Chapter 3

If I'm Gone, She Won't Be Safe (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THREE; THAT ROOM.

"You're in here again?" Hope looked up, her concentration dropping and the barrier that had once surrounded her disappeared.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you" Hope muttered, guilt washing over her as she watched Soo Young yawn, there was a slur in her words and she swayed sleepily as she shut the door to the room behind her.

"No it's ok, I only woke up when I rolled over and realised I hadn't kicked you" Soo Young snorted, sitting next to Hope as they looked at the wide space of the room they were in.

"What were you doing?" She asked her friend and Hope scratched the top of her head, keeping her eyes on all the boxes, briefly flickering her gaze to the phone that was still charging.

"I was practising using a force field, Himchan used to do it as a protective barrier in battles" Hope told Soo Young gasped, seeming to have woken up more now.

"There were battles?!" She piped and Hope shrugged.

"Sometimes, I was in danger for a while" It felt weird to say. Hope felt egotistical and rude saying that she had previously had six warriors from another planet acting as her bodyguards because she was wanted by the king of another planet. She felt llike she didn't fit that damsel in distress role, even more so now when she looked back on those memories.

"There's so much stuff in here" It was easy for Soo Young to sense Hope's discomfort towards the topic, but she still wanted to talk about the world she was curious of and Hope knew all about, so she crawled to the box closest to her and began rummaging through it.

"I know" Hope shoulders deflated, looking around the room as she answered her friend's statement of the obvious, anyone would think she was waiting for them to come back.

"I keep thinking that maybe I should get rid of this stuff" Hope frowned as her eyes trailed around the room.

"You threw a bag of peanuts at my face when I told you that" Soo Young grumbled and Hope shrugged.

"Fancy telling someone you didn't know very well what to do with their life" Hope sniggered and Soo Young glared at her.

"You're the one that let me into your house"

"And you the one that followed me home from school" 

"We're both just as weird as each other if that's what really happened" Soo Young deadpanned, letting out another yawn that she used her hand to pat away. Hope hummed turning to look at Soo Young with a smile.

"Yeah, but I would rather be stuck with you than be a loner again"

"Yeah same" Soo Young nodded and the pair laughed. When the laughter stopped and the two caught their breath back, Soo Young leant her head on Hope's shoulder, letting out a satisfied hum.

"But really, it's entirely up to you what you end up doing with their stuff, if they aren't gonna come and get it then they won't notice if it's been thrown away"

"Yeah" Hope breathed out, turning her head and looking at the old phone that was once again encased by its charger.

"They won't notice anything"

------------

"Oh my god" Soo Young's mouth stayed open, her jaw almost hitting her desk as she watched Hope approach her, weaving through tables to get to her seat beside Soo Young.

"Good morning" Hope smiled, putting her books on her desk and pulling her chair out, she sat down, ping her pencil case but not pulling anything out just yet, she opened her books but didn't write anything down.

"What did you do to your hair?" Soo Young had wide eyes and her hand was shaking when she reached out to touch the strands in topic. Her fingers grasped Hope's hair, her lips starting to quiver as she took a closer look at Hope's hair.

"Oh, a spontaneous need for change" Hope shrugged and Soo Young sighed, letting the hair fall through her fingers so that she could cross her arms over her chest in an unconscious attempt to gain warmth.

"I see" Soo Young now realised why she had such a strong gut feeling that told her she shouldn't have let Hope go home on her own the day before. But she didn't realise her friend would have some sort of mental breakdown and die her hair dark purple. Or maybe it was some sort of mental awakening, the longer she looked at Hope, the happier the girl appeared to be, there were no signs of wanting to cry or being on the verge of some sort of freak out, so Soo Young figured that things must have been alright for now.

But Hope sighed to herself, Soo Young looked away, putting her headphones back in and humming to herself. Hope decided to do the same and stuck her headphoens into her phone and then her ears, turning the music up a little louder so that she didn't have to listen to the rest of her classmates around her. She took out a pencil, turning to her open book and scraping the led across the page, her mind wandering off and her hand doing whatever it pleased to make a picture form before her. When the bell rang Soo Young took out one of Hope's earphones and she sat up straight, hearing her teachers voice echo through the room. 

SooYoung snorted as Hope scrambled to put her phone out of sight. Hope narrowed her eyes at her and Soo Young did the same back, making Hope scoff, rolling her eyes and looking down to see what she had drawn, Soo Young chuckled, propping her chin on her open palm as she watched the teacher take attendance before telling the class what they would be doing for the lesson. Hope hadn't been listening, but when a students voice filled her ears she found herself perking up, listening to what they had to say to make the teacher nod, humming as they took the lid off their whiteboard marker.

"Sir, is it true that we're getting new students?" Hope blinked, she was intrigued, not having heard that rumour going around the school but the teacher easily confirmed any suspicions.

"Yes we are, I don't know when they will be starting with us though. May I begin the lesson now?" He asked and there were resigned groans as the student who had raised their hand nodded, muttering a small 'sorry sir' before lowering their head.

"New students?" Soo Young whispered and Hope let out a curious hum.

"Seems so" She whispered back and Soo Young put a finger of thought to her lips.

"I wonder if they'll be in our class?"

"We'll have to wait and see, no one knows when they're starting" Hope was secretly wishing that there wouldn't be too many of these new students, or that they at least wouldn't be like her past experiences. She quickly learnt that more than one new student arriving couldn't mean anything very good, after EXO came four girls who thought they ruled the school, though they weren't liked, they still put themselves on top of the hierarchy. Then came five boys, two of which had been put in at least one of her classes each, they thought too highly of themselves as well, they didn't care about heirachies but they loved trying to push Hope around. Then came two siblings, a brother and a sister, the sister being younger,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter