Chapter 13 (2)

The Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: I don't have much inspiration for this author note so I'll make it short. First, thanks and welcome to the new subscriber. Then, here's a small anecdote. When I write, sometimes I listen to piano music. At some point as I was writing the first part of this chapter, there was a piano version of the OST for the movie, Inuyasha (which also is an animation). I thought the melody fitted Yong Gi and Jung Kook. It's called Affections Touching Across Time, if you're interested.   When I met Jung Kook three years ago, due to the fact that I had doubled a year of elementary school after mom passed away, he was in his first year of high school, and I was in my last year of middle school. Both our schools were side by side, like Siamese twins, and shared the same schoolyard. I was going to my favorite place, and the only one where it was perfectly calm, to have some time alone. I went up to the roof of the high school’s gymnasium, to which the access was, obviously, supposed to be banned. However, the adults didn’t know that two students were actually spending a lot of time up there. But, well, they couldn’t be blamed. Because with all the students that were swarming everywhere and the ruckus they were causing, they couldn’t have noticed the brief vanishing of only two discreet kids. Even we weren’t aware of each other’s habit of sitting on the concrete ground and snack while listening to music, watching the sky, or just forget that there was a world around us. Then one day, as I opened the metallic door, a sweet melody reached my ear and the back of a boy entered my sight. His voice was rich, deep and warm. The wind messing up his dark brown hair was making the sound flow around me. It felt as if it wrapped itself around me to give all the comfort and the warmth I needed. But he stopped singing when I bumped a feet in the door and winced ungracefully. The boy jumped, turning around, his deer eyes staring at me with shock. We started as friends. And one year went by like that; we both were too reserved to say anything. According to Jung Kook, what made him decide was the sunbaes who were beginning to approach when I entered high school. I didn’t see anything like that. But he saw. And he didn’t like it apparently. So he chose to take the first step. And we started dating. But it didn’t last very long. He suddenly wanted to break up, just because, and disappeared.   “Because of our wide capacities and ‘monster-like’ appearances, Celestials are considered the most dangerous Creatures by hunters. Our human form nullifies magic and our Maryeok because it can’t withstand it. Thanks to that, we can live like Humans and have less risk to be found by hunters. But if we are, then we have to disappear.” Jung Kook stopped. The head of the girl had been going down while he talked. And now it had reached its lowest angle. He looked at the crown of her head, waiting to see if she had anything to say. But she remained completely quiet. “I had to move around all Korea since I was born...” Sniffles appeared, and her shoulders started shaking uncontrollably. “I’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter