Love Yourself

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by SparklyEyedS.Coups

The pairing is Suga and Jin and it's platonic. Since they are roommates, I was imagining one where Jin breaks down and gets upset because he believes he isn't good enough for the group and has no faith in his abilities and he tries to hide it, but Suga notices very quickly and immediately comforts him and speaks from the heart to let him know that Jin is not at all inferior to the others. I also like the prospect of Suga being extremely protective of Jin in this state and not tolerating the other members' when he knows it might unintentionally affect him.

 

Word count: 1950

 

 

 

 

 

When Yoongi had first heard that Seokjin was going to be his next roommate he had actually let out a huge sigh of relief. Sure, Seokjin had the tendency to joke around as much as the younger members did but he was quieter and respected his privacy. It was also an added bonus that they got along pretty well. Being the eldest in the group it was sort of inevitable that they had gotten close. It’s not like he could even think about not liking Seokjin though, it was practically impossible. There was just something about him that just made everyone he met like him.

 

They knew a lot about each other that the other members didn’t even know. They were each others safe place.

 

Which is why Yoongi knew something was wrong with the elder.

 

They day had started off as normal. They all got up, ate breakfast, showered and dressed before the vocal line was whisked off to vocal practice and the rappers off to the studio to work on some new tracks.

 

After a few hours of fiddling with sounds, melodies and lyrics they left the studio and headed to the dance studio to wait for the vocalists to finish vocal practice so they could refine their newest dances before their live stages.

 

The three of them were just quietly chatting amongst one another when the others walked in. Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook were laughing and joking around, pushing and shoving each other in good fun. Usually Yoongi would have smiled at the sight but one thing was different, something just wasn’t right.

 

Seokjin wasn’t joining in.

 

Yoongi frowned as he took in the down expression on the elder face. He looked over to Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung but their jubilant display didn’t indicate that anything had happened to explain Seokjin’s down attitude.

 

He was about to go over to the elder and ask him what was wrong but before he could reach him the choreographer had called for everyone to stand in position and they all complied without pause. He would have to ask later.

 

By the time practice was over they were all sweaty and tired but they all had smiles on their faces for such a successful practice, all but one of them and Yoongi found his own smile wanning when he noticed Seokjin looked even more upset than what he had been when he had first walked into the room. They were wiping their sweat off with their towels and getting ready to leave when the voice of their choreographer made them all stop.

 

“Seokjin, can I talk to you for a moment?” he asked and Yoongi didn’t miss the way his muscles tensed.

 

“Sure.” He said with happiness Yoongi knew was fake.

 

“We’ll wait for you hyung!” Taehyung said enthusiastically but Seokjin shook his head.

 

“No, you guys go on ahead and get some rest. I’ll meet you back at the dorm.” He shooed them away, a strained smile on his lips, one that only Yoongi seemed to notice.

 

“Okay! We’ll see you later.” Hoseok waved, prompting the others to do the same as they walked away. Reluctantly Yoongi did the same, looking back just in time to see Seokjin’s form slump as he made his way over to the choreographer.

 

It was hours before Yoongi caught sight of the elder again. They had already eaten, Seokjin’s cooking being sorely missed that night but they had managed to concoct something that was edible and wouldn’t cause them to be sent to the hospital and Yoongi had made sure to set aside a plate for when he returned. He had tried calling Seokjin but his phone had gone straight to voice mail and it was obvious that he had turned it off. That didn’t sit right with Yoongi, not one little bit.

 

He had asked the maknae line if anything had happened in during vocal practice and all three of them had shaken their heads.

 

“I mean, hyung seemed a little off, tired maybe but…” Jungkook had said.

 

“Okay, thanks Kook.” Yoongi had waved them off, all three disappearing into Jungkook and Jimin’s room to play video games.

 

It was late and most of them had already headed off to bed but Yoongi decided to wait for Seokjin to come back.

 

Yoongi was on the lounge with the television on low volume when he heard the turning of the knob and the soft clunk indicating the opening and closing of the front door. His head turned towards that direction immediately and the first thing his sees is Seokjin’s red eyes. It takes Seokjin a little longer to notice that he’s not alone.

 

“Oh, hey Yoongi.” Seokjin greets lightly and Yoongi can tell that the singer is trying to act normal but he can see right through him. He had always been able to.

 

“There’s food in the fridge for you and don’t worry, it’s not going to kill you.” Yoongi decides it’s best to act normal. At least for now.

 

“I’m not really that hungry. I was just going to head to bed.” Seokjin smiled softy and Yoongi inwardly grimaced. He hated it when Seokjin tried to keep everything in.

 

“Okay.” Yoongi said simply, watching as Seokjin made his way to their shared room. The door shut with a small click and Yoongi was once again left alone with only the low volume of the television as company.

 

He waited a few minutes before turning off the television and padding his way to their room. Before he entered he stopped at the door and due to the quietness of the house he could hear the faint sniffles coming from behind the door. Taking a breath he finally opening the door and the sniffles abruptly stopped. Yoongi the light and Seokjin become visible, his body bundled in his blankets as he was curled into a ball underneath them.

 

With barely even a sound Yoongi walked over to the elders bed and sat down. He could feel Seokjin go completely still and Yoongi did the thing that both of them had done with each other before… he lifted up the corner of the blanket and crawled under it, lying to face Seokjin and pulling the covers back over him, encasing them both in the blankets.

 

The covers were thin enough that that light could somewhat penetrate through the material making it possible for them to see each other. Yoongi took in the elders red eyes and wet cheeks and he blinked back at him remaining silent with an embarrassed and ashamed look on his face causing his lips to turn down.

 

“I thought we promised not to hide things like this from each other?” Yoongi said softy, breaking the silence. “Talk to me hyung.”

 

“It’s nothing.” Seokjin said weakly. “Just me being stupid.”

 

“It’s not nothing. It’s obviously something if it has you upset enough to try and hide yourself away.” There was no judgement in his voice. He was just stating facts. For a long time none of them spoke. Yoongi’s focus was completely on Seokjin, his eyes taking in every expression, every movement.

 

“Do you… do you every feel like you’re not good enough?” he spoke. “Like you don’t deserve what you have?”

 

Yoongi hummed. “Sometimes.” He’s completely honest. He’s pretty sure everyone has felt like that at least once in their life time. He knows that he certainly has. “What brought this on?”

 

“Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung always do great during vocal practice. They rarely make mistakes where I’m always do and the coach always has to stop and help me. It’s the same for our dances. I pick them up the slowest, I make the most mistakes and because of that we’re always staying back longer to make sure I finally get it.” Everything comes pouring out and Yoongi listens without butting in. He’ll until Seokjin is finished.

 

“Hoseok gives up his own free time to work with me. It doesn’t matter if he’s tired, he’ll still does it.” His words begin to wobble. “I’m not a good dancer. I’m not even a good singer. I don’t even know how I’m here now, I don’t deserve it. All I have is my face and even that means nothing. It’s not special.” A tear slips down his cheek. “You’re all so talented, so good at what you do and then there’s me. Why do you guys even put up with me? I’m just holding you back.”

 

Even though Yoongi in not one for physical affection he knows it’s what works best when comforting Seokjin. He cups the side of Seokjin face that’s not pressed into the bed and wipes the tears that had fallen. “You don’t give yourself enough credit.” He starts, voice calm and deep. “Sure, I can’t deny that you’re good looking but if that’s all you were do you really think you would be here, in this group?” he questions but doesn’t give the elder time to reply. He’s not finished.

 

“Do you think Hoseok’s always been good at dancing? That Namjoon and I have always been good at rapping? That Jungkook’s always been good at singing? We weren’t. Trust me when I say this but when I first started I was horrible.” He laughs lightly at the memories of his early embarrassment. “But we all worked hard to improve and here we are now. You’re wrong when you say you’re not good at singing. Seokjin, your voice is beautiful. It’s unique. A tone that I’ve never heard before.”

 

“You’ve worked hard, probably harder than anyone of us to get where you are now. You deserve this. BTS wouldn’t be BTS without you. So don’t sell yourself short.” Yoongi finished and a silence settled over them once again.

 

Seokjin’s eyes were glued onto his own, like was looking into Yoongi’s soul to see if he was lying only to find nothing to indicate that his words hadn’t been anything but the truth. His lip begins to wobble and Yoongi is not surprised when Seokjin buries his face into his chest, his hand clutching at his shirt as the tears fell down his face and wetting the material of Yoongi’s shirt.

 

Yoongi patted the elders back in a manner that was only slightly awkward. He had gotten better over the years after living with overly affectionate people. Soon Seokjin’s cries began to settle to small sniffles and even after they had completely stopped Yoongi still petted his back, keeping the elder close to him in the comfort he knew he needed.

 

“Thankyou Yoongz.” Seokjin mumbled in exhaustion, his eyes struggling to stay open. Seokjin always found bursts of emotion tiring.

 

Yoongi smiled. “There’s no need to thank me hyung. You would do the same for me.” He waved his thanks off. “Go to sleep hyung.” He prompted and Seokjin hummed, moving his body into a more comfortable position in Yoongi’s arms.

 

Yoongi watched as Seokjin’s eyes fluttered before they closed and his body completely relaxed as his consciousness takes him far away.

 

“You’re worth more than you give yourself credit for hyung. Love yourself, like we all love you.” He whispered as he to, was taken away before he could see that smile that settled on Seokjin’s lips.

 

 

~X~

 

 

The next morning Yoongi made sure that not a bad word about Seokjin came out of the members mouths, something which each of them followed without question. Not that they would even think about going against Yoongi’s words when it concerned Seokjin anyway. They were all aware of how fiercely protective he became when the elder was concerned and vice versa.

 

Not that Yoongi would ever admit it though.

 


Guys, I only have one more assignment due and them I'm free!! That is until exams haha. You're all probably tired of hearing about it but that's all my life has been about the last few weeks. For all of you who have yet to experience university life this is what it's like. But to be real it really is fun. I definitely have more motivation to actually attend seeing as I'm doing something that I actually want to learn about. I have a presentation tomorrow with my group. I'm not nervous about it in the least bit. What I am worried about is I have a big feeling that one of my group members won't show up tomorrow. I hope she does but honestly at this point I don't have a whole lot of faith that she will. We'll see... I'll let y'all know next week anyway.

I have the sudden compulsion to re-watch supernatural and this is a bad thing I can't do this right now. 13 seasons with 22-24 episodes each... god help me. I stopped watching halfway through season 10 (I think) but I started reading fanfics on it again and now I've gotten nostalgic and want to watch what I've already seen and catch up on what I haven't.

Excited about the Jongdae and 10cm collaboration. Been waiting for this for a while. Pretty surprised to see BTS and UNICEF tram up for the 'Love Yourself' anti-violence campaign. My Yixing 'Sheep' album arrived last week as well. The photos are gorgeous :3

I'm gonna leave it at this for today. See you lovelies next week~

*Also, I'm thinking about doing a Q&A thingy. No questions as of yet but let me know if you're interested in asking some questions.