Part 3

Someday

Someday someone’s gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone’s gonna take your place
One day I’ll forget about you
Someday someday

 

“Up next, the powerful balladeer, Shin Hyesung.”

Rhanie looked up from where she was sitting, startled.

“I was waiting for this one! Finally! I hate those freakin' commercials.” The girl beside Rhanie exclaimed happily.

She was waiting for a cab downstairs, wanting to escape all this.

How well fate plays.

“Heyy…” The girl said looking at Rhanie, whose head was bowed, “Aren’t you his girlfriend?”

Rhanie looked up suddenly and smiled, “Well, you can say that.”

The girl grinned, “Why aren’t you there with him then?”

Rhanie looked at her sadly, “I’m going on a trip.”

The girl nodded in understanding, “Well, I just thought you should be there, he looked sad a while ago.” She said turning her attention towards the television again.

“Well, everyone waited for this, who’s next? None other than the most passionate of all balladeers, Shin Hyesung!”

The girl squealed.

A car horn sounded from somewhere in front of Rhanie.

“Miss? Were you the one who asked for a cab?”

Rhanie looked at the cab driver, tearing her eyes away from the television which was playing Hyesung’s song.

“Yes.” She said, standing up and taking her stuff. The cab driver helped her immediately.

“To where, Miss?” The cab driver asked as they loaded her stuff on the car’s trunk.

Rhanie smiled, “To the airport please.”

The cab driver smiled and proceeded to the driver’s seat.

Rhanie took one last look at the television.

Hyesung was singing now.

“Don’t get lost Bunny.” She said smiling sadly, and she entered the cab and shut the door.

Don’t get lost.

~

He’s definitely lost now.

Where in the world was he anyway?

She told him he had to stay put while she went to the comfort room. Why did he have to disobey that?

She felt like she lost her brother somewhat, or her son for that matter. He’s like a small boy, he’s always getting lost!

She looked around one more time, he was definitely not in the vicinity.

She tried dialing his number.

Something in her bag vibrated.

“Oh darn it!” Rhanie said, fishing Hyesung’s phone from her bag. “And he left it with me even!” She said, fuming now.

How could he be so stupid?

Rhanie scratched her head and walked around some more. Maybe she missed a shop or a café, he couldn’t have gone far.

Bloody comfort room! The line was just unbelievable!

After 30 minutes, she still couldn’t find him.

She resisted the temptation to have him searched. Hyesung would flip if he found out she had him searched. She wouldn't hear the end of it!

She sat on one of chairs outside Starbucks and sighed.

Where did he go?

She felt tears fall down her eyes.

She lost him.

She lost her Bunny.

This couldn’t have happened.

She promised she wouldn’t lose him ever ever ever.

She buried her face in her hands.

“Why are you crying?”

She looked up suddenly.

Hyesung was looking down at her, smiling.

She couldn’t react, she just stared at him.

He grinned and produced flowers from his back.

“Happy Anniversary!” Hyesung said, grinning widely.

Rhanie suddenly stood up and hugged him tightly.

“I thought, oh my God Hyesung, I thought I lost you!” Rhanie said, crying and hugging Hyesung tightly.

Hyesung chuckled and broke away from the hug, “Lost me? You’ll never lose me.”

She laughed, her tears spilling down her cheeks. She looked at the flowers and smiled, “You remembered? I didn’t even remember!” Rhanie said taking them, “They’re so beautiful Bunny! I love them!” She hugged him again.

“You’re always taking care of me that’s why you forgot. It’s okay, I understand.” Hyesung said, hugging her back as tightly.

They proceeded to finding a restaurant for dinner, and when they were settled Hyesung looked at her, smiling again.

“I can’t believe you thought you lost me. You just started crying, I was watching you.” He said, chuckling while putting some spaghetti on her plate.

Rhanie stuck her tongue out, “You’re so bad. Why didn’t you approach me then?”

Hyesung laughed, “Well you looked so cute, you seemed lost.”

“You’re eviilll! I was worried YOU GOT LOST!” Rhanie said, helping Hyesung on putting some spaghetti on her plate.

“Well, I almost got lost actually.” Hyesung said putting spaghetti on his plate now.

“Really?” Rhanie asked while taking a forkful of spaghetti.

Hyesung nodded, his mouth full.

“But I found you.”

Rhanie looked at him, she smiled, “Yeah you did. I’m so proud of you.”

“The Bunny will always find his way home.” Hyesung said, laughing.

They both laughed.

“How many years has it been?” Rhanie asked after dinner, smiling widely at him.

Hyesung looked at her, “4.” He smiled, “4 happy years with you, and more.” He said, leaning in for a kiss.

She kissed him back.

“Wow, who would’ve thought we’d get this far?” Rhanie said, resting her head on Hyesung’s chest as they look up at the stars by the park.

Hyesung chuckled, “Who ever doubted?”

Rhanie looked up at him, “I didn’t.”

Hyesung wrinkled his nose, “So did I.”

She sighed, “The stars look so beautiful tonight, don’t you think?” She said pointing at the heavens.

“Not as beautiful as you.” Hyesung said seriously.

Rhanie playfully hit him, “You’re such a smooth talker!”

Hyesung laughed.

They stared silently at the sky for a while and then…

“I love you.” Rhanie said, looking up at him again.

“I know.” Hyesung said looking at her, brushing her hair off her face, “You always say that.”

Rhanie smiled, “Well, I want to keep reminding you.”

Hyesung kissed her cheeks, “Well then, let me remind you how I love you.” He smiled mischievously.

He leaned over for a kiss.

This time it was longer.

Deep, and loving.

Never wanting to let go.

I love you.

~

Rhanie sighed.

She looked out of the window as the cab stopped in a busy street.

There were lots of people gathering around a huge screen.

“Oh look, that guy Shin Hyesung’s performing already! He’s really good.”

Rhanie looked at the cab driver, startled.

“What?” Rhanie asked, shocked.

The driver pointed to the huge screen, where almost a hundred people gathered.

And there he was.

Wearing the clothes they planned for him to wear.

And singing the song they composed together.

Shin Hyesung.

“He’s really good isn’t he?” The cab driver said, almost proudly, “I like his songs. Especially this one. Heard he composed it with his girlfriend.” He said, looking at Rhanie through the rearview mirror.

Rhanie smiled, “I heard too.”

“Man I bet she’s happy right now. Her boyfriend’s winning this thing I’m sure.” The cab driver said as the cab moved.

Rhanie nodded and sighed.

Yes, you have no idea how proud I am.

She didn’t know what else to think.

Fate was really playing a game on her.

Moments later, she proved this again as the cab driver the radio due to the silence of the cab.

Hyesung’s song played.

And the driver even hummed along with it!

It was a good thing that it was dark.

She listened to him sing, his voice beautiful. Like it always has been.

She remembered the times he sang for her.

Sang with her.

She remembered when they composed this song together.

The sleepless nights, the sweetness, the talking, the wonderful feeling.

She remembered them all.

Like a needle piercing her heart, she remembered all the good times.

His laughter, and even his tears.

His weird tendencies, and he being the most romantic person on earth.

His thoughtfulness and his being a pain in the .

He being the man she wished to spend her life with.

He just being himself.

How she loved him.

“Bunny…” Rhanie whispered to herself, “I’ll miss you.”

She looked out the window again and realized that she was right in front of the venue of the awards.

The cab sped by.

She succumbed to her pain…

…and finally, finally she cried.