Lucky

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Mhtbleach

Just thinking… What if CBX went to Japan and Baek decides to pull a prank on Chenchen. But it turns out bad and our little kitten almost gets catnapped if it wasn’t for BTS.

Minnie gives Baek a hard time for losing their precious maknae and Chenchen is so out of it that he can’t remember where they’re staying and he can’t call because his phone got broken during the incident.

Baek could have dared Chenchen that he wouldn’t be able to pick up some food of them dressed like a girl…

Or just simple, Chenchen was supposed to meet Baek in front of a club and Baek decided to let him sweat a little bit by coming late. Once he arrives, he can’t find Chenchen and he only finds his broken phone.

 

Word count: 3034

 

 

 

 

He really needed to stop being so naïve.

 

He also needed to stop putting his faith in Baekhyun’s words. He was just so convincing it was hard not to go along with it.

 

So here he found himself on the sidewalk waiting for Baekhyun to arrive so they can visit this new club that was apparently the talk of the town, not like he would be able to understand that talk seeing as his Japanese skills were still more than lacking. He didn’t even know why he was doing this. He didn’t like partying.

 

Sure, he did enjoy a good drink from time to time and liked to dance to music but club settings weren’t really his thing. But Baekhyun had looked so dejected when he said no that he just couldn’t help but finally agree despite the look of disapproval being sent his way from Minseok.

 

He curses himself internally as he realises it’s thirty minutes past the time Baekhyun had said he would meet him there he still hadn’t shown up. This is the second time in two days Baekhyun had managed to make him do something he really didn’t want to. He shuddered as memories of yesterday filter back into the forefront of his mind.

 

He promises to burn that dress when he gets the time to. He’s just lucky he had shaved his legs the day before and that Baekhyun is surprisingly good at applying makeup or he would have received a lot of unwanted attention as he walked the streets, none the wiser that they were walking next to EXO’s Chen who just so happened to be dressed as a girl. He knows he’ll have nightmares about it later. He shudders at the thought.

 

Now, back to the present.

 

He was incredibly annoyed. It was getting late and he was starting to shiver, the cold going straight through to his bones as his clothes were definitely not built to face the colder elements. He hadn’t dressed appropriately like he normally would but he hadn’t expected to be outside for this long. He knew it never took long to warm up in clubs, the warmth of the many bodies practically acting as a heater.

 

He stuffed his hands in his pockets in a futile attempt to warm them up. It was dark, Japans night life in full swing. People were all over the streets, most walking in pairs or small groups dressed like they were going to hit the clubs, something which he would have already been doing if it wasn’t for the fact that Baekhyun still had yet to show with no message to indicate he was running late.

 

He pulled out his phone to see if he had received anything since the last time he had checked it and wasn’t surprised to find that there was still nothing. He sighed.

 

He was about to put his phone back into his pocket when he felt a presence behind him. Despite his annoyance he smiled.

 

“It’s about time you showed up!” he says as he turns around only for his smile to nearly completely vanish as it’s not Baekhyun he sees, but a slightly intimidating man standing before him. “Um… can I help you?” he stutters out in what’s probably awful Japanese pronunciation. He doesn’t even know if he says what he thinks he said.

 

“Korean?” the mans asks him and Jongdae become more weary due to the deep and gravely nature of the mans voice. Jongdae doesn’t know why but he nods, albeit hesitantly. “Good. Come.” The mans says in simple Korean and Jongdae just stares at the man like he’s grown a second head.

 

“Um, no thankyou. I’m waiting for a friend.” He takes a step back unlocking his phone to call Baekhyun but is stopped when his arms is grabbed and yanked, his phone falling out of his hand and smashing to the floor, the screen going completely black and Jongdae panics. It’s more than likely to be broken.

 

He looks around for help as he tries to resist as the man tries to pull his closer towards the street where a conveniently placed van is waiting, something he had only just noticed, but either no one notices what is happening right before their eyes or no one cares that someone is just about to be kidnapped.

 

He’s about to cry out when he’s ripped away from the man and pushed behind someone, multiple bodies surrounding him with and arm wrapped around his waist to support his body, his knees weak.

 

The only question he has on his mind is what on earth had just happened.

 

 

~X~

 

 

They loved Japan. It was so different yet so similar to Korea at the same time. It wasn’t often they had time to spare while they were in the country but it seemed like luck was on their side this time. They were all excited, even Yoongi who usually preferred to stay in and sleep when they had the time. Actually, he had probably been the most excited out of all of them.

 

Their schedules that day didn’t finish until a bit after eight pm, so by the time they had all gotten back to their temporary accommodation, had a quick bite to eat, showered and gotten changed it was close to eleven at night. They had all experienced just how cold it could get of a night time so they were sure to rug up. They couldn’t afford to get sick.

 

The city looked amazing of a night time. The lights shone brightly and paired up with the bustling of pedestrians and traffic only added to the atmosphere. It was a city that never slept, the streets packed with people long into the night and into the next morning.

 

“Hey! Can we go to that sushi place we went to last time?” Taehyung asked, puppy eyes looking straight into Namjoon’s.

 

“We just ate Tae.” Namjoon pointed out.

 

“But I’m starving! I could die.” He whined as he clutched his stomach dramatically and Namjoon rolled his eyes.

 

“Come on Joon. You know we could all eat more.” Seokjin said to the leader.

 

“You know we have three bottomless pits in this group.” Yoongi added, earning a hey from Seokjin, Taehyung and Jungkook simultaneously.

 

Namjoon sighed. “I guess we could.” He caved, earning yips from the members. “Come on then.” He waved them in the direction of the sushi bar. They may have only been there once but it was hard to forget the way there. He had also had plenty of experience manoeuvring the streets of Seoul so this was a piece of cake.

 

They passed multiple clubs on the way there. Most of them were hidden during the day, hidden so well you wouldn’t even notice them as you walked right by. They actively avoided the clubs unless they had no choice but they knew they couldn’t stay out to late and going around them would take way to long so the only option left for them was to pass right through the middle.

 

As they walked they talked amongst themselves. They were listening to Seokjin drone on about this new recipe he had found when their attention is drawn elsewhere.

 

“Hey… is that Chen from EXO?” Hoseok questioned. The members turned towards him and followed over to where he was pointing, squinted at the man in question.

 

“I can’t be. EXO aren’t in Japan at the moment.” Said Jimin, frowning.

 

“No.” Jungkook said, eying the man critically. “But CBX are.”

 

It’s then that he notices the man who could be Chen looks uncomfortable, another bigger and much nastier looking man standing in front of him.

 

“Even if it’s not I think we should do something, he doesn’t look comfortable at all.” Seokjin comments, sounding concerned by what they were witnessing. They all nod.

 

Just as they started moving forwards they see maybe Chen step back, only for his arm to be grabbed and his body yanked forward by the other man. They race forward, reaching them just before they make it onto the street and rip the shorter maybe Chen man away from the other man.

 

Namjoon pulls the maybe Chen behind him and out of the other mans reach, Jungkook and Seokjin coming to stand next to him. They may be the biggest three in the group and while the other man is bigger than them in both height and muscle mass, there’s no way he would even think to try anything against more than one individual.

 

“Just what do you think you were doing?” Namjoon snarls, thanking the heavens that he had studied up on enough Japanese words and phrases to string the sentence together.

 

The man doesn’t reply, only taking one look at them all to before walking off, knowing there was no point in fighting it. Jungkook wants to chase after him but he knows it’ll do no good. What could they really do anyway?

 

The three of them turn around to see the others trying to calm down the man who, now that they have a better look at him can tell that he’s definitely EXO’s Chen.

 

He’s shaking, obviously shocked by what had just happened but really, who wouldn’t be? It’s not every day that you’re practically nearly kidnapped right on the streets with hundreds of bystanders.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Taehyung asks the older man who looks at him, eyes wide at both the situation that had just occurred and that the people who had saved him were BTS.

 

He opens his mouth to answer then only to close it as he tries to process what had just happened. It’s something that’s not easy for him to try to get his head around. “Um, I’m – I’m okay… I think.” He says, voice shaking. “I was almost kidnapped.” He whispers as if to himself though it’s loud enough for everyone to hear. “Thankyou.” He says, looking at them with so much sincerity they can practically feel it.

 

There’s no need for him to thank them but none bother to try and tell him otherwise. They all just smile at him reassuringly. Seokjin is about to speak when the older man shivers, bringing his arms up to hug himself this time because of the cold and they can all see that his clothes were not made to keep him warm.

 

“Here, take this.” Seokjin shrugs of his jacket and holds it out to the singer who takes it with hesitant hands.

 

“Are you sure?” he asks.

 

“I’m sure. You need it more than what I do anyway.” At that he puts the jacket on, zipping it up right to his neck. The jacket is too big for him, that much they could tell. It dwarfed him and they had to fight the urge not to coo at the adorable site, the elder pulling the sleeves to cover his hands certainly didn’t make it any easier for them to resist.

 

“Hey, Chen um… we were just about to go and get something to eat if you wanted to tag along.” Namjoon suggests knowing that the singer wouldn’t want to be alone after what had happened and neither of them really wanted to leave him alone in the first place. Who knows if that guy was still lurking around somewhere ready to strike again.

 

Chen looks like he’s about to decline the offer but they can all see the moment he caves in, his need for company over taking everything else. “Sure.” He says and the members lead him in the direction on the sushi place.

 

Jongdae walks between them, Taehyung with a hand around his waist on one side and Jimin on the other. He’s the same height as Jimin but in this instance, between the two and snuggled in Seokjin’s oversized jacket he looks so much smaller.

 

The one thought they all have on their minds is that they were lucky Taehyung had wanted sushi so much. God only knows what could have happened to the older singer if they hadn’t been there to stop it.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Baekhyun was late.

 

He was late and it wasn’t an accident.

 

He had just wanted to have some fun. He knew the younger wouldn’t be angry, annoyed definitely but not angry. It was just some harmless fun and Jongdae was too easy to trick. He was naïve and it was something that everyone was aware of. He always sort of felt bad for the tricks he played on the younger beagle but he would just laugh it off and that guilt would disappear.

 

He looked at his phone and seeing that it was an hour past their meeting time he decided he had made him wait long enough. He opening his contacts to call the other but it just kept ringing and Baekhyun frowned, letting it ring out only to call his immediately after. His frown deepened.

 

It wasn’t like Jongdae to not pick up the phone when someone called. Sure, he was a bit lazy when it came to messages but never to phone calls. Maybe he was ignoring him? But if he was ignoring him Baekhyun knew that he would have declined the call rather than let it ring out. He would want Baekhyun to know that he was annoyed.

 

He walked from the twenty four hour café he had been waiting at to the club where he had asked Jongdae to meet him, calling Jongdae on the way and still receiving no response from the younger singer. He walked faster, his walk turning into a jog as he tried to get there as soon as possible, the dial tone ringing in his ear.

 

When he reached the club he looked around but Jongdae was nowhere in sight. He rung it again and didn’t hear it ringing. Did he leave? Did something happen to him? He continued to look around, walking around the area quickly as he started to get worried.

 

Suddenly he stepped on something, the crunching sound making him stop dead in his feet. Looking down he lifts up his foot and swears he feels his heart lodge itself in his throat as he recognises the familiar phone of Jongdae, the case being a dead giveaway that it’s his.

 

He picks it up, taking in the cracked screen. He tries to turn it on but nothing happens. It’s completely dead, a lost cause.

 

Baekhyun begins to panic.

 

What on earth had happened for Jongdae’s phone to end up smashed on the floor with the owner being nowhere to be found?

 

He does the only thing he can think of.

 

He messages Minseok.

 

Hyung…I lost Jongdae

 

It didn’t even take a minute for Minseok to respond.

 

From: Minnie hyung

What do you mean you lost Jongdae?!!!

 

Baekhyun gulped.

 

Minseok was going to kill him and then he was going to get Kyungsoo to help him hide his body.

 

 

~X~

 

 

“Hey hyung. Do you want to message Baekhyun hyung and tell him you’re alright?” Taehyung asked Jongdae. The elder had given them permission to call him by his real name and Taehyung had been taken full advantage of it.

 

Jongdae’s face twisted into an annoyed expression at the mention of Baekhyun’s before morphing into one of mourning. “My phone. It got knocked out of my hand and broke. It’s still back at the club.” He whined. “It’s probably useless now.” He says, upset. He had only just gotten a new phone as well.

 

“Here.” Taehyung hands his phone over to Jongdae. “I have Baekhyun’s number if you want to call him or something… let him know where you are.”

 

Jongdae takes Taehyung’s phone and opens up the message app. After finding Baekhyun’s number he types out a quick message. He would call be he’s to annoyed at the elder to even think about talking to him.

 

This is Jongdae

 

Jongdae waited.

 

From: Baek-hyung

IS THAT REALLY YOU DAE?!

WHERE ARE YOU!

WHAT HAPPENED

WHY IS YOUR PHONE BROKEN AND SMASHED TO PIECES??

WAIT…

WHY ARE YOU TEXTING FROM TAEHYUNGS PHONE?

 

Jongdae clicked his tongue as Taehyung’s phone lit up with message after message, the members of BTS looking on at the screen in wonder. Usually he would be amused with Baekhyun using all caps but right now he just wants to throttle the man.

 

Yes it’s me

You left me in front of a club

In the cold

By myself

I was nearly kidnapped by this big Japanese guy

My phone fell

I was saved by BTS

We’re now eating sushi

That’s why I’m using Taehyung’s phone

 

Jongdae typed the nights events using only enough words to get the most important details to Baekhyun.

 

From: Baek-hyung

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WERE NEARLY KIDNAPPED?

HOLY ARE YOU OKAY?!

WHERE ARE YOU?

ILL COME TO YOU RIGHT NOW!

 

I’m fine thanks for asking

I’m not telling you

I’ve found new friends to replace you

 

Suddenly an idea popped into his head and he smirked as he typed out a reply. His smirks only widened as he pressed send, picturing the look of horror on the elders face.

 

“Um, are you okay?” Jimin asked tentatively as he watched the elders wide smile.

 

Jongdae hummed. “Everything’s fine. Perfectly fine.”

 

 

~X~

 

 

‘Holy ’ Baekhyun thought as he couldn’t quite believe what had just read. He wanted to do nothing more but go to the younger and hug him tight.

 

From: Taehyung

I’m fine thanks for asking

I’m not telling you

I’ve found new friends to replace you

 

Baekhyun frowned when he received that reply. Jongdae was definitely annoyed with him and all he could feel was guilt. If he hadn’t thought it would be fun to make him wait none of this would have happened.

 

He was about to reply when another message popped up, one that made his blood run cold.

 

From: Taehyung

I’m telling Minseok

 

Baekhyun stared at his phone in horror, the blood literally draining from his body. His phone bussed again and he’s pretty sure his heart stopped beating when he saw who it was from. With finger that shook so badly he opened the message and whimpered.

 

From: Minnie hyung

You’re dead

 


Okay so first off all I want to apologise for not being able to post this chapter on Wednesday. I was in Sydney and the hotel wifi wouldn't connect to my laptop so I had no way of posting this. I was going to do it last night when I flew back home but I was just way to tired. Thankyou all for waiting and I will be updating on Wednesday as per normal. Now onto this one. Mhtbleach, as you can see this is what I went for in the end. I wanted it to be a crack but I don't think it ended up that way. I hope you still like it anyway!

KCON was amazing so if you want to read about my experience I wrote a blog about it on AFF:

https://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/1226225

Don't worry, you don't need an account to read it so if you don't please don't fret!