Acceptance

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Guest88

Okay, so I’ve got this plot bunny stuck in my head and I thought I’d share it. It is an A/B/O prompt in which not everyone is A/B/O and being openly A/B/O in frowned upon, so most people who are A/B/O take suppressants and try to hide the fact that they are A/B/O, but Baekhyun isn’t most people. Although he hasn’t officially come out as A/B/O, he’s playfully hinted at his status and uality in several interviews – a fact fans are willing to overlook beceuase he’s talented, attractive, funny and charismatic. But things change when Baekhyun starts biting a certain maknae on stage and displaying other A/B/O tendencies in public. Suddenly his uality and nature of his relationship with Sehun is subject to a lot more public scrutiny.

I don’t care if Baekhyun in an alpha or omega or whether Sehun is A/B/O or not. Baekhyun and Sehun’s relationship can be romantic or strickly platonic. Basically, I was thinking of Baekhyun and Sehun being interviewed about Baekhyun’s uality and relationship with Sehun and being playfully evasive or Baekhyun coming out as the first openly A/B/O idol and being asked what it is like to be a role model for other A/B/O’s.

 

Word count: 4259

 

 

 

 

 

There was once a time where the human race was identified by sub categories rather than outward gender. Many, many years ago there were three categories you could fit in. You could be either an Alpha, Beta or Omega. Alpha’s were are the top of the food chain, they were dominant, tended to be aggressive and became quite possessive of what they thought was theirs. Omega’s were, to say the least, at the bottom of the food chain. They were seen as weak, feminine in nature and small in stature but with wide hips that helped along with their capacity to bare children. Beta’s were a balance if both and enjoyed the life of living comfortably in the middle.

 

Over the years, individuals who did not fit into any of the three categories started to be brought into the world. The general population regarded these new beings with curiosity. They did not answer nor fit in with the current hierarchy. They didn’t feel the need to abide by the Alpha’s every command. The Alpha’s did not like this, Beta’s were neutral on the issue and Omega’s envied them.

 

Decades later the number of these new beings outnumbered the population of the three categories until it became extremely rare. It was almost like they had been phased out, like the process of evolution saw no need for them anymore. Human kind had come to see those portraying one of the three categories and little more than animals, beings that were run by instinct. Those who had the misfortune of being born with the ‘gene’ were ridiculed.

 

So they hid themselves, hid their nature from those around them.

 

But something like that was difficult to hide, especially when it was difficult to go against what your body was telling you to do, what your instincts were telling you to do. A small pharmaceuticals company had come up with a drug that supresses the gene, leaving you like the rest of the ‘normal’ population. Most, if not all of those born with the gene were on suppressants. Life was much kinder to them. Those with the gene faced widespread discrimination.

 

It was something Baekhyun had been aware of for a long time and something he’s learnt to live with, something he’s learnt to hide, not that he was embarrassed about it but he had learnt over the years just how much suffering one could receive if they were found to be carrying the gene.

 

His mother had cried they day they found out he had the gene, that he was an Omega. His father had tried his best to comfort her as the tears continued to cascade down her face. Baekhyun had looked on in confusion. He was too young to understand what it meant and why his parents were so upset but that made him upset so he cried. He cried as his mother hugged him to her chest, patted his hair and chanted ‘It’s going to be okay’ over and over again. He hadn’t know why he had to take these pills called suppressants but he did so because he parents told him to, told him that it was for the better.

 

It wasn’t until he was eleven when he truly understood what it had meant. It wasn’t his parents who had explained it to him but a documentary that happened to come onto the television. He watched it, fully entrapped, as little things he had been told, witnessed and experienced began to piece itself together onto one big picture. It’s then that he understood. He never told his parents, knowing that he would be hurting them by bringing it up. They had always tried to steer away from anything to do with them – no – his nature.

 

It hurt him that they never talked to him about it. He hated how, as he grew older, they had begun to distance themselves from him. It hurt but he had learnt to live with it. He wondered if they hated him for what he was and unless he asked he would never know the answer. He couldn’t bring himself to do it. Sometimes not knowing was better than knowing. There were times that he had envied is brother. He was the normal one, a son every parent would wish to have. There were times he wanted to hate him but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. He was always so kind to him. He had never looked at him different, never treated him as something inferior or wrong and always told him that there was absolutely nothing wrong with him.

