Chapter 6

If I'm Gone, She Won't Be Safe (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIX; THE RETURN.

"Good morning" Soo Young rose an eyebrow when she made it to her place in the classroom, she let her bag drop on her desk in a way that let Hope know she still wasn't impressed with her actions from the day before. Hope looked up, her eyes going to the bag on the desk next to her and then to the face of her friend, she had gotten to class first that day and as Soo Young forced herself into her seat, Hope raised an eyebrow, having not taken her headphones out and being yet to greet her back.

"Hello" She finally spoke when Soo Young looked into her blank stare, the familiar attitude making its return the moment Soo Young had dumped her bag on the desk with no remorse.

"So, how did you sleep?" Soo Young, put her hand out, resting her chin on it and turning to Hope who sighed, pointing to the puffiness under her eyes with her finger, giving it a poke before putting it back down to where her pencil had been abandoned for a short moment.

"Good to know I wasn't the only one" Soo Young turned away, seeing that Hope wasn't going to delve into her bad mood towards her. Hope knew it was going to be a bad day, a long day too. Soo Young and Hope had only ever had anything close to a fight twice, both of which involved Hope returning to the blank and cold attitude that Soo Young first met when she moved to the school. Both of which ended with Soo Young yelling out her frustrations with no one changing their minds on their point of view. Hope went back to the pencil, focusing on the drawing she was sketching out. Soo Young looked down at Hope's book, seeing the stars and scribbles she absent-mindedly put down on her page. She scoffed and Hope raised an eyebrow, hearing the sound but acting as if she hadn't heard it. Minutes passed with silence between the two of them. Hope looked up when the bell went and the last few members of her class made their way in. 

Hope hadn't noticed, but at some point, there were three new faces that had made themselves comfortable in the classroom without her realisation. Hope felt uncomfortable as they sat together, not hiding that they were looking at her curiously. Even when she made eye contact with each of them, they kept looking at her, making her insides churn and she got the feeling their stares weren't a good thing. Unlike other girls, she couldn't be grateful that three handsome boys were looking at her, not when every fibre in her body was saying that it wasn't a good thing that they were looking at her. She looked around the room, hoping that they would figure out that they should do the same and take their eyes off her, because she felt awful under their stare, she could only feel fear that something wasn't right. But they kept looking, and of course, Soo Young had to look up again, taking note of the way Hope forgot about the pencil and paper in front of her, skittishly looking around and shuffling in her seat. She followed the flicking of Hope's eyes as they landed on the new students several times, unable to help the snort that escaped her.

Of course. She thought to herself.

They're staring at her because she's a foreigner with different hair and she thinks that they're out to get her.

"That's the girl with the strangely coloured hair" One of them had pointed out to the two beside him and now they couldn't take their eyes away, stunned and intrigued by the way such a different colour could grow from the girls head. No one else in the school had dark hair that was pure purple, they were confused. 

"She seems to be from a foreign country, maybe that is the colour of the hair in her country?" Another one of them vocalised his curiosities and the third one shook his head.

"That is not a colour that can be made when a human is newly produced to the world"

"Then how is she growing hair of that colour?" The one that had taken note of her presence in the classroom turned to the other, seeing as he knew it wasn't natural to grow hair that was purple, then he assumed he must have known why she seemed to be doing just that. But he shook his head, disappointing the other boy who turned back to look at Hope, who was just taking note of their eyes on her.

"Strange" He hummed, peering at her, there was the briefest moment where the pair shared eye contact before she glanced at his comrades and around the room, looking at them and then away again.

"Her eyes are of a different shade also" He pointed out and the smart one nodded.

"That is normal for someone of a foreign country" The remaining two of the trio vocalised their wonder, blinking, they kept their eyes in the direction of where Hope was sitting as she looked around, trying to avoid their stares. The teacher entered the room, taking everyone's attention and seeing everyone else look to the front, the three new students decided to do the same. But they couldn't help it when they glanced back, curious of the foreigner sitting to the back of the classroom, trying to mind her own business and look like she was taking in the teachers words. In reality, there was a messy spiral of thoughts spinning around within Hope's mind, she looked ahead at the whiteboard but couldn't even concentrate when the teacher was finally taking notes on the board. Running away was plaguing her mind, the need to leave and the feeling of being unsafe. There was the logical thought where she couldn't afford to miss out on all these classes just for the sake of avoiding students that she hadn't gotten to know yet. There was the knowledge that Soo Young was sitting beside her, slumped in her seat and uncaring for the world around her and there was the thought that there was a familiar face waiting for her in her house. One that she had wanted to see for a whole year, one that she wanted to be angry at for leaving her and one that she knew couldn't be to blame for the way things had went and the way things were for them now.

------------

"Excuse me?" Soo Young's head turned slowly after a short pause, she was never really one to talk to people outside of her little friendship duo, so the thought of someone willingly coming to talk to her hadn't occurred to her, making this situation a new and awkward one for her. She met the nervous eyes of one of the new boys in her class and she paused, seeing that he was even more handsome up close than what he had been when he introduced himself to the class for the first time.

"Ah, my name is Hoseok, I think you're in my class?" Hoseok didn't just think, he knew this girl was in his class, she sat beside Hope, who had been donned with the name 'The purple haired one' by himself and his two friends. She was the only one that he had spotted that he knew had been in his class that morning and the one before that, and he needed her help.

"Oh, yes, I'm in the same class as you" Soo Young nodded, looking over Hoseok's shoulder and down the hall before her eyes flickered back to his with a hint of the awkwardness that she was radiating shining in them.

"I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of my next class? I'm alone without any of my friends for this class and I have no idea where this class is" He showed Soo Young his timetable and with a tentative hand, Soo Young took the piece of paper from him to see what class he was on about. He had history according to his timetable, the same history class that Soo Young was preparing to go to right then. She looked up, handing him his timetable.

"I've got that class, I was going there now, so I can show you the way" She nodded and Hoseok smiled in return. It was a bright beam that took Soo Young by surprise in the dull hallway.

"Sure, I would appreciate that" Soo Young gave an awkward twitch of her lips, taking the last book she needed from her locker before shutting the door and looking at Hoseok again.

"Let's go then?" She nodded her head in the direction they had to walk and Hoseok nodded, taking the first step.

"Let's go"

"This way then" Soo Young hugged her books to her chest, walking down the hall quickly. There was a tense strain in the air between the two new peers but Hoseok didn't seem to mind it or notice it as he chose to walk alongside Soo Young instead of trailing after her and letting her guide him around the school. They turned a corner and went up a set of stairs, entering the new level of the school as Hoseok looked around, he knew he had seen this part of the school before. He stopped behind Soo Young when she slowed down to a stop to open the door to a room he had already visited.

"Our class is in here" She nodded her head, gesturing for him to come in and Hoseok followed her with a smile still pulling at his lips. Hoseok followed Soo Young through the aisles of seats until she put her books down on an empty desk. He took the place next to her, putting his books down and pulling out the chair, sitting down and scooching it back in once he was seated. Soo Young kept her eyes on him, sitting down and blinking slowly as Hoseok took to opening his books and pulling out his pens. He looked up, finding her eyes on him and a bright beam was directed towards her.

"Thanks for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter