Bonus Chapter 3 : "A little something more"

The Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Finally! I posted the third bonus chapter! I was a bit busy lately... And I've been thinking about whether I should post it or not because, when I posted the notice for the anniversary and the characters, there wasn't any reaction. Like there barely are any views and no comments so I thought that maybe no one cared... Still I worked hard to write all this (even the notice!) and I really wanted to share it with everyone!

Plus:

Virtual hugs for everyone! Thank you so, so much for your interest in my modest story! If you want more of my crazy world, I have a short story and I'm working on a new long story! So don't forget me! Well, without further ado... Long chapter ahead, sorry!   Tae Min and Na Gi were supposed to be asleep. But they were standing at the top of the stairs, calling their mother. “What’s going on, babies?” their father asked, hearing them from the living room. “You should be sleeping.” “Daddy, can we have a story?” “Well... It’s late...” “Please, Daddy~” “Okay. I’m coming.” “Call Mommy too. We want that story.” “Ah, the regular one. Na Young!” “Yes?” The woman appeared from a corridor. She saw her husband, standing in front of the couch and smiling as if he was waiting for her, and their kids, in the stairs, harboring the same expression. “What’s going on?” “They asked for ‘The Story’.” “I see.” She smiled and walked towards the stairs. “You’re as strict as ever, Tae Hyung,” she said as she passed in front of the man. “How could I refuse those angelic babies??” “Angelic? They could eat me in their magic form but, well, okay.” The two laughed as they followed the kids to their bedroom. Who said dark humor wasn’t funny? Na Young sat on Tae Min’s bed and Tae Hyung on Na Gi’s bed. “This is the story of the Creatures’ country, Lerahan. Also known as, The Flying Land,” he started. “Once upon a real time, there was a girl. She was nineteen years old and a senior in high school.”     “Aunt Yong Gi wasn’t really dead!” Na Gi exclaimed. “And you were then reunited once and for all!” added Tae Min. Tae Hyung nodded. “Indeed.” “You’re starting to know this story by heart now, aren’t you?” “We love it! Continue, Mommy!” “Mmh. That day, Yong Gi said Creatures should have their own country.” “We were really shocked! But we trusted her and followed her.” “Lerahan was put together, piece by piece, by Creatures themselves with rough magic.” Na Gi raised an index in the air. “Then The Creator cast a spell on it to transform it into a real land.” “Exact.” “After the Last War-” “Named like this because Creatures wanted it to be the last battle!” Tae Hyung smiled at his son. “That’s true. So, after the Last War, everyone was troubled and scared. When we summoned every Creature who was willing to work with us, they gathered really fast. Yong Gi had protected as much of us as she could and even sacrificed herself to save us! They all trusted her like we did.” “Including everything we had to build and create, it took about five years to complete the whole country. Do you remember what are its dimensions?” “As big as the Earth!” the boy and the girl answered together. “But it’s plane and invisible. Although some Human government know about it,” she remarked. “And it floats really high in the atmosphere,” he pointed out. “Right. It’s the Creatures that had gathered who made the country go up in the air. It was hard but they did it together and succeeded!” “Thanks to magic and the help of The Creator, the Creatures were able to move to Lerahan as soon as it was finished.” “Then organization had to be made. We invited all the Creatures interested to have a big debate to decide what to do. A lot came, even among Dark Creatures.” “After discussion, it was agreed that copying Humans’ governments as they are wasn’t a good idea, as Humans and Creatures are too different. However, mixing some of their ‘concepts of government’ to create one that would fit the Creatures seemed appropriate.” “We started by the bottom of the pyramid: the people. We visualized that ‘Creature government’ as a line on which we were all standing equally.” Na Young drew a line in the air with her hands. “They had to be the real decision-makers and they still have a say in everything that is decided.” “A Representative of each kind of Creature was picked. Then it was voted unanimously that “the persons who have saved the world”, as they called us, should form a Council.” “That Council’s concept is the GNH, the Gross National Happiness, which was borrowed from the Kingdom of Bhutan. Every time it suggests or is suggested doing something, the Council takes into consideration the happiness of the Creatures as its top priority.” “Finally, in case there are divergences of opinions among the Representatives and the Council, a Mediator was picked.” Na Gi leaped up to her knees. “Aunt Yong Gi!” “Yes. And it was unanimous this time as well,” Tae Hyung said, making his daughter go back under the blanket. “Wait!” suddenly exclaimed Tae Min, jumping up too. “Let’s not forget Mommy’s role too.” “And what is Mommy’s additional role?” “You are in charge of the relationships with Humans!” The boy proudly put his small fists on his hips. Na Young smiled and caressed his hair. “Yeah. Get back in bed, cutie.” “I’m strong, you know.” “You can be strong and cute. Look at me!” She winked, making the kids’ giggles rise in the room. “I continue?” she then asked. “Yes!” “Laws were created to protect Lerahan and the Creatures who pledged to abide by the law. Everyone accepted in the country had to promise to keep peace going. Then our government was finished!” “Don’t you think you forgot something?” Na Gi interrogated as if she was going to reprimand her mother. “Really? What?” “The Leraian, Mommy!” “Ah! That’s right! A language was also created so that the Creatures coming from all over the planet could understand each other!” Tae Min shook his head from right to left. “Be careful next time.” “Yes... Sorry...” “Things went pretty smoothly from there.” Tae Hyung continued after observing this funny scene. “It was bit clumsy at the start. We were not used to living together. But life on Lerahan began well. And it’s still going well, right?” The kids lifted their hands up enthusiastically and cheered, “Yeah~!” “Speaking of life, I think some cute mini Haetae have to go to school tomorrow.” Na Young stood up to tuck Tae Min’s sheet in. “I have magic class in the morning.” “Then you have to sleep tight to be in perfect condition!” Tae Hyung told him, tucking Na Gi’s sheet in too. “I think I’m going to participate in Magic Competitions when I’ll be old enough,” declared the girl. “I saw seniors practice and it was soooo cool!” “Let’s do it as a team! No one will be able to beat us!” “Call!” “Well, goodnight, future champions.” Tae Hyung smiled and kissed the forehead of the two children. Na Young followed him. “Goodnight~” she chanted as she turned the lights off.

