Concerto No 1: All of Love and Regret

Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Proudly presented to you, ‘Curtain’ It is the best if you read this story while listening to the ‘Curtain’ song itself.

​​​i don't own this song. I just use my own  imagination  while listening to the song. This is my idea and interpretation to curtain. It is really a great song with deep meaning  behind it.

I hope I do justice to the masterpiece!!!

________________________________________________________________

 

Milan. Italy

 

Even after the curtain close,

I won’t be alone and lonely…

Because when I sing this song

I go back to the times we were together…

 

Park Chanyeol closed his eyes as his fingers gracefully moved at their own, all over the piano’s keyboard, naturally followed the melody that played in his mind. Totally devoured in the music that he himself created, at least one of quadraple part of the lyric already been completed as he sang a long with the song. His skill was no close to be a professional singer, but at least he could sing and he had to sing once for while in the process to get the feeling of the song right.

Together with the song that he himself sang, the 25 years old song writer’s mind flew back to his old time- several years ago. The memory of certain someone made him smile and warm inside. He was all by himself in his room, but he didn’t feel alone and lonely.

**************

“Hey, are you all right?” That the words fumed from a fifteen years old Park Chanyeol as he held out his hand to the poor guy in front who fell dramatically at the other end of the stage. He just finished his piano performance, was waving to his audiences for their applause and cheer when he heard some thud noise on the stage- when he turned his head toward the source of noise, he could see another figure already lie down on the stage, with face hit the floor. Ouch!!

In reality, it was quite endearing to see someone fell because of his own silliness, and Park Chanyeol really wanted to laugh, at least internally, but the moment the another guy titled his head and looked up to see him, he got speechlessly mesmerised. Beautiful was all the word that he could think of.

“Ah, I am okay…” the total stranger stumbled in his words as he reached out the helper hand before being pulled upward. “See, I am totally okay..” The small young man tried to reassured as he clumsily patted his own grey cardigan in an attempt to straighten the wrinkle. He was now stood in front of him.

Park Chanyeol found himself got caught in total awkward situation. How come somebody be this clumsy and beautiful at the same time? Is it possible? His eyes still lingered on beautiful face in front of him as his right hand still hold firmly the other’s left hand – unable to tear both.

“Excuse me Chanyeol-shi..Is there something on my face?” The clumsy guy waved his other hand up and down in front of his eyes, to wake him up from his deep thought.

Park Chanyeol shook his head. “Erm..by the way, my name is Kim Junmyeon..I am your number one fan…” The other young male shyly introduced himself.

“Ah..Thank you…” Was all reply that Park Chanyeol could afford with before letting go the other’s left hands. He still lost at words!!!

“Sorry for troubling you..I was so excited to meet you, that you know..” The small guy who introduced himself as Kim Junmyeon rubbed his own nape, the tell tale sign of embarrassment was obvious on his white porcelain face – rosy pink tinted on his check and ears. Park Chanyeol grinned. It was kinda relief to know that he was not only one who found himself troubled with words at the encounter, but the other person as well. The way Kim Junmyeon trailed off at the end of his sentences …Park Chanyeol could not help himself but to find it adorable as well.

“I run straight away to you without any second thought once you finish your performance…I really wanted to jump that I didn’t notice that my feet bumped into something, and so….” Kim Junmyeon laughed nervously at his own joke before continuing where he stopped “…That’s the story on how I landed on my face…” He laughed again after that.

On second thought…Wow, this guy really love to embarrass himself, he kind of knowing he was going to embarrass himself but still continued what he intended to do nevertheless. Park Chanyeol just looked at the shorter guy with amusement.

“It’s okay….” He found himself replied unknowingly. It’s really okay….Although it was kinda of embarrassing moment and not in favour for Kim Junmyeon, the victim, but well, at least he finally noticed the others presence’s among the crowd.

