Part 3

My Everything

You are my everything
Always my everything
Always in my heart
My everything
Forever you’re my everything
In my heart my everything
Forever you are.

 

It is 10 am in the morning, the sun isn’t as scorching hot as the day before; instead a gust of cold air welcomes them to the beautiful day that was laid ahead. Angel was stretching her arms at the hotel’s lobby as both she and Meg waited for Andy to arrive.

He promised to take them around the night before, when he dropped them off the hotel. He was begging Angel to stay over his place—since he had extra rooms, he conveniently said—, but Angel was more than worried for Meg so she opted to stay with her at the hotel. It was already big for two as it is, what more for one person? Andy further argued that he wanted Meg to join them, but Angel ignored him and laughed it off. He gave up after a few minutes and said his goodnights.

Moments later, a black BMW came by towards them, Angel grins. Meg readies herself and fixes her backpack, her umbrella hanging on her arms. This was surely Andy.

Sure enough, the driver’s window (which was on the right) went down and Andy was beaming at both of them.

“How are my ladies?” Andy said taking off his sunglasses and smiling wide.

Angel rolls her eyes at this and shakes her head.

Meg laughs. “Good morning Andy.” Meg said beaming.

Angel leaned in to kiss Andy on the cheeks, “Oh hello you!” Angel said squealing right after she kisses Andy. Andy grins.

Meg’s heart stops for some reason.

“Hello Angel.” Eric was sitting at the front passenger’s seat, his eyes hidden by his white aviator shades. He was smiling as he lowered his sunglasses to look at Meg and Angel.

“Hello Meg.” He said tentatively.

Meg breathes, “Hello Eric.” She said bowing her head at him.

Andy and Angel exchange winks.

“So should we go now?” Andy said getting out of the car and then opening the door for both of them.

Angel beams and nods, “Yup, the mall’s open now anyway.” She said motioning for Meg to enter the car first. Meg nods at this and gets in. Eric looks at her from the rear view mirror and smiles. Meg smiles back.

“Okay let’s go.” Andy said as he takes his seat and presses on the accelerator.

Angel looks at Meg and smiles. Meg smiles and turns to her window, there was a tinge of pink on her face.

Andy looks at Eric and winks. Eric grins at him. He was more than glad to be out today.

Those were their first greetings to each other after 7 whole years.

~

“Guess who?”

Meg laughs as two hands covered her vision. She’s just been in the mall for 10 minutes and yet somebody’s already playing with her.

“I don’t know, who?” Meg said holding the hand and giggling.

“He’s short.” Said a serious voice beside Meg. Somebody snorts at this.

Meg laughs and tries to be serious, “Minwoo?” She said still holding the hand.

The hand falls down as Meg slowly turns around to look if she was right.

Indeed. She was right.

Minwoo looks at Dongwan and whacks him in the head, “That was uncalled for!” He said jumping up to whack him again.

“Well you are short.” Angel said laughing hard.

Minwoo sticks his tongue out to her. Everyone laughs at this.

“Where are you going anyways?” Dongwan asks Meg as he helps her with her umbrella.

Meg smiles and keeps the umbrella with her, it’ll be so funny to look at Dongwan with the umbrella, “I don’t know.” Meg said as she looks at Angel, “Angel told me she’s going to go shopping and then lunch. I’m not quite sure of this.”

Angel smiles, “Ah yes. I wanted to buy something Korean for Meg, but if she can take home a Korean instead then we can proceed to lunch.” Angel said looking at Eric sideways.

Andy, Dongwan and Minwoo laugh at this.

Meg blushes.

Eric ignores this, “Do you think Hyesung and Junjin’s following?” He said looking around as if Hyesung and Junjin would suddenly approach them.

Andy laughs, “I don’t think so. Hyesung and Junjin can’t go because they were drunk last night. They’re probably rolling on their beds cursing their hangover right now.” Andy said putting his arms around Angel and motioning for them to go to the escalators.

Dongwan sees this and puts his arms on Minwoo’s shoulders as well, dragging him towards the escalators while looking at Meg and Eric and then sniggering.

“Come on you guys.” Andy bellows from the escalators, looking at Meg and Eric teasingly. A couple of cat calls were thrown at them by Minwoo, Dongwan and Angel. Meg and Eric look at each other testily.

Meg curses all of them in her head. They freakin’ don’t have any idea what they’re doing to both she and Eric. All they know is that Meg’s a fan of Eric. That’s it. Not even Angel knows anything.

Eric looks at Meg and clears his throat, “So, let’s go?” He said motioning for the escalator. The rest have reached the second floor and are still teasing them.

Meg smiles widely, “Let’s go.” She said walking towards the escalator.

Eric follows smiling.

She never changed.

~

“Meg no matter what happens, know that I love you.”

“Eric…”

“We’d see each other again Meg. We’d see each other over and over and over again even in another lifetime, until we fulfill our promise to each other.”

“What promise Eric?”

“To be together forever Meg.”

“Together Forever.”

“Together Forever.” Meg said reading the name of the bottle of perfume she was holding in her hand. She sighs and places it back in its shelf while shaking her head of thoughts now running freely over her head.

What an irony.

She looks at Eric who’s looking at the caps section and sighs again.

They are at the D&G boutique browsing for some stuff to buy. Angel was arguing with Andy awhile ago that she wanted to buy him new shirts (as the old ones are too tight for him nowdays, Angel had said) and a pair of pants as well. Minwoo wanted new pants while Dongwan was eyeing these newly released shirts. Eric wanted to browse around, and so did Meg.

“Hey, I like this.” Meg said picking up a yellow tank-top and feeling the cloth. “I’m going to try you on.” She said walking towards the fitting room.

“Hey!” Dongwan said blocking Meg’s way and then thumping her shoulders lightly.

Meg laughs, “Dongwannie.” She said hitting his arms as well.

Dongwan laughs with her, “Hey, yellow again!” He said eyeing the tank-top that Meg’s holding.

Meg nods, “I love the color.” She said eyeing the fitting room, “Can I try it on?” Meg motions for the fitting room. Dongwan laughs again.

“Sure.” He said grinning now. Meg rolls her eyes at him and proceeds to the fitting room.

The moment Meg enters the fitting room, Dongwan looks at Eric immediately, Eric is on his way to the fitting room at the end of the store holding out a gray shirt. Dongwan grins wider at this (if that was possible) and looks at Minwoo (who’s also looking at him grinning madly) and motions for them to go out. Andy and Angel laugh and follow the two. After a minute, the whole boutique is clear of any customers.

Meg gets out of the fitting room smiling widely. She found a nice top and she decided on buying it.

“Hey Angel.” Meg said looking at the pants section. “Ahh, they were there a minute ago.” Meg mutters under her breath and walks around the shop. It was all clear of customers except her. She’s infront of the men’s fitting room when it suddenly opens.

“Eric.” Meg breathes.

“Hey Minwoo, do you think this one looks better on me or the white one?” Eric said holding out the gray shirt and looks around the shop. He breathes, “Oh Meg.”

Meg nods, eyes wide, “Eric.” She said again, louder this time.

“Meg.” Eric repeats still staring at Meg.

Meg nods and smiles tentatively, “Ahh, you know where they went?” She said looking at the whole boutique.

Eric clears his head, “Umm, actually no. I saw them round the pants area but…I don’t know where they are now.” He said sighing.

Evilness. Meg thought to herself sighing.

Idiots. Where did they go now? Eric thought furiously.

“Hey, that one looks better on you.” Meg said looking at the gray shirt Eric’s holding.

Eric looks at her a bit shock, “R-really?” Eric said smiling. Oh geez Eric, why are you stuttering?!

Meg smiles widely, “Yeah. You’ve got so much white shirts anyway. The color looks nice on your skin.” She said reaching out for the shirt and feeling the cloth, “It’s really nice.” She said beaming.

Eric beams back, “That one looks good on you too. And the purple one you were eyeing awhile ago as well.” He said pointing at the top Meg’s holding.

Meg laughs, “Hey, I didn’t know you were checking on me.” She said smiling wide and then coughing. Meg what are you saying?!

Eric blushes and scratches his head, “I wasn’t…No no really. I was just…I saw you when I glanced at at the women’s section.” He gulps, “That purple one is really nice.” He finishes his face reddening every second.

Meg bites her lower lip, “You think so?” She said trying hard not to blush.

Eric nods and chuckles nervously.

Meg nods and proceeds to the women’s section again, “Fine, I’ll get it too.” She said taking the purple top Eric had said. Eric beams at her.

“Great, it’s my size.” Meg said checking out the top. Eric laughs and takes a cap from one of the racks and places it on Meg’s head. Meg laughs and takes it off her head. Eric immediately hides it and takes it to the cashier. He pays for the shirt and the cap, while continuously hiding the cap from Meg.

Meg shakes her head at this, “You’re so weird.” She said walking towards him.

Eric instructs the cashier to separate the cap from the shirt. He tells the cashier to do it fast as well. The cashier laughs at this.

Meg shakes her head again. She pays for her tops and proceeds to go out of the boutique. Eric follows her.

The moment they got out of the shop, Angel, Andy, Minwoo and Dongwan goes out of the Buckaroo boutique as if being there all this while. They all look at Meg and Eric as if they were the ones missing and tries hard not to laugh at them.

“Ah there you are guys, we’ve been looking EVERYWHERE for you.” Angel said raising her paper bag, as if to emphasize that they were in the Buckaroo boutique shopping (and not spying).

Meg rolls her eyes at Angel.

Minwoo and Dongwan laughs. Andy tries to keep his face straight as if to support his girlfriend, “Yeah you guys. Come on let’s have lunch already. We’re starving!” He said as he places his arms around Angel and motions for the escalators.

Dongwan and Minwoo places their arms at each other and laughingly follows Angel and Andy.

Eric curses all of them in his head. Idiots. Really. As if we didn’t know.

“Hey Meg.” Eric said handing the paper bag containing the cap to Meg.

Meg smiles wide, “You didn’t have to.” She said taking the paper bag from Eric. Andy and Angel grin from ear to ear at this, while Minwoo and Dongwan had enough grace to try not to do cat calls again.

Meg and Eric ignore them.

“Go on open it.” Eric said while motioning for Meg to tear open the paper bag excitedly.

Meg shakes her head and follows.

She smiles and looks up at Eric mouthing ‘Thank You.’

He nods and follows the rest at the escalators.

Inside the paperbag is a white-gray-yellow cap bearing the D&G insignia and the text, ‘Like Sunshine.’

Meg sighs smiling widely and walking towards the escalators too. Not noticing that Eric is looking at her smiling just as widely, a certain memory ran through his head.

“Because you’re my sunshine girl.”

~

“Why don’t we test Meg on how much she knows about Eric.”

Meg chokes on her ice cream.

Now what?!

“Ehhhh…why do I need to be tested?” Meg said wiping with a tissue from the table and looking warily at Eric who’s pretending to be immense with his banana split.

Minwoo sniggers, “Just want to test if you’re a real fan. I, I meant we, want to know how much you know about him.” He said looking at Dongwan and then chuckling.

Dongwan clears his throat, “Yeah, it’ll be fun you’ll see. We’d give you a prize if you answer all.” He said eyeing Eric who’s fishing the cherry from his ice cream.

Andy laughs, “Oh yeah, we’d give you Eric as the prize if you do it perfectly.” He said patting Eric’s arm.

Eric chokes.

Angel sniggers.

Meg rolls her eyes, “Yeah right.” She mutters under her breath.

Minwoo raises his eyebrows, “What was that?” He said trying hard not to snigger again.

Meg shakes her head, “Nothing. Go on start.” She said as she continuously eat her ice cream. She takes a huge strawberry from her cup and eats it.

Eric looks at her avidly trying hard not to smile wide.

“Okay here we go. What is Eric’s last name?” Minwoo said keeping his face straight.

Meg laughs out loud, half the people in the shop looks at her, she bows her head and smiles at them, “You’re kidding me right?” She asks Minwoo who’s still looking at her seriously. Minwoo shakes his head, “Fine. Mun. Like the Moon.” She said pointing up as if seeing the moon on the ceiling instead of the ice cream shop’s bluish ceiling.

"You mean like, Moon? Like that?"

Eric looks at the ceiling and smiles. Andy looks at him weirdly.

“Right. What is Eric’s favorite sport?” Dongwan said seriously, he places his arms on the table and looks at Meg from across the table as if he’s some sort of a panel.

Meg laughs at this, Angel sniggers, “Basketball, favorite player, Michael Jordan.” Meg said smiling.

Eric nods appreciatively. Meg looks at him weirdly. It’s not like that’s a hard question!

“Good. What is Eric’s favorite band?” Minwoo said still serious.

“Seriously boys.” Meg said looking at both Minwoo and Dongwan as if they were crazy, “It’s Boyz II Men.” Meg said exasperatedly.

Dongwan and Minwoo look at each other and nods appreciatively. The rest laughs at them. So far all their questions have been answered, they do know it’s a bit easy for ANY fan to answer those questions, but there’s a glitch here see.

Andy knows what Minwoo and Dongwan are going to ask Meg for the very last question. The first three were just…what do they call that? Trials. The final question ought to be hard.

Dongwan smiles at Minwoo manically and winks, “Last question then.” He said while thumping Minwoo’s shoulders.

Meg sighs in relief, finally last question already!

“Right you are.” Minwoo said smiling as manically back at Dongwan. He looks at Meg and winks, “What is Eric’s dream Meg?” He said nudging Dongwan in the process.

Eric looks at Minwoo with huge wide eyes.

Surely they didn’t want to ask this question?!

Andy laughs inside. This is the hardest yet. Why? Because Eric hasn’t told anyone about his dream ever. He and boys have been questioning him over the years and even teasing him that his dream might’ve been silly that’s why he didn’t want to say it. They got tired afterwards thinking that maybe Eric’s dream finally came true that’s why he hasn’t told them about it.

Until one night Eric went home tired and sleepy. He went straight to bed and out of nowhere, while Minwoo was checking up on him (he paid him a visit to drop off some clothes and decided to sleepover too), Eric mutters in his sleep. And there you are, he said his dream.

They had to confirm it with him the next day (Minwoo excitedly SMS-ed everyone about this) and he did confirm blushing. He said there’s only one person in the world he's told this dream to. So now there’s 7 who knows about this dream of his, Shinhwa and…well whoever that person is.

Dongwan has this huge smile on his face that it’s scaring Meg already. Minwoo keeps on sniggering to himself while Andy’s in some sort of trance, probably thinking to himself. Eric looks as if he’s going to vomit soon. Angel’s silently watching them all, while munching on some cookies and dipping them on her ice cream.

Meg smiles, this is the easiest yet.

“Surely you didn’t think I don’t know this?” Meg said grinning from ear to ear now.

Minwoo, Dongwan and Andy laughs, “Let us see you try.” Dongwan said motioning for her to speak.

Eric’s looking at Meg as if she’s going to spill some horrible secret of his.

Meg laughs, “He wants to fly.”

“Eric? Fly?” Angel said choking on her cookies laughing.

Minwoo, Dongwan and Andy look at Meg with huge wide eyes.

How did she know this?!

“What?” Meg said laughing at all their reactions. She turns to Angel and gives her tissue, “It’s true. He wants to fly. He wants to soar with the birds in the skies. It’s his way of setting himself free one day.” Meg said looking at Eric and smiling.

Eric sighs and smiles back.

She never forgot.

Word for word.

“Hey Meg.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you know what my dream is?”

“Umm..no. What is it?”

“I want to fly.”

“To fly?”

“Yes. I want to soar with the birds in the skies. It’s my way of setting myself free one day.”

“Eric?”

“Hmm?”

“If that day comes, I will fly with you.”

“You didn’t forget.” Eric said patting Meg’s shoulders smiling widely this time. The rest of the boys are gawking at them while Angel mutters, “Surely she wasn’t right?!”

Meg ignores all of them, “Of course. How can I forget?” She said nodding at him and smiling just as widely.

“Wait wait wait, how?” Minwoo said still dumbstruck. Dongwan and Andy nods to this.

Eric just smiles at them.

Meg shrugs.

Angel blinks, her cookie laying on her ice cream forgotten.

“Let’s go you guys.” Eric said standing up out of nowhere.

“But wait. You haven’t told-” Andy said stopping Eric.

Eric smiles and mouths, “Later.”

The rest of the boys nod while a certain thought crosses their head.

Surely Meg isn’t…the one he told this to?

“Impossible.” Dongwan and Minwoo mutter together. Andy could only nod, unconvinced. Angel is still gawking at her friend, while Meg laughs at her.

They gather their stuff and exit the ice cream shop. They walk towards the CD shop as the boys said something about buying new releases today as well.

Minwoo, Andy and Dongwan follows Eric still bothered, but they kept their mouths shut. They browse through the CDs and continued the day as if nothing happened a while ago.

Meg walks towards the Shinhwa CDs and picks up Dongwan, Minwoo and Hyesung’s albums. She looks at them excitedly and picks up a copy of the Shinhwa 8th Gib, State of the Art.

Angel slowly walks towards her friend, afraid to ask the question but she asks it anyway, “Uhh…Meg wait.” She said tentatively, while biting her lower lip.

Meg turns to her, while her heartbeat thump faster, “Hmm? What is it?” She said innocently.

Angel’s eyebrows scrunch at the center of her forehead, “How—How did..How did you find out?” She said holding onto the CD racks as if afraid her legs are going to give away.

Meg turns back to the CDs, “About what?” She said quietly.

“Eric’s dream?” Angel said looking at Meg closely as if surveying her thoroughly.

Meg gulps, she knew Angel would ask this the moment the boys went nuts awhile ago, “Oh…Umm..”, Meg tries hard to think of a reason, “Uhh, don’t you remember? You told me.” She said facing Angel smiling.

If possible, Angel’s eyebrows could've scrunched even deeper, “I…told you?” She said trying to rack her brains about this.

Meg smiles widely, her plan had work!, “Uh-huh. Can’t remember when though. But you did.” She said turning back to the CDs and picking up some more of the Shinhwa Albums.

Angel breathes, “I did?” She repeats her question again, as if unable to believe what she just heard.

Meg nods and clutches the CDs in her arms, “Yeah.” She said smiling widely again.

Angel opens , confuse, “But—but..Meg, I-”

Angel gets cut off as Meg hops towards the boys, “We’ll talk later. Hey guys I want siggies on this!” She said waving at the boys while trying to balance the CDs she is carrying.

Angel looks at her oddly, “Wait. Meg!” She said as she raises her hands as if to signal Meg to stop.

Meg smiles at her and continuously walks towards the boys. Angel stares at her dumbstruck. What is going on?

“How can I tell her? When I don’t know either?” Angel mutters to herself as she picks a Minwoo CD from the rack and follows Meg towards the boys.

~

“Meg.”

Meg looks up from sipping her coffee and sees Eric looking at her smiling. She nods and smiles back. Her heart thumps hard on her chest the nth time today.

“Eric.” Meg mutters motioning for the seat infront of her.

They were sitting outside of the Starbucks coffee shop while waiting for Andy, Angel, Minwoo and Dongwan to come back. They said they wanted to browse for more stuff around the mall and Meg could rest for a while. Meg thought the idea was great since she was already tired from all the walking and the CDs she bought today were a massive lot, it’ll be hard to carry it around the mall. She stayed put not knowing that Eric stayed put as well.

Eric sits in front of her and sighs, “Wow, It’s been so long.” He said leaning on the wooden chair and glancing at the kids playing by the small playground area of the mall.

Meg glances at the kids and smiles, “Yeah. Seven years.” She said looking straight at Eric.

“How are you?” Eric said as he glances back at Meg and looks at her seriously.

Meg takes a sip from her coffee, “Like you.” She said avoiding his gaze.

Eric smiles wide, “What? Waiting?”

Meg looks up at him a bit shock, “Did you?”

“Wasn’t I obvious?” Eric said his eyebrows scrunch at the center of his forehead.

Meg laughs, “Ahhh, well judging from last night? No.” She said looking straight at him.

Eric groans. Shi Yeon. “Meg. You…you don’t understand.” Eric starts as he reaches out for Meg’s hand. Meg just looks at it, afraid to reach out as well.

“Really? Why don’t you make me understand Eric?” Meg said looking at him straight again. This is it. Their confrontation, she’s going to find out now.

Eric sighs, “It’s…it’s complicated.” He said leaning back on his wooden chair. People look at them as they pass by, Meg and Eric stops talking for a while and let them all pass by first.

Meg sighs, “That’s what they all said.” She said glancing at the kids again, her heart constricting.

“Who?” Eric looks at her, his face confused.

Meg smiles painfully, “Our parents.”

“Oh.” Eric nods in understanding. The thought breaks his heart. His mom’s face flashing before his eyes. He shakes his head. Meg smiles at him.

“Yeah.” She said sipping coffee again.

Eric looks at Meg seriously for a moment, “Do they still…” He said quietly, his voice trailing off.

Meg smiles “Not anymore.” She said putting down her coffee on the table and glancing back on the kids. The wind blew softly. When is Angel coming back?!

Eric looks upward and purses his lips, “Do they know?”

Meg looks at him intently, “That I’m going to see you?” She mutters almost unheard.

Eric’s heart is going to burst, “Were you?” He said his voice thick with emotion.

Meg laughs, her tears threatening to fall down her cheeks, “Isn’t THAT obvious?” She said her voice cracking, almost a whisper now.

Eric’s heart constricts at the sight of Meg’s tortured face, he reaches out for her hands, “Meg…I…”

Meg looks up and sighs, “Save your breath Eric. I didn’t come here to break you two up. You’re…you’re happy.” She said weakly. She wouldn’t dare admit this but, she wish they weren’t happy. She glances at Eric’s hands and a tear falls down her cheek.

Eric looks at her tear slowly descending down her smooth cheeks, “Am I?” He said still reaching out, wanting to wipe her tears for her.

Meg bites her lower lip, “Seriously Eric, please don’t make this hard for me. You’re happy, admit it. I…I am too.” She said looking away from him.

MEG YOU LIAR. Meg thoughts screams at her.

Eric nods although unconvinced, “You are?” He said his heart about to burst any minute now.

Meg looks down at her hands, “Please Eric.” Tears were falling down her cheeks to her lap.

Eric’s tears fall at this, “So is this how we fulfill our promise?” He said his voice cracking.

Meg sniffs and laughs, “Speak for yourself.” She said glancing up at him defiantly, her tears still falling. She stops as she sees tears fall on his cheeks.

“I am fulfilling our promise.” Eric mutters seriously, he looks at Meg straight without blinking as if to prove that he was telling the truth.

“Really Eric? Really?” Meg said not looking away this time. Both of them were crying now. Half the people passing by were looking at them weirdly; they ignore this.

Eric smiles despite the tears, “Yes.”

Meg nods, “Did you really wait Eric?” She said silently. She wanted to hear it again not to make it hard for him but to make sure she heard him right the first time.

Eric nods, “I did.”

Meg’s face contorts in total sadness, “Why did you?” She said her voice thick with emotion. She couldn’t believe she heard him right. He was waiting all along…

Eric looks at her shock, his mouth open, “What?” He mutters confuse.

Meg leans on the table and looks at him directly, her eyes full of tears, her face drenched with them, “Why did you wait and not find me?” Meg said sadness evident from her voice.

Eric’s heart falls, “Meg…I—” He said trying hard to make sure that she would understand.

“Meg!”

Both eyes went huge as orbs as they hear Angel’s cheery voice from behind them. They wipe their tears immediately and face the rest of the lot.

Angel’s smile disappears, the rest of the boys stop from walking, “Hey, what’s going on? Why are you guys…crying?” She said looking at both of their eyes, which are very red. Meg and Eric sniffs.

Bad idea.

Eric clears his face again, “We’re not.”

“You are.” Andy said seriously.

Eric gulps, He wildly searches for a reason, “Well…we were…” He looks at Meg. Meg looks at him with eyes wide not knowing what to say “We were trying out some of my lines from one of my dramas.” Eric finishes breathing heavily. He sniffs again.

Minwoo raises his eyebrows and looks at Meg and Eric as if they lost their heads, “You were what?” He said trying hard not to sound too dumbstruck.

Meg shuffles her feet under the table, “Yeah…umm..I’ve always wanted to try it with him. I couldn’t last night so well…” She said glancing at Eric and smiling. Eric nods at the rest vigorously. Meg sniffs.

“Are you serious?” Angel said looking at both of them as if they lost their marbles. Andy shakes his head in disbelief. Dongwan is too lost for words.

Meg and Eric smiles widely, “YES.” Both said in unison. They look at each other and try to smile happily. They look away almost at the same time.

“You guys are crazy.” Dongwan said, speaking at last.

Minwoo nods, “Yeah. I agree.”

Meg and Eric sighs. Their secret is kept, for now.

Eric stands up, “Let’s go?” He said helping Meg carry the CDs. Although Meg wasn’t keen to let him have it, she just goes with the flow if only to stop anymore questions.

“Yep.” Andy said pursing his lips and nodding. The rest were still looking at them weirdly.

Slowly they walk silently towards the car, Meg catches up with Angel and holds unto her hands. Angel smiles and takes it while Andy puts his arms around both girls, his hand only reaching Meg’s neck. Meg laughs at this.

Minwoo and Dongwan walk towards Minwoo’s car and place the stuff they bought from the stores. They wave at the rest and went off first. It was as if they were in a hurry.

Eric walks farther from the rest as he carries Meg’s stuff and looks at her from the back.

A single solitary tear falls from his eyes sliding down his cheeks. He could still hear her voice in his head.

Why did you Eric?

Why did you wait?

~

You’re screwed Meg. Meg thought to herself furiously.

How in the world is she suppose to fit this lot in her suitcase?! Why did she buy so much CDs?! Who’s going to carry them at the airport?! Argh.

Ring. Ring.

Meg looks up from her stuff and stares at the hotel door as if willing for it to open on its own. She’s too busy to care who’s visiting them.

“I’ll get it!” Angel’s cheery voice came from the shower, echoing against its walls. She passes by Meg smiles and runs towards the door, “Oh! It’s you!”