 

He had cried into his brothers arms when it was time for him to go to University as it would mean that he would be moving away, leaving him alone with his parents. Baekbeom had hugged him tight and promised to call as often as he could. The promise did little to comfort him. It wouldn’t be the same.

 

So it hadn’t hurt when he moved to Seoul to become a trainee at one of the biggest companies in the country. His parents had hugged him and told him they loved him. He had smiled and said the same back, a little voice in the back of his head wondering if they were happy that he was going away.

 

He managed to make it through his trainee days quickly and without anyone finding out that he carried the gene. He made sure to keep his suppressants hidden. He didn’t know what would happen if anyone found out.

 

Things were finally looking to be heading in the right direction for him

 

 

~X~

 

 

It had been three years since he had stopped taking his suppressants and he had successfully been able to supress his instincts through his own will – well, most of them anyway. There were a few that always made themselves known and so far the fans and s had just marked them down as his quirks.

 

If you had asked him many years ago he never would have been able to say that he was comfortable in his own skin and nature. Over the years he had learnt to embrace his nature. It wasn’t something that he should be ashamed about. His brother had been one of the major reasons as to why he now felt the way he did and he couldn’t thank him enough. He didn’t know if his brother knew just how grateful he was for what he had done and how much he had helped him.

 

He was who he was and he had learnt that there was nothing wrong with that.

 

He had hinted at his status on more than one occasion though he hadn’t outright announced it. Some had been edited out while others had made it and still no one had really questioned it because there was no what that Byun Baekhyun, vocalist of one of the biggest groups ever, could have the gene. It sort of frustrated him at times, that people were so disillusioned that they couldn’t see what was right in front of them, what he was practically trying to tell everyone. He had also hinted at the fact that he may not be exactly straight.

 

Every idol had been asked who their ideal type was. It’s a question that is to be expected and one that is asked more than it should. Why should it matter who their ideal type was? Why did they have to share it? Baekhyun wanted to cringe every time that question had been asked. Every time he had been asked he had never specified gender, instead he was say ‘someone like this…’, or ‘with a personality like this…’. He knew people had caught into that but most deluded themselves and thought that he was just trying to me funny. But it wasn’t funny. It was far from it really.

 

It wasn’t until a certain incident when everything he had ever said or done had started to be brought into question.

 

He had quite a great grip on his instincts, so much so that they rarely came to the surface or made themselves too obvious. However, around a certain maknae, one of his more base instincts made itself known.

 

The first time it had happened it had been in the confines of their dorm. They had been sitting next to each other on the couch with the television on. Sehun had been scrolling in his phone while Baekhyun had been watching the television, eyes occasionally flicking over to look at what Sehun was doing. He didn’t notice as he leaned his head onto the youngers shoulder, nor did he notice when his teeth had dug into Sehun’s shoulder.

 

Sehun had flinched in surprise, sending Baekhyun who was latched into his shoulder an incredulous glance, like he can’t believe what the elder had just done.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked when he saw Sehun looking at him.

 

“Are you teething or something?”

 

“What? No…” Baekhyun frowned. “Why?”

 

Sehun studied him for a moment before turning his attention back to his phone. “No reason.”

 

It had taken him a few days to figure out what he had done and at first he was embarrassed but that quickly disappeared when he remembered the youngers reaction. Sure, he had looked shocked and a little confused but he didn’t look angry or disgusted. He had seen the curious looks Sehun had been sending him since then but the younger hadn’t made any move to bring up what had happened.

 

So Baekhyun decided to continue to do it.

 

Whenever he was close to the maknae he would playfully nip the others shoulder or arm. Sehun would laugh it off, his eyes forming into those crescents that showed themselves when his face would break from his usual stony expression. He seemed amused by what Baekhyun had been doing more than anything and it had also sparked newfound inside jokes between the members.

 

“Hyung! We really need to go and get Baekhyun some chew toys before he mauls Sehun’s arm off.” Chanyeol joked and Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at the rapper who just replied by smiling even wider than he already was.

 

Jongdae cackled. “I swear you’re more dog then actual human. Were you a dog in your past life or something?” joked Jongdae.

 

“I mean, he does whimper in his sleep and yap when he’s awake so…” added Jongin, earning a smile from everyone.

 

“I’ll make sure to take Baekhyun to a pet shop and he can choose out his own chew toy.” Said Junmyeon, making Chanyeol clap like a seal while he tried to stay upright from the force of his laughter.

 

It was things like that. He wasn’t offended by them in the least. He actually quite enjoyed it. He had always been compared to a beagle so these new jokes didn’t bother him, if anything they just added to his image.

 

He had never felt more sure of himself in his life. So that’s why he decided to take it one step further.

 

During the ment of one of their concerts Baekhyun stepped closer to Sehun and leaned against the taller. He could hear the fans screaming at the interaction. They always did. He smiled internally at their reactions. It never ceased to amaze him at how much fans enjoyed them just innocently touching one another.

 

Slowly he moved his head to Sehun’s shoulder and bit, making sure not to clamp down hard enough to leave bruises. Sehun stood there like nothing had even happened while the fans screamed, the sound in the arena increasing to levels that almost hurt their ears. The members didn’t comment on what he had just done and continued with their speeches while he and Sehun mucked around as they were already too used to his antics.

 

He continued to do so over the course of his concert tour. It was sort of hard for him to avoid considering he and Sehun were always placed next to each other and Baekhyun had decided to not try and suppress his instincts. The fans seemed to love how touchy he was with Sehun and Sehun didn’t seemed to mind.

 

He had always let come of his instincts out. One which he hadn’t even realised was his and Kyungsoo’s cat and dog like relationship. He would tease the younger man only to back off once he made it known that he was annoyed with what he was doing. Baekhyun would back down and while he knew for a fact that Kyungsoo didn’t have the gene – he would be able to sense it – his instincts still identified Kyungsoo’s presence as a dominant, as an Alpha, and his own Omega nature respected that.

 

He still found it strange at how he reacted to those who didn’t have the gene as if they did. It was something he couldn’t explain. His conscious mind knew it but his subconscious was obviously telling his body different things.

 

He loved the attention, something that was also apparently influenced by his nature. He had read books about Omega’s and how much they loved being showered with love and attention, something which as an idol he received a lot of so there was no shortage of that.

 

He had been showing more and more of his nature that’s he’s surprise it had taken so long for someone to take notice of his behaviour.

 

Concerning behaviour from EXO member Baekhyun raises questions among the fans and the general public

 

Fans and non-fans alike have taken to the internet to discuss the recent behaviour of EXO member Baekhyun, behaviour that some have labelled as ‘concerning’.

 

There’s no denying that idols are often quite physical with each other. If anything it’s part of the job description as fans seem to love it, crave it. However some have voiced their concerns on Baekhyun and him seemingly biting member Sehun while on stage, the latter who every time has shown no reaction to his actions. As it turns out previously, questions have been raised about both Baekhyun and Sehun’s ualities due to comments they have made in the past and these actions from Baekhyun have once again brought these questions back into the public eye.

 

Others have likened the vocalist’s behaviour to that of and individual who has the gene. This claim has quickly been violently shot down by members of the fandom claiming that there is no way that Baekhyun has the gene. Others have said to have gathered ‘proof’ that he does in fact have the gene, providing videos and excerpts from interviews however with no official statement from SM or Baekhyun himself all of this is just hearsay. Whether or not a statement will be given by either parties is not yet clear and it is too early to jump to any conclusions regarding this issue as it is a well known fact that those who have been revealed to carry the gene have been subjected to widespread discrimination and violence and with the question of his uality also being thrown into the mix, it makes this all the more delicate of a situation.

 

What do you think?

 

Baekhyun had already been prepared for an article like this to come out. He would have been stupid if he wasn’t. However he was surprised by how unbiased it sounded. Whoever had written it had tried their hardest to remain objective and only state facts and not their own judgements. It gave him hope.

 

He knew s had seen the article based on how worried they appeared to be while looking at him. They weren’t beginners at receiving ‘scandalous’ articles about them. It had happened more times than they had cared to count.

 

He had told them not to worry but he knew they would. He wondered what would happen if he revealed to them that the article and rumours surrounding him were not unfounded. He knew he would need to tell them, especially if he was going to do what he had convinced himself to do. It wouldn’t be fair on them if he didn’t tell them beforehand. Their reactions would be the deciding factor in determining whether or not he was going to stick to his original plan.

 

He was a bundle of nerves as he corralled s into the lounge room. He would prefer to tell them all at once than having to do it multiple times. When they were all seated and looking at him with curiosity shinning in their eyes did he finally tell them. The stayed silent was he told them he had the gene and had been off his suppressants for years. He told them that he was neither straight nor gay, he liked who he liked and that was that. Lastly he told him how he wanted to reveal his status to the world in light if it finally being questioned by the public.

 

He nearly wanted to cry when he finished and there was still silence. He had risked a lot finally coming out and telling them his not so secret secret. When he looked up he was surprised to see s giving him knowing looks, however there was one that looked all to smug. Sehun was smirking at him and Baekhyun glared at the maknae.

 

“Why do you look so smug?” Baekhyhun questioned only for Sehun’s smirk to grow.

 

“I knew it.” He said and Baekhyun’s eyes widened in shock.

 

“You already knew. All of you?” he said in disbelief.

 

“We suspected something.” Said Minseok.

 

“And you just confirmed it.” Added Yixing.

 

“How? Why didn’t you say anything?! I’ve been freaking out trying to man up and tell you all.” He nearly screeches and Chanyeol seems to find that funny as he begins to laugh, Jongin being the victim to his flailing limbs.

 

“Sehun was actually the one to figure it out and he’s also the one that convinced us to keep quiet until you said something.” Junmyeon said. “And with that article coming out we knew it wasn’t going to be too much longer.”

 

“You’re all okay with it?” he asked timidly.

 

“Baekhyun, how could we not be okay with it? I just wished you would have told us sooner. We could have done something about this ages ago.” Said Minseok.

 

“Wait…you don’t mean…” they all just smile at him.

 

“We’ll support you with whatever you want to do.”

 

Baekhyun will never admit this to anyone who hadn’t witnessed it themselves that he burst out into slightly hysterical tears, them falling heavily down he cheeks as his face morphed into something from nightmares, most of s trying to comfort him while others laughed at his reaction and filmed the entire thing.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Exo’s Baekhyun becomes the first idol to openly admit he has the gene

 

After nearly a week of fans and the public questioning the EXO members status, Baekhyun himself has admitted live on air that he does in fact carry the Omega gene. In a bold move from the young man, he had answered all questions delivered by the interviewer with complete and utter honesty, sparing no details.

 

Interviewer: Firstly I would like to thankyou for agreeing to speak with me. There have been many questions asked about your status this last week that have gained a lot of attention from people all over the world. Would you care to comment on that?

 

Baekhyun: You’re welcome… There has been a lot of talk about me lately and I would have to say I’m quite flattered [Laughs]. I would like to cut straight to the chase and say that the rumours are true and I do have the gene. The Omega gene to be more precise.

 

Interviewer: I’m surprised about how nonchalant you are about this. It can’t have been an easy decision to reveal this.

 

Baekhyun: Oh it wasn’t as hard of a decision as you would think. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for quite a while. It’s something that I’ve felt I needed to do for a long time.

 

Interviewer: Even so you’re quite brave coming out with this, being as popular as you are.

 

Baekhyun: I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I’m brave. Fed up is a better word. I had grown up to believe that being born with the gene was wrong. That thought had cemented itself in my head long before I even understood what it meant to have the gene. I hated myself for the longest time. On birthdays when I would blow out my candles I would wish that I was normal, that I was like all of my friends.

 

Interviewer: It must have been hard.

 

Baekhyun: Back then it was. I was scared that someone would figure out what I was. Nearly every day on the news I heard about those with the gene being beaten and killed and it terrified me. My world was filled with people saying that my kind should just die already and for a time I believed them.

 

Interviewer: What made you change your view?

 

Baekhyun: My bother. He was always there for me, telling me not to listen to what people said. That there was nothing wrong with me and that I deserved to live just like everyone else did. He stopped me from doing something extremely stupid.

 

Interviewer: You mean…

 

Baekhyun: Yes. I was close once. My brother walked in on my just before I pressed down on the blade I was holding to my wrist. He grabbed it out of my hand and punched me across the face before he hugged me tight and just cried. If he had come just as second later I can’t say he would have made it in time. He screamed at me and told me not to do anything like that ever again. At first I was angry at him for stopping me but I realised just how much I would be leaving behind. He helped me see that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being born with the gene. I don’t think I could even thank him enough for what he’s done for me.

 

Interviewer: That’s… I don’t know what to say.

 

Baekhyun: [smiles] You don’t have to say anything. It was a difficult time in my past but I’ve gotten past it now. I would like to think I became stronger because of it.

