Suspect

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by mal

I really loved the Baekchen au with detective!baek and teacher!jongdae <3 The suspense was killing me so you wouldn't believe how relieved I was when they finally got back together;; but it also got me wondering, what happened in those years Baek spent chasing this Minhyuk villain? How did the case affect their relationship? From the bits and pieces we got in this story, Jongdae also had a part to play in keeping Baek sane during those times. So I guess my request is a prequel? story to that au :') I’d love to see Dae comforting Baek after a particularly vivid nightmare, and how they celebrate when the criminal was finally behind bars > < maybe also some more badass!baek showing his hapkido skills since there’s never enough of that

 

Word count: 8141

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae knew that both he and Baekhyun would always have to make sacrifices because of Baekhyun’s job. He knew it wouldn’t be easy and he was prepared to accommodate him. Baekhyun had made his way up the chain since he had graduated from the police academy. Like most rookies he had been put in patrol as a simple but dignified uniformed office with an experienced and seasoned partner. While he did enjoy his time as a beat cop and absorbed the wisdom his partner gave him he wanted more, envisioned himself doing bigger and better things.

 

As soon as he was skilled enough he had applied for the detectives exam. He had celebrated with Jongdae when his application had been accepted by the Chief. That didn’t mean he would pass the exam but at least he had a shot. It was one step in the right direction.

 

He spent many gruelling hours preparing for the both the written and practical components of the exam and while he was nervous he was confident that he would pass. He wasn’t disappointed when he was handed his detectives badge and praised as being “one of the brightest young officers we’ve seen in a long time”, something which had him puffing out his chest in pride. Jongdae had been there standing in the crowd cheering the loudest when he was called up and Baekhyun couldn’t stop the smile that come onto his face at his excited husband.

 

During the first month of his time as a detective most of his cases involved shootings, most gang related and they were all nothing short of being open and shut cases. His first real challenge was when he was put on his first big case.

 

The gruesome murders of six individuals had been connected to one another. The murders had taken place over a period of three years, each body found in different provenances and killed in varying but equally sadistic ways. Baekhyun had heard the whispers around the precinct, about how detectives had been suffering from terrible nightmares and some had even taken themselves of the case because it had just been too much to handle.

 

He was slightly terrified when the chief had called him into his office and put him on the case. If seasoned detectives hadn’t been able to handle it why did the Chief think that he could?

 

“I’m not going to lie, this will test you and just might break you but I have faith in your abilities.” The Chief had told him.

 

That very same day was the first real glimpse at the cruelty the human race could carry out upon one another. Opening the case file of the first victim had his stomach churning. The body he saw attached to the left side of the file showed no resemblance to the profile shot of the smiling young woman in the picture on the right. Getting through all six files was a gruelling task. Multiple times he had to put the files down and walk away before he could even think about continuing. By the time he had made it through all of them he wanted to throw up. He felt sick to his stomach.

 

How could someone do something so cruel, so inhumane to another living creature let alone another human being? It just… it didn’t make sense.

 

That night he found sleeping a difficult task despite Jongdae’s reassuring presence next to him. Jongdae had known something was wrong the moment he had gotten home but sensing Baekhyun’s reluctance to talk about it he had left it alone, at least for now.

 

All of the leads they chased came to a dead end. They had no information in regards to the identity of the suspect what so ever. They only thing they could guess was that the suspect was more likely to be a man due the severity and force behind the injuries that had been inflicted upon the victims. A part from the gruesome ways in which the victims had died as well as the obvious torture there was nothing connecting them to each other. None of them had known each other, frequented the same places or even came from the same social circles. Victim number one was a baker, victim two a fisherman, victim three a businessman, victim four a e, victim five a musician and victim six was a wedding planner. There was absolutely nothing to suggest that any of these people had ever interacted with one another before.

 

What was also unusual and had also contributed to why it had taken so long to link the murders to each other was that there was no consistency or preference when it came to age and gender. The youngest victim had been twenty one while the oldest had been sixty two. Were they just victims of opportunity? Or had the suspect stalked them? There were just so many unanswered questions that they barely even knew where to start.

 

Not even two weeks after he had been put on the case did victim number seven showed up. Baekhyun had been at home asleep when he had gotten the call. After getting dressed at the speed of light and giving a still half asleep Jongdae a quick kiss he had rushed to the scene and he wasn’t prepared for what he saw.

 

Red. There was red everywhere. The smell of iron and death wafted into his nose and had him reeling back, a hand pressed to his nose in a vain attempt to block the smell. When he was finally led to the body he felt his insides lurch. Stumbling out of the abandoned shack he threw up the contents of his stomach, the burn hurting his throat. When he had gotten rid of as much as he thought he possibly could he wiped his mouth on a tissue with shaking hands. Nothing, absolutely nothing could have ever prepared him to see that.

 

He tried to steel himself and focus on the scene. He needed to do his job despite how hard it was. Looking around he saw something that wasn’t at any of the previous scenes. On the wall behind the victim was a message, a message that had been written in blood and although there was no confirmation he knew it was the blood of the victim.

 

I see you finally figured it out. I hope you like your new gift. There’s plenty more to come.

Catch me if you can~

 

He was taunting them. This was a game to him and they were the chess pieces. Baekhyun had a feeling that it was only going to get worse from then on.

 

That’s when the nightmares started.

 

At first he would just be jolted awake, heart beating fast but not being able to remember what had occurred. It was quiet enough that Jongdae would remain unbothered and asleep next to him. Even Baekhyun would be able to drift back off to sleep.

 

It’s when they had discovered the eighth body two months after the last one that they had started to become more vivid.

 

They had been lead straight to it by none other than the murder himself. Baekhyun had been right; he was playing with them, giving them clues to find the next body and what he had done or was planning to do to the unfortunate soul he had picked out. It was driving Baekhyun insane.

 

He had other cases that he had to work on top of it but this case was constantly on his mind and it never left, not even for a second.

 

At home he was constantly distracted, trying to come up with leads and makes sense of the notes that the killer had been leaving for them to find. He was escalating and they needed to find him before he killed again. Baekhyun didn’t know if he could live with himself if he let another person die.

 

Jongdae had noticed the haunted look that had come into his husbands eyes in the last few months. And don’t even get him started on the nightmares. Baekhyun didn’t think he knew but he did. It was rare that Baekhyun managed to sleep through the night as his dreams would be riddled with whatever horrors he had seen. Jongdae knew he was working on a hard case. Baekhyun wouldn’t tell him any of the details and Jongdae wasn’t sure he really wanted to know but he was worried. Baekhyun just wasn’t himself. He just, he looked so drained. He had only been a detective for less than half a year and it already looked like he had aged ten years.

 

Don’t get him wrong, he was still proud of Baekhyun for his achievements but he hated what it was doing to his usual lively and vivacious husband. It was almost like he was a shell of the Baekhyun he knew.

 

“Baekhyun, I’m worried about you.” Jongdae whispered in Baekhyun’s ear one night when they were cuddled up on the couch.

 

Baekhyun leaned back so they were looking straight at each other and the exhaustion on his face was as clear as day.

 

“Everything’s fine.”

 

“Don’t lie to me Baekhyun because I know it’s not. You know it too.” He said softly. There was no accusation in his voice nor was he angry. He just wanted Baekhyun to open up, to confide in him. He wanted to help, in any way that he could.

 

Baekhyun closes his eyes slowly and leans his head back. He should have known that Jongdae was going to bring it up sooner or later. He was a fool to think that he wouldn’t notice.

 

“It’s just this case, it’s – “ He stops himself before he could say any more. He couldn’t tell Jongdae the details, he just couldn’t. He wanted to spare him the same horrors that he had seen.

 

“You don’t need to tell me any of the details, just talk to me Baekhyun. Please.” Jongdae says, sensing Baekhyun’s turmoil.

 

“I don’t know what to do. This guy is sick. He’s not going to stop until he’s either caught or killed and we have no leads.” Frustrated, Baekhyun stands up and begins to pace. “It’s like a game to him. He keeps running us in circles, playing with us, taunting us.”

 

Jongdae watches Baekhyun vent for a moment before standing up and embracing him from behind to stop him from pacing a hole into the floor.

 

“I know you Baekhyun, I know you’re working as hard as you can. Don’t beat yourself up over it.” He tells him and he can feel Baekhyun relax into him. “You need to take care of yourself. Please don’t run yourself into the ground. What good are you then?”

 

Baekhyun shakes his head. “I can’t, not until this is over.” He removes Jongdae’s arms from around his waist and steps away.

 

Jongdae looks at him with sad eyes.

 

“Baekhyun…” he tries to reach out again but Baekhyun takes another step back.

 

“I need to go to the precinct.”

 

“Wait, Baek – “

 

“I’ll see you later.” He interrupts, grabbing his keys off the table and walking out the door.

 

Jongdae watches him leave, hurt but most of all worried.

 

He doesn’t come back home that night.

 

There’s an obvious strain in their relationship after that. All Jongdae wants to do is comfort Baekhyun but Baekhyun just keeps pulling away in an effort to protect him and to not burden him with his problems. It honestly broke Jongdae’s heart seeing Baekhyun acting like this and despite understanding his reasoning, at times it was hard for him not to feel anger and resentment towards Baekhyun. They were supposed to support each other, they promised that to each other the day they got married.

 

As much as Jongdae wanted to he couldn’t put all of his efforts into trying to comfort Baekhyun. He had his own job as an art teacher which took up a large chunk of his time. Lessons couldn’t write themselves.

 

And Baekhyun, well… he was at the end of his rope. Another body had been found, another message left to taunt them, another message blaming them for not being quick enough to save an innocent woman’s life and yet they still weren’t any closer to finding the culprit. He was exhausted, they only thing keeping him awake was the constant supply of coffee – albeit not good quality – that the precinct provided. He was nearly dead on his feet, his eyes threatening to close yet he had no intentions of leaving anytime soon.

 

That was the plan but seeing his state the Chief had forced him to take a break, threatening to take him off the case if he didn’t go home and stay away for at least forty eight hours. Baekhyun surrendered without too much fight. It wasn’t like he really could. He needed to see this case till the very end.

 

He didn’t know how he made it but he had managed to drive his tired self all of the way home, only just making it to the bed in time for him to collapse upon it where he was out in seconds, not having the energy to take off even his shoes.

 

When Jongdae arrived him that day he was surprised to see Baekhyun’s car in the driveway. Baekhyun had been spending most of his days – and nights – at the precinct working on the case that he was rarely home to sleep the night. Entering the house he noticed that everything was still dark. Depositing his bad on the counter he made his way to the bedroom and enjoyed the sight that was in front of him. Baekhyun was sprawled on top of the covers, clothes and everything else still on, small puffs of breath coming out of his nearly closed mouth and ruffling the hair on his forehead that had grown longer due to the length of time between his last haircut.

 

Quietly Jongdae walked over to Baekhyun and kneels beside him, bringing his hand up to lightly brush his fingertips over his face, a soft smile pulling at his lips, one which disappeared when he took notice of the dark circles under his eyes. Jongdae sighed, lips now pulled into a straight line. Taking one least look at Baekhyun’s exhausted but peaceful face Jongdae stands up and begins to undress his husband staring with his shoes. Baekhyun is sleeping like the dead and doesn’t even wake up when Jongdae rolls him onto his back to pull off his slacks and his shirt. When all that he’s left in is his boxers Jongdae pulls the covers over him and kisses him on the forehead lovingly.

 

Jongdae heads to the kitchen to make himself a small meal to fill his stomach before he sits himself down to mark his year 11 student’s art history tests. After grading a good chunk of them his own eyes begin to burn and he knows it’s time for him to head off to bed. When he re-enters their room Baekhyun it still fast asleep, body in the same position that he had left him in and Jongdae smiles to himself. When he’s ready for bed Jongdae crawls under the covers and curls into Baekhyun’s side, relishing in the feeling of his warmth beside him after so long.

 

Jongdae drifts of with a smile on his face only to be woken up by a glass shattering scream that jolts him nearly off the bed. There beside him is the form on his husband screaming his head off and body thrashing wildly, limbs getting caught in the covers. Jongdae doesn’t know what to do. He’s terrified.

 

Baekhyun lets out another haunted scream, hand flailing and just missing Jongdae’s face by centimetres and Jongdae’s only thought is that he needs to wake him up. Now.

 

Jongdae straddles Baekhyun’s waist and makes desperate grabs for his hands, getting a hold on his husbands wrists and holding them to his chest. Baekhyun’s body is still moving when he begins to whimper, broken pleas falling from his lips and tears from his eyes.

 

“Please, no…”

 

“Baekhyun!” Jongdae yells, trying to get Baekhyun out of his nightmare.

 

“Stop it. Please stop it. Don’t…” he cries.

 

Jongdae doesn’t know what to. The only thing that he can think of has him apologising and rearing his hand back and slapping Baekhyun’s cheek with his hand hard.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes snap open, his scream breaking off as he looks around wildly. He’s panting, sweat falling off him and wetting the sheets. When his eyes settle on Jongdae’s worried orbs looking down at him reality comes back to him and he begins to calm down. Jongdae can feel his body trembling. Everything is quiet until Baekhyun begins to sob, face falling and new tears streaking down his cheeks.

 

Jongdae slides off Baekhyun and pulls the older man into his lap and cradles him like a newborn baby, rocking back and forth as he attempts to calm him down him as he cries into his neck. Jongdae doesn’t know how long they sit like that but eventually Baekhyun’s sobbing turns into harsh breaths and his body stops trembling but Jongdae continues to hold him and he will for as long as Baekhyun needs him.

 

“Shh Baekhyun, it’s okay, everything’s okay. It was just a dream. I’m here, I’m here.” Jongdae rubs a soothing hand up and down his spine.

 

Jongdae doesn’t stop whispering into Baekhyun’s ear or rubbing his back even after all is quiet. Right now Jongdae is trying to be strong but Baekhyun had scared him. He had never seen his husband like that before. He knew the case had been hard on his but he hadn’t known haw hard until this moment and he had great concerns with his sanity. That was more than just an average nightmare.

 

When Baekhyun finally pulls away and lifts his head he looks like an absolute mess; eyes red and swollen, snot hanging out of his nose and face crusty with dried tears.

 

“Oh god, I’m so sorry.” Are the first words that come out of his mouth and Jongdae is floored.

 

“Why-why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for.” Jongdae says softly, hand cupping Baehyun cheek and lifting his face which had dropped, ashamed. Jongdae didn’t understand why he would feel ashamed or why he felt like he needed to apologise.

 

“For that.” Baekhyun points out like it’s obvious. “For crying like a little kid who had a nightmare about the bogeyman. For waking you up over something as trivial and stupid as that.” He lowers his eyes like he can’t even stand to look at Jongdae.

 

“First of all I’m going to tell you this once and I want you to pay attention because I don’t want to say it again.” he says with strength which has Baekhyun looking at him in surprise. “You, Byun Baekhyun, have absolutely nothing to apologise for. You’re not acting like a little kid nor are you stupid.” The anger that had built up inside Jongdae dissipates as he wills himself to calm down. After doing that successfully he looks at Baekhyun straight in the eyes with a look that’s equal parts loving, pained and helpless. “And lastly, do you not know me? Do you profess to know me and think that I wouldn’t rush to you and drop anything to be with you and comfort you when you’re obviously going through something that’s so horrible and terrifying that it was you screaming and flailing around in your sleep?”

 

Baekhyun opens and closes his mouth, not knowing what to say but knowing that Jongdae was one hundred percent right.

 

“Y-You’re right. I’m sorry.”

 

“Stop apologising Baekhyun.” Jongdae sighs.

 

Baekhyun hates how sad his husband looks and he hates that he’s the one that had caused it. He knows that Jongdae had been worried about him and they he had pretty much brushed the younger off when he had tried to comfort him.

 

“Talk to me Baek. What had you so scared?” Jongdae nearly begs and Baekhyun swallows hard. “Let me help in the only way that I can.”

 

At that Baekhyun cracks.

 

“We found, we found another body.” Baekhyun begins and Jongdae grabs one of his hands in his. “It was bad. I mean, all of them had been bad put this one…” he stops there. “I dreamt that, that I was there while it happened and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. All I could do was watch.” He tried to keep his tears at bay. “It feels like it’s my fault that she’s dead.”

 

“Oh Baekhyun… It’s not your fault. None of it is.”

 

“I know, I-I know it’s not but there’s a part of me that really thinks that it is.”

 

There’s silence between them and Baekhyun focuses on Jongdae’s thumb rubbing circles into the back on his hand.

 

“This case, it’s breaking you Baekhyun and I know you can see it as well. As much as I want to I’m not going to tell you to get off it but you have to promise me something. Please…please please please come to me when things get hard. I’m here for you and I always will be.”

 

At Jongdae’s words Baekhyun begins to cry once again and Jongdae immediately embraces him and holds him as he cries.

 

“I promise.” He says shakily into Jongdae’s chest.

 

Baekhyun cries himself to sleep and for the rest of the night Jongdae doesn’t let him go. The next morning Jongdae calls in sick for work and they spend the entire day cooped up in their house cuddled together.

 

Two days later Baekhyun is back in the case with fresh eyes and a well-rested mind. Those forty eight hours had really done him good. He’s back and ready to work. Baekhyun is reading up about the last victim when he hears his name being called.

 

“Baekhyun, the lab just called and they have something!” Baekhyun perks up at that. They had gone to long without anything it was nice to finally have something, no matter how little or insignificant it seemed.

 

“What is it?” He inquires when he gets to the lead detective of the case.

 

“Forensics got back. They found a DNA sample of an unknown individual under the fingernails of the latest vic.” He said and Baekhyun could see the excitement in his eyes.

 

“Unknown? That means he’s not in the system.”

 

“No, but do you know what that means?” the detective prompts and Baekhyun thinks for a second before a lightbulb goes off in his head.

 

“He made a mistake, he slipped up.

 

“Exactly.”

 

“He’s never left any trace evidence behind but not this time. He’s either getting sloppy or he’s getting to confident in his abilities to avoid us.” Baekhyun points out and he can feel himself getting excited as well.

 

“There’s a chance that’s not the only thing he left behind. We need to go over everything at the last victim’s scene again.” he says and they get straight to it.

 

They spend hours and hours poring over everything and it’s only when they’re about to give up is when they find something.

 

“A security camera across the road from where the body was found picked something up.” Baekhyun said and they are crowded around it.

 

There in the blurry darkness they pick up a figure walking out of the building and disappearing in to the night. According to the time stamp the figure was picked up leaving just two hours before they had found the body.

 

“I want the tech team contacted and have them search all of the security cameras in the surrounding area around the same time for any glimpse of that person.” The detective ordered and they all scattered.

 

They were getting closer and it was only time before they finally found the monster who had already taken so many lives.

 

But they weren’t quite fast enough. Two weeks later another body was found making the total ten. However this time they were only just behind the suspect. The forensic pathologist estimated time of death to one hour before, it was so fresh the body was still warm and the blood had just to coagulate and dry. Baekhyun hates to admit that he had already gotten used to the smell of death over nearly a period of a year from when he had been working on this case.

 

They processed the scene as quickly but as efficiently as possible. Nothing obvious stood out but there was still things that needed to be checked out. Baekhyun had been given the task to talk to the victim’s family and found some interesting information.

 

“Jihyo she, she had been acting a little strange over the last couple of weeks.” The victim’s mother mentioned, dabbing her eyes with a tissue that Baekhyun had given her earlier.

 

“Strange how?”

 

“Well, it was more like she was being secretive. She’s always told me everything but when I talked to her it was like she was withholding something. I thought that maybe she was dating someone and I asked her that. She got strangely defensive.” Baekhyun’s full attention was on her. “I left it alone but a week before she… before she died I went over to her apartment and there was a car that I didn’t recognise out front. I left because I figured she had company. The next day I tried calling her but she didn’t pick up.”

 

“And the day after that you reported her missing.” Baekhyun finished, pieces of a puzzle coming together in his head. “Did you happen to catch the cars number plate.” He asked hopefully.

 

“I did actually.” She said, jumping up and searching around in her handbag and pulling out a slip of paper and handing it over to Baekhyun.

 

“Just one more question, did Jihyo’s apartment complex have security cameras?”

 

“They do.” She confirms and that’s exactly what he wanted to hear.

 

“Thankyou for your time. Again, I’m sorry for your loss.”

 

“Thankyou detective. Just find the bastard that did this to my daughter.” She pleads and Baekhyun nods.

 

As soon as he steps outside he calls the lead detective and relays the information he had including the license plate number.

 

By the time he gets back they already have a name for the owner of the car. The registration had come back to a Cho Yukwon, a thirty three year old chef. There’s nothing startling in his profile. He hadn’t gotten into any trouble with the law and by all accounts he was a good student. He didn’t fit the profile of a killer at all.

 

Cho Yukwon was called into the precinct and showed absolutely no sign of worry or guilt. He answered all of their questions and gave them no reason to suspect him. He had even consented to a DNA test. Until the test results came back they had nothing to hold him so he was free to go. Baekhyun and the lead detective watched him go with frowns on their faces.

 

“Does that look like a killer to you?” Baekhyun murmured.

 

“No, no it doesn’t. But as they say looks can always be deceiving.”

 

Baekhyun hummed. There wasn’t much they could do until the results came back anyway.

 

It took two days for the results to come back and when Baekhyun is handed the results his heart begins to pump faster. The analysis showed that the DNA found at the scene wasn’t a match to Cho Yukwon but that wasn’t what had his pulse racing. It was what was written at the bottom of the page.

 

DNA Sample ‘A’ shares mitochondrial DNA with DNA Sample ‘B’

 

Mitochondrial DNA? That meant that the sample taken from the scene is a relative of Cho Yukwon’s on his mother’s side. A cousin, maybe?

 

Baekhyun races to his computer and does a quick search on Cho Yukwon’s family, ore specifically his mothers side of the family. His mother had one sister and that sister has one son, one son by the name of Jung Minhyuk.

 

The first thing Baekhyun does is run to the Chief’s office and throw the evidence and Minhyuk’s profile on the table.

 

“I know who it is.” He says without explanation, simply pointing to the file and urging the Chief to read it.

 

He watches at the Chief scans the file and Baekhyun knows the very moment he connects the dot as his eyes harden in determination.

 

It’s complete and utter chaos after that. Everyone is on the move. Yukwon had been called back in for further questioning on his cousin and gave any information they may need and one bit of information that grabs then is that Minhyuk had come to pick up Yukwon’s car earlier that day. A BOLO is put out in the car immediately and units are dispatched to help in the search and Baekhyun is one of them.

 

He and a uniformed officer patrol the streets eyes trying look for the car. They’re not the only ones. Over a dozen cars had been tasked in tracking down the car, the more of then they were the greater the chance of spotting it.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes are stinging. He had barely blinked, afraid that he would miss something if he did. None of the patrols had seen any sign of the car or Minhyuk himself. That is until Baekhyun spots something out of the corner of his eyes. Parked next to an old post office sits Yukwon’s car. He ordered the officer to pull up on the other side of the road. Even before the car is stopped his runs over to it and rests the back of his hand on the hood.

 

It’s still warm.

 

Baekhyun turns towards the officer.

 

“Call it. I’m going in.” he says, ignoring the officer’s calls to wait for back up.

 

But he doesn’t and he can’t. The hood is still warm which means it hadn’t been turned off for long and there’s only one reason why Minhyuk would be at an abandoned post office. It means that he had another victim and he just might make it in time to save them.

 

With his gun drawn he makes his way through the building ears open for any sounds that weren’t made by him. Then off in the distance he hears a pained moan and then the sound of someone talking however it’s too muffled for him to make out any words. He immediately walks towards the voice.

 

When he gets closer he can see a shadow moving around on the walls of the hallway, the shadow coming from the room that faces it. With careful footsteps he walks down the hall and towards the room. When he gets to the doorway he peaks around the corner and his eyes first land on Minhyuk with his back turned which then flick down to and incapacitated man on a table with serval wounds on his body staining his skin red. Minhyuk is holding a knife and Baekhyun inwardly shivers. He knows the damage Minkhyuk had inflicted with it.

 

He takes a deep breath and readies himself before he makes his presence known.

 

“Jung Minhyuk! Turn around with your hands in the air, slowly. You’re under arrest.” Baekhyun orders.

 

The man in question freezes for a moment before turning his head to look at Baekhyun. He has a slightly startled expression but that soon turns into a smirk.

 

“Well, well, well… look what we have here. Looks like you caught me detective.” He smiles.

 

Baekhyun hardens his face. “Turn around with your hands in the air, now!”

 

Minhyuk seems to consider it before he does as he’s told and faces Baekhyun with his hand in the air, the metal of the blade shining in the dim light.

 

“Slowly put the knife on the ground.”

 

“Now come on detective. I don’t like taking orders from nameless individuals.” He says like it’s just a casual conversation but there’s a dangerous glint in his eyes that Baekhyun doesn’t like one little bit.

 

“Byun. Detective Byun.” Baekhyun grounds out. “Now put down the knife.” And surprisingly, Minhyuk does.

 

“That wasn’t too hard now was it?”

 

“Enough. Jung Minhyuk you’re under arrest.” Baekhyun says again, something which Minhyuk completely ignores.

 

“How about we make a deal?” he suggests and Baekhyun growls.

 

“No.” he says firmly, grip tightening on his gun.

 

“If you let me go, let me walk out of here right now, I’ll leave you and your loved ones alone.”

 

“How about I arrest you now and you spend the rest of your life in prison for all of the lives that you’ve taken.” Baekhyun bites back.

 

Minhyuk shakes his head in disappointment. “No, I think not.”

 

Just then the man on the table groans and his head rolls to the side. Baekhyun’s attention flicks over to him for only a brief moment but it’s enough. Minhyuk pounces like a tiger, knocking Baekhyun over and causing his gun to topple to the ground. Minhyun reaches to grab it but Baekhyun wraps his legs around his middle and flips them over.

 

Without hesitation Minhyuk socks Baekhyun in the face and he falls to the side but is up straight away. In those seconds Minhyuk had managed to retrieve the knife from the floor and comes at Baekhyun ready to slice him up but Minhyuk was seriously underestimating Baekhyun’s ability to fight.

 

Baekhyun pushes Minhyuk’s arm out of the way and manoeuvrers beside him, twisting the killers arm in the process and making him yell out at the strain and drop the knife. Now that he has him disarmed Baekhyun can breathe a little easier.

 

Baekhyun lets go of Minhyuk’s arm and pushed him forward and delivers a punished kick to his lower back. The force of the kick has Minhyuk colliding with the wall hard and Baekhyun wastes no time in coming up behind him and taking a hold of his wrists and slapping his handcuff on him.

 

Minhyuk turns his head to the side and Baekhyun sees blood pouring out of his nose which looks crocked and Baekhyun had a weird sort of satisfaction at the fact that he had just broken his nose and looks to be in pain. However that’s only a fraction of the pain that he had inflicted on the people that he had killed.

 

Baekhyun leans close until his face is just inches from the killers.

 

“I’ll say it again, load and clear. Jung Minhyuk, you’re under arrest.”

 

Minkhyun thrashes in Baekhyun’s hold but it’s no use. Baekhyun has him in a tight hold and he’s not letting go any time soon.

 

“You’ll regret this you hear me. You’ll regret this. Just wait until I get out.”

 

“You’ll never get out. You’ll be there until the day to die, paying for all of the innocent lives you ended.” Baekhyun promises.

 

Baekhyun held him until backup finally arrives and takes him away. He’s strangely quiet as he’s taken away but the glare he sends Baekhyun says enough. The EMT’s rush in and take the victim away. He’s banged up and had lost a lot of blood but they’re confident he’ll pull through. His injuries will heal but it’s his mind… they’ll have to wait and see. Minhyuk had had some fun with him before Baekhyun had gotten there and it was doubtful that his mind had made it out without its own set of unseen scars.

 

Baekhyun had his own injuries looked at but apart from a few bruises he’s completely fine though he knows Jongdae is going to fuss over him when he sees the left side of his face all black and blue. He’s both looking forward to and dreading the attention.

 

The precinct is in a buzz when he gets there. The feeling of excitement is palpable. The chase is finally over but in reality it’s still only the beginning. They need Minhyuk’s statement, then they need to prepare everything for the trail. There’s still so much to do but most of Baekhyun’s job is pretty much over.

 

Baekhyun watches from behind the glass as Minhyuk is interrogated by another detective. It makes him sick at how little remorse he shows for his victims and what he had done. If anything he was proud at what he had done. He doesn’t even try to deny the charges against him, he just leans back in his chair as he smiles in self-satisfaction at hearing all of his deeds being read out aloud. Baekhyun wants to go in there and beat the absolute living daylights out of him, smack that smug little grin off his face but that last thing Baekhyun wanted was to be put on disciplinary probation.

 

Baekhyun stays until Munhyuk’s interrogation is over before he goes back to his desk and begins to write his report. It takes him hours but his heart feels lighter when it’s finally submitted and out on official records. The hard part is over, at least for now. It’s going to take at minimum a month before the state is ready to begin the trial. The Chief sends him home and tells his to stay there until he’s called to come back in and Baekhyun doesn’t argue. The thing he wants most of all at this very moment is to be alone with Jongdae for as long as possible. They have plenty of lost time they need to make up for.

 

When Baekhyun finally makes it home Jongdae is already there. He’s parked up on the lounge reading through some papers that Baekhyun assumes is material for his lessons. Jongdae’s head swings towards him when he drops his keys on the table hard and it’s obvious that he had been too engrossed in his reading that he hadn’t heard Baekhyun opening the front door.

 

“Oh, you’re home.” Jongdae smiles but it drops when he seems the massive bruise on his cheek. “What on earth happened to you!?” He nearly thrown his papers down and rushes over to Baekhyun. Jongdae goes to touch it but hesitates.

 

“It’s okay. It looks worse than it actually is.” he says but by the look on Jongdae’s face he knows that he doesn’t believe him. Still, Jongdae brushes his hand on the bruise lightly and Baekhyun can’t help but wince slightly.

 

“Liar.” Jongdae scolds but there’s not heat in his words, just worry. “I didn’t expect you home tonight.” Jongdae adds.

 

“Well, there’s no reason for me to stay at the precinct.”

 

“What, why?” Jongdae is startled by Baekhyun’s words. “You didn’t quit or get fired did you?”

 

Baekhyun nearly laughs at Jongdae’s face. “No, nothing like that.”

 

Jongdae’s expression smooths out but he still looks confused.

 

“Then why?”

 

“We got him.” Baekhyun says and Jongdae just stares at him blankly as he tries to process Baekhyun’s words. “We got him.” he says again, a smile beginning to pull at his lips and Baekhyun can see the exact moment that his words click.

 

“Oh my god. You got him!” he nearly screams pulling Baekhyun into his arms and hugging him tightly. He’s doing these cute little bounces where his feet don’t quite leave the ground and Baekhyun just laughs and hugs him back.

 

Baekhyun nearly falls back when Jongdae practically slams his lips onto his and kisses him hard. Baekhyun moans and melts into the kiss, his hands coming down to rest on the curve of Jongdae’s hips as he pulls the younger mans body closer to his own. Their kiss is cut short when the one who had initiated it pulls away.

 

“I’m happy for you.” Jongdae says softy with so much love shinning in his eyes that Baekhyun almost feels unworthy. “You look tired, you should sleep.”

 

“I am.” Baekhyun confirms. “But I would rather be doing something else instead.” He says with a knowing glint in his eyes.

 

“Oh is that right?” Jongdae catches on, biting his lip suggestively.

 

“That’s right.” Baekhyun moves his hands into the back pockets of his husbands pants and the clothed globes causing Jongdae to breathe out hard.

 

“Well, what are you waiting for then?”

 

That’s all Baekhyun needs. He pulls Jongdae gently in the direction of their bedroom, hands still inside his pockets but their lips once again locked in a kiss that’s slow and sensual. Jongdae giggles when Baekhyun stumbles and nearly trips over a pair of shoes that had been left in the middle of the hall but it soon turns into a gasp when Baekhyun pinches his lip with his teeth.

 

Despite their slow pace it doesn’t take them long to get to the bedroom. When the back of Baekhyun’s knees meets the bed he falls back bringing Jongdae along with him. There’s no pause in their movements as they continue to remember each other’s mouth.

 

Baekhyun is already hard in his pants and by the way that Jongdae is beginning to grind down into his leg he’s sure that he is as well.

 

“Clothes off. Now.” Jongdae breaths, tugging at the bottom of Baekhyun’s shirt.

 

Baekhyun allows Jongdae to pulls his shirt off and then moves to help Jongdae remove his leaving them both bare chested. Jongdae takes a moment to admire his husbands physique and there’s a little pang in his chest when he can plainly see that Baekhyun has lost weight. He’s still decently muscled but his once prominent six pack is less so. Jongdae makes a mental note to cook Baekhyun plenty of delicious food to make up for it.

 

Leaning down he trails kisses across Baekhyun’s chest paying special attention to his s before continuing to the waistband of his pant. Baekhyun can feel his body tingling as Jongdae’s hot breath fans across his navel.

 

Jongdae’s eyes are locked onto Baekhyun’s as he goes through the motions of removing his pants, so full of want, of need. Baekhyun’s is left to spring free once it’s free from restrictors and Jongdae his lips like a hungry cat. He brings his head closer and nuzzled his face into Baekhyun’s member, giving it a little which has Baekhyun’s back arching and he hand flying down to rest on Jongdae’s head.

 

Jongdae chuckles at his husband’s reaction and if this were any other day he would continue to tease but he had waited long enough for this and he didn’t want to waste another second of it. Without warning he engulfs Baekhyun’s length in his wet heat and Baekhyun nearly screams at the feeling. He moans loudly when Jongdae begins to bob his head up and down and he can’t resist pulling at Jongdae’s hair. Jongdae lets him, it’s something that he enjoyed, having Baekhyun pull at his hair hard enough that he scalp burned slightly was a huge turn on.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes which were clenched shut open and peer down at Jongdae and what he sees nearly has him blowing off his load then and there. Jongdae with his cheeks tinted pink and eyes hooded, his thin lips stretched prettily around his . It’s beautiful. Jongdae hums and the vibrations cause Baekhyun to give a full body shudder.

 

Jongdae loves that even though Baekhyun is the dominant personality most of the time in their relationship he can have him like putty in his hands simply at a .

 

The younger can tell that Baekhyun is close to reaching completion by the little whimpers that escape his throat so he pulls away causing Baekhyun to whine in disappointment.

 

“I want you to come inside me, not in my mouth.” Jongdae says and Baekhyun’s answering lust filed moan is all he needs.

 

Jongdae’s own hard is still confined in his jeans and he doesn’t waste any time at all when taking them off. When they join their other clothes on the ground Jongdae walks over to the bedside table and takes out the lube that had remained untouched for longer than necessary. Baekhyun’s eyes are glued to Jongdae’s perky little , giving it a firm slap as he passes which has Jongdae yelping at the sting. Jongdae huffs but retrieved the lube and once again sits himself on Baekhyun’s hips.

 

“How and I supposed to stretch you if you’re that far away?” Baekhyun asks with an eyebrow raised and Jongdae just smirks devilishly down at him.

 

“You’re not. I’m going to stretch myself and you’re going to enjoy the show.”

 

“But I – “

 

“You’ve worked hard this last year. Let me take care of you.” Jongdae interrupts and that shuts Baekhyun up. “Now lay back and relax.”

 

Baekhyun swallows hard and gets himself comfortable once again. When Jongdae is satisfied that Baekhyun is comfortable he pops the cap of the lube and squirts a decent amount on his fingers. Once he’s coated his fingers he winks at Baekhyun before trailing his fingers down the middle of his chest and then around to his lower back and dipping them between his cheeks.

 

The first finger slipped in easily and Jongdae signs in satisfaction. He doesn’t focus on one finger for long and soon he’s slipping in another one and this time he winces. It had been a while since either of them had done anything remotely ual with each other or by themselves and it shows but that doesn’t mean their bodies have forgotten.

 

Baekhyun is transfixed on Jongdae’s face and takes in every expression, every twitch. He wants to be buried inside Jongdae right now but he had to wait until he’s properly stretched. That last thing he wanted was to hurt him. He knows when Jongdae’s had three fingers inside himself as his begins to pant and wriggle around on Baekhyun’s lap, the elder rubbing up against Jongdae’s untouched and equally as red one.

 

With a high keen Jongdae hits his prostate, thighs clenching around Baekhyun’s hips and he slips his wet fingers out.

 

“I want you in me now.” Jongdae nearly growls and Baekhyun is all too happy to oblige with the request.

 

Once Jongdae had slicked Baekhyun’s with lube he raises his hips and positions it at his entrance. Baekhyun grips Jongdae’s hips hard as his drops straight down until he’s seated completely on Baekhyun’s lap, his full of Baekhyun’s stretching his muscles deliciously.

 

“Oh .” Baekhyun moans, one which only gets louder when Jongdae starts to circle his hips.

 

Baekhyun’s grip on Jongdae’s hip tightens and he helps Jongdae lift himself up and down on his . The heat encasing him is just so good and so tight that there is no way he would even be able to hide the vocalisation of his pleasure.

 

“ Baek, so good.” Jongdae pants. “, I missed this so much.”

 

“Me ah, me too.”

 

Jongdae then leans over so their chests are aligned together and slots their mouths together. The kiss is sloppy but neither minds, especially when Baekhyun’s hands grab Jongdae cheeks and parts them further, canting his own hips upwards to slam into his husbands willing hole.

 

Jongdae high pitched keens are like music to his ears. The drag of his along Jongdae’s walls gives him the much needed friction and he can feel his release building up. Between their bodies Jongdae’s is sandwiched between them and the friction there bringing him close to as well.

 

With new found strength Baekhyun reams up into Jongdae ruthlessly. Jongdae yells loudly as his is pounded hard. Every has the air punched out of Jongdae’s lungs. They’re both so close that all is takes is Baekhyun on his tongue for Jongdae to come with a scream. His causes his muscles to clench tight around Baekhyun’s and he too releases his load inside of Jongdae’s just like he had asked him to earlier.

 

Baekhyun continues to into Jongdae even after their s and Jongdae whines at the oversensitivity.

 

“Baek, enough.” He whispers.

 

Jongdae doesn’t wait for Baekhyun to answer and just rolls off, both wincing as he slips out of Jongdae.

 

Normally one of them would get up to clean each other up but they’re both too tired to stand up but neither of them want to move anyway. They’re content to lie in each other’s arms despite the fact that they’re going to feel disgusting and crusty in the morning.

 

It takes a while for their breathing to slow down but even after it does they’re both silent.

 

“As much as I’m proud of you I’m happy it’s over.” Jongdae breaks the silence.

 

“Me too.” Baekhyun agrees. “Me too.”

 

“It’s Saturday tomorrow, let’s do something.” Jongdae suggests.

 

“That sounds nice. What do you want to do?”

 

Jongdae hums sleepily. “Anything.”

 

“Okay.”

 


So this is a monster. I did not expect this to turn out this long but nothing ever really goes as expected does it? This is a prequel of another drabble that I did called Taken which all sort of takes place in a larger universe of my first even fic called Paint, which I do know that many of you have read it by the amount of requests for drabbles, something which actually makes me so happy you wouldn't believe. Paint was my first fic and even though there are a lot of mistakes I hold it very dear to my heart. The at the end isn't good at all but by the time I actually reached it I was exhausted and with how long it already was I didn't want it to be too much longer so I tried to cut it a little short. I'm not sure if everything makes sense (well it does to me anyway) so if you have any questions regarding this or other fics/drabbles of mine feel free to ask me and I'll answer them!

I had class sign ups this morning and let me tell you it put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. They started at 9am but I couldn't actually get on the website until 10am and by that time all of the class times that I wanted were already full. This always happens as class sign ups are at the same time for every student at the university which is just ridiculous! They really need to stagger it and/or do it by departments. Having everyone on at the same time creates to much traffic and the servers just can't handle it so they crash. It's always been a problem yet they have yet to do anything about it. It shouldn't take an hour to sign up for classes. Anyway this is just me venting about how I lost over an hour of my morning when I had other, more productive things planned for today.

Also I watched Idol Producer and Yixing is such a boss. He's critical but fair and this is what these trainees need in order to learn and improve quickly. I didn't think I would get into it so much as I don't really like survival shows but I really am enjoying it. And can I mention how much I love Nongnong. Like, he's so cute I just can't ^^

I don't want to talk to much about this but as most of you probably know Jonghyun's album was released yesterday. While watching the MV I couldn't help but notice how happy he looked and the upbeat feel of the music also added to that. At that time I did get a little emotional but it wasn't until I listened to the album alone in my room did it all sort of start to come out. The album was a masterpiece. He never fails to give us good music. I feel like it's a blessing to be able to listen to what he had worked so hard on. I know many people were conflicted about the album being release but I was happy. It was what he wanted and I'm glad that his wishes were respected. I still miss him and I'm sure that you do as well. Finally, I just want to say, "You did well Jonghyun, you did well."

Stay safe everyone and I hope you all have a great day. See you next week!