Why?

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by AlessaParra

Back onto the request, really random but can I request a Yoongi x Jongdae where renowned rapper-recently-turned-idol Yoongi has been offered to be host at a popular radio show for a night, which is a great chance because his group really could do with the advertising, and it would be alright if he wasn't because of his co-host for the night, renowned-rocker-Jongdae and his obnoxious antics. Lots of tension and teasing because of Jongdae and his touchy-feely nature and lots of funny moments with Yoongi questioning life choices would be awesome plus plot twist at the end where their chemistry is so good, they get an offer to come back and have their own special once a week or so.

 

Word count: 3472

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi didn’t know how he had gotten talked into this.

 

It was a great opportunity for him to get his and his group’s name out there. But why him? He was the last person who would have been good for this. Namjoon would have been a better call to make. He was their leader and by default the face of their group, wouldn’t he have been a better choice? Hell, even Jungkook would have been a better option and they all knew how he got when he was left alone in strange places. After a few talks with the directors he had finally conceded and agreed to take the job. It’s not like it would be a great decision to pass up a chance to get their name spread to new listeners.

 

He had come to terms with it and was actually sort of looking forward to it – not that he would ever say it to anyone. He did have an image to keep up.

 

That was until he got wind of who he would be co-hosting with.

 

Kim ing Jongdae. Better known by his stage name Chen.

 

Everyone in the industry knew who he was. He had made quite a name for himself. Coming from a company that largely pumped out pop acts and idol groups it had come as a great surprise when they had announced their newest act, a solo artist and not just any solo artist, a rock solo artist.

 

It hadn’t taken long for him to garner a large fan base consisting of females – which wasn’t really a surprise – as well as a large majority of males – which was a surprise. Even he could begrudgingly agree that his music was good and his voice suited the rock genre fantastically. His company had surely taken a gamble in debuting him but it had definitely paid off if his albums sales, music video views and concert ticket sales said anything.

 

He had only been around for a year before his own group had debuted and Yoongi may have been a little salty that he had become so popular in such a short amount of time. But that wasn’t what pissed him off about the man.

 

No. It was his attitude. How cocky he appeared, his lips curling into that feline smirk with his eyes that portrayed his confidence. He knew how popular he was and used it to his advantage. That’s what pissed him off.

 

It wasn’t because he looked like on legs. No not at all.

 

Admittedly he didn’t know all too much about the man a part from the achievements he had made but when it came to his personal life no one really did. While he appeared to by quite open and sociable, his personal life was something he kept to himself. He couldn’t really blame the man though. Everyone was entitled to a personal life.

 

He sighed.

 

Maybe it would be so bad?

 

 

~X~

 

 

He was wrong.

 

It was worse then what he could have imagined.

 

It had started off well enough. They had greeted each other normally, Yoongi making sure to remain respectful and Jongdae seemed to do the same. They both listened with rapt attention as the director ran through the schedule and segments, asking questions when necessary. It had taken him ten minutes to get used to the elders penchant to engage in physical affection. Well getting used to it was perhaps not the right way to describe it. Learned to ignore it seemed like a better description. It took everything in his body not to flinch away when they elder touched him in some way.

 

He didn’t know if the rocker could sense his unease or if he just didn’t care but he honestly wouldn’t be shocked to find out it was the latter. It seemed he had no regard for personal space.

 

He wanted to go home. Why had he agreed to this in the first place?

 

“So, now we’ll be answering some fan questions, right Suga-ssi?” Jongdae looks over him with a glint in his eyes that makes him want to flush. He’s just glad that the only viewable parts of this radio will be the game segment.

 

“That’s right! We’ll be answering some of the questions the listeners have posted onto the online forum.” Yoongi said, trying his hardest to keep the cheer in his voice as he felt the rockers hand come to rest on his thigh under the table. He could see the elder man looking at him from the corner of his eye, a glint in his eyes with a smirk to match watch he saw in those dark orbs and he had to restrain a full body shiver.

 

“Okay, I’ll start it off.” Jongdae announced with is piercing voice. “From viewer 2743, What first got you into music?’.” Jongdae read the questions. “Ahh, how about you answer first Suga-ssi?”

 

Yoongi sent the rocker a look but made no complaint. “I guess I’ve always had music. I started learning the piano at a young age because my parents wanted me to have a hobby. At first I didn’t enjoy it but as time went on as I got better. Before I entered middle school I got real into hip hop and rap and that’s when I started rapping, writing my own lyrics and messing around with beats and sounds.” Yoongi finished and looked over Jongdae.

 

“Mm…as for me I also learned how to play the piano at a young age. I was a very ah, loud child and it sometimes drove my parents mad so they signed my up with the choir at my school and that’s when I started singing and I haven’t stopped since.” He told, hand under his chin and lips close to the microphone. “You read the next question Suga-sii.”

 

“Viewer 2947 asks, ‘What would you be doing if you weren’t idols?’.” He says clamly, pausing afterwards to think about it for a moment. “I think maybe architecture or carpentering? Or something to do with music. It’s hard to say.”

 

“Oh, why architecture or carpentering?” Jongdae asks, interest peaked and Yoongi doesn’t know why he’s surprised by the genuine interest he’s showing.

 

“I’ve always been good at maths and there was a course that I did in highschool that combined the two and I found it really interesting.” He says. “Also when things break in the dorm I’m always the one to fix them.” He adds which makes Jongdae laugh and Yoongi can’t help the twitch his lips do at the sound.

 

“Well I’ve answered this many times before but something to do with music. I was actually preparing for my university entrance exam for vocals before I auditioned.” Yoongi nodded. He did know that, remembering having heard it on other broadcasts before. Not that he would ever admit he had been listening to them. No way.

 

They answered a few more questions before Yoongi saw a question that made him groan internally, knowing that he would have to answer it even though it was the last thing he wanted to do. It’s not like he had a choice though. They weren’t the ones to pick out the questions despite what the viewers thought. It was the staff that monitored the question board and handed them to them.

 

Yoongi could also see the exact moment that Jongdae’s eyes skimmed the question before he had to read it out loud, an annoyed furrow in his brow. It made Yoongi happy that he wasn’t the only one unimpressed by the question.

 

The rocker sighed before coming closer to the microphone. “Viewer 4619 asks, ‘What is your ideal type?’.” Yoongi is impressed at how he had managed to keep the annoyance out of his voice while reading the question out and thinks it probably has to do with the experience he’s had from appearing on variety shows and interviews. “Well a human being for starters.” He sasses and Yoongi nearly chokes on the mouthful of water he had just taken causing Jongdae to smile.

 

There silence for a moment before Yoongi realises that Jongdae has nothing else to add. “Uh… someone opposite from myself in personality.”

 

“How come?” Jongdae asks without leaving a beat.

 

“Well if my partner had the same personality as me it would be like I’m dating myself and that’s not something that I could really see working.” He says and is confused by why his answer has Jongdae brightening up.

 

“Fair enough.” He comments. “That’s it for the questions today everyone! We’ll have a break before we begin the game segment which I’m sure you’ve all been waiting for.” The rockers sends him a wink and Yoongi can’t help but think that he knows something he doesn’t. “For now enjoy ‘Tomorrow’ by BTS, written by none other than Suga who is sitting right next to me.” He finishes and slips his headphones off, Yoongi doing the same, again surprised by the rockers actions.

 

“Hey you did pretty good. I know you haven’t been on a lot of variety shows or radios but you have nothing to be worried about.” Jongdae compliments him and usually he would be angry at someone pointing out his inexperience but he could only feel warm at the praise.

 

Yoongi just bows he head slightly at the elder and trying not that think about how attractive he looks when he smiles.

 

Jongdae leans back on his chair, his ankle of right leg coming to rest on his left knee and straw of his iced Americano between his thin lips, eyes fully set on Yoongi as they rake across his frame. Yoongi feels under his gaze, his eyes just as piercing as his voice. “So… someone opposite from you, huh?” he drawled, tone casual. Yoongi doesn’t quite understand what he’s playing at.

 

“So… a human being, huh?” Yoongi decides to play along and it’s them that something clicks, like a lightbulb being and suddenly everything makes sense. For now he’ll keep it to himself.

 

He doesn’t know if he had been obvious or not but the rockers raised eyebrow says a lot.

 

“Yep.” He pops the ‘p’ obnoxiously. “So, are you ready for the game? Because I sure am.” he says conversationally and Yoongi wants to die at the mention of the game.

 

Yoongi has no time to respond before the timer countdowns to zero and the music stops and the radio begins. He hurries to put his headphones pack on in time and get closer to the mic in order to say his scripted lines.

 

“Welcome back! For those of you who are just joining us we are your guest co-hosts today. I’m Chen – “

 

“ – and I’m Suga.” Yoongi finished off. “Earlier today we read out some or your worries, answered some questions and listened to some music.”

 

Jongdae continued. “Next we’re going to be playing a little game, one that had been highly requested might I add. A game that include blindfolds. Can anyone take a guess at what this game could be?” He raises his eyebrows suggestively and Yoongi feels his face go red, wanting to throttle the man for causing such a reaction for one and going off script for a second, the only reassurance being that the viewable section had yet to begin.

 

It’s Yoongi’s turn to announce the game. “We’ll be playing a blindfolded guessing game. A staff member will hold an object between the two of us and we’ll use the sense of touch on our face to guess what the object is.” He could practically hear the screams.

 

“Get ready because the viewable part of this broad cast will begin in three, two, one – “

 

“Now!” they both say together waving at the cameras.

 

“We don’t have too much time so let’s get this started!” Jongdae said enthusiastically, whether or not it was fake or genuine Yoongi didn’t know but after spending some time with him he would take a guess at it being the later.

 

A staff member passes them each a blindfold and they both don’t hesitate to put them on. Yoongi doesn’t know what it is but there’s something about not being able to see, being surrounded in darkness that’s comforting, exciting and terrifying at the same time. Maybe it’s because it introduces the element of the unknown.

 

Yoongi feels the presence of someone else coming closer and knows that it’s Jongdae, the elder having wheeled himself closer to the point where there is barely any space between them and finds that the contact makes him feel warmer then what it rightly should.

 

“Okay, so this is the first object.” The female staff member says and Yoongi can hear very faint swishing movements that indicates that the staff member is showing the object to the camera before he feels something rough against his cheek and then the press of Jongdae’s face on the other side pressing against the object as well.

 

“It feels lake sandpaper or something.” Jongdae says and the ‘ding’ sound that comes after surprises then both. “Wait, really?!” his voice does nothing to hide his surprise. They both slip their blindfolds onto their foreheads and look at the object. Jongdae laughs a little and looks at Yoongi. “Oh wow.”

 

‘Oh wow indeed’ Yoongi thinks. “You must have good sensors on you face.” he says, not really caching onto the double meaning until the rocker raises his eyebrows at him. This time Yoongi doesn’t hesitate and kicks Jongdae under the table who hisses as his foot connects with his shin.

 

“Chen: one and Suga: zero.” Announces the staff member, bringing them back to the game. “Blindfolds back on and get ready for the second object.”

 

They both do as they’re told. Yoongi waits in anticipation for the second round to start, trying his best to ignore the rockers hand crawling up his leg. He places his hand on top of the elders wandering hand when it gets too far up hoping that would stop him, but all Jongdae does it turn his hand around and interlock their fingers.

 

Yoongi can feel his face heat up and even though he can’t see Jongdae and Jongdae can’t see him he’s one hundred percent sure that he’s smirking.

 

He feels the second object press against his cheek and this time he’s determined to get the answer right. He wouldn’t consider himself as someone who was competitive but there was just something about the elder that had him wanting to win, wanting to play and in more ways than one.

 

He moves his head around trying to get a proper feel of this object and he knows that Jongdae is doing the same. He can tell that there is something definitely familiar about the object but he can’t quite place it.

 

“It seems really familiar…” he mumbles.

 

“Ahh I have no idea what this could be~” Jongdae whines and Yoongi chuckles. If there’s one this he’s learnt it is that the rocker certainly liked to whine. Suddenly the object disappeared and his cheek collides with Jongdae’s and he flinches away from the rocker.

 

“Sorry.” The staff member apologises and the object is placed between them again and Yoongi was grateful. That simple contact between their skin had done more to him then he would like to admit.

 

“I don’t think you’re sorry at all.” Jongdae teases the staff member and Yoongi was sure that the viewers would be laughing at their screens… or squealing. Or both.

 

It’s then that it hits Yoongi juat what the object is.

 

“Umbrella!” he says and rejoices when the ‘ding’ sounds.

 

“Ohh really?” says Jongdae. “Good job!” he claps, his hand finally detaching itself from his thigh.

 

“Chen: one and Suga: one. Unfortunately because we’re running out of time we’ll only be able to play one more round so this round will decide the winner!” The staff member announces.

 

“What does the winner get?” Jongdae asks and Yoongi was glad that he didn’t because he was curious as well.

 

“The winner gets to choose two of the concerns from the first segment and gift the people who had sent them in with a signed Polaroid.”

 

“That just makes me more determined to win it.” The rocker comments and Yoongi nods his head.

 

They know they don’t have much time left so they slip back on their blindfolds and get ready for the final round.

 

This time when the object is pressed to his cheek he knows that whatever it is, it’s extremely thin. So thin that he can feel Jongdae’s skin against his own and the elder warm breath on his face when he moves to get a feel of the object.

 

It’s all be can focus on which is why he’s not even remotely surprised when it’s Jongdae that manages to guess it first.

 

“Album. It’s an album!”

 

They take off their blindfolds and lo and behold, there in the staff members had is an album and not just any album.

 

“Oh my god this is my first album.” Says Jongdae in awe, gently taking it from the staff members hands and inspecting it. Yoongi watches as the rocker looks at it fondly, a look or nostalgia on his face and Yoongi can relate. He sometimes finds himself just looking at BTS’s first album, admiring the start of their journey towards their dream and knows that that album means just as much to Jongdae as his does for him.

 

“It feels like so long ago.” He says softly, to quiet for anyone but Yoongi to hear.

 

“Chen: two and Suga: one. Congratulations Chen!” the staff announces the result and they all clap, even Jongdae.

 

“Congratulations.” Yoongi says.

 

“Ahh, it’s too bad we couldn’t play longer.” He says and Yoongi could admit that he was a little disappointed that is was already over. Time to turn back to the script.

 

“Thankyou for everyone who tuned in to the viewable section of this radio tonight but unfortunately it’s time for the cameras to turn off.”

 

“Thankyou and goodnight everyone!” Jongdae brings an end to the viewbale radio and they both waved until they are signalled to stop. “This session is drawing to a close so I’ll be picking out two lucky people from who sent in their concerns who will receive a signed polaroid. Wait! Actually Suga-ssi, how about we both choose one each?” Jongdae suggests.

 

Yoongi’s eyes widen. “Are you sure? You won.”

 

“I’m sure.”

 

“Thankyou.” Yoongi says slightly stunned. The rocker just keeps on surprising him.

 

They quickly pick out the two winners, saying their ID’s into the microphone and telling them that their polaroid will be sent to the address listed.

 

“Well that’s it folks! It’s the end of our time with you tonight.”

 

Yoongi picks up after Jongdae. “I’m speaking for both of us when I say that we’ve both had a wonderful time as special co-hosts, reading out your concerns and questions.”

 

“We hope you all have a great night.”

 

“Bye, bye.” They both say at the same time.

 

Yoongi slumps back on his chair when it’s over. This whole thing was more exhausting then one would think. All he wanted to do was sleep, maybe eat if he had the energy left.

 

“Well, I’m sort of sad that it’s over.” Jongdae says and Yoongi looks over at him. “I won’t get to see your face anymore.”

 

Oh god. This just confirms it.

 

Jongdae had been flirting with him the entire time and Yoongi can’t really say that it was unwelcomed.

 

Yoongi didn’t really know how to respond. He sort of just gaped at the elder who looks immensely amused at his reaction.

 

“Ah, such a shame.” He hums, his lips, Jongdae tracking the movement with his eyes. Yoongi picks up his phone to distract himself from the rocker across from him only to have it snatched from his hand.

 

“H-hey!” he exclaims.

 

‘Don’t worry. I’m just putting my number in your phone.” He waves Yoongi off, placing the phone back into his hand when he’s finished and Yoongi just looks at it.

 

Jongdae gets out of his chair and leans down to whisper into his ear. “Call me some time.” he says and Yoongi shivers.

 

On the ride home he can’t help but play back every one of their interactions.

 

One day later he gets a message from the number that he’s been trying to keep himself from touching.

 

From Jongdae :3

I just heard from my manager that they liked our ‘chemistry’ so much that they’ve invited us to be special co-hosts once a month

 

Yoongi starts at the message wide eyed. But it’s the next one that has him gulping.

 

From Jongdae :3

Looks like we’re going to be seeing a whole lot of each other from now on ;)

 


Again this is another one that I'm not all to sure about. I'm well aware that my weakness when it comes to writing is dialogue and I've been trying to improve but I don't know how much I have. Sometimes it's pretty easy and then there are other times where I just have no idea. Also I'm posting this much earlier then I usually would because I'm going to be watching MAMA in Japan Live.

I have some good news on my part though. The place that I've been working at occasionally when they need extra people have officially hired me so as of yesterday I am an employed individual. It pays pretty well and with it being the holidays hopefully I'll get lots of shifts. I need to save for a new car. I think mine is about to kick the bucket :( It's also been pretty bad, especially today. My best friend had to put down one of her rabbits yesterday (R.I.P Oreo <3) and she took her 9 month old cat to the vets today and found out there's a big possibility she'll have to put him down. He has feline infectious peritonitis. She's going to get a second opinion tomorrow but it's not looking good and she's absolutely devastated. I hope there's good news. She hasn't had a lot of good news lately :/

All of EXO's teasers are out and they're all so interesting and unique. But of course Jongdae's is my favourite. His eye lashes! Junmyeon's would be my second favourite. It's so tranquil and different from the rest so it really intrigued me. I think Baekhyun or Chanyeol would be third. And speaking of Chanyeol, Happy (late) Birthday Yeollie~

I love the remix of MIC Drop! Steve did such a good job and the video is top class like wow... I do have to admit that I'm not all that keen on the version with Desiigner. It's not bad but I definitely prefer the youtube version. I actually have quite a bit to catch up on with BTS, mainly performances. I was going to watch the new Run episode last night but got sidetracked while I was writing. I've seen clips from it on Twitter and it looks like a fun time like usual.

MAMA voting is officially over. I was quite surprised last night when I checked the comments under the soompi article on twitter and most were off the fandoms congratulating each other and that made my really happy. There were obviously a few who were trying to start but for the most part is was full of support and positive messages. This is what I like to see, especially as every artist nominated deserves it.

And don't worry I haven't forgotten the Elyxion. It was amazing! No, I didn't go (I wish though) but I watched it on twitter with periscope streams. Firstly, I just want to say KIM JUNMYEON HOW DARE YOU! This boy snapped big time like holy moley. Baekhyun and Jongdae's vocals in the opening are just breathtaking. Kyungsoo singing an English version of For Life was everything I didn't know I wanted. Chanyeol's rap was so emotional. The fact that he wrote lyrics and showed up something that's close to his heart and then teared up whilst performing it... We love you Park Chanyeol! Sehun's been working out like damn boy, look who's a buff noodle now. Jongin's dance was great as always. But poor baby you don't need to cry for making a mistake! You did great! Jongdae's rearranged version of Heaven was so good to listen to. Minseok and Baekhyun killed their dance break. Let me tell you how happy I was to see them perform Coming Over and Run This. I love Run This and have been waiting for a live performance for ages. The remix version of Power was awesome. I am salty that they didn't perform Going Crazy but heard they had problems with the writer/producer of the song or something which is why they couldn't perform it.

I'm going to leave it at this because MAMA is starting! See you~