 

His status was not the only thing that was discussed. There had been speculation surrounding his uality many times in the past as well as his relationship with fellow member Sehun and like he had been with questions about his status, he was completely honest about this topic as well.

 

Baekhyun: It’s been brought up many times yes.

 

Interviewer: Is there anything in particular you wanted to talk about in regards to it.

 

Baekhyun: All I really have to say on that topic is I like who I like. Gender isn’t a defining factor for me when it comes to who I see romantically. I pay more attention to personality and that’s where my preferences lie.

 

Interviewer: Now in terms of that there have been rumours surrounding your relationship with fellow member Sehun.

 

Baekhyun: Ah….well in regards to that while I can admit that Sehun is indeed quite handsome [laughs] but I hold no romantic feelings towards him. My relationship with him is strictly platonic and I see him as a younger brother and nothing more. He does smell nice though.

 

He also discussed how he feels about being a role model to others out there who also have the gene and those who are also struggling with their uality.

 

Baekhyun: Ahh I would say that I’m a role model but I’m just glad that with me coming out I might be able to help those who have the same thoughts that I did through some dark times. I want them to know that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with having the gene nor is there anything remotely wrong with liking someone of the same gender. If I can be a role model for them than I’m greatly honoured to be that person. I’ll try my best to be a person that people can look up to… to be a guiding light to those who are struggling.

 

Lastly, Baekhyun described how s had reacted to the news.

 

Baekhyun: Actually, they had worked it out before I told them [laughs]

 

Interviewer: Are they supportive of you?

 

Baekhyun: They were more supportive than I could have ever expected. They’re some of the most precious people in my life and I don’t know what I would have done if they weren’t. Actually, one of the factors that prompted me in revealing my status was them. They were one hundred percent for me coming out. If they hadn’t agreed then I would have kept quiet but they wanted me to tell everyone. They knew how much this meant to me and I want to thank them for staying by my side.

 

There you have it folks, from one Byun Baekhyun himself. I’m sure you all will haven’t different views on this issue but one thing that cannot be denied is that this is something we have not seen before. After this we all need to have one long and hard think about not only this issue but many others that affect so many of us in the world today.

 

Maybe it’s time for a change.

 

If you would like to view the full interview, click here.

 


Okay I loved this prompt from the moment I first saw it. I don't know if I did it the justice it deserves but I really enjoyed writing it.

Okay I just want to take a minute and talk about bloody Park Jimin and his perfect boyfriend material self with those heavenly vocals and visuals. Like, how dare you. I wasn't ready for something like this but I welcome it with open arms. That cat is so cute :3 I want to know who the hell directs, shoots and edits their videos because they are always amazing. So beautiful...

Now lets talk about EXO's repackaged album. I love it so much! The MV is so cheesy and fun and it's just great. Let's all applaud our lord and saviour Kim Jongdae for saving EXO's with his smug little smile and awesome shield thingy. Like, he's the only one who didn't appear worried the entire MV. But can we talk about how he just looked at Minseok and shrugged his shoulders like he didn't just nearly die and then walk off like it was nothing. What are you doing? Save him!! Chanyeol yet again has his hair looking like fairy floss. That eye looks sick though. I laughed when I saw his LOEY tattoo on his finger when they all put their hands together XD Sehun be looking like he doesn't really care, shooting at random and nearly killing Kyungsoo in the process. Jongin is looking hot as always. I love it when he has dark hair. It really makes him stand out. Kyungsoo's facial expressions were just funny to me. I love his little pilot hat and goggles. Junmeyon be looking like Clark Kent with his hair and glasses, fainting all over the place yet acting hella badass when he gets his orb back. Is no one talking about how the robot thingy turns into something that looks like it's come straight out of Yo Gabba Gabba? Or was I the only one that thought that? Baekhyun is still confusing me. Like, I have a few theories but I still don't really know. But the ending of the MV with him falling into the water is the start of the comic book so... jesus my head feels like it's going to explode. I love how you can also plainly see the ing nerf logo on one of the guns XD

Now onto the songs. I think Boomerang would have to be my favourite, Sweet Lies coming in second and Power being third. Boomerang just has be KoKoBopping like there's no tomorrow. Sweet Lies killed me with those falsettos! It's been so long since we've gotten some good Jongdae and Kyungsoo falsettos. I can't wait for my albums to arrive but it's going to be ages! D: I know I'm going to need to buy more sleeves for me to be able to fit everything in my binder cause the album is choc-a-block with postcards.