Meg looks up from her stuff again. She sees a silhoutte of tall person from the doorway. She looks at her stuff again.

“Yeah, you left your stuff. Andy asked me to hand it over, he’s going to see his sister.”

Meg looks up again startled.

ERIC?! Meg thought to herself, her heart thumping wildly again.

Angel hops, “Oh yeah, I know that’s today. Too bad I’m busy. Anyway, go ahead and put them stuff on my bed, I think I left the faucet open.” She said speaking quickly and running towards the shower again. She passes by Meg and winks at her.

“Sure.” Eric said amuse, he wasn’t sure if Angel heard him, she was already gone before he could even said something.

He enters the hotel room and sees Meg on the floor, wildly picking up her things and stuffing them on her bag as fast as she can.

Eric clears his throat, “Hey…” He said preparing a smile for her.

Meg stops from what she’s doing and looks up, “Eric.” She breathes.

Eric smiles wider, “Meg.”

“Eric.” Meg repeats again as if she didn’t hear herself.

Eric nods, his smile vanishing, “I’ll just…” He said as he motions for the other bed.

Meg looks back at her stuff again, this time packing slowly, “Go ahead, take your time.” She said as she picks up more CDs from her bed.

Eric nods again, “Packing already?” He said a tinge of sadness evident from his voice.

Meg looks up and then looks back at her stuff again, “Yep. No need to stay here do I?” She said trying hard to conceal her face. She wants to cry again damn it.

Eric sighs, “Meg I…” He said walking towards her instead.

Angel appears from the shower and stops, “Hey Eric. Oh. Did I cut you guys on something?” She said looking at both of them curiously.

Meg and Eric look somewhere else and mutter, “NOTHING.” Angel nods unconvinced. This two are so weird.

As Eric looks around the hotel room to avoid Meg’s eyes, his eyes fall upon a necklace on top of Meg’s bed, scattered with the rest of her jewelries.

A sea shell necklace.

Smooth and shiny still.

Eric breathes.

Angel hops towards her table and picks up a paperbag, “Great. Anyway, please hand this over to Andy for me if you can. He forgot this from my purse.” She said handing it to Eric who looks like he had fallen into a catatonic state, “Eric?” Angel mutters shaking him.

Eric clears his head and takes the paperbag from Angel, “Okay…great.” He said smiling while stealing a glance towards Meg. She returned to what she was doing a while ago.

Angel follows his gaze and smiles, “Thanks Eric.” She said patting his back.

Eric looks at Angel and smiles, “No problem.”

Angel turns towards Meg, “Hey Meg.”

“What?” Meg said looking up from what she was doing, Shinhwa’s 9th album in her hands; Eric’s signature evident from it.

Meg, thanks for your support! I love you, Eric.

Angel smiles as she reads the message from the CD, “Not going to walk him to the door?” She said motioning for Meg to stand up. Eric stares at his message. How apt.

Meg sighs and places the CD on top of her bag, “Oh. Yeah. Great.” She said standing up. Angel smiles and walks back to the shower, this time closing the door shut.

Eric looks at Meg weakly, “Meg…I”

Meg stops him from talking as she raises her hands in front of her. Eric looks at them weakly. How can he explain when she keeps on stopping him?

“Just let it go.” Meg said looking at him sadly. She avoids his gaze and her eyes fall upon his neck. A lump on forms as she sees what’s hanging from it.

Why didn’t she see this before?

A necklace dangles from Eric’s neck. It's pendant is a smooth and shiny seashell.

Meg breathing came in hard.

“Eric…just…just go.” Meg said biting her lower lip and shoving Eric gently to the door.

Eric didn’t notice her tears already forming in her eyes; He was too preoccupied with what to say and how tell her everything that he failed to realize what just transpired.

The door closed before Eric could even talk. He looks up trying to fight the feeling of banging through the hotel’s door. He was sure if he did, the hotel’s security would have his neck for it. Plus Meg would be too mad at him to even talk to him after that.

He turns around and runs as fast as he could, tears threatening to fall down his eyes again.

Meg listens for his footsteps, but she couldn’t hear any. She faces the door and leans her head on it, her legs weakening.

Angel comes out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her shoulders, she is still wearing her clothes, “Meg is Eric—Meg?” Angel said looking at her friend who’s head was leaned on the door her hands still on the doorknob.

Slowly Meg turns around and faces Angel, she looks straight at her, but she didn’t really see her there. There was only her and a white wall that she placed between her and Eric. She leans on the door and slowly slumps to the carpeted floor. Tears came out of her eyes as she covers her face and sobs on her hands.

“Why Eric why?” Meg mutters inbetween sobs. She felt as if the world just played its biggest joke on her. She is more than confuse…she can’t breathe…

Angel walks towards Meg and kneels, “Are you alright?” She said her voice full of worry.

Meg ignores her, as if not hearing her voice, “How can I let go now?” Meg said as she continuously sobs.

“This is my heart. Yours Forever.”

And it still is.

*

Meg lay on the sands and spread her arms wide. She looked beside her and found Eric looking at her grinning.

“The weather’s really brilliant today don’t you think?” Meg said her voice cheerful. She covered her eyes from the sunlight and grinned at Eric.

Eric followed what she did; he spread his arms wide and reached out for her hand and clasped it in his, “Yeah.” He said as he looked up in the skies shielding himself from the sunlight as well.

They looked like lovers on a honeymoon.

Except they were too young to look like it.

“Good thing you went unnoticed.” Eric said looking at Meg again. She had her eyes closed now, enjoying the wind breeze by her face.

They only managed to stray away from their families. They were at the Puka Beach (a part of Boracay which seems to be the breeding ground for seashells) and they were suppose to gather seashells there while enjoying the serenity of the place, there weren’t much people visiting there that day.

Meg laughs, “They’ll find out you’ll see.”

“We’re both in trouble are we?” Eric said laughing as well.

Meg opened her eyes and looked at him smiling widely, “As always.” She said still looking happy despite the looming worry in her heart. Eric smiled back at her.

Both sighed and closed their eyes listening to the waves and the birds and the sea. The wind passed by their faces slowly, gently, as if willing for them to sleep.

“Hey Meg.” Eric muttered after a few minutes of silence.

“What?” Meg replied her eyes still closed.

Eric squeezed her hand, “Here.” He said as he sat down.

Meg opened her eyes and looked at him. She laughed and sat down as well, “Eric I have a lot here already!” Meg said as she looked at the seashell resting on Eric’s palm.

Eric laughed, “Take it.” He said as he motioned for Meg to take hold of the seashell.

Meg laughed and took it, “What is it now?”

“That is my heart.” Eric said seriously.

Meg looked at him straight in the eyes and she smiled. She took one seashell much like the one he gave her and handed it to him as well, “And this is mine. Yours forever.” She said as she smiled widely at him.

Eric nodded, “Together Forever.” He said as he squeezed Meg’s hand to which he was holding from the very start.

“Promise?” Meg said as she squeezed his hand back.

Eric gathered her for a hug, ”Promise.” He whispered in her ears.

~

Promise.

Eric buries his face in his palm as tears flow out of his eyes, “Meg I couldn’t tell you. God, I wanted to. I’m engaged to her because I’m still trapped in my parent’s hands despite all these years. I’m still weak and I cannot fight. I want to fly but I can’t. Meg…” Eric said as he bites his fist, trying to control his emotions.

But they couldn’t be controlled.

“God I’m an idiot. I wanted to jump off that boat when I left the island 7 years ago. I wanted to Meg. I wanted to search for you everyday but I can’t. Things are complicated. Meg, please understand. Oh Meg…” Eric said as he looks down on the steering wheel, resting his head on it. Tears falls on his lap like raindrops.

Eric breathes heavily; he is already sobbing his heart out. He felt like the world just played the biggest joke on him.

“I’d exchange everything in this world for you.” Eric said as he raises his hands on the seashell hanging on his neck. “Like I promised Meg…Like I promised.” His tears were endless…

He could still see her crying in his mind. It kept repeating over and over in his head. He never wanted this to happen. He longed to search for her through all this years, wanting to see her face. He even told himself that even if Meg found another love, he’d still keep his promise and will keep on loving her forever.

That’s how much he loves her.

For 7 years he kept everything to himself. He did what he had to do and pleased everybody. He wanted to find new happiness. And yet somehow…even if he tried, he couldn’t stop thinking about her smile, her laughter, he tears, her words…her.

In his mind he could only picture Meg every time he was asked what his dream girl looked like…

Eric continuously sobs on his steering wheel letting memories after memories flood his mind.

He could see her looking up to him the very first time…

He decides.

There is no way he’s going to lose her again.

Eric gets out of the car again. He’s prepared to be strong this time.

For her.

He shuts the door and takes a step towards the hotel again.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

“What now?!” Eric said as he gets hold of his phone wanting to throw it away.

Oh . Eric thought furiously.

Shi Yeon.