 

 

“Now I invite everyone to celebrate to their hearts content! Happy birthday to our beautiful country! And I thank each of you for your hard work!” With this and everyone's cheers, the party for the anniversary of the creation of Lerahan started. I went down from the stage to join the others, who were all gathered around one table. I decided to take a tour around it. First, I reached Nam Joon, who was smoothly caressing his girlfriend’s, Lily, an Elf from the United States, swollen belly. “How are you feeling?” I asked her. “Really good. Thank you.” I bent a little towards her tummy. “And how is this small treasure doing?” “Better than ever.” “The baby is so energetic!” Nam Joon exclaimed. “It keeps kicking!” I smiled at the angel. He was euphoric, excited like a kid, even more than when he was able to catch crabs. Which said a lot. “Do you want to feel it?” “I’d love to.” Lily took my hand in hers and placed it on her body. Immediately, I felt something move and bump against my hand. My eyes widened. It was always fascinating to feel a new life inside of someone. “Wow,” was the only word I could pronounce. “I know, right?” Nam Joon caressed Lily’s belly. “I can’t wait to see this treasure. I’m actually envious that Lily can feel it all the time!” The elf giggled, resting an hand on his. “I can’t wait either.” I squatted next to Lily, moving my face close to the baby. “Aunt Yong Gi is waiting for you too, treasure!” Nam Joon and Lily smiled as I got up and started to walk away, responding with a wink. The angel was working part-time at the Library of Lerahan, one of the biggest library in the world, where all kinds of books were gathered. It was a truly fantastic place filled with amazing knowledge. And one day, the elf started working there too. They immediately clicked. Now, the two were expecting their first child. I stopped behind Min Yoon Gi. The goblin was alone, drinking Fairy liquor in silence. Eyeing the bottle, I smirked mischievously. “Don’t swallow too much. I’ll kick your this time.” “Hah. Don’t worry, I’m not doing anything like last time. I’d get killed by your beast boyfriend.” He scoffed. “And you beat me up last time too, Cruella.” “I didn’t.” “It still hurts.” I chuckled. “Why are you alone?” “I like being alone. To be honest, I’d like to go home and sleep right now. There are too many people and it’s noisy.” “You sure like to complain.” “You’re part of the noise right now.” I smiled and ruffled his hair. “What are you doing.” “I was just kidding. I’ll leave you in peace now.” “Thanks for the hard work, Yong Gi-yah.” “Thank you too, Yoon Gi.” “Mmh.” Right now, the goblin was working as a Council member. He also volunteered at a piano shop on Lerahan and, as his parents and brother had decided to stay in Korea, was going down on Earth to help at his family’s restaurant. But this was temporary according to him. Goblins usually liked change, they were doing different things for a certain time and liked to move. Even if this one had duty in Lerahan and couldn’t go anywhere else for too long.  We suspected Yoon Gi met someone. But he wasn’t saying anything to anyone. Even us, his closest friends, and his family didn’t have any concrete information. That was just like him. And we respected his choice. Eventually, he will tell us something. One day. Maybe. Ther
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter