “He likes you, Kyungsoo and I think, even if you haven’t realised it, you like him to.”

 

Kyungsoo starts to turn red. It has to be true because Baekhyun wouldn’t lie to him about something like this. That would just be cruel.

 

Out of the corner of his eye he catches sight of movement. Turing his head slightly he sees BTS walking past but his eyes are only for one person and that person is looking straight at him. Seeing that Kyungsoo is looking his way Jimin smiles and with the knowledge that he has now Kyungsoo’s face gets even redder but he does managed to smile back before he shyly ducks his head.

 

Over to the side Baekhyun and Chanyeol are just smiling at the interaction, subtly fist bumping behind their backs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night as Jimin’s lying in his bed after a shower his phone lights up. Thinking nothing of it he picks it up just thinking it’s a message from one of s only to nearly drop his phone when he reads it.

 

From: Unknown

Hi, it’s Kyungsoo

Jongin gave me you’re number, I hope you don’t mind

 

Jimin feels his heart pick up speed inside his chest and when his phone lights up again it nearly jumps right out.

 

From: Unknown

Do you want to meet up sometime?

I think we should get to know each other

 


Just a short one this week. I also want to say that this may be the last of my weekly updates. I haven't quite decided yet but if I do I'll make sure to let you all know. I've been pretty busy this week so I haven't had a lot of time to do anything. University starts next week and I'm already crying like I don't want to go back but I sort of do at the same time. 

I just want to mention there's a BTS oneshot I've been working on that may possibly be out this week so if you're interested keep a look out! I'll also link it next time I update as well so don't worry :3

Episode 5 of Idol Producer was such a roller coaster of emotions. But I'm happy and thankful that all of my babies made it through this time. I only hope they can make it to the end. I'm so happy that Quanzhe made it into the top 10! He totally deserved it though. 

I went to the gym a few times this week and I'm actually really enjoying it more than I thought I would. I've gone a few times by myself and a few times with my friend and I definitely like it better when I go with my friend. The feeling is just completely different and we have fun and chat and it's just nice :) The atmosphere is also quite good and the people are nice to that's a plus.

EXO had their press conference for the closing ceremony and I just can't until they perform! I watched Red Velvet's performance and they were amazing! Sad that Joy couldn't be there due to filming but it was still a great performance none the less. They looked so good as well ^^ My Countdown albums should be arriving soon and by the looks of it we'll be able to order BTS's Face Yourself album soon :D

I also want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNG HOSEOK YOU PIECE OF LITERAL SUNSHINE! 

See you all next time!