“Ah, I almost forgot…may I get your signature, Chanyeol-shi?” Kim Junmyeon timidly handed him a paper card, around A4 size, with his picture on it.

So, this fragile looking guy really got himself a trouble just to take his autograph? Park Chanyeol was in doubt whether he should feel honour or feel pity toward the other’s unfortunate luck. What ever it was, at least he should made the guy in front of him right feel his all effort would not be in vain- all the hassle he had gone through was worth it.

“Of course..Junmyeon,” he said as he took the paper from his fanboy and began artistically drawing his signature on the given paper card. “Let have lunch together, my treat…”Park Chanyeol offered, he could act gentleman sometimes when he want to. At least, his little fanboy deserved this.

“Really?” Kim Junmyeon asked of disbelief, his eyes looked shimmered with hope.

“Yes, you’re not dreaming, Junmyeon..”

 

That was the beginning of beginning of the love story. And that was how they opened their curtain.

~~~~~~~~@@~~~~~~~~

Kim Junmyeon

Park Chanyeol muttered the name of his beloved one almost unheard- with the image of him displayed vividly in his mind- his cheerful smile, his porcelain skin, his pink lip.

That very name was the source of his inspiration and memory with him still fresh in Park Chanyeol’s mind as if it felt likes yesterday.

Word by word sailed into his skull as he reminiscence every little moment he had with Kim Junmyeon. His fingers still hit the piano’s keys, beat by beat as beautiful melody could be heard in the air.

You were so dazzling and beautiful oh

I can’t forget you. though it’s hard

Baby, what’s even harder

Is that your love from back then is no more

After I sing this song

Will I be able to see you again?

 

Kim Junmyeon, will I be able to see you again, after what I have done?? His heart silently whispered. After all this years, he still felt hurt and pain, it became unbearable – as he poured his welled up emotion into pieces of art….in the midst of hope, that may be, even in the very slightest possibility it somehow reached the other’s soul.

*******************

Ever since that day, they had became best friend. But, their relationship was bound to change. Nothing to be surprised about, because they had feeling for each other since their very first day of encounter. It always happened that Kim Junmyeon reached out for him first, even for love confession.

--

Kim Junmyeon patiently waited for him to finished his piano class. The shorter guy said, he didn’t mind for a bit waiting for him, even though it was so much to take. As an excuse, he even said that, he enjoyed listening to his piano.

“Channie…” Kim Junmyeon looked down onto the floor, seemed likes he had some serious matter to discuss but there was hesitancy in his voices.

“What’s the matter?” He concernly asked. He scanned at their surrounding – just to ensure that no body was there- it was obvious that other students already left the hall. Then, he glared at Kim Junmyeon, who still was still looking down, as if he afraid of facing him.

“I..I..erm..” the innocent looking guy stuttered, uncertainty was obvious in his shaking voices. He sighed as he clenched his hand into fists. “Look, Channie..I like you…No, what I mean to say..I love you..” he suddenly stopped. Park chanyeol widened his eyes, the wave of shock took over his mind. This kind of pleasant surprise made him speechless, the atmosphere became silence as his jaw drop unable to utter any single word as a reply.

“I love you …a lot…”Kim Junmyeon repeated his confession, although at the end of the sentence, his voice almost muffled.

Park Chanyeol tried to digest syllables upon syllables, word upon word which was coming from his best friend, it kind of surreal that he didn’t able to bring himself to believe. What had he done in the past to deserve someone as kind and beautiful and perfect likes Kim Junmyeon?

The sound of run away footsteps surged sudden realisation into him that he was not daydream – What he had heard earlier was real, Kim Junmyeon’s love for him was real…..

Luckily when he snap back into reality, he was still not too late.

“Who told you to run away after your love confession, Kim Junmyeon?” he softly asked as he grasped the other’s pale hand who already twisted the door’s knob, ready to open it. In one swift motion, he pulled the run away guy into his warm embrace. The smaller male didn’t fight back, surrendering al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter