Coming Out

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request from Bobpaulle

Basically an EXO member is either in a relationship with a BTS member or is a best/close friend. They come out to Rapmon

 

Word count: 1515

 

 

 

 

 

Namjoon wondered when he became the one everyone would come to when they needed advice or just a listening ear. Sure, he could get pretty deep, spouting his philosophies or telling lessons he had learnt through music and books but it puzzled him sometimes. Seokjin, Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung would share their worries as easy as a leaf would fly with the wind. Jungkook tended to keep to himself, growing up to fast in a city that was unforgiving, his walls built up as high as the building that surrounded him. He cared more about others then himself.

 

Yoongi… now Yoongi was a man that only really spoke about himself when it was done through music but even then it was hidden. He wasn’t one to let his emotions shine through. It wasn’t often that he would let himself go. It was always Namjoon who he turned to, one of the only people in the world he would let himself go and allow to see the weak side of him that was hidden behind a front of indifference.

 

Yes. He wasn’t sure when it had happened but he was glad that they trusted him enough to tell him everything.

 

It wasn’t a secret that they were close friends with other idol groups. It was practically impossible for it to happen, they were both idol groups at the height of their popularity. Taehyung, like always was the social butterfly, talking to anyone and everyone. He was the first person to bridge the gap between EXO and BTS. He and Baekhyun could pass as brothers, or as the fans like to say ‘mother and son’. It was only natural that as time went by their groups would become more integrated. Namjoon was the only one that hadn’t really formed a solid connection with anyone, even Jungkook had managed to get close to the maknae’s – Jongin and Sehun – which was honestly a recipe for disaster. Junmyeon came the closet but even then he wouldn’t exactly call them friends.

 

So it came as an absolute surprise when Jimin had said that Chanyeol would like to speak with him. Actually, if he was telling the truth it had been more of a shock than a surprise. He also wouldn’t have been lying if he had thought that Chanyeol wanted to speak with him about something music related – he knew that the older man was an aspiring composer/producer/song writer and Namjoon could tell that he had a lot of potential.

 

Now, even though Namjoon didn’t know a lot about Chanyeol he knew that the older rapper was usually happy and smiling, the perfect picture of an excited puppy but looking at him now Namjoon couldn’t see any of those qualities in him and it was… startling to say the least. No, he was like a ball of nerves, eyes lowered to the ground and shoulders hunched. He didn’t look anything like the six plus foot tall man that he is.

 

Jimin leaves them both in his room alone and Namjoon doesn’t fail to notice the comforting pat the small dancer gives the tall rapper which tells him that whatever is on the others mind is serious, at least to him. Chanyeol stands there awkwardly, as if he doesn’t know what to do with himself. Namjoon decides to put the poor boy out of his misery.

 

“Here, why don’t you take a seat?” Namjoon points to the chair opposite him making sure to smile comfortingly at the male. Chanyeol does as he’s told. Even when he’s seated he still looks uncomfortable and unsure. “Jimin said you had something you wanted to talk to me about.” He says.

 

Chanyeol looks up at him with those big eyes of his, bottom lip caught in his teeth. He seems to be deciding whether or not he should speak, whether or not he should spill what had obviously been worrying him to the point where he needs to confide in someone who is closer to a stranger than a friend.

 

Finally, after what seems like an eternity Chanyeol speaks. “Jimin said that you were the one to talk to. That you wouldn’t judge.” He says. “He also mentioned that you give some pretty good advice and right now, that’s what I need.”

 

It’s then that Namjoon notices just how tired the other looks. There’s deep bags under his eyes, a snap back adorning his head which covers the dishevelled hair underneath it, a look which is familiar. He’s seen it on all of their faces before. The schedules that he they do that to you. It’s a part of the road to fame, something which a lot of them hard learnt the hard way.

 

Chanyeol takes of his hat and runs his hand through it and takes a deep breath. “I’m gay.” He says bluntly and Namjoon just blinks, outwardly showing no reaction. Chanyeol seems surprised at by it and stares at him.

 

Inside of his own head Namjoon now realised why Jimin had sent the older man to him. While he hadn’t specifically stated it, the fans were well aware of the fact the he supported equal rights for all, which included ual orientation. s were well aware of his stance, them all having talked about it many times before, a view in which they all shared.

 

Namjoon can tell by how the other reacted that he hadn’t ‘came out of the closet’ to very many people, but had told Jimin who in turn had brought Chanyeol to him.

 

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” Chanyeol questions, a slight shake in his voice.

 

“What do I need to say? I don’t see anything wrong with it.” Chanyeol’s jaw drops, like he hadn’t expected that answer. “I don’t know what other people have told you but who you decide to love is none of their business, it doesn’t matter what anyone else says.”

 

Namjoon gets up and moves to sit next to the older man, placing a comfortable hand on the others back. Namjoon wasn’t someone who was overly affectionate but he knew that a reassuring touch can go a long way.

 

“How many people have you told?” Namjoon ask, curious.

 

Chanyeol clears his throat. “Um, my sister, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Jimin, Yoongi somehow found out on his own and, ah, you.” He says. To be honest he wasn’t surprised that Yoongi had figured it out. He was pretty perceptive when it came to things like that, despite popular belief.

 

“You haven’t told Junmyeon, or your members?” he was surprised but honoured.

 

“I don’t know I just can’t, I just can’t bring myself to do it. What if it doesn’t go well? What if it completely destroys our friendship and the group? What if it gets out to the public?” he says and there’s fear in his eyes. Fears of losing the ones closest to him.

 

“I’m not going to sugar coat this. There will always be who will be disgusted, people who will put you down and cast you out for something as little as you being you, but you also have to remember that there are people who will love and support you no matter what. The ones who really love you will stay, and that’s when you really know who deserves to be loved and cherished by you.” He says, Chanyeol caught in his every word. “Now, don’t think I’m telling you what you should do and who to tell, it’s yours to do what you want with, whether or not you keep it hidden or reveal it is completely up to you. Just know that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with you. You’re Chanyeol and that’s all that matters.” He finishes.

 

There are tears in Chanyeol’s eyes and Namjoon watches as they fall. He’s silent as he lets the older man cry. It’s all he could really do. Chanyeol had the courage to come to a near stranger to reveal one of his biggest secrets so it was the least he could do.

 

When he’s finished Chanyeol wipes his tears with the sleaves of his jumper. His eyes are red and puffy from crying but there’s a small smile on his face, not as big as what Namjoon’s used to seeing but it’s a smile none the less.

 

“Oh god, I’m sorry.” He laughs, embarrassed but Namjoon just waves him off.

 

“Don’t worry about it.” He says, his own smile on his lips. Namjoon takes out a slip of paper and a pen, writing something down onto it and giving it to Chanyeol. “If you ever need someone to talk to, don’t be afraid to give me a call.”

 

“Thankyou.” Chanyeol takes the slip of paper gratefully. They talk for while after, the subject moving towards music before the elder leaves, much happier than what he had when he had come.

 

 

 

 

 

(Namjoon starts to find his favourite Japanese snacks placed in his room. If anyone else notices the looks passed between the leader and the small dancer no one mentions it.

 

And no one had mentioned just how much busier his phone had become.)

 


Sorry about the lack of updates on this and 'Mutt'. I've been really busy. I've started University again and I have so much to do. It's the first week and I'm already doing prac, the workload is just insane. This and 'Mutt' will be updated but I can't promise when it will be. I am completely swamped at the moment but when it slows down I'll be sure to get more out.

I'm not completely happy about this one. I wrote it in like 30 minutes and it didn't really turn out the way I had originally planned it but I couldn't think of any other way to make it go so I just decided to post what I had already done. For everyone who has requested, I will get yours done, but again I can't give you any promises as to when that will be. I hope you all are having a great day :)