Chapter 4

If I'm Gone, She Won't Be Safe (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOUR; THERE'S SOMEONE AT THE DOOR.

“So now I come to you, with open arms!” Chen shrilled, and Hope was sure he would have had a lovely voice if he wasn’t entirely off pitch, sounding more like a dinosaur with every word he screamed.

“Nothing to hide, BELIEVE WHAT I SAY” He only became louder and Hope watched, the feeling of pure horror overtaking her when Chen jumped around the tables whilst D.O did a cute little wiggle along to the song, probably ignoring Chen as best as he could. Chen wasn’t really the one shocking her, he was a weirdo. It was Youngjae, the cute guy Hope remembered to be named Baekhyun, Suho, flower boy Luhan and even Daehyun who were dancing around the kitchen, singing in just as horrible a pitch as Chen.

“And now that you’ve come back, turned night into day, I need you to stay” Luhan squealed his high note into the emotionless Kris’ ear, sending a wink in the direction of a flabbergasted Hope. She felt sorry for poor Kris, having to sit in the middle of the hyperactive boys who danced around and sang horribly far from the correct key. He kept a sharp glare pierced on the newspaper in his hands and his scowl grew deeper and deeper until Hope believed he was going to set the newspaper on fire as well as every person that was in the kitchen.

“Oh look, the devil’s choir is here” One of Suho’s little groupies walked through the doors, walking over to stand next to Hope, watching the circus performance before them as if it were normal.

“Oh, I’m Minseok, but everyone calls me Xiumin” The boy smiled, turning and putting a hand out towards Hope. Hope didn’t know how Xiumin was derived from Minseok, but she didn’t try questioning it when she shook his hand with a smile.

“Hey! You two should join our band!” An excited Chen screamed from where he was standing on the table. Hope’s face morphed into one of shock again when Chanyeol, who she hadn’t noticed sneak past her, positioned himself on the table near D.O, strumming away on his guitar over the noise, not even matching the song being played on the iPod near him.

“Well, welcome to the devil’s choir” Xiumin gave a cheesy grin, grabbing Hope by her hand and pulling her further into the kitchen of chaos.

Hope wondered where they were, were they ok? Did they deserve to be ok? Was she heartless enough to be alright with them having something happen to them? She didn't know why she was suddenly thinking about them, why now? Why after what they had done to her was she worrying about them suddenly? She supposed she should have felt the same towards them, why was she still thinking about them when they were the ones to leave her here without a word? Not even a sorry, not even a reason why.

She wondered why she was thinking about any of them, about EXO, about B.A.P. They had both done wrong, so why did she spend so much of her time wallowing in the pity of them? It was upsetting and made her days go by slower than they should have. It was like a constant hypnosis where they would be in the back of her mind and then one word, one action could bring back any memory that would leave her in her dulled mind for the rest of her day, replaying the times where they were here, when all of them lived in a strange harmony of blinding each other from the truth.

Hope felt pathetic knowing that she was still thinking about them.

"They should be sorry for what they did to me, not the other way around" Hope turned the radio off, she knew she should have just listened to the music she downloaded on her phone, why would she ever give the radio a chance in the first place? She hated how much talking happened instead of songs being played and now that a song was finally playing it just had to be that song that they played.

"Play something more recent for crying out loud" She grumbled, going back to her dishes after finding something she was content with.

"Playing such songs on a pop channel" She continued, only to sigh, her hands stopping their movements in the hot soapy water as she looked down, staring through her sink into her own world again.

"Singing a song so terribly when people are tying to read the paper"

------------

"I know everyone's excited, and I understand that it's not very often that this happens. But I need you all to calm down and listen to what I'm saying" The class was rowdy with students gossiping and gasping between themselves, Hope wasn't excluded from this, the only thing that was different was the topic of conversation between her and Soo Young compared to what the rest of the noisy class was yapping on about loudly.

"And then we would roll on the skateboards down the halls in the middle of the night"

"In the dark? I thought you guys had to be quiet?" Soo Young gasped and Hope shrugged, though the flush that would tint her cheeks whenever she spoke of her adventures had appeared again. Making herself feel like she was boasting when really she had been mourning over them again the moment her eyes had opened that morning.

"We never any lights other than the canteen light since it had no windows, we didn't want anyone to see us. We did have to stay quiet so that we wouldn't wake the EXO members, I guess we didn't want them taking away from our fun together, they weren't such bad people at first" Hope whispered as the two girls leant towards each other, thoroughly absorbed in the conversation.

"Class!" The teacher exclaimed and Hope looked up, her heart rate going up in surprise. Soo Young gasped and the two looked to the front just like everyone else did. Their teacher was staring them down with angry eyes and Hope smiled, she could remember the times when she would be the one student that sat and waited for the class to take notice of their teacher, now she had a friend to distract her like everyone else did.

"As I was saying, I know this doesn't happen very often, but three of the seven new students will be in our class so I'm expecting that you will welcome them appropriately" The teacher lectured and Hope felt herself go pale. She wasn't a silly girl, she learnt early on that several students at the one time wasn't a good thing. She suddenly didn't feel safe. Her hands travelled down to reach for her bag, grabbing it and fishing around for the purse that was in there somewhere.

"Hope?" Soo Young whispered, noticing that Hope had pulled the bag onto her lap and wasn't hiding from the teacher the way that she was packing her bag.

"Pack up your stuff Soo Young we're leaving" Hope told her friend in a hushed voice, she could hear something in the back of her mind telling her that this was a dangerous place to be at that moment and even if there was the chance of it just being paranoia, she wasn't going to ignore it.

"What? It's only the first class we can't leave now!" Soo Young hissed in response and Hope shook her head.

"I can't be here. I have to go"

"Hope"

"Pack up your things Soo Young, we'll come back later" Hope seethed anxiously and Soo Young shook her head, seeing Hope pull out a familiar ring.

"You're not teleporting me around again! I can't ditch class"

"Well I'm not staying" Hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter