Chapter 11 pt.1 (3)

The Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: New friends (three I think but I'm not sure ^^') and an upvote joined us (yeah the updvote joined us too, don't ignore him)! Thank you~ Oh, hey! I forgot to mention this: we're a new dozen! It's the first time this happens to me! It's amajin!! Thank yoOoOOOouUUuuU!!! Ahem. Sorry, I'm in a good mood because today has been a good day. For the ones who care, I did well on my Korean exams, my favorite anime (Fairy Tail) has announced the airing of its last season in fall 2018, AND BTS / BIG HIT DROPPED SOMETHING OUT OF THE BLUE (of course, otherwise it's not funny)!! I'm really excited hahaha hohoho hihihi!!! And maybe a bit tired too xp. Anyways. This chapter is super long: around 4000 words! I think it's the first time I write a chapter so long. No wonder it felt as if it had no end while I was writing the last part... Since it's long, I'm not going to put the parts all together like I said I would, just too long, seriously what's wrong with me x.x

 

Every inch of my body, the wind, the ground, the elements, the movements, the Maryeok* (magical energy) flowing in me, in peoples, in things and in the air: I could feel everything better thanks to meditation. But there wasn’t much improvement on the ‘magic side’. I could only produce really small portions of magic, not enough to awake anything in me, or be able to do anything at all. “Yong Gi-yah!” I jumped at the sudden call. Opening my eyes, I immediately spotted the young man running my way, tracking stone in hand, from the direction Yoon Gi had gone to, I don’t even know how much ago. “Ho Seok-ssi?” I stood up. “Something’s wrong?” “Tst. I told you no ‘-ssi’, didn’t I?” “Sorry, it’s just that I’m not really fond of ‘Oppa’.” “Then...” He tapped his chin with an index. “Ah! I know. Let's make a deal: if I'm able to get you to master Maryeok manipulation within one hour, you have to call me ‘Oppa’!” “I doubt you'll be able to do that in such a short time though?” He grinned, “We'll see.” “Well. Okay, call!*” “Alright!” Ho Seok bounced in front of me and plopped down on the grass. “Let's start!” I sat too and grabbed my phone. “Wait, I’ll put a timer.” “A timer? Why??” “The time included in the deal is one hour. I can’t allow even one extra minute. My pride is on the line after all.” “Do you hate me that much?” “I hate ‘Oppa’, not you.” He pouted. “I’m listening, Ho Seok-ssi.” “Ey, you heartless kid!” “I’m not a kid. I’m listening.” “OK, OK. First, nothing's wrong. Na Young was searching for you and Nam Joon thought you might have gone out to practice somewhere quiet.” “I did.” “You should've told us!” “Sorry.” He smiled and patted my head. Wasn’t that out of the blue? “Well. Ready?” “Yes.” “To start you need to know that Maryeok isn't just energy. It can be used as ‘rough magic’, a magic that doesn't have any form, and Fairies are master users of that rough magic. We use it to control nature and, since they need quite a lot of Maryeok, it's by concentrating it that we can deploy Elvish spells. These are fairies’ special techniques.” As he spoke, Ho Seok lifted an hand, palm up to the sky. A light came out of it. It was slightly fragmented, as if made of pieces, and its color kept on changing. He then turned his hand to a flowerbed, where the flowers were facing down and from which the colors had started to fade away, extending his finger as if they were guiding the light to leave his skin. And the light did go to delicately embrace the flowers, inch by inch making them look up and find their natural colors back. “But if it's fairies’ techniques, doesn't that mean only Fairies use it?”

“Yes. Creatures usually transform Maryeok directly into their magic. For exemple, a Goblin will transform their Maryeok into shadow magic and an Elf into the spell they deploy. But your Maryeok has been asleep for nineteen years because of the seal. So I think your magic needs an extra push.” “What does that mean?” “By concentrating rough magic like I do to use elvish spells, your magic might get stimulated and wa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter