Jokesters

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Alice

Can I request Jin and Suho? I think it would be funny since they are so alike lol! They take care of the members, tell dad jokes, and can't dance lol. They would be ranting about their problems like the members not listening to them and management being annoying af all while they are drinking so they hold nothing back. They drink late into the night so their members come pick them up and they end up embarrassing their members haha

 

Word count: 2624

 

 

 

 

 

Seokjin knew he and Junmyeon would become best friends right from the moment he had heard the older man tell a joke – might he add it was hilarious – only for none of s to laugh. Seokjin couldn’t help the laugh that bubbled up inside of his and soon found his face beet red from the strain of trying to contain his laughter. The pressure became too much and Seokjin had practically exploded, his signature windshield wiper laugh ringing throughout the entire area. All eyes turned towards him, surprised at his outburst but none looked more surprised than what the EXO leader did.

 

His look soon turned from surprise to pure elation that someone had – finally – laughed at and appreciated his brilliant work of comedy. He looked at Seokjin with literal stars in his eyes, like a little kid who had stumbled upon a huge bag of candy, Seokjin looking at the elder in a similar fashion. Their members, seeing that interaction and star stuck look in their eyes had steered them away from each other in an effort to keep the two ‘jokesters’ away from one another. But they would not be deterred.

 

They had their connections and soon were the best of friends and members couldn’t keep them a part no matter how hard they tried. Most of their meet ups were just casual gatherings in places that were certified for privacy, catching a quick bite to eat before their members had tracked them down and pulled them away from each other. Seokjin found it quite exciting, with all of the hiding and dodging he almost felt like a secret agent or assassin or something. It was great.

 

Most recently their meet ups happened in the privacy of their own dorms. Both of the groups were in-between comebacks and were either focusing on their individual work schedules or aspirations as well as spending time to catch up with family and friends. For this particular meet up the two men had decided that the youngers dorm was the most suitable place.

 

And let’s just say that this one was a lot different to the previous ones.

 

Honestly, neither one of them remembered which one of them thought that mixing alcohol in with one of their more private chats would be a good idea, but whoever it was, they were an absolute genius. Junmyeon didn’t know how one could feel both incredibly relaxed and fired up at the same time.

 

Seokjin was feeling the same. They each had only gone through one bottle of soju each and he was already feeling fuzzy, his cheeks were red like a tomato and his lips were loose, ready to spill things he usually wouldn’t if he were sober. They both had embarrassingly low alcohol tolerances but at least it would cost them less to have a good time, right?

 

“You know, sometimes I think that people have no ears.” Junmyeon says, slumped in his chair with his second bottle of soju held loosely in the hand that’s dangling over the arm of the chair.

 

“What do you mean people have no ears?! What are these?” Seokjin exclaimed louder than necessary, fingers coming to grasp at his ear, a ‘if people have ears, what are these then?’ expression on his face, one that is confused, outraged and interested and where ever this conversation was heading in.

 

“No, I mean, we obviously have ears cause you would look pretty ing weird without them,” Jumnyeon took a swig of his drink and scrunching his face up from both the strong taste of alcohol and the picture of being earless, “But like, I feel like people don’t use them? If you know what I mean?” Junmyeon looks at the younger singer with a hopeful expression.

 

“Sure.” Seokjin nods, blinking blearily at the elder, mind too clouded to really process the words coming out of Junmyeon’s mouth but knowing that it was something that he probably agreed with.

 

“Like Sehun. Now I love Sehun, he’s so cute,” Junmyeon coos, “He’s cute but he’s a little , doesn’t listen when hyung tells him to do stuff.” Seokjin hums, sipping at his own drink. “Actually, they’re all s, even Minseok, especially Minseok!” Junmyeon adds, words getting louder and louder and more slurred as he goes on.

 

“They’re all s, all of them. Walking all over me, not laughing at my jokes, disrespecting me.” Seokjin added his own into the pot. “No respect.”

 

“No respect!” echoed Junmyeon, both of them holding up their drinks and air bumping them in comradery before taking a huge gulp.

 

It’s at this point that they really should stop drinking but their inhibitions are too far gone to come to the conclusion that consuming more alcohol would be a terrible, terrible idea. Still, their second bottles are quickly consumed and tossed to join their first ones, a third one now placed in their hands to replace the second.

 

Seokjin looks like he could fall asleep any moment, head lolling to the side and eyes half lidded. Junmyeon’s in a similar state to the younger except he seems a little more alert then Seokjin but that doesn’t say much considering both of them are pretty much gone. Groaning, Junmyeon slides of his chair like his entire body had just liquefied until he is lying on the ground spread out like a starfish.

 

Seokjin suddenly starts giggling madly, the whole thing being hilarious to his inebriated mind, clutching his stomach like he’s in pain before he falls of his chair and ends up on the floor as well which causes Junmyeon’s body to be racked with his own unrestrained laughter. It takes a while for their laughter to calm down, especially after Junmyeon had nearly choked on his drink, propelling them into another laughing fit.

 

“Ah , my stomach.” Seokjin moans with a smile as he wipes the tears from his eyes. “Do you think it’s possible to get abs from laughing?”

 

“I don’t know probably.” Junmyeon shrugs, wiping his own tears away with the hem of his shirt, taking a peak at his abs at the same time and he swears that they look more defined than what they had before.

 

They’re both breathing harder than normal, their laughing spurt taking quite a lot out of them and as they wait for their breathing to regulate they stare up at the ceiling, tops of their heads touching and bodies spread out in the opposite direction from the other.

 

“You know, I suddenly thought about something and now I’m annoyed.”

 

“What?” Junmyeon questioned

 

“Management always telling me what to do. They never let me do what I want to do. Like ice cream, they said I couldn’t have ice cream. Ice cream! What’s wrong with ice cream?”

 

“Monsters.” Junmyeon agreed. “Management . Why can’t I manage myself? I’m a responsible grown man who don’t need to take for no one.” He declares, words slurred and arm flopping around like a fish out of water.

 

“Yeah, we’re responsible decision makers.” Seokjin agrees, whining when he spills some of his soju on himself. “Super, super dooper responsible.”

 

“Management don’t know all. Think they know best when all they do is try to ruin and control our lives.” Junmyeon mumbled. “Like I want to tell them to go themselves but that wouldn’t a good thing to do.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“But like, I really, really, really want to.”

 

They honestly just talk the entire time, neither knowing if they’ll even remember anything in the morning. The vast majority of their drunken rants being about how their quality jokes weren’t being appreciated for how hilarious they actually were which resulted in them engaging in a drunk dad-joke-off that just left them in stitches as they tried desperately to stop themselves from laughing. If someone could die from laughing too much they were sure that they would both be lying cold and unmoving on the ground.

 

By the time their third bottles of soju had been drunk, both of them were passed out, bodies finally deciding that enough was enough and shutting down to recover. At least that was better than their bodies trying to expel it out of their stomachs through vomiting because that just was not fun at all.

 

While they were passed out Seokjin’s members decided it was time to head back to the dorm. While each of them had been off doing their own thing they had messaged one another and decided to meet up for a bite to eat. Strangely Seokjin was the only one to not respond which was unheard of when food was involved. They hadn’t been particularly worried about his absence, coming to the conclusion that he had fallen asleep or something, so they had proceeded to eat.

 

Cue an hour later when they return to the dorm, only to find their oldest member and someone who, after a closer look they identify as Junmyeon, passed out cold on the ground, empty bottles of soju surrounding them.

 

“Okay, this wasn’t what I expected to find.” Namjoon said with his eyes open wide as he looks at the mess surrounding the two people in question.

 

“Oh jesus, they got absolutely sloshed!”

 

They all nodded in agreeance at Hoseok’s words, especially if the empty bottles scattered around them was anything to go by. They knew Seokjin’s alcohol tolerance was pretty bad and from the stories they had heard about Junmyeon his wasn’t much better either.

 

“ man, they’re gonna be hating the world in the morning.” Yoongi commented, a slightly sympathetic tilt to his voice though it held more understanding than anything else.

 

“Uh, should we tell someone that Junmyeon hyung is here?” Jimin asked, unsure of what they should do.

 

“Yeah, that’s probably best.” Namjoon says, pulling out his phone and clicking on the group chat they have between the two groups.

 

Namjoon: Junmyeon hyung is passed out at out dorm

 

Baekhyun: Lol

 

Sehun: So that’s where hyung is

 

Chanyeol: Aw, did hyung have a party without us?

 

Jongdae: Is he drooling? Take some pictures for us! I wanna show them to hyung when he wakes up ^^

 

Namjoon: Uh…

 

Minseok: Don’t listen to them. Do you want us to come and get him?

 

Kyungsoo: Just leave him there, he did this to himself

 

Minseok: Shut up all of you. We have schedules tomorrow

 

Baekhyun: But hyung~

 

Yixing: Is he alright?

 

Minseok: Baek, shut the up

 

Baekhyun: Fine then…

 

Namjoon: He seems okay? I mean, he’s breathing…? And if you could come and get him I would really appreciate it

 

Minseok: Okay, I’ll send a few of us over. Give us 30 mins

 

Chanyeol: Bags not going!

 

Minseok: Just for that you are now

 

Chanyeol: Hyung~

 

Namjoon puts him phone down after that, shaking his head in amusement at their antics.

 

“A few of them are going to come over and pick him up, they have a schedule tomorrow.” He tells them.

 

“Should we wake him up?” asks Jungkook.

 

“Nah, it’s probably best that we let them sleep it off as much as possible.” Yoongi says and they all agree with his logic.

 

They all go about their own ways, not bothering to be quiet as they moved around as it wasn’t likely they were going to wake up any time soon, at least not without a big push. Hoseok, being the clean member that he is collects all of their empty bottles and puts them in the bin, not wanting anyone to trip over them by accident and hurt themselves.

 

Namjoon pretends not to notice Taehyung and Jimin taking photos of the two passed out, knowing that even if he tried to stop them he wouldn’t be able to. They would find a way.

 

Thirty minutes to the dot there’s a knock at the door and Yoongi opens it to find a rather disgruntled Chanyeol standing behind a cheerful Baekhyun and a sorry looking Minseok.

 

“Hey, come in.” Yoongi stands aside and lets them pass and Minseok’s eyes immediately settle upon Junmyeon’s form on the floor and he sighs.

 

“I’m sorry about this.” He apologises.

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Yoongi waves him off.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stand back as Minseok walks over to Junmyeon and kneels before he begins to shake his shoulder to try and wake him up. It takes a while and a few more hard knocks before Junmyeon starts to blink his eyes open, groaning as he squints his eyes because of the light.

 

“Time to go home Junmyeon.” Minseok whispers.

 

“Mh, hyung…?” he says confused, as if he doesn’t quite no where he is and that wouldn’t be at all surprising taking into account the situation.

 

“Yes, it’s me.” Minseok confirms and the rest stand back and watch the interaction between the two oldest members of EXO, all content to let Minseok handle it.

 

“What are you doing here?” Junmyeon slurs, more awake and aware then what he had been before but still intoxicated, the alcohol not fully leaving his body yet.

 

“We came to take you home. We have a schedule tomorrow, remember?”

 

“Do we?”

 

“Yeah, we do.” Minseok says and almost laughs. Junmyeon wasn’t one to forget about a schedule and that told him just how out of it he actually was. “Hey Myeon, how many did you have?” he asks the younger man.

 

“Three.” He said holding four fingers up. Chanyeol resisted the urge to face palm while Baekhyun was cackling in the background and Minseok just shakes his head.

 

“Okay, let’s get you up.”

 

Minseok calls Chanyeol over and they both pull a very unwilling and unhelpful Junmyeon to his feet by his arms. Now on his feet Junmyeon sways dangerously and Chanyeol and Minseok hurry to steady him not wanting their leader to fall face first to the ground.

 

“God am I lucky I’ve been going to the gym lately, he’s heavier then he looks.” Chanyeol mumbles as he lifts one of Junmyeon’s arms over his shoulders, the elder’s dead weight baring down onto him.

 

“Again, I’m sorry about this.” Minseok apologises again.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. We don’t mind at all.” Namjoon says and Minseok smiles thankfully at them.

 

Minseok turns towards Chanyeol and Junmyeon and sees the leaders head resting on the rappers shoulder, eyes threatening to close.

 

“Time to go.” He announces.

 

“No! I don’t wanna go.” Junmyeon whines in a fashion that’s eerily similar to a certain beagle in their group.

 

“But we have to Myeon, we’ll come back another time.” Junmyeon huffs but his expression son turns pleasant.

 

“Bye, my adorable dongsaengs~” Junmyeon coos at the BTS members who all turn a light shade of red in amusement and slight embarrassment. “Bye bye Seokjinie~” Junmyeon waves to the still passed out Seokjin as he’s practically carried out of the dorm by s.

 

He’s still waving when he’s being pulled out of the door, an amused Baekhyun filming the entire thing. Once the EXO members have left there’s silence between them.

 

“Well, that was interesting.” Jungkook comments and they all nod.

 

“Let’s get hyung into his bed.” Hoseok say and Jungkook, being the strongest out of them all is left with the task to pick Seokjin up and carry him to bed.

 

It doesn’t take long for them to get the elder situated and tucked into bed.

 

When Seokjin wakes it’s to Yoongi siting on the floor beside his bed scrolling on his phone.

 

“Well, looks like you had a good time last night.” Yoongi says.

 

Seokjin pulls the covers over his head and groans.

 

Both Junmyeon and Seokjin moan in dismay when they finally become mobile and check the group chat only to find multiple photos and videos of themselves being shared.

 


Just a disclaimer: this has not been edited so excuse any mistakes. I'll probably get around to editing it within the next couple of days.

I've sort of been in a little bit of a funk this week in terms of these drabbles. I have a few which I've started and one that I'm really into but I just couldn't bring myself to finish. I've actually been sort of focusing on some of longer fics as well as these two BTS fics that I plan to be one-shots but may turn out to be two or three chapters long but we'll see. I really want to post a stand alone BTS fic so you may be seeing one from me soon! I managed to get my classes sorted for this semester after messaging the unit coordinators so I'm happy about that. Now all I need to do is get me textbooks, my notebooks and my parking permit. I'm both looking forward to and dreading going back. I had a good Australia Day, just spending it with some family and friends and despite some unfortunately events, overall I've had a good week.

Okay, I can't believe CBX are going to be doing a Japanese arena tour in May; 4 different arenas and 8 shows in total. Like, I didn't expect that at all. I expected them to announce their comeback, not a tour though I think they'll release a new album in March or April. Countdown finally came out and it's such a good album. The already released song I was in love with already and the new ones I love just as much, they never disappoint! Still not a whole heap of news about when BTS are going to comeback but I would say maybe April? I've heard that the possible title of the album is Love Myself and that makes a lot of sense actually and I'm sort of hoping that it's true but we'll see when something is announced.

Anyway, that's it for me this week!