Protective

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Hallyu_1

Genre: Fluff, Angst, ABO

Basically EXO and NTS are the rare idol packs that have an Omega (Jin and Minseok). They both go thorugh a lot of struggles being Omegas. So they always make sure that the other is safe. They also look out for the other rare omegas (this part in optional but basically I can’t get the idea of them being guardian angels to other Omega’s of other packs like Jeonghan of Seventeen, Hyungwon of Monsta X, Ren of Nuest and Winwin of NCT ect…). Basically, what happens if them being overprotective parents of each other and other Omega’s.

 

Word count: 3423

 

 

 

 

 

Omega’s were rare so to speak but they definitely weren’t extremely common. They were greatly outnumbered by both Beta’s and Alpha’s, with Beta’s making up the majority of the population, Alpha’s coming and second and Omega’s in third. Omega’s had a dark past. In times long since passed Omega’s had been treated at objects, expected to bow down to Alpha’s and Beta’s and obey their every command and bear children.

 

It had taken hundreds of years for Omega rights to finally be recognised and the day that they had been officially recognised as equals by the law had been a day to celebrate for Omega’s all over the world and while that may have been a while ago there were still those who believed that they were lesser because of their so called ‘submissive’ nature.

 

 

 

Minseok

 

Minseok’s life hadn’t been easy. As the first born son in his own little family he was expected to carry the family name, his family’s hopes and dreams placed upon his shoulders which is why it was such a blow to them when at two years of age his Omega nature had been discovered. Despite it being the news that they weren’t expecting they still loved him none the less. He was their child after all.

 

When he was three years old his little sister entered the world and Minseok doted on her. She was a beautiful child and shared many of the same features as Minseok did.

 

When she was nearly three years old her own Alpha nature was discovered and it hadn’t really come as a surprise to anyone. While Minseok had been a happy and outgoing child he often strayed away from rough play scenarios, something which his sister flocked towards. She became his parents pride and joy. Now, don’t get him wrong, he knew they loved him but even at six years old he could sense that the way he had been treated was different and as they got older it only grew more apparent.

 

She would be given luxuries that he hadn’t even been asked about. Her achievements seemed much more significant that what his did. Minseok had learned that despite being older than his sister by a full three years, because of his status she was above him. He hated it. Why should he be treated any different just because he was an Omega and she was an Alpha?

 

It only got worse outside of his family unit.

 

He was a chubby child, something which carried on all throughout elementary school. He would often get bullied for being a little chunkier than the other children and amongst that he would also be bullied for being an Omega. He became a target for those who liked to pick on others for their own amusement.

 

He was only one of seven Omega’s at his elementary school and all seven of them faced their fair share of hateful words and actions. Mostly they would try to ignore it (they had learnt that telling a teacher or the principle would lead then nowhere and only make it worse), often flocking towards one another for security.

 

He followed he own rule of not fighting back for years, that was until he reached his second last year of high school when he witnessed a young Omega girl being cornered and forced against the wall of a dimly lit hallway. He saw the man cornering her move his hands all over her body as she cowered and begged him to stop and Minseok didn’t even think before he was racing over and socking the guy in the jaw hard, knocking him to the ground.

 

It had felt good. He wasn’t one for violence but he couldn’t stand back and do nothing, not anymore.

 

After taking the girl into an empty classroom he comforted her, his own Omega scent calming her until her sobs turned into light sniffles. Minseok stayed there with her even long after the bell signalling the end of lunch rang and when she had pulled away and thanked him with her voice thick with emotion he felt like he had finally found his purpose. He could make a difference, no matter how small.

 

It was then that he became the unofficial protector for all of the Omega’s at his school. He would look out for them and help then should they need it. He would offer comfort and be someone they could go to to feel safe.

 

He had always had a dream of becoming a singer, a dream that had been mocked and made fun of by people saying that because he was an Omega there was no way it would ever become a reality. But he worked hard and proved them wrong. Despite the prejudice that he received he pushed through with nothing but his own hard work, his own blood, sweat and tears, before he finally made it.

 

Even throughout his trainee days he made sure to look after those few Omega’s that entered the company, even those who came from different companies. He felt like it was his duty to be there for them and it was something he took very seriously.

 

It didn’t stop after he debuted, if anything it only served to magnify his protective instincts towards Omega’s, especially those in the industry.

 

 

 

Seokjin

 

Even before Seokjin was born he knew his parents help no expectations about him. His older brother was an Alpha and was his parent’s pride and joy so by the time he came along his parent’s already had what they wanted: an Alpha son to continue on their legacy and take over their father’s company when he was ready.

 

Seokjin wasn’t doted on like his brother was but he wasn’t exactly ignored either. He was given everything he asked for, he had the best tutors, the priciest clothes and the tastiest food but that wasn’t what he wanted.

 

He wanted his parent’s to be proud of him, wanted them to see him as a smart and capable individual, not just an Omega that needed to be protected from Alpha’s and Beta’s alike. He wished they would understand that he wasn’t just some weak Omega who would cower at the mere presence on an Alpha and do whatever they wanted with him.

 

He had always been shielded from the cruel, outside world like his father would say. Yes, he knew the world could be cruel but that didn’t been he should be kept from it. He had been home-schooled for that very reason, his parent’s believing that they were doing what was best for him. When he was allowed to venture outside he would always be accompanied by one of his father’s guards and he hated it. He had no freedom, no free will. His parent’s thought they were doing their best to protect him from the world, thought they were doing what was best for him when what they were doing had the opposite effect.

 

He was ignorant of many things, he knew that. On the small occasions he managed to sneak away without anyone realising he had learnt that. He saw that people were suffering, he saw how single mothers were stigmatised, he saw how many treated Omega’s as weak and lesser than the rest of the population. It wasn’t right but it existed and despite how hard his parent’s wanted to protect him from that there was no denying that it was the truth.

 

Which is why Seokjin begged his parent’s to allow him to live on campus during University. Like he had expected they were not happy with it and shot him down immediately, saying it was dangerous for someone like him but he would be deterred. He begged and begged and begged until they finally allowed him but more before making sure that it was completely safe.

 

Seokjin’s first say and university and his first night staying at the dorms all by himself with no one to tell him what to do was exactly what he had wanted his entire life. It was a big change for him, going from being protected and shielded to being completely free, able to control his own life for once. But it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

 

He saw as well as experienced how some treated Omega’s and he hated it. It was deplorable and archaic.

 

The next biggest change came in the form of an invitation by an entertainment company he had never heard of before. It was a risk, his parent’s surely wouldn’t agree with it and it might not lead him anywhere but it felt like it was calling to him, like this was something that he had been waiting for.

 

Moving into his private university room to a dorm full of hormonal Alpha’s and Beta’s, he knew it wouldn’t be easy and he expected there to be hiccups along the way but thankfully there wasn’t many of them, five other including himself when he first made the move but surprisingly it went smoother than what he could have imagined.

 

At first they seemed to not know how to act around him having limited exposure to Omega’s but they soon came to realise that he was no different to them never mind the slight difference in biology and treated him with dignity and respect, something which he had never experienced before in his life.

 

While he was a trainee he heard rumours from the other trainees that the treatment of Omega’s under entertainment companies often times wasn’t the greatest. It’s then that he made up his mind.

 

Seokjin had always been the one who had been protected. Now he wanted to be the protector.

 

 

 

The Meeting

 

Minseok had heard about the new male Omega to successfully debut in an idol group. He was intrigued. It didn’t happen often: an Omega being able to make it, and even then it was more likely for a female Omega to make it.

 

Even throughout his busy schedules he made sure to keep an eye out on the Omega whose man name he soon learnt was Kim Seokjin, or Jin, the stage name he went by. It might have looked a little creepy, him trying to find out everything about and keep track of the man but he wanted to make sure that he was safe and not being taken advantage of. From the interactions he had seen he didn’t have anything to worry about but he still couldn’t help it and he needed to make sure and what better way was there then to ask the man himself?

 

It didn’t take long for him to find the opportunity to do so.

 

Both groups had found themselves attending the same awards show. They were seated away from each other but that didn’t stop Minseok from keeping an eye on him. s, while none of them said anything were well aware of what their eldest member was doing and supported him fully. They knew about his mothering tendencies having been on the receiving end of it many times.

 

In the corner of his eye he saw the man get up and walk away from his table where s where, probably to go to the bathroom Minseok guessed and that’s when Minseok moved. Giving Junmyeon a look, the leader nodded his head in understanding before Minseok was walking in the same direction the younger Omega had headed. As he walked past the other Omega’s group he heard an intake of breath and flicked a quick look behind him to see them gazing at him. They had probably been able to smell him. After all, Omega’s do smell quite distinctive.

 

He flashed them a small but kind smile before he turned back and continued on his way.

 

It didn’t take him long to track down Seokjin, nor did he need to announce his presence either.

 

 

Seokjin felt a calming feeling spread throughout his body, a feeling that had come across him suddenly and without warning. It wasn’t unpleasant nor was it unfamiliar. He had felt it before and knew what it meant.

 

Turning around his eyes immediately settled on none other than Kim Minseok otherwise known as Xiumin for one of the biggest idol groups in Korea at the moment. He stands stock still, not in fear but in surprise as the older man walks towards him. When the elder Omega is standing in front of him he speaks.

 

“I’m Minseok. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Minseok greets him with a sweet smile.

 

“H-Hi.” Seokjin stutters out and his eyes widen as he forgets to bow, however as he begins to he’s stopped by a gentle hand on his shoulder.

 

“You don’t need to bow.” Minseok tells him. Still Seokjin dips his head in respect.

 

“W-What can I do for you?” he says nervously.

 

He doesn’t know how to act around him. Minseok is his senior in both age and time in the industry so his upbringing demands he upholds the customs of their society, however the elders nature being the same as his own has him feeling like the man is a friend, something he feels comfortable with even though this is the first time they have ever met. He’s tense and he knows that Minseok can sense it.

 

“You don’t need to feel so tense around me, just act comfortably.” Minseok reassures him and he tries but he doesn’t know if he succeeds. “I just wanted to ask you some questions, if that’s alright?” he asks.

 

“Uh yeah, sure.” Seokjin nods.

 

“Are you being treated right?” The elder asks and Seokjin is somewhat stunned at the question. It wasn’t what he had expected him to ask but at the same time he did? He didn’t know how to explain it.

 

“Yeah.” He answers simply and Minseok frowns.

 

“You’re not being asked to something you don’t want to do?” he says, a worried tilt to his voice and Seokjin feels warm that he seems to care so much about his wellbeing.

 

“I’m not being made to do anything I didn’t want to do.” Seokjin confirms and he sees the elder relax at his words.

 

“That’s good.” Minseok says in relief, body relaxing before he gives him a sheepish smile. “Sorry about the little interrogation. I just, I needed to make sure.”

 

“No, I understand.” Seokjin waves the apology off, giving Minseok a friendly smile, the elder smiling back at him. Seokjin gazes at the elder and bites his lip, wondering whether or not he should speak what’s on his mind. “Actually I...” he starts and Minseok’s full attention is on him. “I wanted to ask you the same thing. I don’t want to sound rude but your – your company doesn’t have the best reputation.” Seokjin admits and now it’s Minseok’s turn to look surprised, but that look soon turns into one a gratefulness.

 

“I’m being treated great and I’m sure that much like you I have people who wouldn’t let anything like that happen in the first place.” He says. “Though it’s not like we need them to, am I right?” he flashes Seokjin a self-confident smirk and Seokjin laughs.

 

“You’re damn right!” he agrees.

 

Seokjin would love to talk more with Minseok who he already felt a connection with but he knows it’s nearly time for him to go on stage and he flashes a regretful smile to Minseok.

 

“No it’s okay, I better be going as well. But here,” he hands Seokjin a piece of paper with his number on it, “Call or text me any time you want.” He tells Seokjin who nods and places the piece of paper safely into his pocket.

 

 

 

That was the first of their many meetings. They soon because the best of friends and after telling their stories to one another they made a vow to look after the ones like them who entered the industry.

 

The Over Protective Parents

 

Jeonghan

The first one to feel their protective instincts was Jeonghan. Minseok and Seokjin had both been monitoring the Seventeen member even before he debuted through Seventeen TV as well as their pre-debut reality show.

 

They had watched the broadcasts carefully and kept their ears open for any news of the group but more specifically about the lone Omega in a group of 12 Alpha’s and Beta’s. What they saw was a young man who had the respect of ever member in his group but like MInseok had done with Seokjin, they wanted to be sure. They knew as well as everyone what could be hidden behind the scenes.

 

Which is why they thought it appropriate to break into the groups dorm and see for themselves and boy did they get the shock of their lives.

 

Seungkwan screamed like a little girl when he noticed the two people who definitely didn’t belong there sitting on the couch, neither looking bothered or even surprised by Seungkwan’s screeching. His scream had alerted the rest of s who rushed to him to see what the fuss was about and all of their jaws dropped when they laid their eyes upon the two senior artists.

 

“Hi, sorry for dropping in unannounced but we’d like to talk to Jeonghan if you don’t mind.” Minseok said and without waiting for confirmation they both dragged a still processing Jeonghan with them into one of the rooms and closed the door.

 

“What just happened…?”

 

They all shook their heads at Joshua’s question, all of them still trying to decide if what had happened actually did happen.

 

It wasn’t until two hours later when they had finally processed what had happened after devouring three packets of chips and searching the place to find out how they had gotten in before someone went and checked on the three of them.

 

Mingyu was the only one brave enough to do so and what he saw when he opened the door had his heart melt. Curled up on one of the beds was the three Omega’s. Silently Mingyu eased the door shut and left them to their little pile, making sure to tell the members not to disturb the sleeping Omega’s.

 

When they finally did wake up and leave, they left two things: their phone numbers to Jeonghan as well as a well disguised threat that basically said if you hurt him or let anything bad happen to him you’re going to wish you were never born while having an angelic smile on their face.

 

They had never been more terrified than in that very moment.

 

 

Winwin

Sicheng had risked a lot coming from China to Korean to become an idol but he had yet to regret it.

 

He knew that there was a good chance that he would never debut, him being an Omega being only one of the many reasons but it definitely being the one that had the most effect on it. He had heard of many Omega’s being kicked out of companies for being what they were.

 

When he finally began training at the company there was something that was very apparent. He was outnumbered, more so than he had ever been. Out of the eighty trainees that were currently at the company he was the only Omega. It had also been so but even at school there were others like him.

 

It was scary: new place, new people, new language, new everything.

 

He didn’t know what to do but he soon found guidance from Minseok. Sicheng had nearly cried when he found out he wasn’t alone and the elder Omega had held him as he cried, comforted him like a mother would to their distressed child. He felt an instant connection towards the elder and he knew that was party because of Omega’s affinity to flock towards one another. It was an instinct that they had always had, safety in numbers.

 

Minseok always kept an eye on him and through them he met Seokjin and Jeonghan, two others that were like him and Jeonghan who became a good friend, with Minseok and Seokjin asking as surrogate mothers. It was comforting to know that he had people to go to who understood the struggles of being a minority he could count on them and Minseok lived up to his promise.

 

Anyone who so much as said a bad word towards him would receive a stern talking to and one of the scariest glares the world had ever seen.

 

Sicheng appreciated it and he would be forever thankful for everything that they had done for him.

 


I actually might add to this later. Also it didn't occur to me until after I finished this that it probably would have worked out better if it wasn't an idol!au but oh well. Though I have a question: who else would you like to see Minseok and Seokjin coddle?

It's been a weird week this one has. Not for any particular reason but I don't know it's just felt weird to me. I need to get out of the house. I barely leave it lol Oh and for all of ya'll who have been watching Idol producer I've found some new cuties who I've fallen in love with, Li Quanzhe is one of them. He's so cute and reminds me of a hamster and also looks like Minseok. I was so happy when he went from F to B.

So BTS is releasing a Japanese album soon with Japanese versions of some of their previous releases as well as two new original Japanese songs. I'm looking forward to it! Still excited for my Countdown albums to arrive. It'll be a little while but I can wait :) Also congratulations to EXO for being chosen to perform at the closing ceremony for the Olympics. They better perform Power or what's the point?

I actually don't have a whole lot to say this week. I'm always open for a chat if you want to! :) See ya next week~